Halloween Event SUCKS - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Halloween Event SUCKS

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:52 AM

I believe there will be another Halloween event (just like previous TLPD event), last TLPD event we got fishing quest, tattered maps quest, and air ship something quest.

This Week, we got a Halloween event, turning a pet eggs to a something (candies, cookie, candy transform, and OCA).

This is utter garbage event, compare to the last year Halloween event, we can just simply return 1 Well Baked Cookies to a random transform candy and even low chance rate we can got an OCA.

Who manage this event?, I believe peoples waiting Halloween event for those transform candies, I my self already collect like 60.000 Well Backed Cookies (2 ID each 30.000 Well Baked Cookies), and now this is what I got?.

All those pet egg (tier3) is rare and difficult to catch, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!, I MEAN IT, WHAT KIND OF RETARD HAVING KIND OF IDEA LIKE THIS?!.

HEY, If I was the staff working for Halloween Event, instead of pet egg how about monster card?, so you need to return a monster card in order to unlock the reward.

Example:

•Quev card: after you give the card now you can exchange Pumpkin Lantern to a candy.

•Lude card: after you give the card now you can exchange Piece of Black cloth to a candy cane.

Heirozoist card: after you give the card now you can return Broken Needle to a Pie.

Disguise card: after you give the card to the NPC now you can return Red Muffler to a Well Baked Cookie.

•Gibbet card: after you give the card now you can return Hung Doll to a Blue Transform Candy.

•Dullahan card: after you give the card now you can return helm of Dullahan to a Green Transform Candy.

•Loli Ruri card: after you give the card now you can return Black Cat Doll to Yellow Transform Candy.

Bloody Murderer card: after you give the card now you can return Contorted Self-Portrait to a Yellow Transform Candy.

I really curious what is KRO Halloween event gonna be, but for the person who suggest a Halloween idea to return pet egg to a candies, <>.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 22 October 2016 - 02:02 AM.
Too spicy.

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:09 AM

Without calling names, the event might need a rework that I'd agree with, if not for this round perhaps for next time. Constructive input is encouraged so kindly keep that up.

Not directed at the OP but things like, "This sucks!!!" .. "This is HARD!", etc tells the staff nothing really, so generally it is best to explain why do you feel so.

#3 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:35 AM

Had to read this post while mentally correcting things.

#4 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:40 AM

Without calling names, the event might need a rework that I'd agree with, if not for this round perhaps for next time. Constructive input is encouraged so kindly keep that up.

Not directed at the OP but things like, "This sucks!!!" .. "This is HARD!", etc tells the staff nothing really, so generally it is best to explain why do you feel so.

Where you got this peoples to manage the event?.

OH WAIT2 I know2!!!, how if make it twisted?, can I turn 30 yellow/red/green/blue for that White Lady egg?.

Edited by EdwinKuswanto, 22 October 2016 - 03:01 AM.

#5 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 03:16 AM

Where you got this peoples to manage the event?.

Zombie land, it really exists.

Really though, politely disregarding the cards idea, how would you make this event better?

I'd look into balancing out item value, reward type and the time it takes to finish the quest, but that's just me.

#6 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 03:20 AM

Uhhhh quest guide?

#7 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:09 AM

Really though, politely disregarding the cards idea, how would you make this event better?
I'd look into balancing out item value, reward type and the time it takes to finish the quest, but that's just me.

First of all, I don't think you considered how hard it is to tame a pet. Let alone get taming items for them. Plus the tier 3 rewards are just not value for what you're turning in. I mean, really, a rice ball/miyabi/WL egg for 30pcs something of candy?

#8 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:32 AM

Niflheim is spotlighted maps 2x exp and 2x drop rate, I think peoples can go leveling and collecting the items I was mentioning above, of course once they lucky they will found the monster card they wanted, I also already calculate the difficulty, peoples with high will to play (had high level char) deserve more fine reward (Loli Ruri card) to unlock the Yellow Transform candy.

Peoples also can buy the card from the market, this prevent low level bot to abuse the event.

•Exchange Pumpkin Lantern (32% drop rate) to a candy.

•Exchange Piece of Black cloth (32% drop rate) to a candy cane.

