Fall Fashion Community Costume Contest - Event Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Fall Fashion Community Costume Contest

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 09 September 2016 - 08:35 AM

Hello Roserians!

The trees are changing colors and the air is getting cooler. It's time for a new fashion season to begin! Create your most innovative costumes for the fall, that help to represent what fall means to you. Bright autumn leaves, scarfs and mittens? Create costumes for a warrior of autumn, something comfortable to explore Junon, or gear to prepare for the fall harvest! Remember, your costume must be original to qualify, and if you take inspiration from another design, provide links to that source. 

August Theme: Fall Fashion!

Submissions
Entries can be hand drawn, created with a tablet and image editing software, or 3-D models.  Make sure to include any colors that you concept for your costume design if its an original design. Costume designs should include both a male and female version. Make sure to also include the name of your costume and include your in game name with your entry

Costume designs must be the creation of the players submitting the entry. They should also match the current monthly theme. While a design may be inspired by others artwork, costumes that are not the creation of the players submitting the entry or have only been slightly modified off another artists designs will be disqualified.  ** 

* In addition to the normal costume designs, we will be accepting stand alone back costume designs. Back item designs, such as bat  wings or jetpacks, should also fit the monthly theme, but are not required to be part of an entire costume.

Results

This contest will run from 9/09/2016 – 09/30/2016. The ROSE Team will pick the winning costume to be created in game and the winners will be announced the following week.

Prize

The player who submits the costume that is chosen will not only receive that costume in game once it is created, but will be given 1000 IM Points! Winners also are able to choose if they would like their name to appear on the costume description to be immortalized forever for their concept in game. If you wish for your name to be on the costume description, we will request that you let us know in a pm once the contest is complete and the winners have been announced.

*If you have an idea for a future theme you would like to see implemented, just send me a PM and let me know! In addition, costume designs that do not fit this theme are welcome in this section as well, all costume designs are looked at by the ROSE Team for consideration to be used for future designs.

** Please know that costumes that have been lifted from other artists (such as artists found on deviantart), even if you change the colors or add your own designs to them will not qualify unless you have received that artists approval and can provide proof of that approval. We have been receiving more costumes that have been lifted from other artists, in the future posts containing another artists work, or designs from another game will be removed from this thread.

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 09 September 2016 - 08:53 AM

Lark, not that it's my place to even bring this up really. But if the company ends up using plagiarized art to make the costumes, isn't the company liable for damages to the artist? I mean, it's a bit bigger than say breaking the no cursing rule, but personally I think a temporary suspension rule should be placed on these contests. If they're definitely found to have copied art, specifically fan art, etc [illustrations] I think a disqualification and forum suspension would bring people to their senses a bit more. Because they seem to keep 'testing the water' so to speak. 

Edited by Feuer, 09 September 2016 - 08:53 AM.

#3 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:02 AM

Lark, not that it's my place to even bring this up really. But if the company ends up using plagiarized art to make the costumes, isn't the company liable for damages to the artist? I mean, it's a bit bigger than say breaking the no cursing rule, but personally I think a temporary suspension rule should be placed on these contests. If they're definitely found to have copied art, specifically fan art, etc [illustrations] I think a disqualification and forum suspension would bring people to their senses a bit more. Because they seem to keep 'testing the water' so to speak. 

one of the new costumes looks a lot like miss fortune LOL

#4 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:21 AM

one of the new costumes looks a lot like miss fortune LOL

Miss Fortune (from League of Legends I assume we are talking about here?) has two pirate looking skins as far as I know neither of which look like the new costumes in game other than having the pirate theme. Which of the new costumes were you concerned about? 

(I know there is a Ms Fortune in Skull Girls as well, but since she doesn't have a pirate skin I don't think we have to worry about her ^_^)

#5 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:26 AM

Miss Fortune (from League of Legends I assume we are talking about here?) has two pirate looking skins as far as I know neither of which look like the new costumes in game other than having the pirate theme. Which of the new costumes were you concerned about? 

(I know there is a Ms Fortune in Skull Girls as well, but since she doesn't have a pirate skin I don't think we have to worry about her ^_^)

believe me i own miss fortune from that game and one of those costumes even the names kinda looks a like really reminds me of her but i guess it may looks a like if it isnt the exact same haha

#6 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:42 AM

I want to be really clear here because I know a lot of people have just been taking images from other games costumes and recoloring them or changing one thing. Taking a costume design from another game is NOT okay, and will not qualify for the costume contest. We did look into all of Miss Fortunes skins, none of which resemble these costumes, other than being pirate themed. Both the Classic/Original and Captain themed skins have different color patterns, on top of which these costumes have completely different designs. If you do see a costume design being entered into this contest that you believe is from another game or another artist, please send me a PM with the design you are concerned about as well as a link to the original art so it can be looked into. 

