Will skill bugs ever be fixed? What is being done about it? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Will skill bugs ever be fixed? What is being done about it?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 15 October 2016 - 02:34 PM

Can we get an update to see if these bugs that the community has compiled are even being looked at? 

https://forums.warpp...issing-patches/

I posted in the "Things that bother us" thread. I've tried pming Campitor who still hasn't even read it (although that one doesn't surprise me, he probably gets millions of messages). I am consistently seeing no mentions of whats being done about these in any threads, or the weekly maintenance posts. 

I went to school for game design and have a fairly decent understanding of the time and complexity it takes to fix some of these bugs. Some of these bugs are so simple to fix, that it is mind boggling why they have not despite being brought up by players countless times over and over and over . . . . How is Gravity ok with not fixing these? Do they just have them on such low priority that they don't care. Some of these are quite severe bugs that render skills useless. Hell, Mado Mechs have party buff issues like no tomorrow. 

Look, I love this game, but it is just so frustrating when bugs are not fixed which hinder my ability to play the game as it should be. I seriously hate having my only decent aoe skill completely rendered damn near useless due to a lack of changing a ' + ' to a ' * ' in the formula for a skill. 

All I'm saying is that getting these bugs fixed really need to be elevated. You are talking about getting more power and the fact KRO is paying more attention. I seriously hope you use that to get these bugs fixed. 

From yours truly, 

an Old RO Veteran who is almost as angry as a Moogle. 

#2 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:notRO

Posted 15 October 2016 - 02:50 PM

We should also compile a list of posts like this that have been ignored in the past, it'd probably break the forums if its ever posted.

Maybe people like you that know how to fix bugs and stuff should also provide the solution on how to fix those bugs, yes I know you would be doing their job but I see

no other way(That's if they read the pm or post containing said solutions).

We can only live in hope they will fix them one day...

#3 iNeedFluffs

iNeedFluffs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1651 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 October 2016 - 04:58 PM

gud luck tryin to get them to fix that we r years behind lel

#4 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir

Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:18 PM

Indeed, if you have the heart for it, it would be nice if you can provide the fix for these bugs (the easy ones or anything within your ken) by showing the CM team the exact way on how to do it so they could just follow the steps you provide them. Or maybe a collaboration between you and WP for that matter... The community will be so grateful to you.^^ Unfortunately, as Aizenath mentioned, you'll be doing their job and won't even get paid for it (most probably, but who knows?).

Edited by ROCKheir, 16 October 2016 - 07:51 PM.

#5 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:36 AM

Well I reported to VMod that the Perfect Tablature formula got fixed in the new episode weeks ago. (I silently posted about it in one of the maintenance threads, to know the exact week (or week earlier, idk))

#6 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:52 AM

im annoyed the BB gutter lines is still a thing

#7 Moogle

Moogle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1289 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 07:39 AM

Getting gravity to fix any skill or anything, for that matter, is pretty much wishful thinking.  During the Dev Team Q&A, the "new" chief manager of Ragnarok Studios stated, "Im hopeful we will have a bug fix update this upcoming october."  My gut feeling tells me that you take his word with a grain a salt.  I dont have high hopes in the patch coming in time and fixing the tons and tons of bugs thats been plaguing RO for many many years.  If they really care about iRO, we should have gotten tons of the bugs fixed a long time ago, not to mention all the missing updates we dont have either.

#8 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 16 October 2016 - 07:40 PM

Indeed. I've posted bug reports before and I don't think I've ever gotten a direct response. I'm not certain how certain bugs are allowed to be released, or are never fixed. 

I currently work in the gaming industry and we go through whole testing processes simplified to the following.

1. A team discusses what features need to exist in a game, or what things need to be adjusted/fixed.

2. The engineer makes a feature or a fix. More complicated features are designed by multiple people to ensure optimal design.

3. Then a review engineer reviews the actual code for that feature/fix. He tests it.

4. A team completely dedicated to testing tests the game. Features have directly stated goals/desired effects so testing is not a guess & check process.

5. Sometimes the boss will check things pertaining to the appearance of the game. 

If a bug if found after release (which rarely happens, however, it happens to the best of us), immediate action is taken to resolve the issue. The keyword is IMMEDIATE. 

