Why am i not allowed to discus client edits - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why am i not allowed to discus client edits

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#1 WhiteWizard0

WhiteWizard0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:05 AM

So i sent pm to Oda/Campitor provide me with a response to my locked post https://forums.warpp...9-client-edits/

They have conveniently ignored it for past 3 days.

Hence i would like to draw community attention to this important issue.

Why am i not able to gain any information on client edits from any legal sources. More importantly why am i not even allowed to discuss this on forums.

Instead of locking this post again first answer this issues and justify them.

Why should i have a super laggy client during woe and other elite players enjoy super smooth clients. How is it fair in anyway?

Or was this game designed by you for some select elite players only or only folks who are good with grf edits?

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:37 AM

long answer:

Because some edits don't provide an advantage and the GM team can't detect them, but in learning how to edit the client people are shown how to do edits that provide an advantage.

short answer:

cuz lol at people who want to play legitly and the staff are too lazy/not allowed to provide sanctioned packs with edits in.

#3 WhiteWizard0

WhiteWizard0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:55 AM

The following are the client edits and third party programs that the GM team is currently not suspending for. What this means if they are not going to ban you if you use it. We do not recommend that you ever edit your client. This can result in game client instability and we cannot assist you if you do so. You may need to reinstall the game to make the client playable again.

• Graphical Edits that help with the display of skill outlines
Ex Gutter Lines, Over Lays that show skill splash Zone
  • Graphical Edits that are purely Cosmetic in Nature
Ex. Big Card Edits (Please note replacing monster or player sprites can be viewed as giving players an unfair advantage and may result in account suspension)
  • Informational Client Edits that help with tracking buff timers
  • Creation of Mini Map files for maps that do not have them.
  • Certain Edits that help with client performance

Ex. Remove Shake, Remove Hallucination

• Removal of Camera Restrictions on Maps
  • Use of Keyboard/AHK Macros that Do Not Automate Play

If something is missing from this list then it means that it is not allowed. Do not push the grey areas on client edits as we will suspend without warning.

If you believe that something should be allowed please let Oda know and we will consider it.

Do not share or discuss how to edit clients on the forums. If we see this being discussed we will remove the posts/thread as appropriate.

Why do u not respond to pms or my thread????

Where can i get the legal edits? If something is legal provide a means to download it? Why do u want us to visit third party websites to download these said edits?

Instead have a forums post allowing to download all the legal edits

long answer:

Because some edits don't provide an advantage and the GM team can't detect them, but in learning how to edit the client people are shown how to do edits that provide an advantage.

short answer:

cuz lol at people who want to play legitly and the staff are too lazy/not allowed to provide sanctioned packs with edits in.

Well staff is insanely lazy, they dont even bother to respond to pms for over 3-4 days 

#4 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:59 AM

Yes, going to a third party site is worse because who knows what else you might find or catch.

But the staff tend not to answer PMs over the weekend and until tues. Even if its reports of someone using a gamebreaking exploit and causing entire groups to quit.

#5 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:19 AM

Why do u not respond to pms or my thread????

Where can i get the legal edits? If something is legal provide a means to download it? Why do u want us to visit third party websites to download these said edits?

Instead have a forums post allowing to download all the legal edits

Well staff is insanely lazy, they dont even bother to respond to pms for over 3-4 days 

Please don't confuse legal with not illegal.

What you're asking WP is to publicly acknowledge and, by allowing a forum post, support the existence of a game editing program on an official game forum.

#6 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:06 AM

How bout playthings game with no edits at all. Or is that just to difficult for u to do?

#7 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:14 AM

I honestly think edits are all bad if not everyone has them.

note tho: I editted storm gust/Meteor storm and LOV to be easier to see through for stream and video purposes. I wish mini-effect was better.

I really do wish that everyone had access to the kosher changes.... it's really unfair otherwise.

#8 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:23 AM

What you're asking WP is to publicly acknowledge and, by allowing a forum post, support the existence of a game editing program on an official game forum.

