Everything going wrong here and why and solutions - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Everything going wrong here and why and solutions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
327 replies to this topic

#51 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:45 AM

We tackle reports from all players, not just who you call elites. Campitor has made it clear what programs are allowed and which ones will cause problems but you are doing your best to find a way to push your agenda. Trying to stir up an angry mob does not equal a long and uninterrupted posting career on the forums. 

Tell em again papa ODA. Ive been a good boy right? RIGHT?!!!!

#52 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:46 AM

We tackle reports from all players, not just who you call elites. Campitor has made it clear what programs are allowed and which ones will cause problems but you are doing your best to find a way to push your agenda. Trying to stir up an angry mob does not equal a long and uninterrupted posting career on the forums.

Well TBH I would like to know the difference between having a timer or the word stun being over someone's head. Since one is okay and one isn't.

#53 WhiteWizard0

WhiteWizard0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:47 AM

Simple question. Penuma timer isn't mentioned in the list.
Reported it. No response for it. Till 3 weeks? Or wait. Till kami decided to comment on it. Hence you come here and make a statement.

Reiterating my point. CM GM don't bother to resolve issues of normal folks. Wait till the elite is pissed and then come to their rescue.

Need some more examples? Feel free to pm me. But wait. While you do that. You'll notice there are tons on unread messages from me. Period

Edited by WhiteWizard0, 06 October 2016 - 08:49 AM.

#54 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:48 AM

This thread is making up for -_-ty WoE yesterday. On a serious note, see what they've done to the game dear Oda/Camp lmfao #rekt

Your unclear line of edits has -_-ed up the game badly. It would've been so much easier to just say yes to any edits to begin with because people can record it from RO replay to make their clients look legitimate/pro? Or ... you can try to say no to all edits but well hahaha

I've heard that the edit to shows stun or any status is not legal but then pnuema timer is legal? Not that I care honestly because I've been killing known cheaters solo many times. It is just you're just killing the game I love :/

#55 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:48 AM

No no please,keep arguing, it's keeping me entertained at work

:heh:  same here

#56 WhiteWizard0

WhiteWizard0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:50 AM

This thread is making up for -_-ty WoE yesterday. On a serious note, see what they've done to the game dear Oda/Camp lmfao #rekt

Your unclear line of edits has -_-ed up the game badly. It would've been so much easier to just say yes to any edits to begin with because people can record it from RO replay to make their clients look legitimate/pro? Or ... you can try to say no to all edits but well hahaha

I've heard that the edit to shows stun or any status is not legal but then pnuema timer is legal? Not that I care honestly because I've been killing known cheaters solo many times. It is just you're just killing the game I love :/

Different set of rules for some people.

#57 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:52 AM

Dis is gold

#58 WhiteWizard0

WhiteWizard0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:52 AM

I'm gonna be out with friends for the next few hours. How much are you guys gonna bet this thread will be locked by the time I'm back?

#59 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:54 AM

Does the saltiness make you go partially blind?

Personally, I'm against having grf client edits allowed, it opens the doors to people changing things that shouldn't be changed. But since there are QoLs allowed, why not use it? RCX and ROHook were so much better and didn't involve players needing the knowledge on how to edit their clients. Sadly they don't work on the Renewal client anymore.

and fyi, RCX had pneuma times, oh and it was legal c:

#60 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:54 AM

uncle camp and cousin cinnamon is here. Ill wait and see what happens as i drink oolong tea

#61 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:55 AM

I'm gonna be out with friends for the next few hours. How much are you guys gonna bet this thread will be locked by the time I'm back?

It will be deleted haha

#62 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:00 AM

Oh. Probably there is reason penuma doesn't have a timer in game since its an aoe skill which can be used strategically by the enemy. Hence its timer shouldn't be visible to the other guild. But then again. We are LR. We enjoy special set of rules?

A seasoned acolyte player in woe has no need for a pneuma timer, these are one of the most elementary things to master for its class line as much as mage players in pre renewal had to master the art of vertical fire walling.

As one of the elite Archbishop players in the forums (self-aclaimed), it brings me great shame you need a pneuma timer in order to control the skill in midbattle.

