Upcoming Refine Event Discussion Thread 9-13 - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Upcoming Refine Event Discussion Thread 9-13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
357 replies to this topic

#51 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:57 AM

Not a level 3 weapon but Ash will probably do it with his RWC Knife.

That knife is the definition of abuse.

#52 AAEM

AAEM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:57 AM

Put enriched hammer event this week (because some of us want to enjoy "enriched hammer") , and the over refine event the week after. So all supposed to benefit from it right. The newer players able to get to the points where the veterans used to before, and the veterans are actually able to push their luck even further.

Edited by AAEM, 13 September 2016 - 11:06 AM.

#53 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:00 AM

I'd say given it's not really that cheap to do it (regardless how rich u are), most of +12 kvms will become +13, and some +13 will become +14. I really doubt ppl will invest into higher than that on kvm unless it's an RK kvm.

As for other gears, you can expect that most of the mvp carded BxB used in woe will be at least +14, and only a really few will be +15. 

Expect many +13 White Drooping Eddgas, some +14 as well. Maybe someone is crazy to try +15 it. A  couple of +15 Heartwing Hairband.

Various +12 Temporal Boots of all kind. A -_-load of +12 lv4 weapons.

As for lv3 weapons, We gonna see quite a bunch of those. Crimson Weapons topping out, and i believe there will be even +16 or above ones (Katar i expect). But then, +15 lv3 weapons will be almost as abundant as +13 lv4 weapons, those being mainly Erdes, RWC weapons, Crimson weapons. Bunch of +14 Elven Bows too. :v

PS: this is all based on my own speculation :v

PS²: I wont be upgrading my RWC on chaos :v

#54 bunnyband

bunnyband

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:03 AM

If you were fine with 1 lucky guy having them, then I don't see the problem with that number of lucky people increasing.

That 1 lucky guy has advantage for a reason. How bout look back to when server(classic) was new and only 1 or 2 person own a GR? They well known for their tankiness, 1 or 2 is fine but dont make it so that everyone has the same advantage.

#55 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:10 AM

Real talk, how is this event supposed to benefit the server in the long run? The current argument is that it will allow players to +12 their equips easier. As it stands, the server is absolutely saturated with upgraded equips. Ok well looking past that, you want to allow newer players to have a chance to catch up, fair enough. But not all players have +10 or higher equips or the funds to reach +10 on their equips. wasn't the target of this new event supposed to be those "who enjoy Enriched Hammer"? How exactly is this event helping those who struggle to even +9 their gears?

Again moving on, ok a portion of the population now has +12 equips. That's actually great, they're now stronger than before and can explore new plateaus in this game (if there are any seeing as there hasn't been a true challenge in this game for a while now).

But the event doesn't just do a select population favors, no? No, there will the the group of players who are all well established with many overupgraded gears and they'll be looking to add to and expand their collection. Plenty of them already have stacks of HD ores well exceeding 5 to 10k and aren't going to spend a penny on KP, OR they will buy with zeny because you accumulate quite a bit of it over the years.

Now we look at the other problem RO is facing: playerbase. Our population is less than 2k and we are struggling mightily to recuit new players to come and play. It's not a secret that RO is a dying game, and a new player looking to join will find that everyone is loaded with gears they can only dream of attaining unless they literally break the bank as this event isn't gonna come around often. Would you feel inclined to blow your next paycheck to try and excell in a dying game?

So let's consider this real quick: who's really benefiting from this event? Who exactly is the target, and what are the consequences of its implementation? Looking forward, is this event really going to help maintain a healthy server?

Benefits the server by encouraging people to spend more KP. Sure, some people have ores stashed away, but that's still marginal compared to the number of people who will now purchase more ores. Even people who do have a lot of ores already may even buy more, because the larger the investment you can make, the huger the risk/reward.

I disagree with the server being "saturated" with upgraded gears. It's a very arbitrarily thrown term, and you seem to jump to the assumption that somewhere around +12 is the saturation point. The refine cap is +20, +12 does not even come close to that cap. I don't even think there's a single +20 item, even a lvl3 weapon. That is far from saturation. 

Agreed about the players wanting to +9 and +10 part, in an ideal world I would love to have this event with Enriched Hammer at the same time. This would make the whole journey to +12 a lot easier. If they at least implement Enriched right before this event starts, maybe some people will still manage to +10 and take advantage, although the trip to +10 will still cost the same.

Veterans buying kp with zeny is not really an issue, because in the end someone does buy that kp for them, still $$ for Warpportal. What difference does it make who buys it. A weaker argument can also be made about hoarders, as once they spend their stock, they are likely to, at a later date, once again replenish that stock of ores, hence result in more gain for warpportal.

