September 14th Classic Patch Notes - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

September 14th Classic Patch Notes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#26 JGkush

JGkush

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:43 AM

well looks like i should have spent my kp on previous box then, wasn't sure they were removing the box entirely this week.

Damn... me too! D:  I don't like this...

Edited by JGkush, 14 September 2016 - 11:50 AM.

#27 Hoaxmaster

Hoaxmaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:52 AM

Surprised they didnt shut down the foundry thread for classic box or told people with a direct response stating they will be removing it this week. Plus i dont find it to be that fair on players who dont get involved in the forums. At least if they have giving a heads up the forum dwellers could have told them.

#28 JGkush

JGkush

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:43 PM

Surprised they didnt shut down the foundry thread for classic box or told people with a direct response stating they will be removing it this week. Plus i dont find it to be that fair on players who dont get involved in the forums. At least if they have giving a heads up the forum dwellers could have told them.

Surprised too, and i remember in the post from the past Patch Oda asking what items we would like for the Sept box, so.... =/

#29 2428130531130001823

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:47 PM

looks like u just killed classic with this.. sadly kp items was the only way for new players to even make zeny..

and now your taking that out and again rewarding the older players that have muti accounts.. nice.

im so glad as a new player i saved up 2k wp to spend on boxes and now its gonna end and my wpe useless?

and ya? why even ask us what we wanted to see in sept box//...

i guess ill never get chewing gum now... oh well 

on to the next game

Edited by 2428130531130001823, 14 September 2016 - 12:48 PM.

#30 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:59 PM

looks like u just killed classic with this.. sadly kp items was the only way for new players to even make zeny..

and now your taking that out and again rewarding the older players that have muti accounts.. nice.

im so glad as a new player i saved up 2k wp to spend on boxes and now its gonna end and my wpe useless?

and ya? why even ask us what we wanted to see in sept box//...

i guess ill never get chewing gum now... oh well 

on to the next game

The treasure cache system will contain many of the same items that appeared in lucky boxes. But at a cheaper per box rate. The thread is still valid as we will be using it to populate the boxes with suggestions.

Please wait until I can post the overview next week. 

Headgears such as the chewing gum can also cycle in with the headgear quest system which we started this week (beta test) as well. There will be an adventuring component. 

#31 Hoaxmaster

Hoaxmaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:07 PM

i will say though that if the hats are non tradeable this could cause issue like for example if you ever want a +9 evil marching hat and you dont have one good luck! you get 9 on 1 account and to take an item from 0-9 and using  enriched elunium you will need an avg of 50 hats. yes some people will get before that mark but others may break 100 before getting one, thats why they call it an average. Just seems like certain items will skyrocket in price because they will be trade-able versions of the item. and make it much harder to obtain now then it was in the past.

#32 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:10 PM

i will say though that if the hats are non tradeable this could cause issue like for example if you ever want a +9 evil marching hat and you dont have one good luck! you get 9 on 1 account and to take an item from 0-9 and using  enriched elunium you will need an avg of 50 hats. yes some people will get before that mark but others may break 100 before getting one, thats why they call it an average. Just seems like certain items will skyrocket in price because they will be trade-able versions of the item. and make it much harder to obtain now then it was in the past.

Currently the implementation plan is coupons are character bound. The hats themselves will not change status. If there is a problem due to bots we will address that when the time comes.

I am putting together my notes on the treasure cache system here: https://forums.warpp...-classic-notes/

#33 Macman1001

Macman1001

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:12 PM

So that's nice maintenance was today .... and I didn't get castels loots

#34 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:15 PM

So that's nice maintenance was today .... and I didn't get castels loots

Please ticket in and the GMs should restore.

#35 Hoaxmaster

Hoaxmaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:18 PM

let the chaos begin

#36 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:19 PM

hello, buy foods, sell to guilds, thanks

we're cheap jerks and if that'll help my friend save irl money i'm down i'll steal the guild leader account and buy them maybe depending on need

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:21 PM

I assume that for consumables via the lucky boxes, party buffs, mental pots, mega resist pots, mercs, there will be other alternatives?

can't believe I'm the only one bringing that up, but please and thanks.

#38 Hoaxmaster

Hoaxmaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:23 PM

I assume that for consumables via the lucky boxes, party buffs, mental pots, mega resist pots, mercs, there will be other alternatives?

can't believe I'm the only one bringing that up, but please and thanks.

that will all be in the new treasure system we have no info on yet, next week we should hopefully.

#39 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:31 PM

I really hope those items don't end up in the hands of woe victors the same way as GSBs.......

#40 Hoaxmaster

Hoaxmaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:37 PM

I really hope those items don't end up in the hands of woe victors the same way as GSBs.......

i agree fully, we need something to benefit the newer players with having limited accounts and access to equips in mind. They have to be able to get this stuff too! Sad to see how people with many accounts and already geared character get more catering then new players. Probably one of the main reasons we dont have new players joining the iro community.

#41 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:49 PM

Other thread is updated with the over view of the system.

#42 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:04 PM

COMEDY OPTION: throw these consumables into a new spare card system. disable on TI maps. details to be thought up later because i've been drinking and that means i can express ideas i actually want to see implemented but cannot really follow through at the moment with the numbers or whatever.

seriously, i miss blank cards, you could alter them based on race and have different spare cards give different drops and aaaaaaaaaaaa i miss them and they could be reasons to go out into rando maps and farm!!!!!!! have a brute spare card and a dragon spare card and whatever idk i'm spitballin' again

#43 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:09 PM

disable TI maps you mean

I'd quite like to be able to use something like that on my primary solo levelling map.

#44 HotoCocoa

HotoCocoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:38 PM

looks like u just killed classic with this..

<>

VModCinnamon:

​Please be nice! Or no more cute lunatic hats for you!

Edited by VModCinnamon, 14 September 2016 - 03:17 PM.
Removed response, inappropriate.

#45 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:42 PM

<>

last I checked u can't pay server hosts/employees in gumdrops and rainbow sprinkles but hey maybe you can outside America

Edited by VModCinnamon, 14 September 2016 - 03:18 PM.
edited in quote

#46 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:47 PM

last I checked u can't pay server hosts/employees in gumdrops and rainbow sprinkles but hey maybe you can outside America

I don't often feel the need to point out people acting like this, but it's an MMO not a TCG, it needs playable content to maintain a playerbase. If everything can be bought nobody will play and we may as well all play console games all week.

Income for the company doesn't need to be through selling direct power. Cosmetic and convenience items should handle it just fine, along with subs.

#47 HotoCocoa

HotoCocoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:50 PM

I checked my bank statements and I just gave square enix 200 bucks to play a game without any advantage to other players

#48 HotoCocoa

HotoCocoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:03 PM

"It's okay to pay for a ridiculous amount of advantage because it pays for the servers that break every other week"

<>

#49 JGkush

JGkush

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:53 AM

Is the Spotlight still GH?

#50 2428130531130001823

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:03 AM

who ever thought of this one should be fired.. 

lets take out the only reason ppl still spend money on this game.

and like i said.. since i started here , everything seems to only benefit the older players...

then make a quest  easier for only vip players//  lol  genius way to keep new players... lol 

jokes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users