#1 Ralfi

Ralfi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:12 AM

So im looking for a 3rd WoE with no Gods or Mvps. I know we have had this talk before and i was pretty surprised that it dropped off the face of the earth. Im sure a majority of classic enjoyed this nostalgia of woe. We have had it in event weeks, but is it possible at all to have a 3rd WoE implemented permanently? The community can discuss the castles/treasures that would be used/obtained. Im more interested in the fight. Need the communities help with this and support for interested people.

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:22 AM

Before you take this as trolling consider the following:

• participation was low
  • testing wasn't actually used as testing and very bad exploits were discovered that nobody cared to report, but certainly whined about 2 months later.
  • WoE redux and some items would need to be re-balanced (LFH adds more to critical damage than a meg, FYI!)
  • Our current WoE needs attention.
  • The fact we were promised a shot at testing no alliance WoE and they never followed through.

If anyone cared it would have

- been chased up by the community sooner

- been followed through by the staff

Clearly neither party cares, thus the video.

Edited by Xellie, 20 September 2016 - 03:26 AM.

#3 Ralfi

Ralfi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 04:48 AM

lol looks like we got some starter support. Good to know!
Ill reply in a few hours after work ^_^

Edited by Ralfi, 20 September 2016 - 04:55 AM.

#4 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 September 2016 - 05:00 AM

I think even without godly items, the game has come to a point where its new gears, thru insane levels of upgrades, render these godlies not as necessary as it used to be for one to be OP in WoE. I mean, you can take away the godlies from WoE but people will still one-shot you just the same.

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:16 AM

Wonder when all the renewal only topics are gonna get relegated to their secret sections 4 subforums deep and out of sight and mind :3

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just would like to see them fixing things / actually doing things - but all I see is a pile of broken promises. This among them.

It certainly has promise but a lot needs to be smoothed out first.

#6 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:48 AM

Damn, always forgetting that most, if not all, controversial stuff implemented/to be implemented in RENEWAL are absent in CLASSIC. 

#7 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:57 AM

I like the idea of the 1 hour woe with no gods/mvps. I think it would be good overall. That's just my opinion though

#8 KingOfJokerz

KingOfJokerz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:20 AM

• participation was low

So... This is a troll? Certain players encouraged people not to participate.

Perhaps we should let the people who actually participated speak on the matter.

No God/MvP sounds fantastic.

#9 zgok

zgok

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:32 AM

Disable hotkeys too, I want people to click on skills like a true pro

#10 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:37 AM

Disable hotkeys too, I want people to click on skills like a true pro

^

And double click on pots too. And oh bwings for those who hotkey them on WoE. XD

Edited by teresias, 20 September 2016 - 07:39 AM.

#11 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:03 AM

I'll be real with all of you. After spending some time on renewal this is what I have learned about classic's community. You guys treat eachother horribly and your all apart of it. nothing is ever accomplished here and part of the problem is staff, while the other part of the problem is the fact that everyone trolls the -_- out of everyone else. the staff doesn't get the trolling and I've contributed to the trolling (not saying I'm innocent).

Classic could improve so much if you all just treated eachother with some sort of basic level of respect.

#12 bloodsinarmy

bloodsinarmy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:20 AM

speak for yourself

+1 for no god/mvp woe

Edited by bloodsinarmy, 20 September 2016 - 08:20 AM.

#13 Ralfi

Ralfi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:56 AM

• participation was low

There could have been more participation but its obvious that is due to population and some that were protesting not to play without the gods/mvps. But there were still a decent amount of folks who attended and enjoyed
  • testing wasn't actually used as testing and very bad exploits were discovered that nobody cared to report, but certainly whined about 2 months later.

This is good intel. We have bugs/exploits that are known of and since they are known now after the event woe. We can possibly fix this for this 3rd woe proposal with the help of the gm team of course.
  • WoE redux and some items would need to be re-balanced (LFH adds more to critical damage than a meg, FYI!)

I must get one of these then. Yes there already are items and will be OP items. So work as team to take out the players using such maybe? Fiber them kill em from a distances? All classes have there pros and cons. Champs with emh and such. I think itll be enough to work around the gods and mvps. The equipment could be delt with. Could even disable gr/dr/mp for even more fair gameplay for newbies.
  • Our current WoE needs attention.

