I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationCloud9
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes/Trifri

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:46 AM

1.Sniper's Coolness = should remain the same

2.Escape =  maybe lower it down to 10 second CD ? also 2nd Escape skill  would be really usefull just  like Assassin's Dash but ofc  with 10 sec CD not less  , because ranger is the weakest pvp class in the game for already idk 8 years ?   , i started playing 2008 

3.Weapon Upgrade = this skill is very good and should remain the same + DNA should be the same 

4.Diversionary Firing = fails alot need higher success chance 

5.Smoke Shell Firing = fails alot need higher success chance ( kinda useless skill )

6.Uppercut = overall a good close range stun but needs a lower cooldown maybe 10 sec or so 

7.Launcher Weapon Mastery = long range atk passive   but could be better ( higher dmg bonus or can be changed into CAD passive ) 

8.Repairing Launcher  = main atk dmg buff skill  , should remain the same 

9.Stealth Detection = should remain the same 

10.Fixed Firing = should remain the same but the buff SHOULD LAST EVEN if u get hit by SPELLS ( auto attacks doesnt cancel the buff ) so spells shouldnt cancel it aswell 

11.Range Extension  should remain the same but shouldnt decrease the atk.speed by 1 sec , ur basically useless if you pop Range Extension especially if u dont have tempest atk.speed buff , u atk so slow that it doesnt matter how far u are 

12.Poison Bomb Firing = remove the def penalty or make it a CAD buff instead of dmg buff 

13.Shock Firing = i think this stun should have atleast 5 second duration , some ppl say its instant but it is not  , there is 1 sec delay/preparation timer during launching of the skill ( ranger has only 2x stuns  and both of them got high CD and short duration ) + we all  know that after casting a skill on a long range physical class there is 1 sec delay before u start auto attacking again ( atleast that's the case for ranger  )  so casting skills + attacking highly reduces the chance for ranger to deal dmg and survive at the same time ( that's why long range stun should be 5 second atleast so ranger can do atleast some dmg in pvp before he dies ( also stun range + auto atk range arent the ame ) long range stun range  always  has higher range  than auto attack  range unless u have FULL DEX jewels and longe range buffs popped at the same time ) so if u worry about stunning tha target and killing it imediatelly that wont happen 

14.Head Shot = well 3 sec casting ? ur gonna die before u cast that skill , make it atleast 1.5 second ? also the success rate of that skill is like 20 % , very bad skill 

Well as u can see i didnt mention the rest of the Ranger skills because they are kinda useless .

First job attack skills should be removed or replaced with AOE DAMAGE OVER TIME , just like Shadow Runner .

Second Job attack Skills and Evasion debuff skill  i think they could be replaced with some kind of HP REGEN  / ATK.SPEED type of buff for a set duration with DNA to increase the duration .

A pet with STUN IMMUNITY  ( like Dominator )  is kinda necessary if we want Ranger to have a slight chance in pvp vs (  Assassin's . Warlord's , Zerk's , Druids ( cause they stunlock you and u die before u do anything , just like any other class ) but other classes got heals , etc skills so yea Ranger needs alot  of improvements :(

I hope someone reads this long post lol 

#2 ElfLord

ElfLord

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 499 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:28 AM

1.Sniper's Coolness = should remain the same

Ok

2.Escape = maybe lower it down to 10 second CD ? also 2nd Escape skill would be really usefull just like Assassin's Dash but ofc with 10 sec CD not less , because ranger is the weakest pvp class in the game for already idk 8 years ? , i started playing 2008

No

3.Weapon Upgrade = this skill is very good and should remain the same + DNA should be the same

Ok

4.Diversionary Firing = fails alot need higher success chance

No

5.Smoke Shell Firing = fails alot need higher success chance ( kinda useless skill )

Ok

6.Uppercut = overall a good close range stun but needs a lower cooldown maybe 10 sec or so

No

7.Launcher Weapon Mastery = long range atk passive but could be better ( higher dmg bonus or can be changed into CAD passive )

