Does the emporia war guidelines still apply? - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Does the emporia war guidelines still apply?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:34 AM

https://forums.warpp...war-guidelines/

Multiple guilds don't seem to follow it and there hasn't been any reinforcement for breaking these rules/guidelines. Also have video evidence for a guild that has broken a rule.

#2 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:44 AM

If you have proof I'd definitely say submit the tickets or pm the gm. I saw the video last night of EW he recorded and I saw "They're relogging" in the chat. I noticed a mixture of twin dc's and relogs. Would still work as evidence in my book. Then again I'm not a GM ;3

#3 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:04 AM

the crashing would crash both sides but you can see how one sides full roster of 5 ppl was consistently sill connected while the other side had a roster of 4 ppl consistently dc-ing. Considering how many deaths they had as well the amount of pts they are getting and the time they had between each mission and they time they had to respawn with that many ppl on their side didn't add up at all. 

I also believe it's been reported but want to know if these guidelines actually still apply for us to even bother following up on this issue. These guidelines are old before the server opened to more international players so it's been buried. But time and time again players have been warned by other players that abusing mission rerolls and other abusable EW functions can lead to repercussions but they ignored the warnings. So lets hope these guilds get what they deserve and heed these warnings from now on. 

Edited by ohsnap, 16 October 2016 - 09:08 AM.

#4 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

the crashing would crash both sides but you can see how one sides full roster of 5 ppl was consistently sill connected while the other side had a roster of 4 ppl consistently dc-ing. Considering how many deaths they had as well the amount of pts they are getting and the time they had between each mission and they time they had to respawn with that many ppl on their side didn't add up at all. 

I also believe it's been reported but want to know if these guidelines actually still apply for us to even bother following up on this issue. These guidelines are old before the server opened to more international players so it's been buried. But time and time again players have been warned by other players that abusing mission rerolls and other abusable EW functions can lead to repercussions but they ignored the warnings. So lets hope these guilds get what they deserve and heed these warnings from now on. 

I know the guild that evidence is referring to. Not gonna say names but particular members were always very disrespectful in PvP/EW scenarios. So it could even be intentional.

I feel like with this topic popping up in EW times often I feel reminders must be made and action should be taken. You are correct in that international players must be made aware somehow of the EW rules and guidelines. Some of these players don't even use the forums or other social media to learn of this stuff so In-game it should be at least noted there also. Put the rules in loading screen or something for them to see. You and I have known these rules and been part of these topics and the results of proper reportings long enough but many players here are still 1st-2nd year DS players coming from servers with different opinions or even no enforced rules at all.

The offending guild in question still lost but win or lose the guilds need some reminder that they can't be above consequences.

#5 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 12:47 PM

The only problem is getting proof that's solid enough for the gm to take action. Other than that the rules should be valid still afaik.

It's really problematic to have these kind of rules as fixes to problems since it is hard to make everyone aware of them and very taxing to properly overlook players actions regarding this.

#6 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:15 AM

Ahhh, good ole EW rules being bent and broken again. I love that things never change :')

#7 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:22 AM

Ahhh, good ole EW rules being bent and broken again. I love that things never change :')

Senpai please save us :(

#8 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:24 AM

Yes, Emporia War guidelines still apply.

Regarding the guild that has been breaking the rules for months, we finally have a proof against them : time to act and make these rules useful again.

I also think that displaying the rules of Emporia War somewhere in the game should be done. But still, breaking the rules and saying "I didn't know." is way too easy. I've been playing on this server for a year now, and I have been aware of the rules (by checking forums by myself) in a few weeks.

If the system can't be fixed : make players respecting the rules or let every players breaking them.

#9 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:19 AM

Yes, Emporia War guidelines still apply.

Regarding the guild that has been breaking the rules for months, we finally have a proof against them : time to act and make these rules useful again.

I also think that displaying the rules of Emporia War somewhere in the game should be done. But still, breaking the rules and saying "I didn't know." is way too easy. I've been playing on this server for a year now, and I have been aware of the rules (by checking forums by myself) in a few weeks.

If the system can't be fixed : make players respecting the rules or let every players breaking them.

Relogging for Missions has been a repeated offense throughout this server's course under WarpPortal. I was even part of one of the big OG offenders of this rule (Which arguably was the reason these rules needed to exist amirite ohsnap? =3).

In the match in question, which has video evidence (The best kind for EW really with the right method); The guild had repeatedly relogged and unlike Twin-based disconnections which is the only defending argument, had happened repeatedly. As the OP had said, they had been gaining points unreasonably fast for a guild full of repeatedly "disconnecting" members and the twin argument is shot down by the fact that the connection of the other guild seemed stable aside from 1 abnormal client dc which was not Twin related at all.

The guild in question is a notoriously foul-mouthed and desperate guild. They've been seen doing this before as well as other bad actions in BattleSquares and spamming megaphones, trade chats and repeated harassment of players whom beat them in these activities. It wouldn't be shocking if I was told they had repeatedly broke Emporia Rules. In fact, they call out players "rule-breaking" as well when they do it also so they're aware of the rules existence unlike cases of players without forum access.

#10 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:50 PM

I still think one should be blocked from joining empo after its started. Dc's happen, but there's always the next time.

#11 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:17 PM

I still think one should be blocked from joining empo after its started. Dc's happen, but there's always the next time.

There are still glitches and abnormal client disconnections. You can DC immediately after attacking when the round begins. You can be blocked from attacking core unless you relog. A top seated guild losing to something low brow because vital members lost connection to non connection related issued isn't entirely fair.

Edited by Coolsam, 17 October 2016 - 09:55 PM.

#12 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:36 PM

Blocking the reconnection in Emporia War is not a good idea in my opinion. Why should we prevent fair players to have fun because of unfair players ? I don't think that's the solution, but punishing unfair players that prevent fair players to have fun is one.

We have a community, we have rules. Everyone has to respect the rules or they are meaningless. If some players can break the rules without being punished, why should I respect the rules and keep losing ?

About the guild in question, we all know here what they did, do and will do if nothing changes. As I already said, I hope some decisions will be taken.

#13 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:58 PM

Hello,

I have seen the video evidence and forwarded it to the GM team including a personal comment on it. This kind of decisions are out of my hands because they're not part of my working area. I can only forward things and I am free to add a personal comments if I feel the need to do that. I may not talk about any decisions taken because this is part of their policy to protect involved persons. I have to admit that they don't inform me about every decision they're making but also they don't have to. I mostly get informed about bug usage, exploiting, bugs in general (development stuff) without any informations about involved persons. Why this is done is obvious I think.

Nobody on the forums is able to hand out any informations on any GM team involved matter. If you have questions, complains or concerns regarding anything GM related please submit a ticket. The GM team will give you a policy conform answer but at least your complains and concerns are recorded.

The only thing I am able to suggest regarding this matter is that you record more videos in the same quality like the one I got and give it to me so I can forward it again or you send it directly to the GM team using a support ticket.

I think it's okay to lock this topic now because all relevant informations from your side and my side have been given. The decisions about the case you're talking about is now in the hands of the GM team.

I really appreciate that this topic didn't go out of hands. Thanks for keeping it clean.

Topic locked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users