suggestion: adding elements to dungeon specific weapons? - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

suggestion: adding elements to dungeon specific weapons?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:15 PM

this is just a suggestion, but would it be possible to add elemental damage to dungeon specific weapons like aram , magma etc?

as they are they now, they allready look like they are made from a specific element and quite nice visually and yet people ignore making them because pve and pvp-vise lvl 40 elemental weapon beats both of them in dmg.

ofc they would only have their own specific element so lvl 40 weapons would still be useful for people who want a different element.

water weapon- ice

magma weapon- fire

aram weapon- earth

bone weapon-dark 

i think that could also make all those magma hearts and aram eyes sell a little better.

#2 EdoMadara

EdoMadara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:36 PM

I want to officially + your suggestion and ALSO ask for the element ORBS that go around a player when an element is socketed  to  an item , armor or weapon be RETURNED back to  their original place of effect.

ever since they were removed the elements seemed to lose its intended impact on the player ( i want to be able to look at my character AGAIN with FIRE ORBS swirling around him and my weapon and think to myself yes now your complete) :p_sad:   

I'm a Fire wielding Samurai that somehow has lost his Fire.......<<<<not supposed to be possible

Edit: Or!!! use this idea~ you know the bone dragon armor, you see how the gloves and the shoulders give off that DARK AURA?

and do you guys remember the Graphical effects of Fever for savages and also the Harmony Graphical effects of pairing skills with the twin class?

you guys could incorporate those effects as the new Elemental Graphical effects @@ o0 i know you can see it ....just try to visualise it on your OWN personal favorite class .....now tell me that don't look EPIC ...YOU CANT HAHAHA! :heh:  :rice:  :p_idea:  :p_hi:

Edited by EdoMadara, 14 September 2016 - 02:09 PM.

#3 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:41 PM

I want to officially + your suggestion and ALSO ask for the element ORBS that go around a player when an element is socketed  to  an item , armor or weapon be RETURNED back to  their original place of effect.

ever since they were removed the elements seemed to lose its intended impact on the player ( i want to be able to look at my character AGAIN with FIRE ORBS swirling around him and my weapon and think to myself yes now your complete) :p_sad:   

I'm a Fire wielding Samurai that somehow has lost his Fire.......<<<<not supposed to be possible

hahah yeah I miss those too, but I understand they must've removed because in a large party of people it was probably graphically heavy and caused lag.

#4 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 15 September 2016 - 11:01 AM

The idea itself is not bad, design-wise. But it has a bad side effect.

If we would put Natur Damage Rate stat on the Aram weapon, the aram weapon would become the only usable weapon until Lv. 70. This is because the bone weapon would get Dark Element Attack stats, which is not wanted because almost all the monsters in the higher levels have Dark Element Resistance.

Plus, if we give specific element attacks in specific level ranges the assignment of the element points and the particular element build would not be individual anymore.

You can expect that the following happens, since we know that people always focus on doing the most possible damage:

Everyone will get the aram weapon with nature stats and everyone will set most or all of their element points to the nature element, because it is guaranteed to have the most possible damage output by using this combination. This would scrap the original idea to have the players decide how they build their characters element wise. We would finally have only nature-element-zombies and all other elements could be removed.

#5 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 15 September 2016 - 11:25 AM

I mean another option is to make 4 new element based versions of another weapon to act as an inbetween of Level 40 Element and level 77 Elemental BDL.

#6 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 15 September 2016 - 11:26 AM

I honestly think the Bone Dragon Weapon would be a nice candidate for such change. It needs a boost and it must become more attractive.

#7 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 15 September 2016 - 12:20 PM

I honestly think the Bone Dragon Weapon would be a nice candidate for such change. It needs a boost and it must become more attractive.

Good choice;
-Level 60 so a nice level between 40-77.
-Aside from the complicated prerequisite for its recipe quest (Level 63? Finish the first BD recipe quest) Not too much effort to make.
-Can incorporate Advanced or Legendary bless as Hero mode is open for element dungeon.

#8 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:22 PM

If the element dmg is of the same potency on these as on elga weps it wouldn't cause the aforementioned trouble trouble. I mean 1 low grade card does more.

#9 Renan003

Renan003

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:42 AM

I agree on making the Bone Dragon an elemental weapon. I personally never saw anyone using it, since people use Aram when reach lvl 55 and jump straight to Oak on lvl 65 or to Zauharant on lvl 70. It deserves more love.

#10 HakannBlast

HakannBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 12:55 PM

What if for pvp only give all character a base elemental resist based on the class  ?

for exemple sentinel coud be nature overlord dark invoker fire etc...

this would allow us to build bonus damage or more defencive itens  vs  certain classes making useless elements like fire or water more desirable 

#11 EdoMadara

EdoMadara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:18 PM

ok i have one big idea brace yourself:

Ice weapon: element atk affects ice will make you slow in atk speed and move speed or cast freeze stops enemy cold in his/her tracks for a set amount of secants

Dark weapon: will cast curse lowers def 30% for set amount of time or cast  bleed lv 3  when you hit the targeted enemy

nature weapon:petrify pve and pvp and or cast a random low lv3 regain on yourself when a hit connects to an enemy

Fire weapon: Burn~ in pvp or pve a target is severely burned lv3 if hit by a fire element weapon or all attacks, dash and jump are blocked for a set amount of time

Sooooo let the comments, suggestions and critiques begin :rice:  :p_idea:  :p_hi:  :thx:  for reading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users