No cad

8.Repairing Launcher = main atk dmg buff skill , should remain the same

Ok

9.Stealth Detection = should remain the same

Ok

10.Fixed Firing = should remain the same but the buff SHOULD LAST EVEN if u get hit by SPELLS ( auto attacks doesnt cancel the buff ) so spells shouldnt cancel it aswell

Ok

11.Range Extension should remain the same but shouldnt decrease the atk.speed by 1 sec , ur basically useless if you pop Range Extension especially if u dont have tempest atk.speed buff , u atk so slow that it doesnt matter how far u are

Ok

12.Poison Bomb Firing = remove the def penalty or make it a CAD buff instead of dmg buff

No

13.Shock Firing = i think this stun should have atleast 5 second duration , some ppl say its instant but it is not , there is 1 sec delay/preparation timer during launching of the skill ( ranger has only 2x stuns and both of them got high CD and short duration ) + we all know that after casting a skill on a long range physical class there is 1 sec delay before u start auto attacking again ( atleast that's the case for ranger ) so casting skills + attacking highly reduces the chance for ranger to deal dmg and survive at the same time ( that's why long range stun should be 5 second atleast so ranger can do atleast some dmg in pvp before he dies ( also stun range + auto atk range arent the ame ) long range stun range always has higher range than auto attack range unless u have FULL DEX jewels and longe range buffs popped at the same time ) so if u worry about stunning tha target and killing it imediatelly that wont happen

Hell no. But I'm willing to think about 4 seconds

14.Head Shot = well 3 sec casting ? ur gonna die before u cast that skill , make it atleast 1.5 second ? also the success rate of that skill is like 20 % , very bad skill

No

Well as u can see i didnt mention the rest of the Ranger skills because they are kinda useless .
First job attack skills should be removed or replaced with AOE DAMAGE OVER TIME , just like Shadow Runner .

Why? It's a ranger not an sr? So no.

Second Job attack Skills and Evasion debuff skill i think they could be replaced with some kind of HP REGEN / ATK.SPEED type of buff for a set duration with DNA to increase the duration .

No. This is a ranger not sr

A pet with STUN IMMUNITY ( like Dominator ) is kinda necessary if we want Ranger to have a slight chance in pvp vs ( Assassin's . Warlord's , Zerk's , Druids ( cause they stunlock you and u die before u do anything , just like any other class ) but other classes got heals , etc skills so yea Ranger needs alot of improvements :(

What? Seriously what? Hell no. No. No this is a ranger what are you doing

I hope someone reads this long post lol

Long post, most of it was silly. Not the way ranger should go at all.

#3 emrah1

emrah1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationCloud9

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:18 PM

u said no to everything new i suggested lel ,,, 2bad u guys wont even give a chance ranger to be a pvp class 

thaks for replying tho 

#4 ElfLord

ElfLord

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 499 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:36 PM

u said no to everything new i suggested lel ,,, 2bad u guys wont even give a chance ranger to be a pvp class
thaks for replying tho

I'm down for making ranger more pvp capable
But defintely not in any method you suggested here.

#5 VanBalzac

VanBalzac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Hamerine

Posted 11 October 2016 - 05:50 AM

maybe some range increasement is enough

will keep the personality and will become more attractive to play

increse in 5m range extension 

increse 5m fixed fire (change slow movement for a  bind )

#6 emrah1

emrah1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationCloud9

Posted 11 October 2016 - 08:55 PM

maybe some range increasement is enough

will keep the personality and will become more attractive to play

increse in 5m range extension 

increse 5m fixed fire (change slow movement for a  bind )

yes new binding skill would be nice but they are afraid to give ranger a better stun or binding skill or buff ranger in a  nice way  cuz nobody wants to play vs skilled ranger anyway , they want their OP magic classes to lurk around  without  any chance to get beat down  , not to mention that ranger cant win any duels vs melee classes  due to lack of stun immunity or good crowd control or single target control 

Edited by emrah1, 11 October 2016 - 08:56 PM.

