Patch Notes: October 24, 2016 - Page 4 - Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes: October 24, 2016

190 replies to this topic

#76 zareza

zareza

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationNowhere
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:21 PM

The crec out-threated the tanks at the end of Naiad kill, this might happen more often now like it used to with average built tanks in Silent Corridor. I can not imagine how tanks will keep up with the threat against top dpsers in that dungeon.

well, yeah. that crec is too op, plus,  with imp and mermaid summoned at the same time.

#77 7843140731162112220

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:56 PM

Heard some good powerful overpowered vcr suggesting other nerf?
Why wp listen to vcr who just got into ml40 recently? Vcr that just played in test server not even play in live server? Vcr who not even login? Vcr who talk without any proof? Pve vcr who talk godly that they can kill pvp player? I don't see any sense of listening to them.

#78 ryzzyk

ryzzyk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Server:Idun

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:45 PM

Why wp listen to vcr who just got into ml40 recently? Vcr that just played in test server not even play in live server? Vcr who not even login? Vcr who talk without any proof? Pve vcr who talk godly that they can kill pvp player? I don't see any sense of listening to them.

I heard there is VCR that suggest all guild skill have 1hr cooldown. Genius suggestion. Top tier player.

#79 siegveer

siegveer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:59 PM

Hai everyone, all item i got from EVENT fall sharing yesterday was gone today in my bag and storage, seal by cheny, reset scroll, and many more was gone.. what's wrong??

#80 freakygin

freakygin

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 133 posts
  • LocationAnywhere with free Wi Fi Available

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:10 PM

Dude... VCR do suggest many things.
Some of us maybe suggest crazy things straight from our asses.
But make no mistake. We don't have the power or any say on the final decision.
It's not democratic system either.
Even if most VCR agree to 1 suggestion, It's still not guaranteed to get through.

Please don't look down upon WP. They're definitely not just doing VCR's biddings,
They can think and decide for themselves.
We just simply give suggestion about something.

And besides, No matter how bad, an idea is still an idea
With good polishing. Bad idea might turn into a good idea.
Bad idea might inspire other people to came up with better idea.
No harm done really.
We VCR shoot down each other's idea very often too.

If you're worried about VCR doing stupid things.
Why don't you join us?
It's free, just see for yourself what we've been doing.
I can tell you, it's not like what you thought.

#81 DietSodaa

DietSodaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Server:Odin / Freyja

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:05 PM

I heard there is VCR that suggest all guild skill have 1hr cooldown. Genius suggestion. Top tier player.

VCR system always welcomes anyone, feel free to apply . 

Signup : https://docs.google....iewform?c=0&w=1

#82 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:03 PM

any player can suggest anything as well, what's wrong?

#83 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:33 PM

What is wrong is those VCR supposedly represent the whole community of RO2 to WP, as if these were the community suggestions or wishes. I know  that WP is not dumb enough to the point to consider they truly are but if something one VCR suggests that nobody wanted goes to live they can always play the card of him being representative of the community and therefore they did what they thought the community wanted. Knowing how WP "slip in mistakes" this might very well happen one day with no surprise at all.

I refuse to apply to it until the definition of what a VCR is is changed.

#84 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:33 PM

Off Topic

re: guild skills cd

Spoiler

#85 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:36 PM

Nobody asked for this VCR program in the first place for the info. WP forced us, the players, to have representatives that are not even elected or chosen by the community lmao, which I refuse categorically the term representative. It is a complete lie. The word itself is dubious and with double-meaning.

Edited by 5318130516144610857, 25 October 2016 - 11:42 PM.

#86 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:22 AM

I LEAVE this game months ago because at ML30 with my knight full geared i wasn't able to go araound forgotten payon without being killed by a couple monsters in a couple hits. Now I see the so awaited nerf in BT has come BUT no rebalancing on the field monsters since DW has come!!!

