Question about Level 3 Shield Spell - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question about Level 3 Shield Spell

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:11 PM

@topic

How do you know if you now have the ability to break armors? is it automatic once you cast shield spell? or it is random based on the 3 spells included in Level 3?

OR

Do you get all 3 Level 3 spells at once?

Edited by Usurper, 05 September 2016 - 11:13 PM.

#2 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:57 AM

It's random. You can only tell you got the first one if you don't notice the effects of the other 2.

#3 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:notRO

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:17 AM

You can choose to use shield spell 1, 2 or 3(hotkey them), once you use one, you'll get one of the three effects at random.

To figure out if which SS3 you got, just check if your def increased or if you healed yourself, if nothing happens but you still have the icon, you got the armor breaking SS.  

Once you figure out which one is the armor breaking one, check the timer duration on the shield spell icon as it will be longer than the timer for the increased def.

Remember that the shield will affect the duration of the skill so if you memorize the time(to make sure is armor breaking ss3) use the same shield.  

This way is easier than keeping your info window open to see if def increased or not and you just have to hover the mouse over the SS icon to see the timer.

Edited by Aizenath, 06 September 2016 - 04:19 AM.

#4 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:11 AM

Thanks a lot for the tip guys very helpful. Especially the timer buff.

Is this skill bugged? SS2 doesnt seem to work, I can't cast magnificat. I'm using this skill as a SC btw.

Has this skill already gone through balancing patches? will this skill be nerfed?

Edit***

So I just read that:

"It should be noted that shields that have, for example 0 MDEF if the user were to try and cast Level 2 Shield Spell nothing will happen."

I'm using a +12 CIS, I do believe it should have MDEF correct?

Edited by Usurper, 06 September 2016 - 05:23 AM.

#5 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:06 AM

CIS?

I think one of the best shields to use is the Gray Shield right now (or magic reflector.)

If you don't need the refine... would a WoE TE shield work well, I wonder? 

#6 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:12 AM

^
Sorry what I meant by CIS is a Cranial Immue Shield, I've tried to use SS2 but nothing happens, could it be that the said shield does not have MDEF?

I'll check on Gray Shield and WoE TE but I don't think I'll replace immune shield just to get the effect of SS2. It's expensive to over upragde items.

Edited by Usurper, 06 September 2016 - 06:13 AM.

#7 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:29 AM

^
Sorry what I meant by CIS is a Cranial Immue Shield, I've tried to use SS2 but nothing happens, could it be that the said shield does not have MDEF?

I'll check on Gray Shield and WoE TE but I don't think I'll replace immune shield just to get the effect of SS2. It's expensive to over upragde items.

You can always do shield swap after getting the said effects, the effect will remain there even if you swap with another shield.

It will be cancelled out if you recast shield spell again or unequip shield but swapping shield is fine I did this trick all the time to gain 130 attack boost using SS1.

#8 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:48 AM

Ah yeah, Immune Shield has no mdef. 

for reference: http://db.irowiki.or...type=3&sort=4,1

Casval's got the right idea -- keep one for the buff, then swap to your main resistance shield. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 06 September 2016 - 06:48 AM.

#9 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:27 AM

Thanks a lot!!!

Edited by Usurper, 06 September 2016 - 07:34 AM.

#10 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:02 PM

Someone's got it very accurate. The armor breaking buff timer is longer than the Hard-Def buff timer. As time goes, you probably wont have to see your status window to know. From my experience, there is a higher chance to get the breaking buff than the Hard-Def buff. Also, if you get armor breaking buff already and cast another buff, say, Hard-Def buff, you'll get both effects. It can be any SS buff actually ie ATK buff from SS1. I'm not sure if they've fixed this bug because while you get to keep the armor breaking buff forever until you die, your unfrozen armor wont save you. You will get frozen wearing unfrozen armor and unfreezing shadow set wont help you.

Its been a long time since I've used SS3. Most people in WoE have FCP and some times in PvP for competitive players (better be safe than sorry). Also Hard Def < Reductions in renewal. Whatever you're planning to do, good luck xD

Edited by ChakriGuard, 12 October 2016 - 08:16 AM.

#11 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:29 PM

^

Thanks for the additional info, well I only pvp and why I'm obsessing with SS is because it works with triangle shot/ arrowshower (the armor breaking part) :heh: . Most players on our server if not a Gene does not have fcp.

Edited by Usurper, 06 September 2016 - 06:31 PM.

#12 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:notRO

Posted 11 September 2016 - 12:25 AM

And you'll freeze while using ss3(armor break) even if you use unfrozen shadow set, tested today :(

#13 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 12:53 AM

You should always SS1, only reason people have SS3 is because it's a prerequisite for Inspiration. 

#14 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:51 AM

And you'll freeze while using ss3(armor break) even if you use unfrozen shadow set, tested today :(

Sorry I didn't put much thought about what Chakri said regarding this part. When you say "you'll freeze" are you referring to the caster? or the enemy? OR if you break someone's armor using SS3 even if they have unfro shadow set they'd still be frozen?

Edited by Usurper, 11 September 2016 - 08:56 AM.

#15 EvilGeniusPH

EvilGeniusPH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:05 PM

Sorry I didn't put much thought about what Chakri said regarding this part. When you say "you'll freeze" are you referring to the caster? or the enemy? OR if you break someone's armor using SS3 even if they have unfro shadow set they'd still be frozen?

Even you are wearing unfro set or unfro shadow you will still be freeze :) (SS3 Break Armor Bug Downside)

#16 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:18 AM

To put it simple, once you (a caster) get SS3'a armor breaking buff, nothing in this game can save you from getting frozen. Marc card doesn't help. Unfrozen shadow set doesn't help. It is a package deal.

However a +30 unfrozen shadow set seems to give freeze resistances and reduces the time you're frozen. I tested it long long ass time ago when so got my set to +30. Sometime I froze only 2-3 seconds. Sometimes I froze up to 5 seconds. In the end however I think the set helps to reduce the time you are frozen and reduces the chance you freeze.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 12 October 2016 - 08:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users