Patch Notes: October 24, 2016 - Page 5 - Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes: October 24, 2016

190 replies to this topic

#101 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:12 AM

Whatever the reason was, I will not apply to it until they update their definition and refuse the term representative.

#102 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:21 AM

I agree that the term isn't ideal, but I never minded it as long as the people involved were trying to make the game better; they are.

I used to be a VEP, and that term was perfect: Volunteer Event Planner. I was sad when that was disbanded; but also busy irl, so ok.

I have thought of joining the VCR program every fall (when I return to the game after a summer offline - I play 7 months of the year).

I am looking into the extra programs that the VCRs use to communicate, and will decide by next week if I might be useful as a VCR.

I do agree the current 'VCR' title is not accurate; it is however not the title that matters, but the intention, effort & impact they have.

All in all, I feel that the community has benefited from 'VCR' input. But sure... let's rename it to something else Njoror can pun about?

Some silly ideas for new abbreviations & acronyms...

Spoiler

Or just make VCR stand for Volunteer Contributor to Ragnarok = VCR

Edited by Maxscha, 27 October 2016 - 10:39 AM.

#103 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:33 AM

Great idea Maxscha! I upvote Volunteer Contributor to Ragnarok. I also approve Volunteer Assistant to Njoror. Anything is good as long as representative is dropped from the name and the definition.

#104 SolM77186

SolM77186

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationFrance (Paris)
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:44 AM

Well i was amongst the VCR group and my feedback is not complicated. Only few VCR players are working for the community, while most of current VCR players are working for themselves, i won't bring any screenshot here but within this program, rivalry is present, some players get bullied because of their decisions within the game not because of their ideas. As you guys know my old nickname was Solemia and in the game i was trashtalking/QQing and when i was a VCR, even if some of my ideas were really interesting, they were discarded but when some other players proposed the same ones, the ideas were miraculously approved. I'm not here to denigrate anything, VCR program is a good idea but not handled in the best way.

Furthermore, so many VCR players dare to propose changes about things they do not know and test.

Edited by SolM77186, 27 October 2016 - 10:51 AM.

#105 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:46 AM

I would suggest Exodus Cover-up Program (ECP) or Exodus Blunt Cover-up Program (EBCP) but I rather not, it would most likely be considered guild name shaming and the post removed from the forums. Also, it might stir-up some dissident voices and hoist shields against such claims.

#106 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:49 AM

Well i was amongst the VCR group and my feedback is not complicated. Only a few of VCR players are working for the community, while most of current VCR players are working for themselves, i won't bring any screenshot here but within this program, rivalry is present, some players get bullied because of their decisions within the game not because of their ideas. As you guys know my old nickname was Solemia and in the game i was trashtalking/QQing and when i was a VCR, even if some of my ideas were really interesting, they were discarded but when some other players proposed the same ones, the ideas were miraculously approved. I'm not here to denigrate anything, VCR program is a good idea but not handled in the best way.

dat duplicity mindset and behviour. :heh:

#107 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:28 PM

A few past VCRs have told me much the same. Selectiveness within selectiveness. Not a very good reputation for the name.

#108 INCUBOY

INCUBOY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:09 PM

Those old Vcr's do not represent the community they push through their ideas just because balancing everything is right in their thought. They always think they are right they do not represent the community anymore. Because they know what is right by making calculation that they thought is correct. They make mathematical terms to be logical. They shoving the idea and pushing it through to developers throats. Community must rate VCR's to know if these people does still represent the community. They don't want public feedback anymore they will stick to their idea and abuse their authority as VCR's. Mistakes happened twice already fault of the VCR which the developer thought that it is the idea of the community but it is not because they thought that is what best for the community. Is this the best for the community ? Speak out and share your thoughts.  

Edited by INCUBOY, 27 October 2016 - 06:11 PM.

