Good Morning 10-24-2016 - Page 3 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Good Morning 10-24-2016

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#51 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:31 PM

Were translating RODEX UI assets for the November update.

Thanks camp. Anything about guild storage? OR is it still up in the air for the moment

#52 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 25 October 2016 - 01:59 PM

The issue then was people didnt read them and that it made the staff feel distant from them, which made things very uncomfortable for both parties.

SkO5O5O.png

"not reading", that is the problem, that basically is do not want to reading something they suppose to read, when server maintenance happen, the staff suppose to update the patcher first (info,event,news,etc), so there is a something for the player to read.

Cant the staff add this link (http://www.warpporta...ews/events.aspx) in the client?, so when maintenance happen instead of PLAY button, peoples can click it to check the newest update such an event, game update, and stuff?.

Look at this link event: http://www.warpporta...ews/events.aspx, last update? 2014, really impressive, its clearly there is no staff working on it for 2 year.

I believe the staff already prepared far far away before the maintenance begin, I have no idea what exactly happen during maintenance (5-7 hour or even more), but I believe when maintenance happen player need to close the game and reopen the client, cant the staff just update the client first?, so when the player double click the RO shortcut even during or after maintenance period a newest event and update appear in the client?.

Uncomfortable?, for both of parties?, how about now? there is no clue what kind of Halloween even this year, there is no link about it, there is no information on how to do it.

Then came forums with CM posting patch notes and everything was good for a very long long time.

Instead of being clear and simple, everything become so vague and complicated and its feel like the staff intentionally try to playing the with players by making everything complicated.

MAKE IT SIMPLE! Maintenance happen >>> patcher updated >>> read >>> make a plan >>> maintenance complete >>> play >>> problem occurred >>> forum >>> problem fixed >>> continue to play.

Forum is a place for sharing information, a place where player can leave a suggestion or asking for a recommendation, reporting and explaining a problem to the staff if there is a something not right happen in the game.

Thank you.

Edited by EdwinKuswanto, 25 October 2016 - 02:41 PM.

#53 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:57 PM

Campitor, please, check again the Godlys (Especially Megin) in Classic Server as you did.

#54 bulybuly

bulybuly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:02 PM

Were translating RODEX UI assets for the November update.

whats the differences between rodex and the now disabled mailing system?
is it bugproof?

Edited by bulybuly, 25 October 2016 - 07:02 PM.

#55 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:04 PM

whats the differences between rodex and the now disabled mailing system?
is it bugproof?

It's a much more modernized mail system than the old one as the GMs can now just mail you items instead of you having to go to Code the Redeemer. In addition, RODEX allows you to receive mail while out in the fields, so you can send potions and stuff to yourself without having to lug it around on your character.

#56 bulybuly

bulybuly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:07 PM

It's a much more modernized mail system than the old one as the GMs can now just mail you items instead of you having to go to Code the Redeemer. In addition, RODEX allows you to receive mail while out in the fields, so you can send potions and stuff to yourself without having to lug it around on your character.

and what about the bugproof?
the last mail system have bug right?

#57 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:13 PM

and what about the bugproof?
the last mail system have bug right?

The previous mail system was exploited to dupe items, so that's why it was taken out. RODEX is supposedly scripted from scratch to prevent that now, but nothing manmade will ever be bugproof 100%. What you're asking for is a fantasy.

#58 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:42 PM

Camp, btw, will there be any exp event happening soon?

#59 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Server:Thor

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:29 PM

does that mean it can act as a kafra card using your alts?? just open 2 windows and when youre running out of supplies just send some in mail and you can get it in a dungeon or an instance??

or maybe send multiple mails before running and just open each mail one by one to get what you need during a run.

#60 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:32 PM

does that mean it can act as a kafra card using your alts?? just open 2 windows and when youre running out of supplies just send some in mail and you can get it in a dungeon or an instance??

or maybe send multiple mails before running and just open each mail one by one to get what you need during a run.

Could send supplies in advance and open when required, can also send loots and pick em up from the mail when done with the instance.

#61 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:58 PM

Campitor, please, check again the Godlys (Especially Megin) in Classic Server as you did.

it has been a long while.... longer than a year if my memory is correct. would like to see this done just as a normal routine. i also believe that we were going to look at mvps on classic before the move to the new building. would like to see some of these things take place. may or may not bring back players, but i do know a few in the past who believed this was one of the reasons not to play classic. if dupping isnt happening, a GM confirmation of that fact would help lay that to rest. and if it is, a GM intervention would also have a positive effect.

#62 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:25 AM

Just disable all the server for a Week, this game is worthless to play if there is so many bug happening, especially position bug, I wonder how peoples can leveling with annoying bug like this.

