An Alternative to the Breeze Run Coin Package Contents - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

An Alternative to the Breeze Run Coin Package Contents

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IsThisKrustyKrab

IsThisKrustyKrab

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:59 PM

Hello, everyone. I am here to make yet another serious suggestion, this time in regards to a pasttime that I used to do: the Breeze Run.

tl;dr Please put in Silver Coins as a possible reward for the Coin Packages. It doesn't have to be a lot. It would make more sense that way.

Long story, I'd be bringing a bit of a history here regarding Breeze Run, my perspective of it, and a detail of my proposal. Bear with me, because there will be a bit of a bad blood.

Once upon a time, Breeze Run was a minigame which was quite profitable to the participants who could finish it in time. A successful run could give you a Coin Package, and in these packages you could get a Gada Coin or a W-coin. Despite being a niche, it remained quite active that way. All of it changed a bit when in November 2015, the W-coin reward was swapped with an EXP Potion. Some participants, me included, reacted negatively to this new change, to the point where it culminated to a specific post, in which a player (who was a friend of mine) requested for a different answer and to change it back to when it was before the change. This gained the ire of some forumers, and a heated debate ensued. Breeze run is still a fun pasttime to do every once in a while, but most of the old players, the ones who knew the Run from before, participated little to not at all.

Link to the post, to get a little perspective: https://forums.warpp...without-notice/

I was also one of the players who were angered with the change, not because they did it, but because they did it without notice. It still mattered to me a little when they changed the rewards. I don't use EXP Potions that often, and thus such a reward would be of little use to me compared to Gada Coins. Some of the people I've known who raced that time were only disappointed when I talk about it because "There's no W-coins so what's the point", though some still do it for the medal and the Hermes set farm. However, when W-Coins were removed, that's when I started to appreciate how fun it is to do it, and also made me realize that Breeze Run is a viable way to farm Gada Coins without having to go to battle and do a Monster Count run. And now that they have made W-coins accessible to F2P players using Silver Coins, getting them is no longer a case of "it's only accessible for niche players". Though Silvers, while it has a decent chance to drop, is only obtainable via actively battling, not just actively playing. So I would like to suggest that the devs put Silver Coins as a reward in those Coin Packages, along with Gada Coins and EXP Potions.

The amount doesn't have to be a lot to replace battling as the main way to get them, but just enough amount that incentivizes old players to try the minigame, and reward newer Breeze Runners ever further. And by "enough", I meant the same Gada Coin amounts: 1 for a single coin, 5 for a package. This gives a player the benefit of farming Silvers without having to actually fight monsters. This allows them to get Silvers by "actively playing", not just "actively battling". It doesn't replace battling as a main source of Silvers, either, because 1) you'd still be getting Gadas and EXP Potions, and 2) it's only open at certain times of the day. Plus, Silvers have more use to players than W-Coins, so they can have a wider range of choices of rewards in playing Breeze Run than just "a coin for farming sets or a coin for getting costumes". I want to go back to the "old rewards" as much as the next guy, but I know that we have to move on, however let's at least make a compromise between the "old ways" and the "new ways" of doing things.

I'd understand if there would be a bit of a negative reaction upon reading my suggestion, considering its history, though I just have to at least try to suggest it. As always, discussions are welcome, and thanks for giving me your time to at least read it and give your thoughts about it.

Edited by IsThisKrustyKrab, 14 September 2016 - 03:01 PM.

#2 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:42 PM

Ohh I remember that thread lol, that whole thing made me realise how little people know about race. There was one cheater that should have gotten banned with one screen shot showing an impossibly fast time, yet that continued for a month or 2. Well, let's not get into that :P

Silver coin from a "coin package" does make sense, would make those boxes abit more interesting but not too powerful, in fact it doesn't have to buff the package at all. So I'm for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users