•Exchange Broken Needle (43,66% drop rate) to a Pie.

•Exchange Red Muffler (48.51% drop rate) to a Well Baked Cookie

•Exchange Hung Doll (18% drop rate) to a Blue Transform Candy

•Exchange Helm of Dullahan (32% drop rate) Needle Packet (20% drop rate) a Green Transform Candy

•Exchange Black Cat Doll (8% drop rate) to yellow Transform Candy

•Exchange Contorted Self-Portrait (10% drop rate) to a Red Transform Candy

Extra option to return: Pumpkin Lantern, Piece of Black Cloth, Broken Needle, Red Muffler, Hung Doll, Needle packet, Cursed Ruby, Black Cat Doll, and Contorted Self-Portrait to random 10-30 transform candy and low chance rate you also get an OCA, this extra option is for both who dont have the monster card and for those who have the monster card.

So lets just said I have "Bloody Murdered card", I just need to talk to the npc, give my Bloody Murdered card, and the next thing is I just need to collect "Contorted Self Portrait from" Bloody Murderer and exchange it to Red Transform Candy.

If I dont have Loli Ruri card, I cant exchange my Black Cat Doll to Yellow Transform Candy.

But if I collect: Pumpkin Lantern, Piece of Black Cloth, Broken Needle, Red Muffler, Hung Doll, Needle packet, Cursed Ruby, Black Cat Doll, and Contorted Self-Portrait. I can exchanging it all to a random 10-30 Transform Candy + a low chance rate for an OCA without even need the monster card.

==Look on how fair is the last Halloween Event was, exchange 1 Well Baked Cookie for a random candy and low rate for an OCA. :gg:

http://www.imgpaste.net/image/xis6X

Edited by EdwinKuswanto, 22 October 2016 - 05:35 AM.

#9 yosummer

yosummer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:36 AM

Halloween quest really sucks. I don't even think it's a quest. Your idea is much much better than it!

#10 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:46 AM

Uhhhh quest guide?

Tame a poporing egg using bitter herbs, go to Eden Kitchen, find NPC Americana, you can trade your poporing egg for 5 cookie.

Holy crap, this is so wrong in so many level, its more worst than turning your Green Petite to Petite Noddle, or Hard Rice Cake to Korean Rice cake.

#11 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:18 AM

Everybody wants Trans candy to use a better no delay in WoE  :heh:

@op

I agree,the event is boring and not worth.

#12 AlsonFam

AlsonFam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1181 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:19 AM

I just hope that Xmas event won't as bad as this event tho. Or else I will just sit at Pontera or Lutie to listen the BGM only.

#13 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:33 AM

trading a 10m-50m worth of item to get a chance of getting a 5m worh of item is not really a good trade.

#14 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:07 AM

Is there a cooldown on this? for me to repeat it?

Also is there a difference in reward from the different groups of monster?

Edited by leiand, 22 October 2016 - 08:22 AM.

#15 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:17 AM

Believe it or not but it really sucks man.

#16 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:24 AM

im gonna do it!

And it sucks.

wasted 20 herbs for 5 eggs then

5 candy

1 noel

5 candy

3 cake slice

3 cake slice.

Edited by leiand, 22 October 2016 - 08:32 AM.

#17 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:00 AM

To defend the games staff and campitor, they could have simply not have even done an event and left us to our own devices. Granted I agree the value of exchange is not entirely worth it but from the posts in here it seems like your comparing last year which many people complained was too good and generous and now it has given you a standard in your minds and anything worse than a handout event is considered total crap, especially considering people complained how events are always simply being rerun, and that they need to come up with original ideas.
I can completely understand the OP's sentiments and completely agree that they could further look into the event and make it better but to lash out at staff like that, if you were part of the staff and got told off like that, to be honest would you even be remotely motivated at all to try harder? If it was me I would even consider resigning, sure I can take criticism but when im gonna get told off like that (although it wasnt directed at anyone) i would leave regardless of pay or incentives, people are all entitled to a safe workplace.

Edited by PervySageMarty, 22 October 2016 - 09:02 AM.

