What are the things that bother you? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What are the things that bother you?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:05 AM

What are the small graphic issues, UI problems, and other things that bother you while playing the game? Maybe they don't ruin it but if they weren't there you'd have a better experience.

Please go into as much detail as you can. I will be sharing this information with my studio contact and the studio director.

#2 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:11 AM

I am copying some posts over from another thread that was on a similar topic.

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:12 AM

- Stormgust animation is way too thick. Reducing Wizard AOE so they're more transparent would improve gameplay greatly.

- Magnetic earth is way too shiny and bright and obnoxious. It would be better as a single blocky colour imo. It makes it too hard to see songs, etc.

- AoE of skills isn't entirely clear. Example - pneuma being able to see the 9 tiles it affects instead of this random green blob would help.

- bowling bash gridlines. They can be the difference between life and death knowing where they are.

related - position bugging. Being able to "reload" all the sprites on screen so we know where they "really" are would be huge.

#4 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:13 AM

Is that a general question because....

I wanna see BB lines without RCX
Mini effect is terrible and should be more mini

There should be a texture free client that retains elevations

I'm answering as someone who don't use edits because I'm too lazy to read what is allowed or not, and to look for 3rd party programs, but I think there are a lot of things that disturb the visual experience of the game. I understand that these will probably take a long time to take effect if at all, but since I know you take the communities feedback to the dev teams, so I'll name a few of what I think could be better on the game as a whole:

- Cursor don't stand out as much as it should;
- VFXs block the vision of whatever is behind them, specially if there are many VFXs piling up. This makes the cursor problem even worse;
- The cast circle doesn't display the correct AoE of skills;
- There's no Hierarchy in loot display/grab. For example, it should be something like this: Cards should be large and always be displayed first, instance/quest items second, then gears, then rare items, then other stuff.
- (I think this is not client-side, but) Loots become FFA too quickly. They shouldn't become FFA at all, or only in the last 3 seconds or something.
- Structures block the vision of whoever is behind them. I know this is related to old 3D tech, but it could have been fixed a long time ago, since the technology to make structures see-through whenever there's a player behind them is quite old.

#5 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:14 AM

The fact that iRO is the only one that limits how far your camera can go no matter how big your monitors are.

Please change how much zeny each character can hold, I don't want to make anymore accounts and I am definitely not paying VIP just to make 9 on them. 

Magics and shaking everywhere during PvP/WoE is really annoying.

No proper timer for any converters or anything like that. You just guess when you are running out or damage the mob to see the difference.

Important items should be larger not just random things like armor. I have to look really carefully during ET to find crimson gears like katar, violins etc.

Something that lets you destroy your items more easily, I can't put this rune plate anywhere.

AoE of skills like SG going out of the circle is something that's there but you pretty much just learn that.

You can never tell whether or not you are stone cursed or wtv when you are in THQ or Spear Quicken. 

#6 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:14 AM

Changing the cursor color is nice. I have mine as a wild color, but it would really help people in WoE.

#7 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:18 AM

Stuff like dispell could be clearer too. I quite like the ones that look like this

GBiBzSk.png

And uh, icons on the side for statuses would be HUGE too. If they could be applied to party window even better.

#8 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9325 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:21 AM

Certain buffs that get removed when changing map servers, like transformation candies and windwalk(there are also some others) and as stated earlier, location lag.

#9 vanillacoke

vanillacoke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:24 AM

Graphics issues when playing with nvidia graphics cards from 7xx series up to the newest ones.

definitely made my gameplay worse.

p.s. bowling bash grid lines without using 3rd party program.

Edited by vanillacoke, 27 September 2016 - 11:26 AM.

#10 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3544 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:27 AM

fixing costume: amitr bag sprites, apple sprites

the head of the super novice not attached to the body when riding on halter

#11 Stalkerness

Stalkerness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:28 AM

The following sequence of actions produces an error handler:

1) with antonio armor equipped

2) click to feed your homunculus

3) while the okay/cancel dialogue is open, before you have a chance to click, a monster suddenly spawns and starts attacking you

4) antonio card teleports you

5) feed your homunculus

6) clicking okay or cancel crashes the client, char selecting crashes the client, bunches of other things crash the client

this is a pretty small bug, but also pretty obnoxious. (and I still get hit with it, despite knowing about it for 10 years)

I also get an error handler and char-stuck-in-instance if i have alt+u open while reserving+entering hazy forest. (this might be because i run RO under WINE though)

#12 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:31 AM

fixing costume: amitr bag sprites, apple sprites

the head of the super novice not attached to the body when riding on halter

Not the thread for this.

#13 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:50 AM

mmm, the thing that ever rlly bugs me (classic btw) is when i accidentally grab my chat window and move it off screen. its a small gripe, but if we had an option to lock its position perhaps?  and autofollow bugs out a lot. i stoped doing certin in game stuff solo because its always such a pain to bring a bard or priest or both with me. again verry small gripe. lastly, i do wish i could get just a little more zoom out.... like vertically 5-8 more cells. to kind of fix this i play with more of a tilt on my cam, and walk as if the top right corner of my screen is forward. but this can bring up other small lil issues outside of pvm.

Edited by lxst, 27 September 2016 - 11:50 AM.