#63 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:00 AM

Different set of rules for some people.

You need to have strength to accept things you cant change and have courage to change things you can change. The world is never fair, in game and in real life.

I record live to make WoE videos. What you see in my videos is what I see in WoE. There are few legitimate players who just outplay cheaters. You can change yourself to be better and beat cheaters #Vigilantes101

I'm not calling anyone out because I've never used any edits or 3rd party, so I dont know who uses it or not lmfao

Edited by ChakriGuard, 06 October 2016 - 09:01 AM.

#64 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:02 AM

You need to have strength to accept things you cant change and have courage to change things you can change. The world is never fair, in game and in real life.

I record live to make WoE videos. What you see in my videos is what I see in WoE. There are few legitimate players who just outplay cheaters. You can change yourself to be better and beat cheaters #Vigilantes101

I'm not calling anyone out because I've never used any edits or 3rd party, so I dont know who uses it or not lmfao

I don't use any kind of cheat/edition (not even skins)

How dare you to forget me.  :waddle:

#65 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:04 AM

The Quality of Life edits listed were previous allowed edits from... 2010? 2011? I don't recall the year exactly. The GM team had decided that they would no longer suspend for the use of RCX at that time. 

The post was not a new policy when created but rather clearing up some misconceptions that were created years ago and provide some clarification.

GMs investigate based on effect not the name of the program. At the time certain players were creating some bad programs with edits that were not allowed. But they would name the program after a benign effect that was allowed. Creating some confusion in the community "No Shake is allowed" "No Shake has auto pot"

My Role in GM investigations:

I don't take part in any disciplinary actions except in cases where the GMs ask how something is done or how they can investigate something. In general I don't influence when or why a user is suspended since I stepped into the Lead Producer Role.

#66 SafelyEndangered

SafelyEndangered

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:07 AM

GM Team after legalising client edits...

Edited by SafelyEndangered, 06 October 2016 - 09:18 AM.

#67 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:09 AM

The Quality of Life edits listed were previous allowed edits from... 2010? 2011? I don't recall the year exactly. The GM team had decided that they would no longer suspend for the use of RCX at that time. 

The post was not a new policy when created but rather clearing up some misconceptions that were created years ago and provide some clarification.

GMs investigate based on effect not the name of the program. At the time certain players were creating some bad programs with edits that were not allowed. But they would name the program after a benign effect that was allowed. Creating some confusion in the community "No Shake is allowed" "No Shake has auto pot"

My Role in GM investigations:

I don't take part in any disciplinary actions except in cases where the GMs ask how something is done or how they can investigate something. In general I don't influence when or why a user is suspended since I stepped into the Lead Producer Role.

I'm just wondering, why pneuma timer is a Quality of Life and changing the Stone Curse visual effect is not?

I mean,i have said it here a lot of times but Stone Curse visual effect doesn't work properly when the enemy is using x,y skill...

X,Y override the stone curse visual effect (WS Skills,Spear Quicken,Fury for example).

Edited by Hissis, 06 October 2016 - 09:09 AM.

#68 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:13 AM

Okay I have some thoughts- nothing against kali here because this is the kind of thing that can be turned against anyone due to the lack of clarity.

FIRSTLY! If a video shows edits that ARENT ILLEGAL why delete it? Why not just leave it there and tell us it's damn well okay? Why are the rules a secret? #50%ofyouremblemmusthavepixels #onlyifyou'rexellie #examplesarealwaysdeleted #somepeopleareimmunetotherules

GIVE US THE GODDAMN EXAMPLES - DONT HIDE IT!

Secondly, yeah, Chibi edit is illegal 100%.  I don't even care if the staff condone it. That -_- can allow for easier class targetting / hide nodelay / go against the spirit of "don't edit character sprites" which we were told VERY specifically NOT to do.

so THIS! is NOT okay!

H43D9Oy.png

THIRDLY! RCX always has hidden buff timers in woe/pvp. It generally doesn't show non-allied buff timers. Please don't lie about RCX to push your own agenda or we'll all lose it/ Thanks.