#18 Moogle

Moogle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1289 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:16 AM

Honestly, I think that the people who developed this event has no clue on how difficult it is to tame pets, just to get some "random" rewards."  This doesn't justify the efforts by the player to try to hunt down the tames, tame the pet, and turn in eggs for reward.  Lets put this into perspective!!  Monsters has a low chance, usually a few % at best, to drop a tame.  The chances of taming a pet is usually under 20%, in my opinion.  The higher tier eggs are even more rare!  So its gonna take people a ton of hours, maybe even days, to get enough pet eggs to get a decent amount of high tier rewards.  So who is going to enjoy this quest...a small, smaaaaaalllll fraction, less than a few percent, of the players.  Unless you are a pet tame/egg hoarder!!!

If they don't change this Halloween event soon, before the end of Halloween, then this Halloween event is a utter fail!  Now, you might want to say...hey, give suggestions and maybe it will be in the next event.  Well, my opinion of that is...we give opinions, but they don't listen.  And if they listen, the time it took for things to get done is too, too late where no one even cares or remembers.  That..is the true problem!

#19 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:24 AM

Maybe they just want to limit the supply of tran. candies this year? Kudo for those who have hoarded tran candies over 100k from last year lol

#20 Moogle

Moogle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1289 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:28 AM

So that pretty much means, they don't want everyone to enjoy this Halloween event.  Brilliant!!!

#21 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:08 AM

Also is there a difference in reward from the different groups of monster?

Here you go:
https://forums.warpp...ards/?p=2519859

Also an informative post from someone trying tier 1 multiple times:
https://forums.warpp...ance/?p=2519869

There's still kRO's Halloween event to come. I wonder if it'll also be pet-related since there's that skeleton cat.

Edited by soudou, 22 October 2016 - 10:11 AM.

#22 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:45 PM

To defend the games staff and campitor, they could have simply not have even done an event and left us to our own devices. Granted I agree the value of exchange is not entirely worth it but from the posts in here it seems like your comparing last year which many people complained was too good and generous and now it has given you a standard in your minds and anything worse than a handout event is considered total crap, especially considering people complained how events are always simply being rerun, and that they need to come up with original ideas.
I can completely understand the OP's sentiments and completely agree that they could further look into the event and make it better but to lash out at staff like that, if you were part of the staff and got told off like that, to be honest would you even be remotely motivated at all to try harder? If it was me I would even consider resigning, sure I can take criticism but when im gonna get told off like that (although it wasnt directed at anyone) i would leave regardless of pay or incentives, people are all entitled to a safe workplace.

>to be honest would you even be remotely motivated at all to try harder?
You really triggering me, are you sure you asking kind of this question to me?, oh boo hoo, I dealing with a lot of ████ in my life and guess what?, no one care about it, from my side, I my self also give a ████ about it, <>.

You want reconstructive suggestion? let me tell you something:

I was a Moderator at a new game online, I had more than 10 years gaming experience, first thing first when I become moderator is online a whole day leveling and trying to understanding the game mechanic, feature, and so many thing I need to know such a reading history (passed event, passed problems and passed issue), try to make an interesting and creative event based from ton of experience I was learn from playing, understanding, reading the passed issue, event and problems.

This one..... its feel like you employ a person with Angry Bird tier experience, or employ a Novice to guarding an Emperium, If I was Campitor right hand's, I will make sure every one who want to work on Ragnarok1 capable to become/make 3rd classes before assigned them to do the job.

Hmmm let me think if I was the one who had a responsibility to make a suggestion for the Halloween event this year.

Do you know this "Treasure Cache System"?

https://forums.warpp...ntenance-notes/

•I will add those mimic shape form monster in Niflheim, tier1 at the town, tier2 at the Niflheim 01, and tier3 at Niflheim 02.

•Each monster above slain will drop a treasure cache appropriate for its tier and B or O card.

•in order to open the Treasure Cache, you can trade BOO card to a NPC for the key.

•Bring the key and Treasure Cache to the same NPC where you trade your BOO card.

•The B and O card also obtainable at low rate by wearing Strawberry In Mouth when killing a monsters.

•Or you can buy the key from cash shop (let the staff decide the price).