Our current woe need population. How else can we attract new players into a god/mvp woe server? Maybe allow a woe where they can have a chance to be successful and work there way up rather then them being tempted to rmt or pay2win.
  • The fact we were promised a shot at testing no alliance WoE and they never followed through.

Has nothing to do with what we are talking about but that could be implemented into this woe as well if they dont choose to do it to the current woes
If anyone cared it would have
- been chased up by the community sooner
- been followed through by the staff

These are just my opinions and intrests in at least attempting to keep classic alive or bring more population in at least. If anyone is here to troll you probably dont care about the server issues and can comment elsewhere. If we can work togeather we can get something going.

Edited by Ralfi, 20 September 2016 - 08:59 AM.

#14 Ralfi

Ralfi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:58 AM

I'll be real with all of you. After spending some time on renewal this is what I have learned about classic's community. You guys treat eachother horribly and your all apart of it. nothing is ever accomplished here and part of the problem is staff, while the other part of the problem is the fact that everyone trolls the -_- out of everyone else. the staff doesn't get the trolling and I've contributed to the trolling (not saying I'm innocent).

Classic could improve so much if you all just treated eachother with some sort of basic level of respect.

This ^

#15 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:08 AM

move no gods/no mvps to woe1, +1 guild participating wham bam thank you ma'am (said jokingly, meant seriously. we show up to woe1 all the time)

saturday is for anime video games, sunday is for existing irl ain't got time to warp around to flag 8279874-198729189832 to defend a rock that isn't yellow!!!

#16 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:30 AM

That's rich coming from a toxic player who trades people in woe

Never said I was innocent in the trolling of forums. I've done more then my share. However, stepping back from classic and diving into the renewal community, there are some big differences. overall they are more welcoming and less hate. Classic could use these characteristics for their community. That's all.

I will admit that I've made misclicks in my life and usually it results in me running off of ME then dying (sometimes). While trying to BB dance I'm sure I've accidentally right clicked people once or twice and hit the wrong option while trying to dance my BB. Accidents happen. /nt exists for a reasons, if your concerned about people misclicking then I'd reccomend trying it. I have hundreds of videos on YouTube and People have accidentally dealt me plenty of times. If you watch any of the videos it's very rare that I make those types of misclick, but it does happen especially while trying to dance BB. Honest mistake and it's not like I was cheating or anything. I would label cheaters and those who support cheaters as "toxic", NOT people who accidentally misclick. There is a big difference between being a blatant cheating douche and somebody making a mistake while trying to move 1 cell per BB and spam BB 3 times per second and right clicking to rotate the screen for a better view of targets. Let's keep the "toxic" and harsh labeling to people who are intentionally trying to ruin woe by cheating. Thanks bro!

But back to topic. 3rd woe would be beneficial for the server. However, the most beneficial thing the server could ever have is a change in the way the community treats one another.

Edited by Undying, 20 September 2016 - 09:34 AM.

#17 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:17 AM

So... This is a troll? Certain players encouraged people not to participate.

Perhaps we should let the people who actually participated speak on the matter.

No God/MvP sounds fantastic.

Let me drop a couple of truth bombs on you, buddy. But first, let me thank you for streaming... more people need to do that.  I'm glad you have taken up the cause. I can't stream sundays anymore due to not taking part, but why? we will see.

I didn't encourage people "not to take part" - my guild had decided on taking a break before the thing was announced. We had good reason. We stopped WoEing before the event and there was no way on the planet were we changing our plans. It was supposed to be 2 weeks off.

However, with the introduction of the no god/no mvp WoE it was timed actually a day after a conversation between myself and campitor in PM regarding WoE during which I stated my intention to stop taking part on Sunday due to the problems on the server.

Now I am not saying they put in those event WoEs as a response to that intention, but we realized it may look like we were bitching out of WoE because of said WoEs.

We changed our plans to continue fixing up our guild until after anime expo (since we were going to miss it anyway) as we had no need to defend or create any econs because of the event. My tickets (along with 10 other guildmembers) were booked, and we were NOT cancelling our plans to meet up and get drunk because of some silly RO event.

