Running Ragnarok outside of steam (Win 10) - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Running Ragnarok outside of steam (Win 10)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aaron1028

aaron1028

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 12:40 PM

I figured i'd post this because im not sure how many people are aware of it. If it is common knowledge I apologize, but this simple info helped me out a great deal

When I first started playing there was a huge amount of framerate issues and lag, so much so that it became unplayable. I noticed that it started out ok after logging in, but after about 25 min or so the framerate became extremely laggy. Slow mouse movement, slow player movement etc, basically unplayable. I toyed around with common fixes such as running in compatibility mode, windowed mode etc, but nothing worked

Finally I came upon the solution: Simply running the game outside of steam. If you go into the steam folder, locate Ragnarok.exe and just run that.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ragnarok\Ragnarok.exe

This fixed everything and was a huge relief. Im able to even run the game in full screen with minimal problems, and running compatibility mode doesn't seem at all necessary.  Like i said im not sure if this is common knowledge but i figured id post it anyway since it helped me so much

I'm not sure if this would be effective in other versions of windows however, im running Win 10

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:44 AM

People usually just play on the WP client instead of the Steam client because it's just not worth the hassle to use the Steam client to pay for stuff.

#3 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:19 AM

People usually just play on the WP client instead of the Steam client because it's just not worth the hassle to use the Steam client to pay for stuff.

That and the steam client limits to one account and one account ONLY.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users