So now not only weak classes can not go around alone without being killed but now also stronger classes that can survive some hits but are no more able to kill them enought fast.

Yeah Yeah the PVP now is way more balanced but what about the PVE?

Why until now I see people talking about Jaway quests and no one talking about the previous parts?

BT NEEDED to be changed but, if a BROKEN skill become important to survive progress on the game, MAYBE if you change that you need to CHANGE the reason it is so important, don't you?

second thing IF you allow a player to double all the stats on his gears you have to balance the game so that it is right for a basic gear and the same one full upgraded. SOOOOO how can balange a boss so that he can face a full geared player and a full p2w with all upgrades player?

The first one will suffer x damage with y hp and z hit points the latter will suffer 1/3 x damage 2*y hp and 2*z hit points

HOW CAN YOU BALANCE THIS?!?!?

YOU CAN'T so why you keep driving on this road?

Edited by Shinyusuke, 26 October 2016 - 01:30 AM.

#87 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:42 AM

Why until now I see people talking about Jaway quests and no one talking about the previous parts?

Probably because most are done with DW/FP and are doing JDQ, so they speak of what they've seen so far and what directly affects them. I'm thinking from what I've seen in Jawaii maybe tanks might not be able to hold the threat from top dpsers in SC/AS. These dungeons anyway are so outdated and boring nobody really do them anymore, and if they have to for the sake of completing the questlines and unlocking HC, they'll never return once they're done unless for helpng someone.

#88 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:17 AM

IYeah Yeah the PVP now is way more balanced but what about the PVE?

*still talking about the previous parts*

(Including AS/SC, because i wanma finish my quests too!)

*still asking for a PvE nerf...  for ages*

Probably because most are done with DW/FP and are doing JDQ, so they speak of what they've seen so far and what directly affects them. I'm thinking from what I've seen in Jawaii maybe tanks might not be able to hold the threat from top dpsers in SC/AS. These dungeons anyway are so outdated and boring nobody really do them anymore, and if they have to for the sake of completing the questlines and unlocking HC, they'll never return once they're done unless for helpng someone.

If I ever want to quest another character

I want all the parts to be balanced. I won't

make a second character max level w/o it.

I'd really like to invest in a second max-level

character, but not how the game is currently.

*waiting patiently with some ML1 characters*

Cheers! :archer:

Edited by Maxscha, 26 October 2016 - 09:18 AM.

#89 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:52 AM

your idea would be good if an MMO doesn't live on the new players that take the place of the old ones

and right now new ones will suffer even more the not balanced PVE

#90 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:55 AM

:jellyfish: HUH? :jellyfish:

We just had an 'emergency maintenance' of a sort.

There was no patch note, so I am not sure what the goal

of that maintenance was...? I expected it to replenish our

accidentally confiscated stacks, but mine remain missing.

So what did happen? & When will stacks restore?

Edit: mscocca suggested that I submit a ticket, so I did.

I was refraining because I didn't want to flood support

with tickets over an issue they already knew about...

However, with no news on the matter, it's ticket time.

Cheers & Best Wishes to all still awaiting recompense!

Edited by Maxscha, 26 October 2016 - 10:34 AM.

#91 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:06 AM

I think it was related to the War of Emperium today not triggering, most likely related to the daylight savings hour change but I'm unsure of what caused WoE not to start today.

Shinyusuke I didn't give any idea, I was only giving facts. But I agree with you when you say new players might suffer from PvE content after Battle Tactics nerf.

#92 8144160804183808497

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPhillipines
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:25 PM

Almost a month i finish my set and then BOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM

Suddenly back to zero again..

i almost do event honing and hunt like doubloons ETC.., quest of runes everyday ill do that to finish my SET and then why you do that easily ?

Do you think player will do that again it wasting time ,how about player that not rich like me ??Some player tired to do that again some of them quit and some of them sell his account or item  ETC.. 

