I would like to understand [GAME RELATED NOTICES] *warning QQ thread* - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

I would like to understand [GAME RELATED NOTICES] *warning QQ thread*

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 diu9leisohai

diu9leisohai

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:55 AM

To WarpPortal admins, GM, or Managers,

I would like to understand what is the reason behind events that are held in iRO without proper announcement and explanations? Some admins/GMs can shout "Huha" in the main eden channel, and announcements like "New costumes"/ "Special Refine Event" are broadcasted twice or more daily, yet you dont take the effort to let others know about the in-game egg event.

WP held a "egg turning in event", which I dont even know what is it called, and in the "Renewal October 20th Maintenance" thread, none of it is being mentioned in the OP. **I know the basic quest procedure**, but in a perspective of a new/uninformed player, you throw in a NPC and gave us 3 or 4 options, no mention of rewards or procedures, What do i get? EXP? Death? Items? Zeny?

"Give me captured monsters", does it mean I kill it and capture it? No where does it mention about egg of any sorts.

**Of course, a seasoned player would know what captured means but c'mon, is it that hard to put in a proper description or instruction?

Why are players being diverted to the forums? You might as well mention in the license page of the official iRO client that participation in the forums is MANDATORY to play the game? Every single announcement/update goes through the forum, is it hard to at least put up an accurate & weekly updated notice in the "Ragnarok.exe" patch client which would direct us to a SINGLE PAGE OF UPDATES for the WEEK?

Oh, let me see, October spotlight-Nifflheim, okay, 15.1 Fantasmagorica, how long has this been up?, developer interview, oh, sure I would like to raise questions about the messy NPC placement and clogging of Eden. WHERE IS THE EVENT INFO? I head to the forum section of "RENEWAL PATCH NOTES" and you PINNED UP 8 THREADS? So I have to skim through 8 threads, amounting to 100 and more pages of posts for game related information? 

Why is it so hard to properly provide information to players without the need of me/us trawling the forums filled with useless post like "free postcounts", "spoilers please", "what is the quest", "why this", "why that"? 
You want us to visit the forum for updates, yet you do not actively clean up the threads and let it be to be filled with redundant and unrelated posts. Not even gonna mention the amount of subforums/threads i have to skim through for other update infos. 

Sincerely,

Player-i-will-not-be-renewing-my-vip-&maybe-giving-out-all-gears-and-5b-zeny. 

BTW, Im personally giving 50M to each player that bumps this thread up to the topmost post every day. (Only constructive bumps and informational posts will be considered).

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:59 AM

THANK YOU!

I'm so glad someone else sees this. Information doesn't reach players, it's been bad.

#3 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:01 AM

GMs don't really play this game so they don't have any idea the value of items or understand how things work. Unfortunately, how they do things is based off of how they've always seen RO been done in the past. I don't think they've seen how other games gets managed.  RO is an old game where the GMs always feel justified doing the random -_- that they do for updating the game or events.

Edited by Demeris, 21 October 2016 - 08:37 AM.

#4 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:03 AM

Spoiler

#5 JGkush

JGkush

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:09 AM

Gms need to give more dedication to the servers in general, classic is a mess! I think you have few people for 3 servers. You really should give Classic to someone that just manages classic. The last classic patchnote (Copy/pasting of Renewal) was a clear demonstration of not caring.

#6 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:10 AM

Fastest way to bring something down....

wile-e-coyote-gravity-lessons.jpg

But not to be too off the topic, I've yelled for years about this very thing and classic? I don't even want to comment on that server :(

#7 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:25 AM

Gms need to give more dedication to the servers in general, classic is a mess! I think you have few people for 3 servers. You really should give Classic to someone that just manages classic. The last classic patchnote (Copy/pasting of Renewal) was a clear demonstration of not caring.

Unfortunately Oda was attempting to post without my notes of what was happening. We couldn't be sure what was able to be implemented because the studio still needed to provide some art assets (for the event) and a new server build (renewal in general). Sadly both didn't arrive in time. The notes next week will return to: https://forums.warpp...tenance-thread/ style of format.

#8 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:32 AM

To WarpPortal admins, GM, or Managers,

I would like to understand what is the reason behind events that are held in iRO without proper announcement and explanations? Some admins/GMs can shout "Huha" in the main eden channel, and announcements like "New costumes"/ "Special Refine Event" are broadcasted twice or more daily, yet you dont take the effort to let others know about the in-game egg event.

