Will skill bugs ever be fixed? What is being done about it? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Will skill bugs ever be fixed? What is being done about it?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#26 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:22 AM

Lets put it in a different perspective,

Say you run a business that generates material 'XXX' and it wasnt selling very well. You then start selling shares to your company and particular entrepreneurs buy into your company, at a point that 70% shares are owned by these entrepreneurs. These entrepreneurs are also interested in material 'XXX' and invest heavily into it.

one particular consumer of material 'XXX' requests more of this product, but your company notices that figures for this particular consumer of material 'XXX' does not ever seem to meet the quota of sales. Meanwhile all entrepreneurs want more material 'XXX' and are willing to pay more for it.

In this case scenario who would you be pandering more to? The entrepreneur's who hold major shares in your company and are willinv to pay more or the consumer that markets your material 'XXX' but never can seem to meet the expected target quota you need?

This in no way is whats happening between kRO and iRO:jRO nor am i implying it. I just simply put out an ethical dilemma of the capitalist variety.

I know what you mean but 2 ~ 4  years to delivery a bug fix is stupid,even if iRO revenue is low (and as far as i know is not).

Not allowing Camp or another GM to fix this bug is even more stupid.

#27 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:36 AM

GFC engine was developed by Sonori and Gravity(although Gravity takes more part in that). That's main reason why I consider it co-developed.

Why call the engine Aegis if it's essentially GFG 2.0?

#28 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:45 AM

I know what you mean but 2 ~ 4 years to delivery a bug fix is stupid,even if iRO revenue is low (and as far as i know is not).

Not allowing Camp or another GM to fix this bug is even more stupid.

Well this all falls in with how the world works with consent and legal rights.

I mean it could be that as its a bug originating from kRO itself there are legal rights that kRO is the only one allowed to rectify the bug, with time at their discretion. Similar to samsung and the galaxy note 7.

It could also be the P&P's manual that came with the admin tools stating what we are allowed to modify/add/change states we arent allowed to use the tools to fix bugs.

Well koreans.....im not biased.

#29 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:53 AM

Is it not code name and product name respectively?

#30 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:24 AM

AEGIS refers to the server side software.

GFC 2.0 is the game engine used by the game's client.

Edited by Toxn, 19 October 2016 - 11:24 AM.

#31 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:38 PM

AEGIS refers to the server side software.
GFC 2.0 is the game engine used by the game's client.

So when Aegis was stolen, they also took GFC 2.0?

#32 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:53 PM

AEGIS stores all the server information, which recalls any information inputted from your client using GFC. Every file you need is in your client, server only recalls them so they stores the information, and responses to your actions. When they got hacked, all the information was revealed for users to make private server, which then eAthena was born. 

Edit: GFC engine is your very client. 

Edited by CharAznable, 19 October 2016 - 03:54 PM.

#33 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 05:09 PM

Interesting. I hear people say that storing data server-side is more secure, but the downside is that it takes more time for clients to receive data so people experience lag. What would be an optimum way for RO to run smoothly (if the developers decide they want to fix that)?

#34 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 October 2016 - 05:43 PM

ro actually runs extremely smooth ( try fRO, jRO, kRO, pservers etc) it's just iRO that has problems for whatever possible reason

http://www.ragnarokeurope.com/

play for a day and wonder why iro is so bad lul

Edited by needmorezleep, 19 October 2016 - 05:44 PM.

#35 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:09 PM

I used to play kRO from east coast. It was horrible experience. With or without VPN its beyond belief. Server being in west coast, and having multi countries sending signals, its inevitable to have an awful server. 

#36 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:40 PM

Is there some hidden way of getting a response regarding this matter from the mods? They do report these thing up the chain I'm assuming. 

I've tried being as polite as possible, kindly nudging reminders in various related posts that go over updates/what to expect. I've tried pming. 

Is there a hidden ban on talking about skill bugs from the moderators?

Any thoughts on other various methods to say hey, make this a priority? I know the legend FaceKiller has an ability to summon certain important people, as demonstrated from one post I saw of his.  :D.  The thought occurred to me, we could start sending in tickets. Not sure if that would actually help; but it would add another place of documentation. Send in a ticket for each bug from each person. Show them the community wants fixes. 

#37 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:29 AM

It would be best to hear the follow up from Campitor, but from what I have seen, things do get reported to kRo devs. Reminders do get sent too, all what can be done from iRo end is to WAIT patiently. A very good example is the Costume Amistr Bag sprite bug, the issue was reported in a timely manner, possible fixes were sent and are undergoing testing. I don't know how one may improve this but to be honest, reports are being handled much faster than the previous years.