I also don't see the problem with veteran players getting further ahead while newer players also being given a chance to progress. The progression is not at all linear, a veteran player will have to spend many, many times more time/money/zeny in order to get their current +13 to +14, while newer players will spend like 5% of that to get from +10 to +12, the benefits of which are twice that of the +13 to +14 upgrade.

Personally I have never agreed with timed events, if it were up to me we'd have enriched hammer and shadow refine and this active at all times to ensure equal opportunity for all. But that's not how economics works, so for the sake of generating better profits and perhaps for the sake of the market, that doesn't happen. That's something out of our control as players. Of course we would want it on at all times.

I'd like to think warpportal is benefiting from the event, primarily. Target audience, probably everyone looking for a +10~14 upgrade, maybe some ambitious ones who want to blow some money in high hopes. The consequences are that we actually get one step closer to that refine cap that has so far been unattainable, and people wouldn't even dream of it. Either way I don't think it will have a noticeable impact on server health.

#56 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:11 AM

M1rz4TD.png

#57 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:22 AM

M1rz4TD.png

ok this time i laughed

#58 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:25 AM

The true problem of this is that, like everything else we complain about, once it is added it can never be stopped in the future.

#59 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:27 AM

I don't mean to argue with you, as I agree, but we are talking about iRO which features a server that refuses to go past the year 2010.

Hell, there are people who want to regress even further than that.

The future doesn't look all that great, either. kRO only added 4 new cities and about a dozen field and dungeon maps for New World before going back to 1-99 content. Their excuse is to NOW add manhwa content in the game when that should've been done AGES ago (heaven forbid you connect the game back to the source material when the source material was still relevant).

#60 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

+15 for you

+15 for me

+15 for EVERYBODY!

Everything will going to be like more members on the guild = winner

#61 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Well whatever happens, happens. Like I said it will have very little effect on me, but hopefully the server health won't suffer.

#62 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:38 AM

This event will most likely spice up WoE. People have been constantly complaining about SC being too OP and here we go a golden chance has come to help noobs to take down SC. WoE has always been a one shoting or 2 seconds death festival. TT ranger's AS AoE wipe. Tao/Meg Sura's TC AoE wipe. Alting Mech's SD AoE wipe. SC's tankiness that tanks everything. All outside alt buffs from auto buffers. You name it. There is already no place for new comers to join WoE. I dont see how +14 or higher gears will make a big impact. It will just be instead of rekt to extra rekt with a side effect to auto d/c lmfao

If you really want to save WoE that badly, you can try to ban cheaters which seem to account for 90% of current WoEers but then you'll just instantly kill WoE lel Ok hold on, a more possible way is to remove MvPs and Gods altogether

Edit: But after all, this event doesnt benefit me in either way. My opinion is neutral. I use eden gears and they dont come with special refinement effects. So probably just going to get them to +14 just to look nice

If anything they should remove is WoE sets. I can tank up to 5+ of users with the WoE set and up to 15+ users if Inspiration'ed ie. no weakness masq. Just to see how OP a simple WoE set is lmfao OP defensive set needs OP gears to counter and currently +12 is not enough :3

Edited by ChakriGuard, 13 September 2016 - 12:35 PM.

#63 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:39 AM

There should of also been a event for those to get to +10.

This event only stands for the +xx gears and the +x ppl still has to go from there to +xx.

Thought i'd get items to +10 but seems like this event is to make the OP more OP.

+xx to +YY

Edited by leiand, 13 September 2016 - 12:03 PM.

#64 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:46 AM

Discussion Points:
What are your concerns after viewing the data? I intend to meet with the studio before the event goes live next week. Where I will ask the clear and concise concerns the community shares here.

Okay, since you asked, here's a serious question:

Is there any point for us to discuss anything and/or voice concerns on any of this? No seriously, is there?

I more or less stopped playing iRO besides the weekly WoE TEs after the unfrozen shadow set debacle, because that chain of events demonstrated wholesale that a considerable portion of the playerbase voicing legitimate concerns meant and did absolutely jack diddly squat. I am having tremendous doubts why I (or any of us) should be taking the time to think and care about iRO and voice any concerns when it's been proven it's just a waste of time.

Additionally, I am personally feeling absolutely no compulsion to spend any of my money to participate in this upgrade event; can even say I'm discouraged from spending money, the entire event stinks of the tell-tale signs of an imminently dying server. If this is a cash-grab event (which it probably is) then you guys are failing at even doing the basic cash-grab manuever. Why aren't you just selling cosmetic goods like the jRO class sprites or more stuff like costumes in the Kafra Shop? The vast majority of online games have demonstrated that cosmetics make stupid amounts of dough and maintain high playerbase satisfaction and morale. There are games that give me a true sense of satisfaction and pleasure from having spent some of my money on them, sad to say iRO is not one of them.

