Remove XP Level Penalties and Increase Party Share Range to 25 - Page 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Remove XP Level Penalties and Increase Party Share Range to 25

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#26 nheil02

nheil02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 02:53 AM

for me i'm ok with the current setup we have now. just because there is bounty board...

#27 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:19 AM

1.- Gramps was and is the true reason why players dont go anymore to play outside gramps TIs.

That's not entirely true actually.

Comming from euRO I can say that even without Gramps people just used very few maps (Nogg 2, Jupe 1, Bio 2, Scaraba 2, Eclage Tower, Angra Mantis GD and very rarely Abyss Lake 3 or Rachel Sanctuary 1) to level at 100+ and everything else was basically dead.

That's what? A grand total of 8 maps for 100+ if you count the very rarely used ones.

Even adding Orc Dungeon 1 and 2, Dark Priests in GH, Magmaring and Desert Wolves doesn't really make it that much better if you look at the number of maps RO has.

(Note: People on euRo often bought mercenairies and directly went to Orc Dungeon to afk as soon as they were first job when I still played there...)

And I have seen quite a few people leveling at Centipedes, Nogg 2, Scarabs, Eclage Tower or even Bradium Golems here on iRO.

So the difference of common grinding maps really isn't that different between a server with Gramps and one without him.

Why did euRo people only use so few maps now when they don't have Gramps?

Easy: The used maps are those with the best exp/h ratio. When renewal was introduced there, everyone went everywhere to try places but it quickly died down to have people hole up in those few maps I mentioned above.

And even with Gramps I have seen way less leeching (and way more different monsters! some of which are a pain :P) over here than I did back on euRO.

Edit: We can agree to Gramps making iRO more casual-friendly however.

Edited by kubikyuu, 10 October 2016 - 12:20 AM.

#28 Schizzler

Schizzler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:56 AM

I actually have to say that Gramps is literally the only real way to level in RO in any way similar to the party-based grind of old. As for "zoning", it isn't better or worse than the previous method of leveling; they're just two different methods of achieving the same thing.If anything, the systems weren't so much the problem as their implementation. Half the monsters were irrelevant to leveling in pre-renewal to begin with; and then a whole new group of monsters became irrelevant after renewal because they fell in between "zones", and had no loots worth the time.

#29 Schizzler

Schizzler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:18 AM

I don't think we can hope for a change in the entire leveling system; renewal mechanics are here to stay. But, that doesn't mean it can't be updated or streamlined.

Here is what I'd propose; it would save the game, but it's going to be an unpopular suggestion. Give the entire player base the VIP EXP rate increase. WHAT!? Yes, because leveling is the core of this game. Think of it this way; what if you did a quest in say Elder Scrolls, but literally never got to the end of the quest? Each time you thought you had reached the end of the quest story- surprise! The 12th cliff-hanger!! Leveling has to come to a conclusion sometime; dangling end-game content in front of players indefinitely is just obnoxious and tedious for the player.

#30 Schizzler

Schizzler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:34 AM

VIP can keep the drop rate increase, Overlook, TI benefits, Summoner, ect. ect. But you can't sell someone a broken product. You can't say that RO is an RPG where you can't level. That's part of the core of the experience! ^.^

#31 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:18 AM

And then some folks would barge in insisting that leveling up is so easy, people just don't know how to play the game, as they can reach max level in a blink of an eye. Exaggeration intended.

Exaggeration? Where? Actually, I'm surprised that nobody mentioned it seriously here yet...

#32 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

:v

#33 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:01 AM

And into the forgotten/neglected subforum it goes.

#34 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:49 AM

GG, no one ever looks in this subforums. Might as well move the proposal thread as well, I'm sure it'll generate a lot of traffic

#35 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:27 PM

You would be surprised but Campitor does look at this sub-forum, so please keep up a constructive feedback.

#36 aentunei

aentunei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom Computer Center
  • Server:InternationalRedAlert6

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:11 PM

please don't kill my grandpa.... i love him

#37 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell

Posted 10 October 2016 - 03:22 PM

You would be surprised but Campitor does look at this sub-forum, so please keep up a constructive feedback.

Look at it? Sure I'll give you that one, but actually pay attention to it? Not likely

#38 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:26 PM

The details behind how and what is out of my scope, however, I will speak with the CMs later today on the negligence concerns afloat.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 11 October 2016 - 01:37 AM.