And you do not have a compensation like reset skill,stat or HONING to give us chance to rebuild our item, what kind of admin u are?? u didnt love your players u didnt think first before u do that Massive NERF :-( many player mad because of that NERF ...

how can you attract more new player now ,if some of ur loyal player tired to start again...Zzzzzz ..I'll suggest pls BACK the DOUBLOONS and gave us chance to rebuild our STATS ,thats the only fast idea to help us to rebuild our STAT again..        

#93 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:57 PM

Nobody asked for this VCR program in the first place for the info. WP forced us, the players, to have representatives that are not even elected or chosen by the community lmao, which I refuse categorically the term representative. It is a complete lie. The word itself is dubious and with double-meaning.

I'll admit it's hard to talk about representing the community when the community itself is divided in many ways, some want OP stuff to remain unnerfed forever, others want free gifts as often as possible, and others want to hold as much zeny as they can, while others will want exactly the opposite or a mid-ground in those aspects.

There will always be someone unhappy with decisions taken by WP, it doesn't matter if a VCR suggested it or if they decided it by themselves. But I think that at the very least, we can all agree that we just want the game to be enjoyable. Even if it's not a perfect fit to every one of our desires, as long as we can have fun, that should be enough. That means that not every single monster should be able to kill you instantly unless you're really underleveled or it's a boss or special monster, etc. That means that you shouldn't need to have +20 gears, capped defense and OP heals just to stay alive during the fights. But it also doesn't mean that fights should be super easy, that refines should be useless or that heals won't ever be needed, a game has to be challenging, and there have to be means to make it easier or give you an edge, they just need to be optional.

Being a mmo it's normal that you need parties to have an easier time leveling up and fighting bosses, and there are many who don't like reading quests or walking around and around, but there are also many that don't enjoy having to grind for days, and sometimes you want to play on your own even if takes longer to get things done. So if we can please both sides, that should be done, right?

Obviously classes should feel useful regardless of our playstyle, even if some are better or worse in certain areas (lower dps but survives longer, or high dps but has to heal more often, etc) but there's also people who want characters that can do everything and do it well. Like the BT users, who could focus on defense to survive and still have insta-kill attacks with the crits (though some decided to go full on INT and that's why they don't know what to do now). But that doesn't mean that nerfing BT wasn't one of many neccessary moves to make the game more enjoyable, right? And those classes aren't useless at all either, the only thing they lost is some dps.

So anyways, my point is that we VCRs argue a lot since we all see the game differently, it's possible everything I said before would be shot down by one or more VCRs, or any other player as well, or there might be others that agree. So you can't put them all in a same bag and say VCRs go against everything the community wants. WP doesn't only listen to us, and even if we reach an agreement after discussing a lot, that doesn't mean it will be done. The community has a voice through the forums, and they will reach WP and have just as much importance as anything we say. They might even spark new discussions in the group or be the inspiration for something that none of us even thought about.

You can not like us, and you can feel we don't represent you, and that's fine. You don't need to feel we represent every single player out there, because even if you joined the group you probably wouldn't represent every single one of them either, as some wouldn't share the same views you have. But that just means we have to be open to discuss those views so that the final result is a game we can all have fun playing.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm also full on board when we say that PvE content has to be nerfed, people don't deserve to have a hard time playing the game just to make PvP more balanced. Fortunately, the only thing nerfed this time was the dps aspect of those classes, so they shouldn't have too many issues in terms of survability against monsters.

Edited by faku1810, 26 October 2016 - 10:04 PM.

#94 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:03 PM

Then what's the point of the VCR program if they listen to anyone outside of it? Why not just convert it to a volunteer developer group since that's what it technically is now?

The issue is not with the group itself, but the way it's being advertised.

#95 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:26 PM

Then what's the point of the VCR program if they listen to anyone outside of it? Why not just convert it to a volunteer developer group since that's what it technically is now?

The issue is not with the group itself, but the way it's being advertised.

