Dragoon and Ninja Block Rate% problems - Page 2 - Class Discussion - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Dragoon and Ninja Block Rate% problems

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:46 AM

Again these caps have been here since chain combos why not block rate/damage? Funny you should ask this another time
, cause they don't scale with the 4 basic stat's.
They won't have the same potential, they'd have to sacrifice a significant amount of sockets to achieve what a end game player can achieve. the impact would be less mage/summoner.
I would also appreciate it if you stayed out of my business, plus spoon-feeding stats mainly cause of level isn't exactly hard but what can i expect from this community. Player's should work for these stats like increasing there shield mastery / katar blocking passives.

Talking about community, I just gave some suggestions on how could this be fixed and you keep trying to take down every single words I write

So yeah, you are right that block rate and damage block scale don't scale with the 4 stats. Because it litteraly scales with NOTHING.
The only items that give block rate are shields, so dragoon is the only class that currently use the blocking system. Even the skills don't have an use because there is no base block rate and damage block.

We could just give a flat value that is given at level one, but this will either be too low to even being considered as useful or too big and will work just as a damage dropper and will make a big harm into low level PvP.

As a side note, you keep making wrong ideas of what I proposed.
I proposed to make base values that scales with level, but not a single time I said that it will be enough to block 99 % of the time nor that it will make the current blocking skills obsolete.

I don't even know why people write on the forums if they don't want to read answers they don't expect. Your first posts contain wrong or missing informations and it shows pretty much that you didn't look closely at how the blocking stat works and have no idea on what you are talking about.

#27 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:58 AM

Talking about community, I just gave some suggestions on how could this be fixed and you keep trying to take down every single words I write

I expect a solid argument or some suggestion that have an underlying goal of wanting to stack critdmg and hp as opposed to actually using the cards to increase block rate (and damage.)

As a side note, you keep making wrong ideas of what I proposed.

Well you weren't 100% sure about them anyways, were poorly written, weren't explicit, or weren't editted to fix the misleading idea's. 

I proposed to make base values that scales with level, but not a single time I said that it will be enough to block 99 % of the time nor that it will make the current blocking skills obsolete.

I never opposed it i simply mentioned having these scale with a base will simply open up the other sockets while maintaining a fairly high (better than right now) block rate to defense based classes, and tbh i don't want another dragoonsaga episode.

I don't even know why people write on the forums if they don't want to read answers they don't expect. Your first posts contain wrong or missing informations and it shows pretty much that you didn't look closely at how the blocking stat works and have no idea on what you are talking about.

Everything is an argument, people just posting not looking for an argument is counter intuitive in this topic. Can you point out the wrong information on the first post? If it wasn't implied in the images that blockrate doesn't work cause no class has base block rate, then I'm pretty sure you misread it.

Edited by Apocryphos, 21 September 2016 - 12:00 PM.

#28 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:44 PM

Can you point out the wrong information on the first post? If it wasn't implied in the images that blockrate doesn't work cause no class has base block rate, then I'm pretty sure you misread it.

So I read the second post and thought it was linked with what have been stated on the first one. You got me on that, I apologize.

However, I still think that making a block rate/damage that is scaling your character's level isn't a bad idea since the staff team can change the values in case the blocking system becomes stronger than expected.

And of course, there is also the possibility to put some actual limits, just like the current critical system. (Like 20 % chance to block 40 % of the damage)

#29 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:58 PM

Cards have been changed recently so cards can be changed rather quickly as well. Maybe readjusting skill level requirements for shield mastery, parry and katar blocking would also provide as caps for lower levels. Seeing as this is possible.
But yes a hard cap like CR and CD would be ideal if they changed all the cards/sockets to final block success rate (and block damage). that being the case the skills that would need changing are shield mastery, parry and katar blocking to include a significant amount of block damage and final block rate %. 10/10 should give 50% block damage totally to a max of approximately 80% block damage @ higher levels, should the mastery levels be readjusted, and block rate capped at 50%. well all of this is subjective anyways.

#30 ross13

ross13

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:38 AM

this discussion is slowly shifting from the main problem due these caps and cards capping..while the main issue remains unsolved,, i saw one staff member reply but his reply was not related to the block but the capping...i wanna know if devs will fix block rate and damage at all. or has it been fixed already. ever since they put caps on stats other classes haved diminished significantly and stats such as aim and evade and final eva have become useless. im an overlord and i dont even have a lot of agility yet im able to cap my eva which i find funny since i also dont have a lot of aim yet i hit any agi character thats stacked easily. so whats the point now of having the eva and aim stats especially in endgame stuff like POS set for thief and archer classes or like mentioned above block rate and damage for pally end game gear. might as well rework those POS sets to just add crit damage and movespeed since nowadays thats all that matters as well as attack speed. everyone had variability way back then but now is the epitome of cookie cutter guilds where everyone just stack 3 stats and the rest elements no more aim eva and block.

#31 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:05 AM

Devs probably removed and reworked evade, aim, and block because they were too op and game breaking. Now we want it back in cause they are practically useless. Dev probably thinks that we have bipolar issues with this to either have it or not even though most players can agree here was to just find a fair sweet spot that requires some time through trials.

#32 HakannBlast

HakannBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:33 PM

Devs probably removed and reworked evade, aim, and block because they were too op and game breaking. Now we want it back in cause they are practically useless. 

good thing they gather all the bad stats in the game and created the  Dragoon pos set :Emo_12:

serious though why savage and ninja  got better tank stats them dragoon on the pos set :Emo_18: arent they meant to fragile 

Edited by HakannBlast, 26 October 2016 - 01:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users