Any optimistic info about Dragoon in Arcadia patch ? - Warrior Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Any optimistic info about Dragoon in Arcadia patch ?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 ChungEm

ChungEm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:04 PM

If there are any info i would love to hear, because dragoon status is kinda bad.

I hope there will be some buffs in some particular skills to bring dragoons their former glory ( the far far far away glory... ) 

#2 HakannBlast

HakannBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 12:34 AM

dragoon is balanced the other classes are just op

if all classes had dragoon damage bosses would be hard again

#3 Bustincaps

Bustincaps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 September 2016 - 07:34 PM

Dragoon is a very well-rounded class; I don't think there's anything wrong with it besides it having a slower PvE clear speed than other classes, which it makes up for in other areas.

#4 Spyropurple

Spyropurple

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:40 PM

sometimes i like play dragoon to pretend i am a npc at elga  :p_cry:

But the problem is the top tier  damage classes not dragoon itself 

#5 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:18 AM

Before dragon was a very good class. Sadly he can be outplayed now by most of the class. Wait for more changes, good class for me atm are archer, invoker, sorc, summoner. 

#6 ChungEm

ChungEm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 16 September 2016 - 01:54 AM

well, imo, the way dragoon works is not effective.

First, as a tanker role,from low to high level, dragoon can't tank anything ( despite the fact that in this game no one need a tanker ), from low to high level, unless he/she has OP gear. Twos skills that give dragoon the ability to tank is Barricade and Sacred Protection. But both of them are not useful because of the game itself. Barricade causes the dragoon to move slowly while speed is the thing that matters in the game. Sacred Protection is somehow effective, but in most occasions, none of the party member needs it.

Second, PvE damage aspect. When you play as a dragoon, of course you know that tanker role doesn't have much damage, but that is way more bad. Some of the Dragoon' skills is hard to hit, idk it's lag, or something esle. For example both of the awaken skills sometime hit 1 or 2 times only, Spear Jab and Cross Cut sometimes can't even hit mobs when they stand in front of you.

Third, Set option for dragoon is too bad and out of meta. Endgame sets like BDL or PoS have nearly all useless Set option stats. Block rates is almost useless in the nearly patch, since it was nerf. And Evade rate % is just ridiculous. That leads to a problem that dragoon have to invest more to have nice soulcraft opt to stay competitive, but they can't reach to the tier of other classes ( PvE aspect )

#7 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:56 AM

Dragoon isn't as bad as you think, they have skills that heal a lot (even though it isn't as much as priest could do).
They also can increase others players' damage with Time Reverse or Offensive Aura (yes, only the first one is decent) so their effectiveness shows only while fighting in a party.

As for the PoS set, I agree that the options are disappointing. However you can combine multiple sets to get the stats they want. You want C.Damage ? Use chaotic sets. Movement speed ? Heirloom BD set is here for you. Dragoon isn't the only class that has bad set options. But that doesn't mean you can't compensate them.

For sure, Dragoon isn't the best class, but it was enjoyable to play for some reasons. But adjustements are always needed.

#8 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:34 AM

I think DK is pretty overpowered tbh. Even when DK was nerfed it simply outplayed most of the other classes in 1o1. Only in BSQ and group PvP it suffered since it has pretty low DPS which means you need time to complete your combos to deal real DMG, but well you can't have everything.

Without the shared cooldown andwithout the casting time on spin it bear DK is one of the best classes in 1o1. You have extremely good catches, alot of skills which you can use in multiple ways and alot of superarmor and tons of HP.

Even when DK was nerfed it was easy to win vs Sentinel and Ninjas in PvP.

PvE wise.. well PvE wise DK is pretty useless in my opinion. Before Drakans were released you could use DK at least as a "TR Slave" so a ninja was able to DaggerSpam. But since Summoner released, lets be hones, every class seems to be kinda useless in PvE.

#9 HakannBlast

HakannBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:14 AM

I think DK is pretty overpowered tbh. Even when DK was nerfed it simply outplayed most of the other classes in 1o1. Only in BSQ and group PvP it suffered since it has pretty low DPS which means you need time to complete your combos to deal real DMG, but well you can't have everything.

Who would have thought that a pvp class was good for 1 vs 1

#10 eyes2kill

eyes2kill

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:43 AM

If there are any info i would love to hear, because dragoon status is kinda bad.

I hope there will be some buffs in some particular skills to bring dragoons their former glory ( the far far far away glory... ) 

They do kind of suck in both PVP and PVE. Gamers here will tell you is balance, but the truth is, they are not. Pvp 1 vs 1 is practically none since no one does it. If you go to bsq with a pally chances are, you will be obsolete cause the classes with multiple skills that freezes or long range attacks will kill you and you can forget EW, paladins is 1 of the worst class for it.