1. Bug is assessed. Minor bugs may be allowed to remain unless game has to come back for major revision (perhaps one tiny piece of text is blurry, or a little small but nothing game breaking)

2. If bug is major, games can be taken off market (not all games have as severe or easy to fix bugs).

I am not certain what bug process or testing they do, however, it appears quite unstructured. Else we wouldn't have had the Enriched Rates bug during the event. 

This leads me to wonder what exactly is going on. Only way I can see is that one or more of the following exist.

1. KRO does not take as extensive testing procedure when it comes to IRO. IRO gets their client from KRO to the best of my knowledge. 

2. IRO is so understaffed that they don't have time to test everything. 

3. IRO is so understaffed they don't have time to listen and act accordingly to bugs found during their player testing phase (Sakray). This would be the most saddening because they essentially are having free testers. And trust me, testing a game cost a lot of money. 

4. And the less likely but for the hopeful, IRO, despite being loaded, are actually asking for these bug fixes but KRO doesn't care enough to actually take the time to make a + into a *, or whatever minor fixes that could be applied to fix these bugs. However, nobody knows due to a lack of communication between IRO staff and community regarding these manners. Perhaps it is because it might be detrimental to them or certain people for them to say KRO is ignoring their requests. 

So, I worry that even if I were provided the source code, came up with a fix that was verifiable, thoroughly tested, IRO would either not notice, or KRO would ignore them. 

While this is a very pessimistic view, it is rightly so in my opinion. 

#9 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 07:57 PM

It's more sad if you see the expanded class bugs,we already s***** comparing with 3rd classes and we are the classes with most skills not working as indeed.

I wish we could, at least, get simple fixes like Animations (i'm waiting since Rebel launch for the damn Slug Shot,Dragon Tail,etc. animations).

Well,i already lost my hope.

Edited by Hissis, 16 October 2016 - 07:58 PM.

#10 iNeedFluffs

iNeedFluffs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1651 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:42 PM

the doram awakening when

#11 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:23 PM

its more so a korean thing of admitting you made a mistake / wrong in this case a bug is the end of the world for the head of the studio

another problem is quite a few korean devs that the west has managed to interview or whatnot from has stated they can't fix old content because it doesn't directly draw money / players so they are forced to always be making new content to push on

most recent example i can think of was KoG Games saying exactly this the closure of Grand Chase

#12 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:51 PM

That is slightly depressing. I hope that KRO doesn't have the same mentality and is not willing to fix what they broke/failed to make in the first place.  I am hoping by shedding some light and saying, hey people, lets make this higher priority, KRO and IRO will sneak in a few fixes here and there each weak. Some of these bugs are quite simple to fix yet go neglected. And when I say simple, somebody with no programming knowledge can look at it and say, no, that is wrong.  But perhaps I am wasting my time with my wishful prodding. 

#13 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:49 PM

kRO has tackled some of the most minor of skill bugs randomly for the last 2 years. Unfortunately it's only things like fixing waterball still dealing damage after the caster dies, grand cross not hitting multiple targets if they are on the same cell, changing the entire formula to cart revolution because of a potential bug, and and other miniscule issues.

Edited by Toxn, 18 October 2016 - 05:50 PM.

#14 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:47 PM

Main issue with kRO is that a lot of problems that are existing right now were written by dev team that doesn't work on RO anymore. When they made switch to Gung Ho, a lot of developer went with Mr, Lee, and made Granado Espada or whatever that is, and Tree of whom we shall not speak of. Transition wasn't very smooth, which left them with loads of bugs that aren't being maintained. 

kRO still try their best to fix major bugs now and then, but they only do it by higher demand in jRO or kRO population. iRO doesn't get considered usually because its revenue is not as big as other region. Now they have Tree of whom we shall not speak of in their arse in Japan, its more difficult to focus on bugs. Instead, they have to dish out more cute hats and cuter sprites like Doram and Doram Baby. 

Another thing is that small fixes comes in bulk for us and its always being lefted out.

Edited by CharAznable, 18 October 2016 - 06:48 PM.