You make it sound like game mods are not a thing in every game out there...

#9 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:28 AM

So i sent pm to Oda/Campitor provide me with a response to my locked post https://forums.warpp...9-client-edits/

They have conveniently ignored it for past 3 days.

Hence i would like to draw community attention to this important issue.

Why am i not able to gain any information on client edits from any legal sources. More importantly why am i not even allowed to discuss this on forums.

Instead of locking this post again first answer this issues and justify them.

Why should i have a super laggy client during woe and other elite players enjoy super smooth clients. How is it fair in anyway?

Or was this game designed by you for some select elite players only or only folks who are good with grf edits?

First, I respond to PMs as a courtesy PMing me on a friday late in the evening means that generally I won't have the chance to see it for awhile as I do get many PMs every day. If it is something that needs resolution you must contact the GM team at https://support.warpportal.com. Now I try to be helpful when I can but I have other obligations that come before I respond to a PM.

Now as for your question. We do not recommend that you ever edit your client. This can result in game client instability and we cannot assist you if you do so. You may need to reinstall the game to make the client playable again. We are just not currently suspending for the listed edits but we will not provide support for them in any fashion.

#10 WhiteWizard0

WhiteWizard0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:30 AM

I am asking for either everyone to have equal opportunity to use client edits or no gets to use them. I think this point was quite evident in my post

How bout playthings game with no edits at all. Or is that just to difficult for u to do?

Reading is highly underrated.

I honestly think edits are all bad if not everyone has them.

note tho: I editted storm gust/Meteor storm and LOV to be easier to see through for stream and video purposes. I wish mini-effect was better.

I really do wish that everyone had access to the kosher changes.... it's really unfair otherwise.

Exactly

You make it sound like game mods are not a thing in every game out there...

They are common. And if they are allowed for some people then why he heck are CMs behind locking my threads? Whats there to hide in it. I just want everyone to have a plain level field

Edited by WhiteWizard0, 27 September 2016 - 08:36 AM.

#11 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:33 AM

because the DEVS are stupid and can't do simple things like fix bowling bash. Now we have to use a overlay just to play properly. Some edits balance the game some break it. What makes me mad is that we as the players have to go out of our way to fix what wasn't fixed.

As for client edits, they haven't fixed the looting system in this game. Tons of items on the ground start picking up, oh there is a card just to have it taken by someone else. So people make important items larger. Fix the looting system so we don't have to band-aid the problem.

Edited by ShoLin, 27 September 2016 - 08:37 AM.

#12 WhiteWizard0

WhiteWizard0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:34 AM

First, I respond to PMs as a courtesy PMing me on a friday late in the evening means that generally I won't have the chance to see it for awhile as I do get many PMs every day. If it is something that needs resolution you must contact the GM team at https://support.warpportal.com. Now I try to be helpful when I can but I have other obligations that come before I respond to a PM.

Now as for your question. We do not recommend that you ever edit your client. This can result in game client instability and we cannot assist you if you do so. You may need to reinstall the game to make the client playable again. We are just not currently suspending for the listed edits but we will not provide support for them in any fashion.

In the list of edits no where is it mentioned penuma timers are allowed. where as they are clearly active in the video i had linked earlier.

You still havent answered why not have the edits posted by gm team itself saying so and so edits are allowed and you can download them here at your own risk? Rather than having us go through tons of spyware and malware to get them?

Simple issues like bowling bash/lag due to meteor storms/stormgusts/missing maps for endless tower and few instances are quite annoying for normal new players

Edited by WhiteWizard0, 27 September 2016 - 08:37 AM.

#13 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:52 AM

Reading is highly underrated.

Actually reading is fundamental. Understanding what the person is asking is highly underrated. Ill reiterate my question so its coherent so someone like you can even understand what I'm saying. How bout you find other ways to make your client or gaming experience to be more smooth for you with out using 3rd party programs! Or is that to hard for you to do. Cause it seems you just want to be like the "Elites" you speak of.