With the same token, BSQ is practically a joke these days. Same thing that always happens, camping, dual PC with alternates on the other side to troll gamers, went in today and it turn out to be 1 vs 9 with dual pc's on one side camping, and too many skills use that should not be used at all in the area.

Subject has been beat down to death in the forums, with the last attempt to bsq fixing was the removal of all HP potions from BSQ, which never took place cause everyone was still able to use heal items, a big dissapointment and last time I went to BSQ with the exception of this morning.

If you are looking for balance in PVP for pally only thing you can do is lock 1 vs 1 and that takes 4 ever to kill anyone and not good anywere else. If all you care is to fight others, than BSQ is probably the only place you will have fun at, problem is that it's broken and unfair with certain classes given priority. If you want PVP try, warlock, priest, and summoner. Those 3 classes are practically the most OP in bsq battles group. But be aware, 49-59 bsq is filled up with gamers breaking every rule and policies ever made and nothing will change that, reporting or not, the cheating is for real. I can't blame the gamers for doing what they do, cause it has been brought forward 1k times and it still the same for years.

#11 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 20 October 2016 - 01:33 PM

They do kind of suck in both PVP and PVE. Gamers here will tell you is balance, but the truth is, they are not. Pvp 1 vs 1 is practically none since no one does it. If you go to bsq with a pally chances are, you will be obsolete cause the classes with multiple skills that freezes or long range attacks will kill you and you can forget EW, paladins is 1 of the worst class for it.

With the same token, BSQ is practically a joke these days. Same thing that always happens, camping, dual PC with alternates on the other side to troll gamers, went in today and it turn out to be 1 vs 9 with dual pc's on one side camping, and too many skills use that should not be used at all in the area.

Subject has been beat down to death in the forums, with the last attempt to bsq fixing was the removal of all HP potions from BSQ, which never took place cause everyone was still able to use heal items, a big dissapointment and last time I went to BSQ with the exception of this morning.

If you are looking for balance in PVP for pally only thing you can do is lock 1 vs 1 and that takes 4 ever to kill anyone and not good anywere else. If all you care is to fight others, than BSQ is probably the only place you will have fun at, problem is that it's broken and unfair with certain classes given priority. If you want PVP try, warlock, priest, and summoner. Those 3 classes are practically the most OP in bsq battles group. But be aware, 49-59 bsq is filled up with gamers breaking every rule and policies ever made and nothing will change that, reporting or not, the cheating is for real. I can't blame the gamers for doing what they do, cause it has been brought forward 1k times and it still the same for years.

I don't know why you suddenly go to a mini-rant on things screwing you over in BSQ like I see you commonly complain about.

Back on topic; Yea 1v1 Dragoon's got quite a good time. Group however unless you wanna just stun/flinch-spam while the real dps does cleanup then aside from efficient catching of decent mspd classes you won't be doing much. You can go tanky/mspd Dragoon and just take advantage of roach life+recovery to heal/run-stall flags in BSQ but all in all, you're gonna get countered pretty bad a lot of the time.

#12 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:59 PM

I had 35k Resist in all 4 resist, 300k-350k bsq hp, 47k Pdef, 30k Mdef Pre-Arcadia. I died in a few seconds in battle square, I did not die in regular pvp room, did nothing in EW.

Post arcadia, I do a tiny bit more damage, die in 1 second and that's about it. I have 0 kill potential in battle square, 1v1s with even gear is skill based and it's easy against certain classes and worse against some.

So basically the only optimistic about the dragoon in arcadia is that they do "a tiny bit more damage" due to elements in PvE however in PvP they recently nerfed elemental damage by 50% so you won't do much other than a low tier cc.

#13 eyes2kill

eyes2kill

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:50 PM

I don't know why you suddenly go to a mini-rant on things screwing you over in BSQ like I see you commonly complain about.

Back on topic; Yea 1v1 Dragoon's got quite a good time. Group however unless you wanna just stun/flinch-spam while the real dps does cleanup then aside from efficient catching of decent mspd classes you won't be doing much. You can go tanky/mspd Dragoon and just take advantage of roach life+recovery to heal/run-stall flags in BSQ but all in all, you're gonna get countered pretty bad a lot of the time.

I was simply sugesting, giving advised on what his looking into, fighting other players, not ranting on anything, so stop making stuff personal like you always do.

