Sword Champs Mute needs fixing - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Sword Champs Mute needs fixing

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 henrycao

henrycao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:17 PM

So I can understand that long time ago, Sword champs that had used mute on a cleric was overwhelming because of its 100% success rate. I believe the duration of the mute ability was also nerfed... Mute now has a 6 second duration and 80% success rate <- seems decent but its not...

But with the changes as time passed, (heal over time, mute resistance, gems, runes, gears) I think the mute doesn't make a difference anymore. Many players can reduce the success rate to a point where the effect isn't even viable.. Soul Wreck seems to have no impact.. please buff it. and also the cooldown is 23seconds... seems like I cant even use it more than once a fight. players with clan + lumi gear 200+220 + face mute resist + that grade9 back item cape can cause my mute chance to be only 20-30% and it only gets lower when they get runes... how am I suppose to mute anybody with such a low success rate. Is it not my strongest single target ability? Please Buff

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:09 PM

I agree.

The fact that Mute was nerfed because of Clerics crying about not being able to heal or purify it was completely redundant after they were given a 50% PASSIVE RESISTANCE to mutes. On top of that, there's the other sets and runes. 

I've never understood why that change was made. The whole point of having different classes, is so some are strong to others while also having weaknesses. Clerics Weakness was mute. Now, if they really wanted to. They could get the 50% Passive, 10% Resistance Gem, 10% Cape, 10% Clan Passive. That's a total of 80% Resistance to their only true weakness, PASSIVELY. And if they cast Mana shield, they gain another 20%. That's 100% Mute Resistance [essentially permanently]. 

If anything, not only should the Mute success on Soul Wreck be a fixed 100%, Clerics Resistance should be brought down.

If they decide not to change anything. Then I want the Axe Champions Ultimate Passive to be a PASSIVE 30-50% Status Resistance. As well as other classes whos passives require combat to function. It's completely moronic to say that everyone except Clerics needs to fight and be in combat to have their passives proc. 

Edited by Feuer, 09 September 2016 - 10:12 PM.

#3 Brreezzyhill8

Brreezzyhill8

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:35 AM

should have been as simple as

soldiers -> hawkers -> muse -> soldiers

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:33 PM

You forgot dealers you genius. 

It originally WAS:

Soldiers -> Dealers -> Hawkers -> Muses -> Soldiers

But they completely screwed that up a long time ago. 

#5 Brreezzyhill8

Brreezzyhill8

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 01:44 AM

oh yeah dealers haha,

#6 henrycao

henrycao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 September 2016 - 02:55 AM

well i think every class should have a chance to beat every other class, no class should be superior in terms of rate of wins in pvp. that way everyone can enjoy building the class they like the most, not just building it because its considered overpowered*

anyways, with all these new reductions to status success rate, I feel 80% on mute before reductions is just way too low.. like Feuer said, a certain class can reduce my mute success rate to 0% >.<

Edited by henrycao, 12 September 2016 - 02:55 AM.

#7 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:59 AM

Now, hold on here a minute Henry, that was only part of the reasoning.

There's another half of it that I want to make clear. 

Classes Like Champions, have 1, and sometimes 0, Hard CC. When those CC's don't function properly, or can easily be resisted, that is a massive blow to the likelihood that they can recover.

However, Classes like Mages, whom have 5, 6, sometimes even 8 or more Hard CC [Talkin Stuns Mutes etc people] can afford to have 1 or 2 resisted. Because they fail already, the Mage is used to not 100% relying on the CC. A Champ, NEEDs that CC to work, when he uses it. most of everytime.

If* Champions had more than 1 Hard CC available to them, like Mages or Artisans, then I wouldn't feel this way. But as it stands, yes, they should get a little love. [And Clerics resistances need a Bazooka taken to them, because it's getting out of hand]. 

#8 Brreezzyhill8

Brreezzyhill8

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 10:22 PM

a way to beat every people in the game is having all the class,

example is if your dealer is beaten by a katar.

get a knight.

if your katar is beaten by a knight

get an ice and lightning mage.

but im not so sure about this iv only been a vendor my ingame rose life :P.

cud work tho

id like more knowledge to it, what class is for what. so no more bullies X_X

and der wud only be a duel against class x class.

Edited by Brreezzyhill8, 12 September 2016 - 10:23 PM.

#9 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:02 PM

That argument I find completely redundant. I find it that way because the point of an MMORPG is to connect with the world, and build a story for yourself. How can you possibly become attached to a character, if you have to play all of them?

Not only that, it only serves to completely ignore the fact that some classes can completely over-power more than 1 class. Mages for example have no weakness aside from another Mage or a very well trained and skilled Knight, even then it's a matter of sheer luck for the Knight to win. 

Edited by Feuer, 12 September 2016 - 11:03 PM.

#10 Brreezzyhill8

Brreezzyhill8

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:45 AM

nagato pain has 6 tho which beats jeraiya.

anyway id like the idea of having a fighter character other than my peaceful main character which is a crafter, vendor, looter.

and i think iL make one now just in case for a bully :)

#11 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:07 PM

.... What? I'm going to hazard a guess at a very nebulous Naruto quote, and the rest, I have no idea. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users