#39 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell

Posted 11 October 2016 - 04:30 AM

Cin, that is all there is on the forums.......all we as the player base do is point out what needs to be addressed, only to be told that there is nothing that can be done..........

#40 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:19 AM

Cin, that is all there is on the forums.......all we as the player base do is point out what needs to be addressed, only to be told that there is nothing that can be done..........

Sorry for the late response. Here what I have gathered after speaking with the CMs:

• The Community Managers certainly read the proposed ideas in this section.
  • They would love to respond per suggestion but realistically it is not possible.
  • Many things require kRo intervention, so you will probably hear "We can't do it but we can suggest it to the kRo staff".
  • Development powers in-house are very limited, so be understanding when suggesting things to the iRO team.

That being said, please do not be discouraged and do continue suggesting things in this sub section.

#41 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:56 AM

If I may ask, how many CMs (and who) do actually read and give our suggestions and propositions here the proper attention?

#42 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:57 AM

Sorry for the late response. Here what I have gathered after speaking with the CMs:

• The Community Managers certainly read the proposed ideas in this section.
  • They would love to respond per suggestion but realistically it is not possible.
  • Many things require kRo intervention, so you will probably hear "We can't do it but we can suggest it to the kRo staff".
  • Development powers in-house are very limited, so be understanding when suggesting things to the iRO team.
That being said, please do not be discouraged and do continue suggesting things in this sub section.

Bull-_-. Saying it's realistically impossible is a nice excuse for not trying to fix a big problem in RO.

For one, you guys took out drop penalty. I'm sure you guys can easily take out leveling penalties as well. Also, back in pre-renewal there were no leveling penalties so this feature was "added." Lastly, there needs to just be a modifieir for the level differences. Instead of setting it at 40%, i doubt it's that hard to set up at 60%.

And regarding the increase share range. The original was at 10 and changed to 15. So I know changing share range is possible.

So don't lie about things being impossible when players have already seen the changes that were made.

#43 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:34 AM

<>. Saying it's realistically impossible is a nice excuse for not trying to fix a big problem in RO.

For one, you guys took out drop penalty. I'm sure you guys can easily take out leveling penalties as well. Also, back in pre-renewal there were no leveling penalties so this feature was "added." Lastly, there needs to just be a modifieir for the level differences. Instead of setting it at 40%, i doubt it's that hard to set up at 60%.

And regarding the increase share range. The original was at 10 and changed to 15. So I know changing share range is possible.

So don't lie about things being impossible when players have already seen the changes that were made.

There are some things that we ARE able to change in-house and one of the things that we talked to the kRO devs about when they visited was the benefits of having iRO/kRO/jRO specific mechanics due to all versions of the game having very specific player needs. 

There are some things that we are able to change in-house but we still need to announce and talk about these changes with kRO since updates and patches from them could potentially break many things if we're adjusting settings on our own. 

Also, if you read her post, Cinnamon wasn't saying your suggestion was impossible. She said it was "realistically not possible to respond to all suggestions" 

Nowhere does she or we say "your suggestion cannot be done".

#44 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:04 PM

If that's the case, then why do players consider this sub-section forums as neglected?

It's because the staff GIVES the impression that no one reads it. The staff never engage themselves in a discussion in this sub forum and they're mostly interacted through the main ragnarok community chat. Hell, even players post their ticket problems in there when they're suppose to be doing that through technical support. Every main problem that players have with their game experiences gets posted in community chat because that's where the GM traffic.

If you really believe players should post their suggestion or proposal, then you'll need to show SOME involvement. Otherwise just remove this section if you don't really have the time for it because the players are giving THEIR TIME to make RO better.

Believe me, I love iRO and I enjoy playing it. My suggestions have always been about for the players to help make the game grow vs the many posts that offers fixes for their own greed. Most suggestions I have given are from my own experience and the experience my friends have given me before they quit. But the ability for the iRO to adapt to changes gives players a horrible experience. The game needs to continue evolving to have players to stay and so far, iRO seems content with how they are and it continues to make players angrier and angrier.

Edited by Demeris, 14 October 2016 - 06:49 PM.

#45 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 15 October 2016 - 09:52 AM

It would be nice to increase the level share range if there's no other place to level to 175 feasibly or comparably to Bio4 Bounty Boards. One of the incentives of Bounty Boards is it allows people out of share range to still party together and get counts done together and get EXP reward at the end.