#65 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:57 AM

this event doesn't event matter. +9 woe equips w/ unfreezing shadow set is all good for SCs. Ups your equips and I'll strip your arse!  :p_devil:

Edited by Boyeteers, 13 September 2016 - 12:00 PM.

#66 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:08 PM

Okay, since you asked, here's a serious question:

Is there any point for us to discuss anything and/or voice concerns on any of this? No seriously, is there?

I more or less stopped playing iRO besides the weekly WoE TEs after the unfrozen shadow set debacle, because that chain of events demonstrated wholesale that a considerable portion of the playerbase voicing legitimate concerns meant and did absolutely jack diddly squat. I am having tremendous doubts why I (or any of us) should be taking the time to think and care about iRO and voice any concerns when it's been proven it's just a waste of time.

Additionally, I am personally feeling absolutely no compulsion to spend any of my money to participate in this upgrade event; can even say I'm discouraged from spending money, the entire event stinks of the tell-tale signs of an imminently dying server. If this is a cash-grab event (which it probably is) then you guys are failing at even doing the basic cash-grab manuever. Why aren't you just selling cosmetic goods like the jRO class sprites or more stuff like costumes in the Kafra Shop? The vast majority of online games have demonstrated that cosmetics make stupid amounts of dough and maintain high playerbase satisfaction and morale. There are games that give me a true sense of satisfaction and pleasure from having spent some of my money on them, sad to say iRO is not one of them.

I want to know player concerns so that I can bring them up to the studio. If some sections of the player base are discouraged by an event then they need to know that and why. So that future events and content can take that into consideration. Were definitely going to be talking to the studio about player reaction before, during, and after this event.

Warlockfier's concern about the ability of new players to compete is a good example.

The fact that the event is not raising the rates for normal refines and doesn't have a good benefit for < 10 items is another.

These are all concerns I want quotes from players for so that we can present to the studio feedback.

#67 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:11 PM

K, so basically, ur doing the event, and then u want to monitor it before during and after, and just like with previous bad events, after the damage is done and can't be reversed, u guys can say woops won't do that again? Lol

Edited by Spoon, 13 September 2016 - 12:19 PM.

#68 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:20 PM

This event will most likely spice up WoE. People have been constantly complaining about SC being too OP and here we go a golden chance has come to help noobs to take down SC. WoE has always been a one shoting or 2 seconds death festival. TT ranger's AS AoE wipe. Tao/Meg Sura's TC AoE wipe. Alting Mech's SD AoE wipe. SC's tankiness that tanks everything. All outside alt buffs from auto buffers. You name it. There is already no place for new comers to join WoE. I dont see how +14 or higher gears will make a big impact. It will just be instead of rekt to extra rekt with a side effect to auto d/c lmfao

If you really want to save WoE that badly, you can try to ban cheaters which seem to account for 90% of current WoEers but then you'll just instantly kill WoE lel Ok hold on, a more possible way is to remove MvPs and Gods altogether :p_idea: :p_hi:

I hear everyone dies now with Axe boomerang, must be fun to see.

#69 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:21 PM

I want to know player concerns so that I can bring them up to the studio. If some sections of the player base are discouraged by an event then they need to know that and why. So that future events and content can take that into consideration. Were definitely going to be talking to the studio about player reaction before, during, and after this event.

I do honestly appreciate that you at least want to know about our concerns and feedback, but does kRO actually care about any of them? That's what really matters, unfortunately.

Sadly, the impression I got from the unfrozen shadow set debacle and ever since is that kRO simply does not care. I'm not necessarily going to blame you since kRO has iRO on an extremely short leash and I am not completely aware of all the backstage circumstances you are in, but player morale is clearly at an all-time low and you guys need to take that seriously.

In addition, you mentioned "So that future events and content can take that into consideration.", that already implies any of our concerns for this event will not be acknowledged by kRO... not something that reassures I didn't just waste my time writing out any of this.

Edited by kingarthur6687, 13 September 2016 - 12:23 PM.

#70 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:21 PM

Warlockfier's concern about the ability of new players to compete is a good example.

The fact that the event is not raising the rates for normal refines and doesn't have a good benefit for < 10 items is another.

These are all concerns I want quotes from players for so that we can present to the studio feedback.

I legitimately want to tell you how I do care about the game and am on the look out for it's longetivity and business standpoint, but to a certain extend had to stop caring so I'd get less frustrated with the game management.

Toxn and I run one of the most successful PVM guild, with an average of 20-38+ players online on a daily basis actively playing. They don't just log on twice a week for woe, and log off for the rest of the week thing. We could have even more than that but cap it so we can focus on taking care of the current members better. We wish there was more PVM guilds out there to help take care of new players and help them progress in the game too.

