Good Morning 9-12-2016 - Page 4 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Good Morning 9-12-2016

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
294 replies to this topic

#76 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:26 PM

RO has been on a pay-to-win streak for a while now. Resistance is futile.

#77 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:30 PM

sigh, and i was thinking about playing there :(

#78 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:33 PM

Not quite sure how I feel about this..

On one hand, awesome new gear! Wanna stick my favoritest card ever in there and be a total badass!

On the other hand, we have another pay to win event designed to milk people for as much money as possible, even more so enforced by the fact that it's a gamble to get the new gear.. Then, of course, we're getting another piece of gear that totally out classes and invalidates a lot of top tier gear, not to mention several pieces of costly pay to win gear that's been previously released, throwing the hopes of maintaining a more balanced environment further out the window.

I get it, it's a business, It's gotta make money, but these "events" really feel like they're going way too far.

Gonna be giving this a long hard think, might be time to stop supporting this game all together.

So basically it just means it creates a power creep for those who attend the event, and all those who missed it are out of luck and are better off playing else where?

There is already a lot of legitimate complaints about how there are way to many gears not breaking on the server, thanks to Certs.
There is already a lot of legitimate complaints against Enriched Hammer, due to the fact it created a standard that is well above what a standard should be.
Do we really need to push that further, and make +14 the standard? Sure, +14 will still require a lot dumped into it for it to be considered the standard, but events like this push the game further to that point.

Not to mention the impact it has on new gears meant to replace the previous BIS. They become worthless until events like this reappear. Take Thanatos, Crimson, Robot Arm and other gears for example. Nobody bothered with them until Enriched and new +10 certs happened.

I am all for making the current standard of +9 and +12 easier through events, if its necessary. But please do realize the massive negative effects that come with higher upgrades. Refinement is permanent. If you even dare to try to correct a mistake later down the line, it would be next to impossible. All you will be able to do is replace it with the new best in slot.

I don't think a 101 on power creeping is necessary though.

I understand your power creep concerns as well as others and this is something we have made sure the studio is aware of. We have already declined content like certain Shadow item sets, sealed cards, para market and Bossnia due to player concerns.

With this event we were hoping to present players with MORE value for the support that they have shown for the game and hope that you will support sensible and fair new events, systems and items that we are working with the kRO development team to provide.

The studio has promised that they will consider player concerns in the future efforts in balancing the game, and we will make sure that the general player voice is heard is this discussion.

#79 havokkmorands

havokkmorands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:37 PM

I think it will broken up this game (more).

Is possible to KVM Weapons Slaughter effect works on pvp/woe only up to +10?

Cuz Everyone will one shot in this game...

#80 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:38 PM

I think it will broken up this game (more).

Is possible to KVM Weapons Slaughter effect works on pvp/woe only up to +10?

Cuz Everyone will one shot in this game...

Well, Ash and I noticed that the CRIT damage bonus from the GHB goes past +10... so I would like to assume the worst.

#81 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:38 PM

"more value" = "more power" tho...........

#82 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:39 PM

So basically it just means it creates a power creep for those who attend the event, and all those who missed it are out of luck and are better off playing else where?

There is already a lot of legitimate complaints about how there are way to many gears not breaking on the server, thanks to Certs.
There is already a lot of legitimate complaints against Enriched Hammer, due to the fact it created a standard that is well above what a standard should be.
Do we really need to push that further, and make +14 the standard? Sure, +14 will still require a lot dumped into it for it to be considered the standard, but events like this push the game further to that point.

Not to mention the impact it has on new gears meant to replace the previous BIS. They become worthless until events like this reappear. Take Thanatos, Crimson, Robot Arm and other gears for example. Nobody bothered with them until Enriched and new +10 certs happened.

I am all for making the current standard of +9 and +12 easier through events, if its necessary. But please do realize the massive negative effects that come with higher upgrades. Refinement is permanent. If you even dare to try to correct a mistake later down the line, it would be next to impossible. All you will be able to do is replace it with the new best in slot.

I don't think a 101 on power creeping is necessary though.

I Agree.

I really want my KVM +12 but with this event +12 is just an option,we already have a lot of 1 shot classes in WoE (i can't imagine PVP after this event) and still NO PVP/CLASS/WOE BALANCE.

And as you said,if someone lost the event,how they are able to fight someone that got everything to +12~+14?

#83 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:39 PM

Pay-to-win has always been part of RO since subscription went away, but not to an impossible extreme to catch up with in time. Depends how much they want to keep pushing it until the gap between older players and new players are too wide, that it'd turn off new players, or future returning players also.

They just aren't finding any solution to lure back old players or new players but instead trying to deter them worst. :u Now to deter current players too...

Years ago when I started on this game, I was more than willing to spend money to support the game. After all, I enjoyed playing it very much. But as time goes I just find very little reason to support the game anymore. The unfrozen set was a giant slap in the face after a 19+ page of uproar over it, and it shouldn't be difficult to balance it. Disable it working with other armor mvp cards and that'd be a compromise to work with.

For every OP gears, there should come with a negative effect. These stuff? The only negative effect is wasted money on a game that is going to lead itself into it's grave sooner.

#84 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:42 PM

As long as there's no enriched hammer event I'm gucci.

