New GX Player Need some advice - Page 2 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New GX Player Need some advice

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:36 PM

Yeah; DR = deviling (not sure why we call it DR since it has no 'r' in the real name.)

Simplest guides are best guides ;D

Through the years there were many cases of DBs or even clients that translated them to Devilring, as well as Angelring some times.
We kind of accepted the no "r" version but idk if it indeed should or not have. Bomboring, ghostring, poring, many of the poring family end with either ling or ring on the name.

#27 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 08:20 AM

Through the years there were many cases of DBs or even clients that translated them to Devilring, as well as Angelring some times.
We kind of accepted the no "r" version but idk if it indeed should or not have. Bomboring, ghostring, poring, many of the poring family end with either ling or ring on the name.

True. We also have Angeling and ArchAngeling. Though when I look at those (bombo, ghost, poring+poporing) the inclusion of an r makes sense, if only for phonetic use. 

Ghostring - r = ghosting, which is its own slang term, which is perhaps coincidentally very fitting for a monster that goes invisible and teleports. 

Bomboring - r = bomboing, which is somewhat awkward to say, at least if you plan to use the standard English based approach to the phonemes. Same for Poring/Poporing (poing/popoing). Magmaring too (magma-ing). 

edit: No clue what their strategy with drops/marin/etc. was though. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 23 November 2016 - 08:20 AM.

#28 quopa

quopa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Server:Renewall

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:22 AM

guys,, whats the better armor for nogg 2 lvling purpose ?

i hef clean nab cloth FS. shoud i buy pasana card or get fire armor instead ? whats better between these 2 ? i hef only 30m atm for this.. nvm, i think pasana is better.

and, what element make u immune to stone curse, undead or shadow ?

:thx:

Edited by quopa, 02 December 2016 - 11:34 AM.

#29 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:57 PM

Undead makes you immune to stone-curse. 

I went in with neutral armor and just yolo'd my through.

Can just pop fireproof pots if you don't want a fire armor for that purpose only, but a fire armor is very useful throughout the game -- so you may want to make one anyway. 

#30 quopa

quopa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:01 PM

Undead makes you immune to stone-curse. 

I went in with neutral armor and just yolo'd my through.

Can just pop fireproof pots if you don't want a fire armor for that purpose only, but a fire armor is very useful throughout the game -- so you may want to make one anyway. 

right now i hef another 85mil.. 

i did try use fireproof tho but it doesnt show time window in-used state, so sometime i got messed up.. 

i think im gonna get fire amor, dunno why i dnt want to use pasana on my nab's just yet even tho this is low budget nab :heh: .. get succu pet and sell this pasana.

#31 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Server:Thor

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:05 PM

just make a fire nabs. elemental nabs/sapha are good.

i myself have fire/shadow/undead nabs and sapha. just waiting for water/wind/unfro when i need it.

#32 quopa

quopa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:19 PM

just make a fire nabs. elemental nabs/sapha are good.

i myself have fire/shadow/undead nabs and sapha. just waiting for water/wind/unfro when i need it.

i guess u right.. mybe i should start collecting elemental nab armor for future use..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users