• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:03 PM

20160129_ROSEPatch.png

Patch Notes v618

Empowerment System Update

Support for enhancer materials has been added, which enables a Paradigm Rune to gain additional grades on a successful empowerment attempt.  These new enhancers can be found in Game Arena dungeons or for purchase from the Item Mall.

And until September 6th, all empowerment success rates have been increased by 5%!

Dungeons
  • Updated Game Arena dungeon bosses to reward empowerment materials and enhancers separately from other drops.
  • Added new "Empowerment Shard" material as possible drop from Game Arena dungeon bosses, which enables a Paradigm Rune to gain 1 additional grade on a successful empowerment attempt.
PvP
Game Arena PvP empowerment material reward mechanics have been updated to provide more appropriate rewards based on the type of game mode being played, and to alleviate issues regarding collusion between teams that encouraged mutual "farming" of materials.

We appreciate your feedback on this subject and will continue to monitor and adjust the reward mechanics to ensure that effort and participation in games are being rewarded appropriately.
  • Akram Arena
    • Paradigmatic Cluster and Paradigmatic Essence reward potential has been increased.
  • Crystal Defenders
    • Paradigmatic Cluster and Paradigmatic Essence reward potential has been increased.
  • Draconis Peaks
    • Paradigmatic Cluster reward potential has been reduced.
    • Paradigmatic Essence reward potential has been increased.
    • The winning team now has any empowerment materials earned during the game rewarded in double.
Bug Fixes
  • Corrected Attack Speed bonuses on all glove items.
20160129_ROSEItemMall.png

Items > Gameplay
  • Charged Empowerment Shard New! (+2 additional grades on a successful empowerment attempt)

#2 iRaphael

iRaphael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:16 PM

Would be nice if u guys would release a "Box of Charged Empowerment Shard"

#3 Nura

Nura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationIn my Gigi's heart

Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:14 PM

Correct me if I am wrong. With the introduction of empowered runes, I was under the impression that we are going to veer away from the 'pay to win' situation in game by being able to obtain materials only thru PvP /PvM games. An impression was created that these runes in their final form should be 'earned' by the players With the introduction of the enhancement material in IM, isn't this purpose totally defeated ?  These enhancement materials are IM Tradeable. So what is this going to do to the already crazy economy in game ?

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:22 PM

Correct me if I am wrong. With the introduction of empowered runes, I was under the impression 

You were wrong.

Impressions can be deceiving. 

#5 Necromancer27

Necromancer27

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationCocito

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:30 PM

I knew this going to happen.....i dont know where is the thread were i said that they going to release an easier way to improve runes via IM.....

This happened to the clan passive s idea...a lot of people started to play dungs to get clan points for clan skills....but one day, IM appeared and f... it all.....

GG

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:08 PM

Get used to it. Until the concept and image of Dungeons is changed in the playerbase, then there will never be a respect for them and will be used as a marketing method to push IM sales.

I mean think about it.

The player base already hates Dungeons, or at least they put down anyone who does enjoy them.

The Dungeons are not hard, are boring actually, and feel like a chore and not a challenge.

New content get's added and is put into the Dungeons as a less than 1% drop chance. And is then put into the IM.

People automatically flock to the IM option, because of previously mentioned issues with Dungeons. The marketing team see's this, so do the CEO's etc.

Now, whenever the idea of improving Dungeons comes up, it'd be likely to be ignored because they've become a marketing tool for IM sales. You can grind your soul into dust for MAYBE 1 or 2. Or you can spend quite literally 3minutes of labor from your job [even a minimum wage job] and just buy them. 

Seeing as ROSE is entirely funded by micro-transactions, they're obviously not going to gimp those sales. My issue is the drastic [and frankly insane] difference in time between working your job to buy it or earning it.

If you made 9.50 an hour, you're making about 16 cents a minute. These new runes are 50 points, [50 cents] This means quite literally it'd only take you 3 minutes to earn a Charged stone.

How long does it take to complete Dungeons? 15 mins, 25 if it goes south? And what's the chance to get one? [My guesstimate is going to be 1-5% but that's putting it high] So average 20mins, 3.5% chance to get. This means you'd need to play mmmm roughly 25 Dungeons to get 1 rune. 25 * 20mins = 500 minutes [8.3 hours, a full work day in the states]

So, here's my question to the DEV's. Do you want people to realize this? Do you REALLY want people to look at Dungeons and come to the conclusion that this is a horrid waste of time. Because in 1 day of work, I can make 76$'s, [7,600 IM points before bonuses] or, 152 Fragments. [Which btw you can sell for 83.6billion zulie~]. Or, maybe I could get 1. 

You're literally encouraging people to NOT play the game at this point. You're telling them Go work, do not play the game to progress, do not play Dungeons at all, do not play the game at all.

And THAT is a problem. 

#7 raranz25

raranz25

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:ARUA

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:53 AM

I like the Dungeon updates and some stuffs :3

It made PVM arena more interesting. By the way, may I ask why does FS doesn't have much clusters in AA,CD,DP even if we got clashes? I've tried it but it gave low clusters, honors were okay but I can't feel the increase cluster in AA and CD

#8 QueenElizabeth

QueenElizabeth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Locationgermany

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:36 AM

I agree on the fs experience!