WP held a "egg turning in event", which I dont even know what is it called, and in the "Renewal October 20th Maintenance" thread, none of it is being mentioned in the OP. **I know the basic quest procedure**, but in a perspective of a new/uninformed player, you throw in a NPC and gave us 3 or 4 options, no mention of rewards or procedures, What do i get? EXP? Death? Items? Zeny?

"Give me captured monsters", does it mean I kill it and capture it? No where does it mention about egg of any sorts.

**Of course, a seasoned player would know what captured means but c'mon, is it that hard to put in a proper description or instruction?

Why are players being diverted to the forums? You might as well mention in the license page of the official iRO client that participation in the forums is MANDATORY to play the game? Every single announcement/update goes through the forum, is it hard to at least put up an accurate & weekly updated notice in the "Ragnarok.exe" patch client which would direct us to a SINGLE PAGE OF UPDATES for the WEEK?

Oh, let me see, October spotlight-Nifflheim, okay, 15.1 Fantasmagorica, how long has this been up?, developer interview, oh, sure I would like to raise questions about the messy NPC placement and clogging of Eden. WHERE IS THE EVENT INFO? I head to the forum section of "RENEWAL PATCH NOTES" and you PINNED UP 8 THREADS? So I have to skim through 8 threads, amounting to 100 and more pages of posts for game related information? 

Why is it so hard to properly provide information to players without the need of me/us trawling the forums filled with useless post like "free postcounts", "spoilers please", "what is the quest", "why this", "why that"? 
You want us to visit the forum for updates, yet you do not actively clean up the threads and let it be to be filled with redundant and unrelated posts. Not even gonna mention the amount of subforums/threads i have to skim through for other update infos. 

Sincerely,

Player-i-will-not-be-renewing-my-vip-&maybe-giving-out-all-gears-and-5b-zeny. 

BTW, Im personally giving 50M to each player that bumps this thread up to the topmost post every day. (Only constructive bumps and informational posts will be considered).

The patcher should be getting updated every week the a link to the latest patch notes thread. I agree that we should do better with the notes and have updated them with the basic event details. Going forward the patch notes will link to preview posts such as: https://forums.warpp...ming-to-sakray/

#9 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:33 AM

All I would like to know is who is behind this alt account with only two posts. Are you Whitewizard's apprentice? lol

#10 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:38 AM

Would an in game notice browser be something players would check? I could ask the studio to make one.

#11 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:41 AM

that'd be kinda cool, if we could open up the patchnotes through an ingame window.... If there was some direct feed it could go to (browsing the forums in game would be bad)

#12 Javaman144

Javaman144

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:41 AM

mmm.
Give away tho

:ani_slur:

#13 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:44 AM

Would an in game notice browser be something players would check? I could ask the studio to make one.

Totally, especially when you put a quest with some different mechanics and prizes

#14 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:46 AM

that'd be kinda cool, if we could open up the patchnotes through an ingame window.... If there was some direct feed it could go to (browsing the forums in game would be bad)

That or we ask them to make a book named "patch notes" and we just update that every week.

Which is what we could do for classic...

#15 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:49 AM

Books are terrible and with no offense intended would it be as well updated as the serverwide announcements? We were being told about the July lucky box in September....

Edited by Xellie, 21 October 2016 - 08:50 AM.

#16 nheil02

nheil02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:49 AM

yet the announcement about refine event is...

A special refine event is active from 9/28-10/13!

#17 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:12 AM

The patcher has a section for updates, links, and notes. Why not just use that properly instead of building a new thing?

#18 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:34 AM

The patcher has a section for updates, links, and notes. Why not just use that properly instead of building a new thing?

so the patcher loads it's current assets that are on your machine. Then patches it self. So you won't see the latest update to the patcher until the next time you load it.

Example

Patch happens 10/20

You login

Patcher displays 10/13 patch

Patcher down loads 10/20 patch

You play for 4 hours and log out

You login 10/21

Patcher now displays 10/20 patch

#19 JGkush

JGkush

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:36 AM

Unfortunately Oda was attempting to post without my notes of what was happening. We couldn't be sure what was able to be implemented because the studio still needed to provide some art assets (for the event) and a new server build (renewal in general). Sadly both didn't arrive in time. The notes next week will return to: https://forums.warpp...tenance-thread/ style of format.