#15 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:52 PM

i thought they left because imca didnt agree with samsung's ideals with the game 

#16 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:58 PM

RO was co-developed by Sonori and Gravity, but Mr. Lee screwed the stock and was taken by other company in 2004. Shortly after the incident, rest of the member left the company after it was sold to Gung Ho. It was never owned by IMCA or Samsung.

#17 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:02 PM

Wait a second, Lee Myung-jin left Gravity along with the original team?

#18 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:06 PM

yeah i always thought samsung bought out gravity after some giant mess up o well must of read wrong

#19 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:08 PM

I meant the Mr. Kim. Oops

#20 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:18 PM

I thought it was Arcturus that Gravity collaborated with Sonnori on, not RO.

http://www.hardcoreg...any-sonnori.htm

#21 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:25 PM

GFC engine was developed by Sonori and Gravity(although Gravity takes more part in that). That's main reason why I consider it co-developed. 

Edit: Funny I have played most of those games back in the day. Astonishia Story and Forgotten Saga was really amazing game. 

Edited by CharAznable, 18 October 2016 - 07:28 PM.

#22 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:13 AM

if Gravity was bought out by samsung, then Samsung would most likely be trying to sell it off right now to make up for the losses they incured from all the explosive galaxy note 7's.

#23 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:14 AM

If people wanted their voices to be heard there is still emailing the korean support there.

Edited by PervySageMarty, 19 October 2016 - 08:18 AM.

#24 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:47 AM

Main issue with kRO is that a lot of problems that are existing right now were written by dev team that doesn't work on RO anymore. When they made switch to Gung Ho, a lot of developer went with Mr, Lee, and made Granado Espada or whatever that is, and Tree of whom we shall not speak of. Transition wasn't very smooth, which left them with loads of bugs that aren't being maintained. 

kRO still try their best to fix major bugs now and then, but they only do it by higher demand in jRO or kRO population. iRO doesn't get considered usually because its revenue is not as big as other region. Now they have Tree of whom we shall not speak of in their arse in Japan, its more difficult to focus on bugs. Instead, they have to dish out more cute hats and cuter sprites like Doram and Doram Baby. 

Another thing is that small fixes comes in bulk for us and its always being lefted out.

How many problems they have? 

I Mean,There are a lot of bugs since 2014,reported 54684848484 times and still no fix for them.They should at least fix the important ones,we could have more people enjoying x,y classes or builds (= more money for gravity)

I'm waiting since 175 patch for the flip tatami fix/camouflage fix; One month ~ after the rebel launch i reported so many bugs and still no fix for them.

Even when they fix (I Know kRO fixed flip tatami last year),they keep delaying those fixes for no reason. Sometimes i want to somehow dowload kRO and check if they have the same bugs or everything is already fixed(which means they are really bad as DEV for not sending the fixes).

#25 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:09 AM

How many problems they have?

I Mean,There are a lot of bugs since 2014,reported 54684848484 times and still no fix for them.They should at least fix the important ones,we could have more people enjoying x,y classes or builds (= more money for gravity)

I'm waiting since 175 patch for the flip tatami fix/camouflage fix; One month ~ after the rebel launch i reported so many bugs and still no fix for them.

Even when they fix (I Know kRO fixed flip tatami last year),they keep delaying those fixes for no reason. Sometimes i want to somehow dowload kRO and check if they have the same bugs or everything is already fixed(which means they are really bad as DEV for not sending the fixes).

Lets put it in a different perspective,

Say you run a business that generates material 'XXX' and it wasnt selling very well. You then start selling shares to your company and particular entrepreneurs buy into your company, at a point that 70% shares are owned by these entrepreneurs. These entrepreneurs are also interested in material 'XXX' and invest heavily into it.

one particular consumer of material 'XXX' requests more of this product, but your company notices that figures for this particular consumer of material 'XXX' does not ever seem to meet the quota of sales. Meanwhile all entrepreneurs want more material 'XXX' and are willing to pay more for it.

In this case scenario who would you be pandering more to? The entrepreneur's who hold major shares in your company and are willinv to pay more or the consumer that markets your material 'XXX' but never can seem to meet the expected target quota you need?

This in no way is whats happening between kRO and iRO:jRO nor am i implying it. I just simply put out an ethical dilemma of the capitalist variety.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users