Just like Greyworld and other "benign" edits, This stuff "Quality of life" obviously changes something and gives an advantage most of the time otherwise it wouldn't be used! There's hidden effects most of the time the staff don't even think about.

Give us officially sanctioned edits, please.

Edited by Xellie, 06 October 2016 - 09:21 AM.

#69 AAEM

AAEM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:22 AM

I think, I shoulda have installed Windows so I can understand what are you guys talking about, sooo much tension but I don't understand a thing   :pif:

Edited by AAEM, 06 October 2016 - 09:23 AM.

#70 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:25 AM

giggle_80_anim_gif.gif?width=40&height=4

#71 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:28 AM

I just dont see why if someone says "hey look at this illegal video" it gets deleted when the staff could leave it up and be like "nah, it;s not" and defend the person being attacked and make the rules clear for everyone. Instead they like to quietly whisper to these people that it's okay and allow the community to build them up as a villain.

Believe it or not - not everyone wants to talk to the staff 25/7 in PM or on skype just to know what they can't can't get banned for. Everyone should know.

That's aside of the fact that people will see Kali's stream and think "this is okay" and apply it to some classes and not others. Or even how she undermines the very fact that the third party program threads says word for word...

J7easiU.png

All you're gonna get is "if she can do it why can't I?" and these kind of edits can be framed as advantageous or benign based on who is arguing it. It's a stupid policy. Clean it up and stop keeping the rules a secret known only to GM bootlickers on skype.

Edited by Xellie, 06 October 2016 - 09:35 AM.

#72 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:32 AM

Dis is gold

nommer.gif

Okay I have some thoughts- nothing against kali here because this is the kind of thing that can be turned against anyone due to the lack of clarity.

FIRSTLY! If a video shows edits that ARENT ILLEGAL why delete it? Why not just leave it there and tell us it's damn well okay? Why are the rules a secret? #50%ofyouremblemmusthavepixels #onlyifyou'rexellie #examplesarealwaysdeleted #somepeopleareimmunetotherules

GIVE US THE GODDAMN EXAMPLES - DONT HIDE IT!

Secondly, yeah, Chibi edit is illegal 100%.  I don't even care if the staff condone it. That -_- can allow for easier class targetting / hide nodelay / go against the spirit of "don't edit character sprites" which we were told VERY specifically NOT to do.

so THIS! is NOT okay!

H43D9Oy.png

THIRDLY! RCX always has hidden buff timers in woe/pvp. It generally doesn't show non-allied buff timers. Please don't lie about RCX to push your own agenda or we'll all lose it/ Thanks.

Just like Greyworld and other "benign" edits, This stuff "Quality of life" obviously changes something and gives an advantage most of the time otherwise it wouldn't be used! There's hidden effects most of the time the staff don't even think about.

Give us officially sanctioned edits, please.

Tell'em Xellie!  :boogie:

Meanwhile...

nommer.gif

#73 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:36 AM

Yes, let us ban chibi sprites. Because that's exactly whats destroying the woe scene right now. Even though it's not being used for that. Autopot? That's fine. No delay? Perfectly alright. But chibi sprites, that's the real hax yo. The ultimate advantage. Kill em with qtness

#74 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:39 AM

I just dont see why if someone says "hey look at this illegal video" it gets deleted when the staff could leave it up and be like "nah, it;s not" and defend the person being attacked and make the rules clear for everyone. Instead they like to quietly whisper to these people that it's okay and allow the community to build them up as a villain.

Honestly I never got a chance to see the video.

Yes, let us ban chibi sprites. Because that's exactly whats destroying the woe scene right now. Even though it's not being used for that. Autopot? That's fine. No delay? Perfectly alright. But chibi sprites, that's the real hax yo. The ultimate advantage. Kill em with qtness

Chibi Sprites, Auto Post, No Delay, are all stuff players get banned for. I want to allow Chibi sprites because they are VERY cute but allowing ANY player sprite edit is a path we just cannot go down.

#75 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:40 AM

TBH do any of us really want anyone to get ban? Idk about you guys but woe can't use a loss of anyone at this point. I don't think a new player has entered the woe scene in at least 6months

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users