I have tried to reach out to as many people as possible gauging what kept them away from woe/ pvm competitive scenes. We take a big dive into these concerns and try to amend them from a guild leader stand point. We were able to rake up to 15-20 (if not more, due to many that left) members that never took part in TE before and now they are into it. But regular WOE still deters them due to the high entry barriers and also the time wasn't good for them. WOE TE was still bearable for many to take part due to it being more balanced, and not as hard and wallet breaking to get into.

I have spent more money in this game at the start of my gaming with RO than I have at the end of it now that I am sitting on the somewhat 'veteran' end. Thus why I say, focus on getting new players and monetize from them. Pretty sure you guys made more money off Classic at it's start than towards it's end.

Fast cash grab isn't going to save the server's longevity.

Edited by WarlockFier, 13 September 2016 - 12:26 PM.

#71 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:22 PM

Soooo, what you're saying is "It's happening, feel free to keep bitching, tho!"

#72 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:32 PM

I hear everyone dies now with Axe boomerang, must be fun to see.

That thing hit me 1/2 of my HP last WoE 2 which was very impressive but I had no reduction ie everyone knows what gears I carry in WoE. I was not on inspiration however. But I heard that new build, very interesting ^_^

Edited by ChakriGuard, 13 September 2016 - 12:32 PM.

#73 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:33 PM

There is a lot of opportunities for a warlock, even without the usage of a FBH. Well beyond the mentality of being a stasis slave too. Unfortunately you do suffer from being more of a glass cannon, while already being a squishy class in the first place. While the class is still great without the use of MVPs, it definitely is still overshadowed. Still, a Warlock is a good class to always have in WoE.

Fortunately, I agree with you... you can't do significant damage as a Warlock without FBH, though. XD

not hoarding saving for when i was going to try and +20 a lvl 4 weapon years before i even heard of a event like this. Already opend up on my account so they cant be traded nor sold. So instead of upgrading my gears. Ill upgrade other people gears. thats about it.

Sorry, maybe the problem was my lack of english knowledge. I though that saving high amounts of something for a long time, no matter how or if you would use it later, was the meaning of hoarding.

I don't mean to argue with you, as I agree, but we are talking about iRO which features a server that refuses to go past the year 2010.

Hell, there are people who want to regress even further than that.

Unfortunately, I cannot disagree with this too. :(

M1rz4TD.png

Sorry, guys, but I can't keep silent any longer. I agree that there's a lack of effort from WP to advertise or try to bring new players all along, but you seem to believe that just advertising the game would bring a horde of new players, and that those players would stay for a long time by a simple market action... I mean... come on, it's 2016 already, and practically everybody in the world knows this game exists. Of course a lot of old players would come back, but many of them would quit within a month or 2. I also agree that events like this that contribute to increase the gap between veterans and newcomers also contribute to make newer players want to leave, but again, denying stuff that would contribute to CLOSE the gap - which could potentially increase the number of newcomers that keep playing - also have this effect.

Getting new players is something hard, that takes a lot of effort. Keeping them - which is what really matters - is even harder. I understand the frustration, and I think that something could be done for this end, but I also think you have been overestimating the possibilities of these actions. Like it or not, hammer events is something that most newcomers appreciate, but veterans want to keep it at a minimum... go figure... I came to the server with 19 other people, 18 of them have quit the game. All of them were old timers from other servers, most of them thought they would never be competitive, so they got discouraged to keep playing. A few of them quit for other reasons. Maybe even I lost my thought-train... XD But what I wanted to say is that even if they did a better job at getting more players, it would be difficult to keep them without p2w events, and if p2w events make veterans want to quit, we have a dilemma. I don't know if adding this kind of pressure to the CMs will do any good for the game... well... just my opinion.

#74 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:37 PM

I kinda have logic/IQ issues but this means current high upgraded items would significantly devalue right (+12-+14s)?

#75 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:37 PM

I do honestly appreciate that you at least want to know about our concerns and feedback, but does kRO actually care about any of them? That's what really matters, unfortunately.

Sadly, the impression I got from the unfrozen shadow set debacle and ever since is that kRO simply does not care. I'm not necessarily going to blame you since kRO has iRO on an extremely short leash and I am not completely aware of all the backstage circumstances you are in, but player morale is clearly at an all-time low and you guys need to take that seriously.

In addition, you mentioned "So that future events and content can take that into consideration.", that already implies any of our concerns for this event will not be acknowledged by kRO... not something that reassures I didn't just waste my time writing out any of this.

kRO does care. The new studio director has stated that he wants feedback from our version (Were still waiting on the translation for the interview video), and he is willing to work with us to improve iRO and address many of the systems that need attention. Part of this push is catching us up in terms of contents and event so we are working from the same baseline.

Proof of their commitment to this process will be arriving starting late this month or early next month. So please keep an eye on the forums because the moment we have the cards/dungeons/updates we will be putting them on Sakray for testing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users