#7 blankname1234

blankname1234

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:29 AM

imo ranger/sr biggest fault are their long casting time skills that force them to go AA

- hunter's strike: change it to lvl 1-28 and fixed 2.5 sec cooldown (it does ridiculous damage anyways). hunters need one lvl 1 spammable knuckles skill otherwise they are forced to launcher only from the beginning, when this class is supposed to use both weapons (just like rogues use claws/duals and crossbow)

- add another knuckles-only attack skill, if possible. i suggest a lvl 15 stun with only 1 or 2 sec duration

- escaping: make it compatible with knuckles too. seriously, almost all skills are for launcher-only it makes no sense

- split knuckles-only skills and those that are compatible with both weapons: high concentration->sniper's cooldown->escaping?->weapon upgrade | hunter's strike->new skill?->knuckle mastery

- explosion trap: remove dna and make its cooldown 18-5 sec by default (just like previously with dna). avengers need 50 freaking dna points just to max the 4 trap skills, and this is by far the worst one

- uppercut: cooldown 40->20 sec. its a 5m range stun with only 1-3 sec duration, 40 seconds is crazy

- shock firing: casting time 1.5->1.0 sec, cooldown 34->30 sec (or less), +2% success chance and limit dna to lvl 5 (lvl 10 skill 85% and lvl 5 dna +15%)

- poison bomb firing: make the defense reduction values match the attack increase ones (eg: lvl 10 with dna +226 attack, -226 defense) OR change it into an offensive debuff skill ^^ (all values would need to be tweaked tho)

- range extension: limit it to +0.5 attack speed (+0.1 every 2 lvls) OR remove the attack speed penalty completely (not sure if a good idea)

- fixed firing: reduce cooldown to 14.5->1.0 sec so we can keep switching it on/off (just like druid transformations)

- head shot: casting time 3.0->1.5 sec, hp -50%->-25%, success chance 50%->75%

- and finally, attack skills that need their casting time to be reduced/removed in order to be worth using:

# piercing strike 1.0 -> instant

# multi-firing 1.0 -> instant

# sighting shot 1.0 -> instant

# tear bomb firing 1.0 -> instant

# diversionary firing 1.0 -> 0.5

# smoke shell firing 1.0 -> 0.5

# bombing 1.5 -> 1.0

# high-angle firing 1.5 -> 1.0 (change dna to -0.1 per lvl)

# chemical bomb firing 1.0 -> 0.5

#8 VanBalzac

VanBalzac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:52 AM

yes new binding skill would be nice but they are afraid to give ranger a better stun or binding skill or buff ranger in a  nice way  cuz nobody wants to play vs skilled ranger anyway , they want their OP magic classes to lurk around  without  any chance to get beat down  , not to mention that ranger cant win any duels vs melee classes  due to lack of stun immunity or good crowd control or single target control 

noo 

u got me wrong , fixed fire got slow as penality i tell about make ranger bind  on field wihen use this skill 

i think atk speed  penality is too much in range extension , but if increse range a bit more looks intersting 

ranger was good in old times but range extension  with atk speed penality make most of  plpls stop invest on this class couse is better invest in a op mage class with heals ,aoes ,2 sec cd  single target skills ,area stuns and fear (good to farm ,good to raids good pvp )

i no think ranger is bad now ,he just is not actractive to play 

all prefer a complete  classe to play

all options i see to make ranger looks better  :

increse range 

long range silence single target (i no like head shot skill maybe reduct % hp/mp and silence enemy) 

a  long range defense debuff 

ranger have to be  a long range class 

climb a mountain and shoot them all 

Edited by VanBalzac, 12 October 2016 - 11:42 AM.

#9 Vulpes93

Vulpes93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Server:Nova

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:56 AM

because ranger is the weakest pvp class in the game for already idk 8 years ?   , i started playing 2008 

Bro, there weren't any rangers in 2008 because there wasn't even such a race as Xenoa  :(

Edited by Vulpes93, 12 October 2016 - 08:56 AM.