#38 powerhausman

powerhausman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:40 AM

It would be best to hear the follow up from Campitor, but from what I have seen, things do get reported to kRo devs. Reminders do get sent too, all what can be done from iRo end is to WAIT patiently. A very good example is the Costume Amistr Bag sprite bug, the issue was reported in a timely manner, possible fixes were sent and are undergoing testing. I don't know how one may improve this but to be honest, reports are being handled much faster than the previous years.

ok. how bout flip tatami?

#39 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:02 AM

that had been reported long since it was known. kRO just doesnt let us fix it.

#40 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:33 AM

ok. how bout flip tatami?

Going by the reports, Flip Tatami should block long-range physical attacks, that portion is not in effect however. If anyone is kind enough to test it out this week with skills of that criteria it would help to follow up on the issue.

Don't get me wrong, bug testing should be handled by the appropriate staff but there have been incidents of collected inaccurate reports. In-game reports should be clear, not abbreviated, with screenshots if possible, and a brief explanation of the intended mechanics. More reading on sending bug reports can be found here.

powerhausman, no details on Flip Tatami report status but I will note this matter to Campitor to look into later today.

#41 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:38 AM

Flip Tatami lost it's long range immunity effect on the 175 patch, loooong ago. Also it got updated on kRO to give the effect on a 3x3 aoe around the user for the same duration it lasts on the user. Kinda like a pneuma.

#42 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:45 AM

Thank you Ashuckel, do you happen to know the implementation date of the new effect on kRo?

#43 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:47 AM

CharAznable mentioned it here on forums a while ago, i never checked when exactly was that. iroWiki forums probably has it on the kRO patch notes section

#44 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:05 AM

Appended the info to the report thread here.

Requested a follow up on the skill bugs fixes thread: Done.

Right now, promises can't be made but let's be patient a little while and see how things unfold for the day!

Edited by VModCinnamon, 27 October 2016 - 04:10 AM.

#45 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:10 AM

Don't get me wrong, bug testing should be handled by the appropriate staff but there have been incidents of collected inaccurate reports. In-game reports should be clear, not abbreviated, with screenshots if possible, and a brief explanation of the intended mechanics. 

Wouldn't be much of a problem if the so called "GAME MASTERS" really have some "mastery" of the game they're managing, or at least invest enough time to play-test each class and newly added content themselves even without prior bug notices from the community...

#46 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:12 AM

The problem is not what game masters know or not/can or cant do. Is what kRO allows iRO to do by themselves

#47 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:24 AM

Ho3$ like me been waiting on answers & fixes for skills like

deep sleep lullaby (i swear its not working as intended)

severe rainstorm position bug

Charming Wink not working

X)

#48 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:30 AM

@Ashuckel: That's true. But my remark was in connection to Cinnamon's statement about the about the unclear/abbreviated stuff in the community's bug reports... the GMs can have an easy grasp of what the community is talking about in their reports if only they immerse themselves in the game enough and sort of place themselves in the shoes of the players.

#49 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:32 AM

*Giggles each time a person thinks Game Master in a MMORPG or any online game setting is responsible for testing content, fixing bugs, play-test and adding new content* In the case of iRO, that would be the job of Campitor the Production/Producer...* But of course to get new content, that has to come from kRO, unless he's free to make his own (which doesn't seem to be the case a the moment)

Or is Campitor a merely a Game Master?

#50 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:46 AM

Going by the reports, Flip Tatami should block long-range physical attacks, that portion is not in effect however. If anyone is kind enough to test it out this week with skills of that criteria it would help to follow up on the issue.

Don't get me wrong, bug testing should be handled by the appropriate staff but there have been incidents of collected inaccurate reports. In-game reports should be clear, not abbreviated, with screenshots if possible, and a brief explanation of the intended mechanics. More reading on sending bug reports can be found here.

powerhausman, no details on Flip Tatami report status but I will note this matter to Campitor to look into later today.

I can record and show videos from kRO as example but what's the point? If we could get 1~3 skills fixed every month or week,i would love to record/screenshot every single bug BUT it's not the case .

It was reported in 2014 (with screenshots) and still no fix or eta.

Flip tatami is just 1 of 39932932093293209 bugs.

Edited by Hissis, 27 October 2016 - 06:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users