EDIT:

Have you done it?  No! Then maybe you should invest time and try to do it.

Have you done it? Yes but still problems! Ok then ill help you with things client side so it helps you play better.

Second Edit: I don't use such programs but i know how they work more or less.

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 27 September 2016 - 08:55 AM.

#14 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:56 AM

So here is the question. What are the exact annoyances you want to fix?

#15 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:58 AM

They should give a patch including these things, for the tech stupid ppl like me.

#16 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:58 AM

Is that a general question because....

I wanna see BB lines without RCX

Mini effect is terrible and should be more mini

There should be a texture free client that retains elevations

#17 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:00 AM

Is that a general question because....

I wanna see BB lines without RCX

Mini effect is terrible and should be more mini

There should be a texture free client that retains elevations

That actually sounds like a proper proposal.

I thought section 9 was working on something like that, or am i mistaken?

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:03 AM

I'm under the impression that section9 is dead but idk for real

#19 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:14 AM

How bad will it be to make the card sprite officially bigger? I am really just asking lol

How horrible will it be for ET to have its map showing just the numbers so people don't have to baby step count floors?

#20 WhiteWizard0

WhiteWizard0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:30 AM

So here is the question. What are the exact annoyances you want to fix?

In the list of edits no where is it mentioned penuma timers are allowed. where as they are clearly active in the video i had linked earlier.

You still havent answered why not have the edits posted by gm team itself saying so and so edits are allowed and you can download them here at your own risk? Rather than having us go through tons of spyware and malware to get them?

Simple issues like bowling bash/lag due to meteor storms/stormgusts/missing maps for endless tower and few instances are quite annoying for normal new players

I had already edited my post before you asked about the edits i was looking for which are absolutely legal.

Also i would urge you to join one woe1/woe2 and keep effects on. you would see how hard it is to even notice what is going on. But then again there are folks who know how to get the client to work perfectly to work for them like the video i tagged earlier 

so i would ask you look into how we can have a stable client like that video for normal newbies like me, who are not technically sound

Edited by WhiteWizard0, 27 September 2016 - 09:32 AM.

#21 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:35 AM

People do these edits for an advantage in some way. It doesn't matter if it's as small of an edit as Big Card Mod or something bigger for pvp/woe like pneuma timer, it's still an advantage over another player.

The problem is that you're not making it available for other players to get them easily. The rules also don't make sense since players can't discuss them freely on these forums when you're allowing some things to be editted. So what does a player who wants these edits have to do? They turn to google and p servers and they learn about more crazy stuff that they can try and abuse on RO.

Honestly, it just sounds like an excuse with the last part of your post. You can make it as a disclaimer, but don't let that be the only reason why you can't provide these edits yourself.

Edited by Demeris, 27 September 2016 - 09:42 AM.

#22 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:44 AM

Nothing is legal. People are going to do this because they know how to. You are not entitled to have the same client edits as everyone, because frankly they are cheating.
Things like gray map aren't going to make you a better player and it does not reduce lag in the way you think it does. Minimizing effects can definitely help with lag, but it also helps if you're not playing on a toaster oven.

The majority of edits are PvM quality of life edits.

Edited by Myzery, 27 September 2016 - 09:45 AM.

#23 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:47 AM

Let's be honest here. Even if you don't allow it what will you do? You can't find them because they are editing their own files, you will never be able to catch them as long as they never take screenshots and videos to show publicly. 

#24 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:51 AM

All client side things are legal as log as it doesn't affect gameplay (example of actually affecting gameplay is ndly). The only way to ever get caught is making a video or screen shots.

#25 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:56 AM

Maybe you should like, use google and figure out how to edit the client yourself? This game is like 12 years old, you don't need a degree to figure out how to do this stuff. Just because other people have it, does not mean that you are entitled to it.

Edited by Easly, 27 September 2016 - 09:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users