The VCR Program Wants You! - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The VCR Program Wants You!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Varitas

Varitas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Community Managers
  • 623 posts
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:11 PM

Wewantyou_small.jpg

Be a part of the magic here in the VCR Program.  

What does VCR stand for?  

VCR Stands for Voluntary Community Representative!  Our VCR's work with the team to not only bring issues to the RO2 team, but also to assist in creating and testing some of the amazing content that goes into RO2. 

What does a VCR Actually Do? 

VCR's provide valuable information to the RO2 Team.   This can be anywhere from Events to assisting in Translations.   VCR's also have access to the Test Server, which allows us to put new events and items through the ringer before making them live.   

What are the responsibilities of a VCR? 

1.     In-game or official forum or site rules or policies should all be followed.

2.     The VCRs are representatives of the community to Warpportal, but they are also seen as representatives of RO2 by the community, especially new players. Therefore as a VCR, if you post publicly, you'll need to pre-emptively think 'Does this post reflect poorly on me, Warpportal, or the community?'. Avoid chirping, conspiracies, etc.

3.     While we completely welcome constructive criticism in order to help make the game better, we also expect that the VCRs are not saying anything inappropriate or misbehaving while their name is associated to this program. This includes telling players to avoid playing RO2, being a troll, or in any other way not representing yourself, your class, or the community well.

4.     Each VCR will be expected to make an effort to put aside, as needed, any pre-existing individual or guild rivalries that they may have with others (in or out of the program) to avoid disrupting the work being done. Rivalries are understandable with guilds vying for limited resources, but they work against what the VCR group is intended for.

5.     We will not ask you to completely drop these rivalries (you may be as competitive as you want in the appropriate place and time), but as a VCR you must avoid participating in public bias. It will deter others from providing feedback, and will make you harder to approach.

6.     If a VCR is seen involved in any of the situations we’ve described as non-acceptable, players are free to report them to me via PM. We understand that some might try to report VCRs for personal reasons, so keep in mind that the final decision would always be made by the Warpportal team, and we will strive to be neutral in every case.

Anyone who applies will have to be willing to adopt new tools or programs, as well as utilizing the forum. None of these tools will cost the player anything, they’re all free, but will be required so that you’re kept in the loop and have access to conversations. Examples of these would be SlackTrello, etc. If you’re unfamiliar with these, we will provide guides and help out to show you how to use them.

We hope this will help us to meet the expectations of the community and make a better Ragnarok 2 for everyone.

How to Apply

Just click on the "Yes" button below and fill out the form! 

Helpthisseemscomplicatedbutton.jpg signmeupbutton.jpg

Don't forget to leave a comment here in the forum introducing yourself if you decided to join us!

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 13742 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:17 AM

The VCRs are representatives of the community to Warpportal, but they are also seen as representatives of RO2 by the community, especially new players.

That's quite that assertion. I don't believe the community has ever agreed to the VCR program representing them as a whole. It was supposed to help balance job classes.

#3 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:48 AM

You mean it was changed to stand for Volunteer Community Representative last year...
https://forums.warpp...epresentatives/

●     The VCRs are representatives of the community to Warpportal, but they are also seen as representatives of RO2 by the community, especially new players. Therefore as a VCR, if you post publicly, you'll need to pre-emptively think 'Does this post reflect poorly on me, Warpportal, or the community?'. Avoid chirping, conspiracies, etc.

...when they were originally class representatives

What's a VCR?

A VCR is a Volunteer Class Representative. They will be responsible for focusing community feedback regarding a specific class and reporting on that feedback each week to Warpportal. This will involve any balance, bug, or popular suggestions that would involve the class they represent.

Edited by inuko23, 01 October 2016 - 10:48 AM.

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 13742 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:03 PM

Are there even that many players left in the forum community to provide feedback? Why further divide the community with the VCR program?

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 13742 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:40 PM

The VCR Program is the Hunger Games now.

hkMAdPb.gif

#6 Varitas

Varitas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Community Managers
  • 623 posts
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:11 AM

That's quite that assertion. I don't believe the community has ever agreed to the VCR program representing them as a whole. It was supposed to help balance job classes.