•Processes will like those spooky Machine (upgrade +1 ~ +10)

•Reward:

Tier1 1 Bronze Key needed (1 BOO card):

+5 Ygg Drasil Seed.

+6 Deviruchi transformation scroll (1).

+7 1~5 random (blue,red,green, yellow transform candy).

+8 Strawberry In mouth.

+9 Battle Manual X3 (3).

+10 Witch Pumpkin Hat.

Tier2 1 Silver Key needed (3 BOO card):

+5 Deviruchi transformation scroll (1).

+6 1~5 random (blue,red,green, yellow transform candy).

+7 3~30 random (blue,red,green, yellow transform candy).

+8 Strawberry In mouth.

+9 Witch Pumpkin Hat.

+10 Witch Pumpkin Hat.

Tier3: 1 Gold Key needed (5 BOO card).

+5 Deviruchi transformation scroll (1).

+6 3~30 random (blue,red,green, yellow transform candy).

+7 5~50 random (blue,red,green, yellow transform candy).

+8 Witch Pumpkin Hat.

+9 Witch Pumpkin Hat.

+10 Witch Pumpkin Hat.

EVERYONE HAPPY.

I just hope that Xmas event won't as bad as this event tho. Or else I will just sit at Pontera or Lutie to listen the BGM only.

And I hope the loading screen is not ROMATIC theme about A COUPLE HAVING A FUN, I had a LDR with a girl next to my Country, you had no idea what this game have done to my life, I completely destroyed from both inside and outside.

Lutie is the town where I see my GF online for the last time in the game.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 22 October 2016 - 11:41 PM.
Removed.

#23 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:24 PM

I believe there will be another Halloween event (just like previous TLPD event), last TLPD event we got fishing quest, tattered maps quest, and air ship something quest.

This Week, we got a Halloween event, turning a pet eggs to a something (candies, cookie, candy transform, and OCA).

This is utter garbage event, compare to the last year Halloween event, we can just simply return 1 Well Baked Cookies to a random transform candy and even low chance rate we can got an OCA.

Who manage this event?, I believe peoples waiting Halloween event for those transform candies, I my self already collect like 60.000 Well Backed Cookies (2 ID each 30.000 Well Baked Cookies), and now this is what I got?.

All those pet egg (tier3) is rare and difficult to catch, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!, I MEAN IT, WHAT KIND OF RETARD HAVING KIND OF IDEA LIKE THIS?!.

HEY, If I was the staff working for Halloween Event, instead of pet egg how about monster card?, so you need to return a monster card in order to unlock the reward.

Example:

•Quev card: after you give the card now you can exchange Pumpkin Lantern to a candy.

•Lude card: after you give the card now you can exchange Piece of Black cloth to a candy cane.

Heirozoist card: after you give the card now you can return Broken Needle to a Pie.

Disguise card: after you give the card to the NPC now you can return Red Muffler to a Well Baked Cookie.

•Gibbet card: after you give the card now you can return Hung Doll to a Blue Transform Candy.

•Dullahan card: after you give the card now you can return helm of Dullahan to a Green Transform Candy.

•Loli Ruri card: after you give the card now you can return Black Cat Doll to Yellow Transform Candy.

Bloody Murderer card: after you give the card now you can return Contorted Self-Portrait to a Yellow Transform Candy.

I really curious what is KRO Halloween event gonna be, but for the person who suggest a Halloween idea to return pet egg to a candies, <>.

That.. is a good template for a future event to draw some of the more common cards out of the market. Turning them into buff based consumables would be ideal.

The intention of this event was to provide a small source of transformation candies to the community. Last years event was too generous with the well baked cookies so the rates were corrected. But too far in the other direction. (and extremely so in the third group of eggs)

Based on player feedback the tier three rewards need a much harder re balancing. This is not the only part of the event for iRO and we are launching kRO's event next week and I hope you will at least check out the preview when we post it on Tuesday.

#24 IWindyI

IWindyI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:31 PM

camp, will horror toy factory be able to launch next week as expected???

#25 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:32 PM

camp, will horror toy factory be able to launch next week as expected???

After some heavy testing yes. My plan to is test the events first, then the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users