#14 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:54 AM

• The client still uses DX7, and kRO never finished the DX9 client.
  • Effects and their radius are horribly displayed in game. (Storm Gust being blinding, Pneuma not even covering it's radius properly, Volcanic Ash not covering it's radius properly, etc).
  • /mineffect is basically useless. Only having 9? effects that actually use it, and the difference between it being on and off is barely noticeable.
  • Gear and item description UI is archaic. (kRO slightly improved it with a comparison window, but it still reeks of old. Especially when items now have so many effects and stat boosts to them).
  • Most status effects are impossible to see when there is a large group of players, due to how small they are represented (Curse, Stone Curse, and Frozen are displayed nicely, but things like Stun, Sleep, Burning, Crystallize, Slow downs not being displayed at all aside from walk speeds, etc are badly shown).
  • The passive stat buffs from guilds are worthless. Both in the stat bonus they give, and the radius they apply in.
  • Bowling Bash grid lines are the most confusing thing for most players trying to play a knight.
  • Instances starting cooldowns by talking to an npc outside of the instance.

So should I include small annoyances in our server, but have been fixed on kRO years ago? Because that's pretty much what majority of my issues are.

• Many status effects and buffs do not have status icons here, like they do on kRO.
  • Our UI buff duration timers are literally useless.
  • Our UI cooldown timers are literally useless.
  • Pets hunger bars.
  • Hallucination is a mess.
  • kRO made a invite command for guild, so it can be as convenient as inviting players to party.
  • Screen shaking effects can't be turned off here, while they now can be on kRO.
  • Moving things from inventory/cart/storage with shift/ctrl clicking the items.
  • All daily quests were switched to end cooldown at 6am (I could be off on the time, but it is early morning) rather than last 23 hours after doing the quest.

I could go on about the things that have been fixed on kRO 3-4 years ago, but still haven't reached us but I think I would hit a text limit.

Edited by Toxn, 27 September 2016 - 03:05 PM.

#15 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:55 AM

The max level aura. Can we have it revert to the original compact blue instead of the current blaring eyesore?

#16 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:05 PM

The max level aura. Can we have it revert to the original compact blue instead of the current blaring eyesore?

/aura fixes everything.

#17 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:20 PM

What bothers me is the past updates in kaddies thread is still very long and it's taking to long to catch up to 6 months to 1 year behind kro

#18 DarkGazer

DarkGazer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:22 PM

Position bugging is probably the most obnoxious graphical issue that needs fixing. Getting hit, getting knocked back, using certain skills and using certain items while moving just screws up the sync between the position of the player's sprite and the player's real position.

#19 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:24 PM

1. Aura

2. Storm Gust, Lord of Vermillion, Meteor Storm

3. AoE buff Skills

4. No timers for buffs such as Converters, proof potions, Pneuma, Safety Wall, etc

5. No timers for debuffs such as Stasis, Howl, etc

6. Having ability to snap target on Allies in WoE

7. No @Refresh

8. Screen shaking

9. An updated Kaleidoscope would fix some of of this.

10. RCX would fix all of this. :/ cept @refresh and stasis/howl timers.

Edited by KamiKali, 27 September 2016 - 12:26 PM.

#20 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:26 PM

Nothing makes me rage more than DC'ing because you clicked on a cell to walk after talking to an NPC. Happened to me twice in geffen magic tourney in this past week and i almost took a swing at my monitor.

#21 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:42 PM

Organizing Bounty Board tracking in both active and inactive tabs, there needs to be a column with a drop down list for each level ranged picked up and their counts. Example:

Jueno 70 - 110

Spoiler

Juno 101 - 150

Spoiler

#22 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:43 PM

Position bug:

from my experience: GX - sometimes you cannot move even if you spam click everywhere, have to use backslide to be able to move again

others - 1 second lag before you can move again

Vending:

cannot right-click items while preparing the vend. This makes it hard to distinguish similar gears with different enchants, for example, and cause some mispricing, mistakes and ragequitting XD

Instances:

DC from instances, either server or user side. Can suck it up for the daily instances but for the week-long cooldown ones... cri

*Is it just me or does Nidhoggur Quest bug out on Guardian counts? It happens fairly regularly in my experience

Kaleidoscope:

ETA please. Heavy precasts on WoE beats a New Year's firework show in China. /effect solves this somehow but doing so can be of a disadvantage as well (pnuema, aoe range etc)

Edited by jamdonutjam, 27 September 2016 - 12:45 PM.

#23 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:45 PM

• pet sprites/animations, a lot of pets have glitched animations etc (Evil Nymph, Green Maiden and more)
  • pet talk tables, we are missing a lot of these :X
  • pet illustrations, some are not using the correct ones (like White Lady)
  • pet hunger bars, so we don't have to re-open the pet window or leave it open period
  • being unable to rename pets, even though you have an NPC which can mimic this

:Y

Edited by Nirvanna21, 27 September 2016 - 12:48 PM.

#24 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:48 PM

*Is it just me or does Nidhoggur Quest bug out on Guardian counts? It happens fairly regularly in my experience

They bug out often if you kill more than 1 Guardians at the same time. Killing them one at a time reduces the bug occurrence. 

#25 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:50 PM

• being unable to rename pets, even though you have an NPC which can mimic this

can we rename homuns as well please? :3

@Fier

oh wow TIL, ill change my ways thanks :)

Edited by jamdonutjam, 27 September 2016 - 12:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users