Gathering Info. Battlesquare Crashing Client issue. - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Gathering Info. Battlesquare Crashing Client issue.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:52 AM

Myself, and some others have been getting random crashes during Battlesquares. I don't know all the details but I've witnessed my client totally freezing before closing out completely. I've seen and heard of this happening to several players during busier BattleSquare times.

Anyone got any information on why and how this is happening? Be nice to get the information needed for devs to look into this properly.

#2 ok121

ok121

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:47 PM

twins

#3 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:46 PM

twins

It isn't twins as far as I can tell. Twins dc happens in duels and pvp mode. It pretty much never happens in Battlesquare.

#4 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:42 PM

Well I went bsq yday and crashed with 4 seconds left when about to win. A guildie in the same game crashed at about the same time. Didn't have too much traffic on the screen.

#5 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 15 October 2016 - 12:05 AM

Can you please check if you have a file looking similar to "dragonsaga.exe_20161013232111.log" in the folder "Release/Log/Exception" from the time and date you crashed?

If this file contains a section "[Call Stack Information]" with informations below it would be helpful to get these infos by PM.

#6 Akenoko

Akenoko

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 October 2016 - 06:34 AM

Also happend to me 3 times now in just 1 battlesquare >.<
I send you a PM^^

#7 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 11:51 AM

Thank you very much for all your help and sending me the log files.

I greatly appreciate your patience regarding this issue.

The log files helped me locating where the crash is happening but not in which situation.

Any clues on the situation would be useful.

I will keep you updated on the progress of fixing the bug.

#8 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 12:21 PM

I keep hearing twins being mentioned but those twin based pvp bugs were associated with abnormal client dcs and never outright client crashes

#9 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 01:05 PM

There is a high chance that I found the problem, however it's not easy to reproduce because it seems that it needs a crowded server to be triggered.

I will ask for a maintenance on Monday. Sadly I can't do anything over the weekend - even though I would like to,

Thank you very much for your understanding and patience and I apologize greatly for the inconvenience this causes. I hope with the fix the problem will be gone.

Thanks again for your help on this matter.

#10 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:21 AM

There is a high chance that I found the problem, however it's not easy to reproduce because it seems that it needs a crowded server to be triggered.

I will ask for a maintenance on Monday. Sadly I can't do anything over the weekend - even though I would like to,

Thank you very much for your understanding and patience and I apologize greatly for the inconvenience this causes. I hope with the fix the problem will be gone.

Thanks again for your help on this matter.

What about the twin dc issue? It happens in pvp rooms with both low or high amount of players. Very high chance when casting powerfist in the beginning, but not sure if that has anything to do with it since you can go for a long time spamming it without dcing at all, most players that dc usually say they dced when they used powerfist.

Edited by Agitodesu, 16 October 2016 - 10:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users