That said, when I polled my guildmembers about wanting to take part in the one week, most deemed it a waste of time/supplies. I went along on the crappily geared guild scholar and tanked the enemy alliance for about 20 mins with no real goals. It was silly.

So please take back your accusation.

What he said. Classic community is a giant pile of donkey turds. The reason I wouldn't want to take part in a third WoE is not only would it only amplify the current problems that are present in WoE (regarding broken mechanics/cheating) but there comes a point when you realize some people are only playing because of who their opposition are, not to achieve anything in WoE. They devote every partyname to making little personal shots on other players, they follow people around, make insulting pet names and talk so much trash - even when their side streams you see the only words exchanged in guildchat are about the people on the other side, not about the game.  (again, these are the same people that have caused problems on the forums, ingame repeatedly and even gone as far as to ddos the other side)

Complaining for 20 mins about being accidentally dealt once is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen. My people in guild complain a lot about things, but never anything like that. I admit they sometimes lack judgement on what is/isn't cheating (that's why videos are so important for reviewing) -  but they don't go around submitting falsified reports because they know someone is in a similar named guild, or may have accidentally dealt someone. Even more so when it comes from the same group of people that think Edan and speedup are funny.

So, third WoE?

It's a great idea, if they resolve the issues that come with it, such as the exploit that was discovered. (does this not concern any of you? How is it that in a month of testing only the people who "didn't take part" discovered the bug?)

It would also do well to catering to the people who care more about who they are fighting than what they are fighting for.

I'd enjoy such a thing too. I'd like to see a battlegrounds or something working first. I'd like to see "real" WoE fixed first.

But unless something seriously changes, I don't wanna really play with the people Undying spoke about anymore than I already have to. I am may be a bit of a troll, but at least I keep it to "ur bad and 3 lazy 2 make gawdz". Game things.

Edited by Xellie, 20 September 2016 - 11:35 AM.

#18 zgok

zgok

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:36 AM

*tells the whole server*
Guy: I want to GvG!
*goes to woe 2*
Guy: Zerg them zerg them zerg them! Rush rush rush rush rush!
*goes to forums*
Guy: man this server is boring

Make up your damn mind

#19 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:46 AM

If people want to gvg, there's the event rooms for that. Campitor is kind enough to set the rooms up for event organizers in such a way they have no gods/no mvps.

If 2 guilds want to gvg eachother without those things, why not do that? When I watched the no god/np mvp WoEs and they people participating I see 2 guilds max, 3 if people from from off server.

I personally wouldn't lead VH for a third WoE, two WoEs were demanding enough as a leader (and the supplies oh god the supplies). idk if anyone else would wanna take on the responsibility.  Something else to keep in mind. Would a third WoE impact the current WoEs?

Edited by Xellie, 20 September 2016 - 11:46 AM.

#20 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:02 PM

Derail

Hey there! Please wait for your actual posting account's probation to expire before continuing to post.

#21 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 02:14 PM

Hey there! Please wait for your actual posting account's probation to expire before continuing to post.

Hey there! No derailing the topic allowed.

I think the current issues with WoE should be addressed/fixed first. 

#22 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 20 September 2016 - 02:19 PM

Things just went from 0-100 real quick :o

#23 Jolen

Jolen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Server:iRO

Posted 20 September 2016 - 04:13 PM

The server wont change becase the main players that currently play the server dont want to change ontop of the oblivious staff. The community is just a bunch of carebears who refuse to accept the fact its not 2008. Just wipe the server and relaunch it since classic at this point is just a waste of time. Its not fun at all especially with the server being dumbed down to 2 sides. Every attempt to bring life to the server has been shot down either by the players themselves or the staff. When a server gets to the point that the players are making more attempts to fix it than the staff is its a clear sign that classic isnt worth -_- until the staff actually pulls their head out of their asses.

As for a no god/no mvp-mini woe I think that would be alot of fun.

Edited by Jolen, 20 September 2016 - 04:14 PM.

#24 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 September 2016 - 04:51 PM

Ya it'll be fun

until someone walks in with 700 str.

#25 salvione

salvione

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 05:18 PM

Ya it'll be fun

until someone walks in with 700 str.

Then we'll be having fun sending tickets!!!

But yea +1 to no god/mvp woe, might be trying new classes just for this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users