They could, but developers would also be false advertisement. We don't develop things, nor touch the code of the game itself, and being in a "developer" group would make you feel entitled to having your ideas be added to the game. But technically, our position on that aspect is on a similar level to people who post in the Suggestions subforum.

If anything's different is just the level of personal commitment, beyond a single post, some people have actually made full on descriptive documents for their ideas, or written entire questlines to add to the game, and even made some research for them to stay consistent. But even then, that's not the core of the program and it's not even required, it's just like a hobby, just like when I torture myself finding and reporting typos or rewritting the engrish in the game if i'm bored.

If they wanted to change the name to be closer to what we are, it would be simply a Volunteer Commited to Ragnarok (as silly as that sounds). Nothing else but a player that decides to offer their free time to discuss about the game with other people with a similar motivation. But I'm not sure that fully captures the idea of us thinking about making the game fun for everyone rather than for ourselves.

#96 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:53 PM

They could, but developers would also be false advertisement. We don't develop things, nor touch the code of the game itself, and being in a "developer" group would make you feel entitled to having your ideas be added to the game. But technically, our position on that aspect is on a similar level to people who post in the Suggestions subforum.

If anything's different is just the level of personal commitment, beyond a single post, some people have actually made full on descriptive documents for their ideas, or written entire questlines to add to the game, and even made some research for them to stay consistent. But even then, that's not the core of the program and it's not even required, it's just like a hobby, just like when I torture myself finding and reporting typos or rewritting the engrish in the game if i'm bored.

If they wanted to change the name to be closer to what we are, it would be simply a Volunteer Commited to Ragnarok (as silly as that sounds). Nothing else but a player that decides to offer their free time to discuss about the game with other people with a similar motivation. But I'm not sure that fully captures the idea of us thinking about making the game fun for everyone rather than for ourselves.

Developers include art, story, quest design, and other things that don't necessarily have anything to do with programming. In the end, you're developing content any way you look at it.

iRO has a Fungineers group, wouldn't be hard to rename iRO2's version to something similar.

#97 MohdFaizBasir

MohdFaizBasir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:26 PM

just disband VCR program.. Most of VCR talk like they know everything... this ro2 game should be handle by gravity or WP not bullshet ideas from VCR... 

#98 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:47 AM

So you can't put them all in a same bag and say VCRs go against everything the community wants.

I never did that nor said that, don't understand me wrong. I globally agree with everything you said. What I'm b*tching about is the definition of VCR and the word representative. At the beginning of the program, players would represent one class only and there were actually elections and VCR stood for volunteer class representative. It was bad enough but somehow acceptable. Now it has evolved to something else, because to WP as they put it, VCR are representatives of the community yet they never got to choose one.

noun uk ​ /ˌrep·rɪˈzen·tə·tɪv/ us ​ /ˌrep·rɪˈzen·t̬ə·t̬ɪv/

someone who speaks or does something officially for another person or organization

adjective uk ​ /ˌrep·rɪˈzen·tə·tɪv/ us ​ /ˌrep·rɪˈzen·t̬ə·t̬ɪv/

similar to other people or things in a particular group

So sure, you can play with words and say VCR are a sample of RO2 community instead of an official representative of the community. The way WP seems to be advertising looks like they take both definitions into account. Everything's fine until one day something goes wrong and players can only blame themselves to not voice up their concerns and disagreements about the choice of words.

If WP wants to implement a system like this at least do it with the right words, they count a lot when a contract is formed, more over when it's one that affects every player.

#99 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:21 AM

What I'm b*tching about is the definition of VCR and the word representative

The truth is that it was only called Volunteer Community/Class Representatives because Njoror likes to make VCR puns  

61IUTvy.jpg

#100 Masuzu

Masuzu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:25 AM

From class balance discussion become Let's all blame the VCR who are the representative community's ideas and feedbacks to RO 2 developer

:bow:  :bow:

Edited by Masuzu, 27 October 2016 - 04:33 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users