Hello, 

Actually the VCR's are much more than that.  The VCR program has helped in many other ways.  Some have assisted in translating the game for different regions of the world.  Others have taken it upon themselves to edit quest texts.   We even have a few who have written quests for the game itself.   Our VCR's are also welcome to run community events.  

For example, Epele's Hide n Seek event and Toni's Trivia Bot.  The VCR program has grown much since its first inception and we hope to grow it even further.  

Sincerely, 

CM Varitas. 

#7 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 13742 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:46 AM

That still doesn't mean they represent the community as a whole. The way you describe it, they're more like volunteer developers than representatives of the community at this point. I think people would be more interested in becoming volunteer developers than community representatives.

#8 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:05 PM

That still doesn't mean they represent the community as a whole. The way you describe it, they're more like volunteer developers than representatives of the community at this point. I think people would be more interested in becoming volunteer developers than community representatives.

^ so true.

#9 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 13742 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:57 PM

All I know is I represent myself; I do not appreciate someone else speaking for me and I'm sure other players don't appreciate random strangers speaking for them either. So just cut to the chase and start calling them volunteer developers instead of VCRs since all that you describe is nowhere near indicative of what a representative does.

#10 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:59 PM

Agree. You must call potatoes potatoes. The term "voluntary community representative" is false and misleading to what the program truly is about. Liking the program or not, that depends on each one and the program itself can be debatable and subject to controversy but don't force down our throats those players represent the community. That's what I think most of us disagree on.

#11 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 13742 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 11:04 PM

iRO already has their own programs of volunteer developers (Fungineers and Section 9). I don't see why iRO2 can't have the same without all this middle-man representative stuff since we're fully capable of speaking for ourselves without representation by someone else.

#12 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 11:05 PM

They are voluntary developers, beta testers and bug hunters but certainly not representatives of RO2 community.

#13 iVanillaMint

iVanillaMint

I made it Off Topic

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 62 posts
  • LocationOn your mind

Posted 16 October 2016 - 12:53 PM

good luck for the recruitment  :p_hi:

#14 5564160802075540937

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 06:55 PM

too many wrong translate of taiwaness ui,so i wanna join the vcr and help to fix them!!!

#15 NkdChoco

NkdChoco

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:18 AM

WTBe VCR :v

#16 Marky523

Marky523

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:03 PM

I volunteer as tribute  :Emo_12:

#17 dafrappe

dafrappe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:08 PM

Good luck for recruitment!

-iPixy

#18 817130806130344780

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:10 PM

Hey I'm here to join if possible, kind of new to he forums, but I'm master lvl 6 so I think I could bring at least something if I get accepted. :D

#19 Varitas

Varitas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Community Managers
  • 623 posts
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:07 PM

Hello Everyone, 

For those who are waiting, please keep in mind that being part of the VCR program does require to have a Forum Account.  If you have submitted a request and stated a Forum Name that does not exist in the official Ragnarok Online 2 Forums, this will delay your submission into the program.   If you have not received a notification from Slack yet, one of these things might be a factor as well: 

:p_swt:

• Invalid Forum Name
    • The Forum name provided needs to match with an existing Forum Account.  If you do not have one, you may easily create one on our forums and you may PM me your new Forum name with the Email address you submitted with.  
  • Invalid Character Name
    • We noticed that some submissions did not include a valid character name.  We do not share this information, but we do ask that it is included.  
  • Invalid Email provided
    • Simply if we cannot send a Slack email, we cannot include you in the group.  Please make sure the email provided is a real email account that you have access to. 
  • Invalid answers to the Forum questions
    • Leaving fields blank or not taking the questions seriously will result in the submission being denied.  We do not need a long essay, but we want to see your thought process for making suggestions to Ragnarok Online 2.   

The VCR's are open to anyone who wants to help, but we do ask that the fields be filled completely and honestly.   We do not share the field information with anyone, but CM and Producer's Team.  Also if you are sure that everything went through PM me and I will see what's up.  :p_idea:    

Sincerely, 

CM Varitas

#20 ArtOfLegend

ArtOfLegend

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:21 PM

i'll try to join being representative. Art, ign ArtOfLegend2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users