#63 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:11 AM

WHEN ?

MAn6sWQ.gif

#64 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:20 AM

Just disable all the server for a Week, this game is worthless to play if there is so many bug happening, especially position bug, I wonder how peoples can leveling with annoying bug like this.

You can self disable yourself from the server if you want. A short break from the drama ingame at South Prontera or at Forum might be a good change.

Don't wonder, people just do :P

#65 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:33 AM

We have been playing with position bug since the start. Position bugging has its ups and downs, although alot more downs.

I think you need a break from the sounds of it, take some time away from the game to chill.

#66 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:47 AM

You can self disable yourself from the server if you want. A short break from the drama ingame at South Prontera or at Forum might be a good change.

Don't wonder, people just do :P

We have been playing with position bug since the start. Position bugging has its ups and downs, although alot more downs.

I think you need a break from the sounds of it, take some time away from the game to chill.

I have no idea what are you talking about?, what drama?.

There is so many bug:

https://forums.warpp...hat-bother-you/

I just feel there is something not right, mainly because of the Halloween event, pot delay from no where, position bug, and halved server population.

I want to see those KRO Development team to try to leveling in the main server of IRO, from lv 1 until lv 100, EQP MAX +7, any EQP except GOD and MPV card.

Want to see how those KRO development team react when their char stuck and cant walk forward when got they got hit by a monster, want to see and laugh at those KRO development team got killed when try to mob tanking because of pot delay, or because of unresponsive skill when clicking the target (obviously because the target position or the char position is not same as its appear in the screen).

I had WL LV 127 and Gene LV 132, what is the point if Warpportal got visited by those Korean development team not for fixing the pot delay and position bug issue?.

https://forums.warpp...ag-clock-tower/

I mean it, get rid all this garbage live stream http://imgur.com/a/zL9fA, I want to see a video of those Korean try to play, leveling, quest, in the main IRO server (Chaos Renewal).

#67 JGkush

JGkush

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:15 AM

Hey Camp! Do you happen to know if there will be a Warpportal Event on Halloween for buying WPE or KP?

Edited by JGkush, 26 October 2016 - 06:15 AM.

#68 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:28 AM

it has been a long while.... longer than a year if my memory is correct. would like to see this done just as a normal routine. i also believe that we were going to look at mvps on classic before the move to the new building. would like to see some of these things take place. may or may not bring back players, but i do know a few in the past who believed this was one of the reasons not to play classic. if dupping isnt happening, a GM confirmation of that fact would help lay that to rest. and if it is, a GM intervention would also have a positive effect.

This ^

#69 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:08 AM

Sealed Mind Box from Nightmare Toy Factory does not give any items when opened.

#70 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:22 AM

WHEN ?

MAn6sWQ.gif

You mean the chance to dye the eremes scarf? or the AB Sprite? or maybe both? lul

I feel like:

We are the warriors that built this town!

#71 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:32 AM

Classic god item check and count please.

#72 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:46 AM

Want to see how those KRO development team react when their char stuck and cant walk forward when got they got hit by a monster, want to see and laugh at those KRO development team got killed when try to mob tanking because of pot delay, or because of unresponsive skill when clicking the target (obviously because the target position or the char position is not same as its appear in the screen).

to answer these questions:

1. Your character flinches when it takes damage, if its taking damage while running from a monster the flinching causes your character to stutter and stop. This happens to all of us, and you only slightly notice it less on characters with agi up or some speed booster. The main reason for this is to allow swordsmen classes to reign over others because of their skill called Endure which, for a set number of hits or duration, allows them to void the flinch effect while getting hit. MvP card Eddga also gives any character this effect.
2. There is a slight delay between pot consumptions due to people exploiting a program that autopotted at extreme speeds.
3. That particular position bug instance occurs because of your internet connection compared to the server, the better the speed you have (as well as the better hardware) the more slow to irresponsive the game becomes, realize this game is made for extremely low performance hardware and very slow dialup speeds. It takes getting used to.

#73 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:52 AM

anyone who thinks the problem with autopot is speed and not reactivity has it all wrong.

That said I wondered why potting on renewal manually felt like molasses flowing uphill on a winters day. Now I know why. And it's silly :(

#74 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:22 AM

U said pot and I got summoned.

#75 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:28 AM

anyone who thinks the problem with autopot is speed and not reactivity has it all wrong.

That said I wondered why potting on renewal manually felt like molasses flowing uphill on a winters day. Now I know why. And it's silly :(

Yes my dear, sorry, I should reword it to say it was because autopotting was set to a timing which does not match the maximum reaction time a human can have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users