As the game evolved to have such vast level cap, getting people together within share range has become even more difficult too.

I'd like a change of environment/ scenery for once than the depressing Bio4 lab forever since December 2014, and get people together to party at NCT. Bounty boards encourages partying to get counts done without exp share, thus I am also in favor of NCT BB Boards being implemented unless the level range for EXP share is increased higher than 15.

Is this something that can be considered at least?

Edit: Grammar :v

This was something I suggested long ago, though outdated so Demeris proposal isn't exactly a bad one and worth considering. Prerenewal exp share range was 10 levels apart, when 150 was implemented, it was increased to 15. When 175 came out nothing changed, and there are more wide spread of level range that makes it difficult for people to be within EXP share range these days. Plus at higher levels there's a much more narrowed down smaller population.

Hope this gets heard somehow or another. :)

#46 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:22 AM

I'm not the only one who complained about Gramps, but at this point I don't even care what happens to Gramps anymore. But please, do feel free to continue bringing up outdated information like most everyone else.

As for the Bounty Boards, I never said anywhere that they were a fast way to get levels. Please cite where I said as such. They have always been a means to help new players get established in the game as well as appeal to veterans who want more value to leveling out in the world maps. They were never meant to appeal to speed-levelers; the speed-leveling modifications to the system such as the warp option and NCT boards were all Oda and Campitor's ideas to change the project's direction without consulting me. It's crap like that which made working with them very frustrating and it's one of the reasons why the original project has since been left in limbo.

what are NCT boards? I'm slowly catching up with the new stuff added over the last few years. by warp option you mean gramps warping to TI map or is there some other warp thingy?

*edit* did not realize the linked thread was old, sorry if someone could delete this post and send thread back where it belongs?

Edited by Hrothmund, 27 April 2017 - 01:26 AM.

#47 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:59 AM

2.- Im not sure right now, but as i remember jRO have a heavy way to leveling the old exp like pre-renewal but in 3rd class required high exp to level up and as i know no one wants that (thats why Gramps still here), i dont mind, but here is where the poor excuse come "i dont have time to play" "I have a life" "that way make new players stop playing".

In my aspect, leveling at JRO is very easy.

Level 1 - 99 : so easy that I think they should make it a little bit harder than this.

I actually recorded the videos and see a total time of my trans character took around 6 hours to raise my level from 1 to 99.

2017-04-27%2018%2041%2032_zpswq2dmpzo.jp

Level 99 - 165 : the real hardship begins here. However, the instance dungeon system JRO customized just kills it. (lol)

one of my AB got a level up from 150 to 164 within 1 week just because I joined an instance dungeon parties that enter Bios, Morse and Aerial Fortress everyday.

1 factor that matters a lot is that JRO gives new players a battle manual increases received EXP 150% that last long for 1 hour. As soon as I join the adventurer's academy, they give me 10 of it.

compared to IRO :

Leveling my hunter from 53 to 99

2017-04-27%2018%2055%2048_zpsaxdeq0bo.jp

17 hours - -"

#48 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:08 AM

jRO utilizes the pre renewal exp tables, with adjusted exp for lvls 100 and above, and monsters have customized exp acordingly as well(as far as i'm aware there isnt exp penalty for hunting higher lvl monsters while 99 and bellow or something)

iRO is definitelly the fastest server to lvl up once you get the hang of it, dont even need to thaat great gears(coz TI) but they sure help speed up the process.

#49 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:15 AM

jRO utilizes the pre renewal exp tables, with adjusted exp for lvls 100 and above, and monsters have customized exp acordingly as well(as far as i'm aware there isnt exp penalty for hunting higher lvl monsters while 99 and bellow or something)

iRO is definitelly the fastest server to lvl up once you get the hang of it, dont even need to thaat great gears(coz TI) but they sure help speed up the process.

No, there's no exp penalty at all. 99 and above still get full base and job exp. I can prove this by having 1 chat window that shows only received exp.

Most of the exp I got came from the rewards of finishing many instance dungeons that scatter around the game world.

#50 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:02 AM

The Level Penalty is there for killing low level monsters for a good reason, but I dont get why there is penalty for killing high level monsters. Shouldnt it be encouraged if a player has the right strategy, skillset and gears to kill the stronger monsters?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users