Edit: As it is stated in the original post, you may take inspiration from another costume, as long as the design is your own. This can be kind of a tricky line to walk, so let me give an example. You want to create a cat costume, and you were inspired by Catwoman. You can provide links to several Catwoman designs that have features that you have incorporated into your own design, but the overall design and artwork must be your own. If you are unsure about a design idea you have, just let me know, I'm happy to help with this. 

#7 lala09

lala09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Leona

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:18 PM

Fall Fashion?! I can't wait to see what people will come up with! this is probably one of my favourite theme so far!  :p_love:

Edited by lala09, 17 September 2016 - 05:20 PM.

#8 StayStacey

StayStacey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:43 PM

:gawi:  Autumn Get Up!  :p_idea:  :p_hi: 

ThNoobOne

Just as I thought of wearing during this time of season!

Autumn - Fall

3483fk8.jpg

#9 mukarusak

mukarusak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 06:02 AM

Name  character :  ZOGHaoshoku

Name costume : Aki Ni Ai

Spoiler

#10 payatotako

payatotako

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 08:31 AM

IGN; 2Lits

COLOR-FALL ATTIRE

FOR GIRLS

http://www.directupl...s4ry89s_jpg.htm

FOR BOYS

http://www.directupl...5l2mabi_jpg.htm

#11 payatotako

payatotako

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 08:33 AM

IGN; 2Lits

GOD DRUMS OF FURY(BACKGEAR)

http://www.directupl...fmu7k9k_jpg.htm

Edited by Dragonlark, 21 September 2016 - 01:05 PM.

#12 payatotako

payatotako

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 08:37 AM

IGN: 2Lits

SPRINGGAN WING

NOTE:(ANY COLOR BUT I LOVE BLACK =)

http://www.directupl...354ddrm_jpg.htm

#13 henrycao

henrycao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:48 PM

it doesn't look like theres many creations for fall fashion. I must say the costumes here I am not really a fan of, just hope these guys don't win by default. Sorry for the criticism. a light jacket or a hoodie would be nice. ^^

#14 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:07 PM

Please leave the text at the default size. Posts will be edited if the text is changed in this way. 

#15 AkoSiMaartee

AkoSiMaartee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:10 AM

Fall Fashion Contest

Name of Character: Maartee

Name of Costume: FallForGray

fallgray.jpg

#16 OmaOpa

OmaOpa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Server:Merged

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:19 AM

This is my entry! I will name it "Fall Guide" (like a tour guide) LOLs

flbpyr.jpg

My ign: OmaDesu

my post was removed tf

Edited by OmaOpa, 25 September 2016 - 02:28 AM.

#17 AkoSiMaartee

AkoSiMaartee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 06:08 AM

for Back Item

Name of Costume: FeatherCage

detail: front part could be hidden(so the body costume design won't get ruin up) for as long as the back is well..

backcage.jpg

Edited by AkoSiMaartee, 24 September 2016 - 01:34 PM.

#18 AkoSiMaartee

AkoSiMaartee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 06:26 AM

Aw I some what hidden my one post.. I'l repost..

#19 AkoSiMaartee

AkoSiMaartee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 06:30 AM

for Back Item

Name of Back Item: FlowerCase

detail: front part could be hidden(so the body costume design won't get ruin up) for as long as the back is well..

* If this doesn't suit for guy character, I made another one to stash the flowers.. 

backtack.jpg

#20 Kurosukiller

Kurosukiller

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:56 PM

Fall Fashion Theme

Name of Character: Dem0nKing

Name of Costume: Fallin' Luv

Fall%20Theme%202.jpg?t=1474761013

#21 Kurosukiller

Kurosukiller

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:35 PM

Back Item

Name of Character: Dem0nKing

Name of Back Item: Dark Autumnal-Scarf

Scarf%20-%20Back%20Item.jpg?t=1474761021

#22 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 03:11 PM

You know, I've always wanted something like this so :D here's half of my entry [or all of it, not sure if I liked the other idea i had]

1603o6g.png

Cheerio

#23 DeeAhh

DeeAhh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 11:41 PM

Fall Fashion

Character Name: doozzz

Costume N: FallHype

Girl

mkxcgi.jpg

Boy

2vsninp.jpg

#24 Xhantasmagoria

Xhantasmagoria

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:59 PM

Hello :)

Here's my entry for this fall fashion costume contest.

IGN: Xhantasmagoria

Costume: Autumn Blossom

autumn_blossom_by_xnekohime-dajc5nn.png

Edited by Xhantasmagoria, 28 September 2016 - 05:14 PM.

#25 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:34 PM

Not bad, not bad at all! Just dug through your deviant art, and it all looks legit, art style is consistent, good work. 

persons-0106.png?v=1369544013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users