#14 eyes2kill

eyes2kill

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:55 PM

I had 35k Resist in all 4 resist, 300k-350k bsq hp, 47k Pdef, 30k Mdef Pre-Arcadia. I died in a few seconds in battle square, I did not die in regular pvp room, did nothing in EW.

Post arcadia, I do a tiny bit more damage, die in 1 second and that's about it. I have 0 kill potential in battle square, 1v1s with even gear is skill based and it's easy against certain classes and worse against some.

So basically the only optimistic about the dragoon in arcadia is that they do "a tiny bit more damage" due to elements in PvE however in PvP they recently nerfed elemental damage by 50% so you won't do much other than a low tier cc.

Correct: In both statement and cactuars attack.

That's the reason, I stoped using pallies for anything, not worth the effort for either BSQ-EW, mediocre in PVE and only neutral when it comes to 1 vs 1 PVP.

Edited by eyes2kill, 20 October 2016 - 08:21 PM.

#15 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:19 AM

Goons are alright at harassing with their knocks and launches, which can be quite a bit beneficial. I don't think it's a bad class in current bsq EW, the quests are alright (do-able atleast) from what I remember and you have a bit of sustain of your own with the heals. You don't have to kill anyone.

Suffers from the same thing as pretty much all classes besides summoner, physical and magic attack do way too little dmg. Some classes make up to it with elements, dragoon unfortunately isn't one of those.

Edited by Precrush, 22 October 2016 - 01:39 AM.

#16 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:08 PM

Thats pretty much what i said. In group PvP / BSQ they are kinda worse because of their skills. They have no good DPS nor great groundcontrol. This goes also for PvE.

But in 1o1 they are monster. But since only classes like mages or drakans can enjoy BSQ its just about what you are planning to do with the class.

If you just want to PvP, 1o1 or sometimes 2o2, go for DK if you want to play it. It's worth it. If you look for pure farming, BSQ, EW then think about it. I dont see any changes in future which brings the DK's important role back in PvE or which will give the DK back its tank role in BSQ.

#17 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:12 PM

I meant the quests in EW**. In bsq they don't matter obviously.

#18 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:35 AM

Didnt mean you.

#19 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:38 AM

Nor did I mean you? Just corrected it o.o

#20 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:58 AM

ooh okay :D

lul

#21 adeshina101

adeshina101

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:18 PM

I'm a level 85 Dragoon who has played (and continues to play) the game for quite a few years. Here are some of my thoughts:

- We are trash in PVE lets be honest, it's not that we're inherently bad, it's just that some of the other classes are too damn good. I have a +20 PoS sword with great options, great soulcraft and is boosted by great socket cards. My equips are generally solid and my crit rate (31%) and crit damage are very high. Despite this, other classes can mop up mobs at a significantly faster rate. Our dps is simply crap in comparison to other classes. We simply aren't hitting hard enough and that needs to change. It's embarrassing when someone who is a far lower level than me is hitting harder!

- Also, can the mods fix the laggy skills for Dragoon? Rolling ground, ascension dragon and dragon dive often don't work like their supposed to. This can be really annoying when fighting large groups of mobs.

#22 HakannBlast

HakannBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:56 AM

I think overall Dragoon is weakest char in game not because of pvp or pve effectiveness but since htl is such a powerfull stat in the game and dragoon is the class that  should abuse this stat the most and still manage to be bottom tier shows how bad the class is 

Also this game doesnt need supports(invoker was turned into dps machine cough) making dragoon even weaker

#23 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:35 AM

The reason why the dragoon looks bad is because it's being compared to by other classes. By itself it can do it's job. You can clear mission maps, you can kill elga (with good gear just like other non summoners), you can pvp in 1v1s, group pvp is much harder to find a role but still possible to have presence. then again you guys are all right, it does lack in some areas.

#24 HakannBlast

HakannBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:07 AM

thats why the korean dev team created the savage class with upgraded versions of both overlord and dragoon skills and  also gave them  75 htl on pos  and 40% damage reduction by  spinning for no reason because  tank stats belong to the half naked class  :thumb2:

#25 Spyropurple

Spyropurple

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:12 AM

The reason why the dragoon looks bad is because it's being compared to by other classes. By itself it can do it's job. You can clear mission maps, you can kill elga (with good gear just like other non summoners), you can pvp in 1v1s, group pvp is much harder to find a role but still possible to have presence. then again you guys are all right, it does lack in some areas.

dragoon does need time reverse aura to work how can they hope he work well on a grouped pvp.

They should give the aura on group pvp but only work on himself, but they still  somehow allow invoker to heal all party to full hp on pvp ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users