Even when we heal a lot, the amount of clusters is small. And it is frustrating to see the teammembers getting 40+ clusters, when you get 20.

#9 Choubakawa

Choubakawa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter:@Choubakawa
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:02 AM

Would be nice if u guys would release a "Box of Charged Empowerment Shard"

Correct me if I am wrong. With the introduction of empowered runes, I was under the impression that we are going to veer away from the 'pay to win' situation in game by being able to obtain materials only thru PvP /PvM games. An impression was created that these runes in their final form should be 'earned' by the players With the introduction of the enhancement material in IM, isn't this purpose totally defeated ?  These enhancement materials are IM Tradeable. So what is this going to do to the already crazy economy in game ?

Where you can find a demand you can make money, basics of economy class xD
Rose is already a pay-to-win game, one item in more in the IM store is not dramatic lol

#10 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:10 AM

Regarding the enhancers- you can get them in the dungeons as well as the Item Mall. That's true of most things in the IM, at least the things that are important.

So while some people like throwing around the phrase "pay-to-win" it really doesn't apply here or in ROSE in general because there is always a way to earn those items in the game for those who can't or don't want to purchase them from the Item Mall.

#11 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:45 PM

Honeybuns, please read my larger comment. Your statement that they can be 'earned in game' is almost pointless and them being added to Dungeons in merely a redundancy to prevent claims like the one you made. Just because they're in the dungeon, doesn't mean that it's a viable option. 

#12 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:56 PM

Get used to it. Until the concept and image of Dungeons is changed in the playerbase, then there will never be a respect for them and will be used as a marketing method to push IM sales.

I mean think about it.

The player base already hates Dungeons, or at least they put down anyone who does enjoy them.

The Dungeons are not hard, are boring actually, and feel like a chore and not a challenge.

New content get's added and is put into the Dungeons as a less than 1% drop chance. And is then put into the IM.

People automatically flock to the IM option, because of previously mentioned issues with Dungeons. The marketing team see's this, so do the CEO's etc.

Now, whenever the idea of improving Dungeons comes up, it'd be likely to be ignored because they've become a marketing tool for IM sales. You can grind your soul into dust for MAYBE 1 or 2. Or you can spend quite literally 3minutes of labor from your job [even a minimum wage job] and just buy them. 

Seeing as ROSE is entirely funded by micro-transactions, they're obviously not going to gimp those sales. My issue is the drastic [and frankly insane] difference in time between working your job to buy it or earning it.

If you made 9.50 an hour, you're making about 16 cents a minute. These new runes are 50 points, [50 cents] This means quite literally it'd only take you 3 minutes to earn a Charged stone.

How long does it take to complete Dungeons? 15 mins, 25 if it goes south? And what's the chance to get one? [My guesstimate is going to be 1-5% but that's putting it high] So average 20mins, 3.5% chance to get. This means you'd need to play mmmm roughly 25 Dungeons to get 1 rune. 25 * 20mins = 500 minutes [8.3 hours, a full work day in the states]

So, here's my question to the DEV's. Do you want people to realize this? Do you REALLY want people to look at Dungeons and come to the conclusion that this is a horrid waste of time. Because in 1 day of work, I can make 76$'s, [7,600 IM points before bonuses] or, 152 Fragments. [Which btw you can sell for 83.6billion zulie~]. Or, maybe I could get 1. 

You're literally encouraging people to NOT play the game at this point. You're telling them Go work, do not play the game to progress, do not play Dungeons at all, do not play the game at all.

And THAT is a problem. 

I have to agree with this, thats why I find rose from warpportal are not going to progress and invite more players. The way that players can be strong through IM is the problem and the way that players can earn this through the game is too hard. The devs didnt know that players who plays normally plays a big percentage than players who rely through IM.

#13 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:58 PM

Personally, a game who's content is fun and stable, and offers higher price costumes or cosmetics is a better game than what we have.

We don't have a way to directly buy a skin from the IM. We have a roulette and a form of gambling for costumes. If we don't get the parts then we trade for them. and sometimes you simply can't get them because some parts are valued much higher than others. 

So why bother with the headache. Why not just offer the monthly 'spin' costumes as a box for the month, direct purchase. You know what you're going to get, you pay a flat amount, and there's no hassle. 

Decisions like that are why ROSE feels clunky. Particularly when it comes to purchasing items on the item mall. Nearly everything in a random chance box, or a roulette system. And no one is being fooled. We know it's so you have to buy on average 2x more than what you would need to if it was directly sold. 

#14 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:29 PM

Please remember that posting your opinion about an update or anything else is fine, but posts falsely predicting ROSE's future will not be tolerated. 

#15 7057131117023218773

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Server:SA PUSO MO

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:13 PM

Please remember that posting your opinion about an update or anything else is fine, but posts falsely predicting ROSE's future will not be tolerated. 

Do we already have any guides on how to make a rune and upgrading it? 

#16 Brreezzyhill8

Brreezzyhill8

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:15 PM

good news for dungeon freaks, its time to be pvm beasts. \o/

oh and we hoped in the good name of the game creators

that we could somehow use venurunes on upgrading runes.

its almost impossible to upgrade beyond 30%  :(

Edited by Brreezzyhill8, 07 September 2016 - 05:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users