I totally get how that can happen. Very hard to get all synch'd perfectly when you're a planning something. But, it is really appreciated that you inform us about that kind of stuff. Just so that we don't... you know... lose it. 

Also, i must insist that you probably need another person to take care of Classic. Not saying that you can't do the job Camp. Just think it would be better to get some help. There are too many things to check (In 3 servers)  before each patch and i get how some things can be forgotten without intention.

#20 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:38 AM

so the patcher loads it's current assets that are on your machine. Then patches it self. So you won't see the latest update to the patcher until the next time you load it.

Example
Patch happens 10/20
You login
Patcher displays 10/13 patch
Patcher down loads 10/20 patch
You play for 4 hours and log out
You login 10/21
Patcher now displays 10/20 patch

Does kRO's patcher work better in that regard? Maybe we should switch back to theirs and dump our custom patcher if it's not practical.

#21 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:39 AM

Does kRO's patcher work better in that regard? Maybe we should switch back to theirs and dump our custom patcher if it's not practical.

The original patcher functions exactly the same way but has less widgets and windows.

#22 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:50 AM

I personally like the in game browser-like announcement windows that other games typically have.

If it had the following features, I think it could be extremely valuable to both the players, as well as for Warpportal:
  • A decently sized set of graphics that highlights current events and promotions, and a link to patch notes
  • Links should automatically open up the browser to the full webpage (like for patch notes, or event details)
  • Links to promotional items in the Kafra Shop should automatically open up the kafra shop to that page, to make it easier to find+buy.
  • The pop up should automatically display if there is new information, but should stop automatically displaying if the user has seen it and closed it
  • OR the pop up displays automatically once per day/login (not from switching characters though)
  • Easily closed through an obvious button, or by pressing ESC, or if they take damage (the pop up shouldn't kill people who log in on a dangerous map)
If it's not within the game client itself after logging in, most people just aren't going to see it.

Edited by Tofu, 21 October 2016 - 09:50 AM.

#23 diu9leisohai

diu9leisohai

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

THANK YOU!

I'm so glad someone else sees this. Information doesn't reach players, it's been bad.

Glad a known player like yourself sees the problem here. 

Spoiler

Infoxication causing confusion. Pardon me for my mistake. 

Wasn't aware this is an issue with Classic as well. Hope this thread helps in voicing out. 

Hey Camp,

Glad you are now aware that this is an issue to more than a few of us, it was never my intentions to interfere with studio content updates/creations. I am grateful for the production/studio teams effort on releasing contents back to back, I was never once bored of the game with quests/events going on. 

It is up to the community to decide what they want, I do not speak for all players and would rather not disrupt the upcoming content releases for other players. Webpage or forums is fine, the issue lies on the lack of a single-unified place/portal/page/thread to rely on information. If the playragnarok.com mainpage is being utilized, then all content update and related information should be in that page, and consistently being updated(Once a week is fine). Same goes for any other sources being considered/utilized, I felt that as a player I do not have to open 5 tabs in my web browser just to understand what costumes are being released & if a particular costume is a top/mid/lower headger, along with the current event information, such as rewards, or instructions, it adds up quickly. Without the inclusion of skimming the forum, a player should be able to obtain all related game information in a singular portal/webpage. 

I will leave it up to you and the community to decide whats best for the game, as again, I do not represent the majority. If anything, I'm merely voicing out the flaws that may had been overlooked by the team managing iRO. 

Thank you, appreciate your time as I am aware that you are overseeing most if not all developments that are related to iRO. 

All I would like to know is who is behind this alt account with only two posts. Are you Whitewizard's apprentice? lol

Hi Chakri, another known active forummer, No, I am unrelated to him/her.

If I may say so, I am the kind of "savage" that dislikes participating in civiliize community discussions and performing data mining through skimming the community conversations.

My only purpose of participating in the forums is to see the game move forward, and through providing meaningful feedbacks I can only hope that the remnants of this MMORPG may continue to thrive. 

#24 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:12 AM

The original patcher functions exactly the same way but has less widgets and windows.

Is an automatic close and restart to patcher out of the question? That would then show the new info, right? Most applications already have a "patches/updates self and restarts" like how Steam or Skype work. 

I think a "what's new this week?" window in game is fine (and probably could easily fit in the quest log window), but I suppose my mindset is to simply fix what we have instead of leaving something busted but including a new tool altogether. 

#25 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:15 AM

Is the quest window customizable? There is an underutilized event tab on there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users