#10 ElfLord

ElfLord

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 499 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:38 AM

Bro, there weren't any rangers in 2008 because there wasn't even such a race as Xenoa :(

Aye no, using facts is no good man! You have to use your feelings!

#11 SandySandman

SandySandman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:19 AM

Ranger is all about the AA not really about the Skills.

Reducing the CD of a Stun or Slow will improve the Class no doubt. Adding some sort of CC or Escape will help Rangers sure.

But it won`t improve the AA Feature itself.

So how to bring back some impact from the AA System on the Battlefields?

Well most easy task would be that all Classes have to rely on AA because they should run out of MP much faster.

So in S1 each Class had AA Skills. This could be reconsidered as well. 

Speaking in general here.

For me the actually MP System is nonsense, Items with more MP stats are not attractive at all.

I think , the MP Leach or remove skills should be much more powerful so that all Classes should have to rely on AA at some Point of Time , in the Battlefield special in longer fights.

Radiants or other Supporter could refresh their Allys if needed and there could be even some sort of new evolved Pot crafting.

Edited by SandySandman, 12 October 2016 - 11:22 AM.

#12 VanBalzac

VanBalzac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:44 AM

AA + DoT looks a good combination 

but DoT was useles with mistic heal totems  :wacko:

Edited by VanBalzac, 12 October 2016 - 11:50 AM.

#13 emrah1

emrah1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationCloud9

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:54 AM

Aye no, using facts is no good man! You have to use your feelings!

it does not change the fact that ranger is the weakest class for PVP and im pretty sure ur ideas aint better than mine  . if so let us hear them  - i dont want to see new ranger skills without the dev's or ppl representing them discuss  it at forums ,

Edited by emrah1, 14 October 2016 - 07:28 AM.

#14 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:41 AM

how bout this...
give ranger...
Passives

DRAIN -.3*(hit damage) for 3 sec, ticking every sec. a higher number cancels out lower dot.

HINDER - applies a debuf on hit (up to 10) removing 2% of defense. effectively becoming a soccer kick.

Edited by sonemere, 08 November 2016 - 02:36 AM.

#15 ElfLord

ElfLord

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 499 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:40 PM

how bout this...
give ranger...
Passives

DRAIN -.3*(hit damage) for 3 sec, ticking every sec. a higher number cancels out lower dot.

HINDER - applies a debuf on hit (up to 10) removing .5% of defense. effectively becoming a soccer kick.

Honestly I love the second one

I also want ranger to have chance to proc effects on hitting

So like
10% chance to reduce enemy hp by 15%
10% chance to silence for 3 seconds
10% chance to slow for 5 seconds -4 ms
20% chance to ???

And leveling the skill increases the chance and the effect

#16 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:23 AM

Honestly I love the second one

I also want ranger to have chance to proc effects on hitting

So like
10% chance to reduce enemy hp by 15%
10% chance to silence for 3 seconds
10% chance to slow for 5 seconds -4 ms
20% chance to ???

And leveling the skill increases the chance and the effect

all of what u like would have to be passives. and 3-5 passives in ranger would only truly help the class the way its supposed to be played.

HINDER - applies a debuf on hit (up to 10) removing 2% of defense. effectively becoming a soccer kick.

dna on hinder could be applying more stacks of the debuf. that way a player could choose say 5 dna for hinder. they would get 5 stacks etc. in the process they would have a chance to remove 5 buffs from a player. all of that being passive so a ranger does not have to waste precious time spamming skills.

i like the idea of silence and slow passive. if slow passive was added would make sense to move diversionary firing to another class. (give zerk another ranged slow =o )

20% chance to remove 10-30% of cad/scad.

pretty sure that just made ranger awesome as hell.

removing enemy %hp is useless when there are better creative means to achieve that goal.

Edited by sonemere, 08 November 2016 - 02:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users