Edited by KamiKali, 12 September 2016 - 03:43 PM.

#85 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:44 PM

I'm ready for all the butthurts about getting one shotted by Sura even harder.

#86 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:46 PM

Then do you mind sharing how you can possibly show effort on balancing the game? Let's start with WoE.

In the case of this event, +12s already run amok across the server, that's a given. +14s on the other hand are deadly in WoE. In WoE TE, the +15s handed out by USRC are some of the deadliest, simply because of the refine.

How can you possibly say you want to balance the game, especially WoE which was recently in the talks of balance with kRO, when everyone is running around being broken regardless of whatever is done?

Seriously, one of the biggest issues with the WoE scene is the lack of the scene actually existing (among a few other things). More and more guilds are leaving, and practically no new player dares even attempt to join in on it because of the threatening requirements it has. Sure, an event like this would make it possible for potential new WoErs right at this moment, but it would only further deter new ones.

#87 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:49 PM

You can't do this kind of event "ONLY ONCE". It's an inmense advantage to give these kind of upgrade rates, and not everyone can participate in a "ONE TIME EVENT" so... you either make it something that happens like twice every year or expect big rage posts from people who miss out.

Edit; or just don't do it, lol.

Edited by meli, 12 September 2016 - 03:49 PM.

#88 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:50 PM

You can't do this kind of event "ONLY ONCE". It's an inmense advantage to give these kind of upgrade rates, and not everyone can participate in a "ONE TIME EVENT" so... you either make it something that happens like twice every year or expect big rage posts from people who miss out.

Edit; or just don't do it, lol.

It's like the FAW enchant system, once it was introduced the way it was it could not be fixed without it badly affecting new players.

#89 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:54 PM

Well, Ash and I noticed that the CRIT damage bonus from the GHB goes past +10... so I would like to assume the worst.

What is a GHB?

Not quite sure how I feel about this..

On one hand, awesome new gear! Wanna stick my favoritest card ever in there and be a total badass!

On the other hand, we have another pay to win event designed to milk people for as much money as possible, even more so enforced by the fact that it's a gamble to get the new gear.. Then, of course, we're getting another piece of gear that totally out classes and invalidates a lot of top tier gear, not to mention several pieces of costly pay to win gear that's been previously released, throwing the hopes of maintaining a more balanced environment further out the window.

I get it, it's a business, It's gotta make money, but these "events" really feel like they're going way too far.

Gonna be giving this a long hard think, might be time to stop supporting this game all together.

What card, what card?

#90 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:56 PM

Glorious Hunter Bow?

#91 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:56 PM

I don't trust these 'one time event' promises, I remember the RWC boxes were something they said it's a rare event item, only to have them constantly reintroduce it until it's not even a 2012 RWC only item anymore. =x

I'm not even raging or upset, just seeing these as a massive red flags that the game is dying (like pRO when they desperately try to milk people clean before shutting down) and I'm ready to jump the ship. Already planning to take my time, effort and money elsewhere.

#92 ellol

ellol

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:58 PM

Will there be Enriched Hammer with this event?

#93 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:00 PM

I don't trust these 'one time event' promises, I remember the RWC boxes were something they said it's a rare event item, only to have them constantly reintroduce it until it's not even a 2012 RWC only item anymore. =x

I'm not even raging or upset, just seeing these as a massive red flags that the game is dying (like pRO when they desperately try to milk people clean before shutting down) and I'm ready to jump the ship. Already planning to take my time, effort and money elsewhere.

They are doing the same thing on bRO

Sealad MVP cards every 2 months lol

Gravity needs money

#94 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:04 PM

Gravity needs money

We will see which server sinks first.. ? :y

#95 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:04 PM

Gravity needs money

Sealed? twRO is having MVP cards inside the lucky boxes every month. So does kRO and everyother RO except iRO.

Even jRO recently put Thanatos card inside their boxes (their boxes were super expensive though, 15 bucks?) Not sure how the community reacted to that since I don't live in Japan and I'm too lazy to VPN over.

I guess we should at least be happy that's not happening..... yet.

#96 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:05 PM

We will see which server sinks first.. ? :y

Probably.

#97 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:05 PM

Sealed? twRO is having MVP cards inside the lucky boxes every month. So does kRO and everyother RO except iRO.

Even jRO recently put Thanatos card inside their boxes (their boxes were super expensive though, 15 bucks?) Not sure how the community reacted to that since I don't live in Japan and I'm too lazy to VPN over.

I guess we should at least be happy that's not happening..... yet.

We have made it clear that sealed/mvp cards cannot be introduced as sales items in our service.

#98 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:13 PM

We have made it clear that sealed/mvp cards cannot be introduced as sales items in our service.

For now..

You and your staff ignored all the outcry over the Unfrozen Shadow Set and did as you pleased. We all know it's gonna happen again.

Hell, do we actually have a say in this matter, or are you all just gonna push this one on us too?

#99 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:14 PM

Thank you Campitor. I definitely undestand your situation. Business is business. Will we have a new npc for this event? I noticed we can use enriched ores to +10 our gear.

#100 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:17 PM

Gravity's desire for money is undeniable like the pull of Gravity, i mean, gravity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users