#109 freakygin

freakygin

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 133 posts
  • LocationAnywhere with free Wi Fi Available

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:38 PM

You all make it sounds like VCR are the Evil Mastermind.
While all we did is just "Suggest" and talk about it

Example A :
- Why people prefer Cresc over Wizard?
- Because of crazy DoT from Cresc Pets
- What can we do to make Wizard shine again?
- Option A : Nerf Cresc. Option B : Boost Wizard
- Nerf Cresc? Without their Pets, Cresc was not that good to begin with.
- Boost Wizard? Their DoT is OP already
- *Discuss more

Example B : 
- Why people prefer SM over Priest
- Because of amazing cure with longer duration
- What can we do to make Priest shine again as a healer, not DPS
- Option A : Boost Priest Renovatio power. Option B : Nerf SM
- *Discuss about other aspects, such as comparing their DPS capability

Example C :
- How can we nerf PvP things withour hurting PvE aspects?
- Option A : Different set of gears. Option B : Nerf PvE monster
- *Discuss

Example D :
- People are sick getting killed by 1 shot skills. Without even a chance to heal themselves
- Option A : Make Def Stronger. Option B : Nerf the 1 hit kill skills
- *Discuss about the after effect for each option

Then WP decides the best course of action.

And please stop branding us with that VCR thing.
There's no "We VCR", there's no "You VCR" There's no "Them VCR"
There's only "Us, players"

Edited by freakygin, 27 October 2016 - 09:36 PM.

#110 INCUBOY

INCUBOY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:27 PM

Players ? I don't even see these VCR's ingame you guys are hated because you do not represent the community anymore. Your ideas are the developers thought that are communities  idea which is not.  I guess the acronym CR =  Which is "Community Representative"  does not function. 

Edited by INCUBOY, 27 October 2016 - 09:28 PM.

#111 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:44 PM

There's no need for the giant text, we get it.

#112 INCUBOY

INCUBOY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:51 AM

It is necessary one day the game will be dead and their selfish ideas and suggestion will end the game just end this program and think of a better one.

Edited by INCUBOY, 28 October 2016 - 12:52 AM.

#113 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:58 AM

I don't see why the fuss...     :surrender: 

VCRs are made up of players that want to join. You wanna be heard? Join!

Be a part of your own solution set; represent yourself and your community.

Get all your like minded friends to join too. Find out yourself how much/little

power VCRs have over anything before you make assumptions/accusations.

You wanna contribute your thoughts? Post in the forums. Forums are read.

Well, threads are read till they get nonconstructive and deserving of a lock...

#114 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:05 AM

Why did you make swag stuff disassemble for 40 pieces and not 80 so we can 1:1 trade genders at the NPC? It really makes no sense. After the initial rush of trading around swag sets on the first 2 days, it's now hard as hell to gender/race trade sets because everyone's got what they wanted and people are starting to buy individual set pieces. Noel is a 50% chance drop from the box yet only 2 classes in the game are noel, good freaking luck to you if you want to trade a noel race for any human one. Just make them disassemble for 80 please and be done with it. Market prices will adjust accordingly, don't worry about this (they won't stay even close to their current values after a while anyway)

Also highly suggest removing CLS rune capability from these costumes, it's skewing PvP balance so badly. Redu players can stack it so high they're unkillable and with nerfs to hiders and BT, there's no way to kill redu SM, priest, BM, monk etc now, get rid of their free 45% stats from costume and maybe they'll die. Also allow +80 runes for all other costumes in game - as I've feared already half the server population is running around in the same boring looking costume cause it's gonna be superior to all others. It's not fair for our hard earned other costumes to now be irrelevant because of stats, nobody is going to buy a 3 slot costume atm because of this. Swag sets killed people looking unique and the costume market in one go.

Edited by 9632130515120055620, 28 October 2016 - 01:05 AM.

#115 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:56 AM

If they wanted to change the name to be closer to what we are, it would be simply a Volunteer Commited to Ragnarok (as silly as that sounds). Nothing else but a player that decides to offer their free time to discuss about the game with other people with a similar motivation. But I'm not sure that fully captures the idea of us thinking about making the game fun for everyone rather than for ourselves.

That is the problem, the name should also transmit the idea of VCR making the game fun thinking about everybody rather than themselves only. In the lack of a word that describes perfectly this notion, the best would be to become Volunteer Commited to Ragnarok like you suggested and then, in the descritpion of the program, add a rule or code of conduct in VCR's responsabilities that they must do just that, work towards the community and wanting to improve the game thinking about the community first than themselves. This change would suffice in my opinion to better reflect what these players are -or should be- and stop false advertisment.

Liking the program or not is a whole new subject and debate, there are pros and cons in it just like everything else, and I believe the pros outweight the cons by a lot consdering WP seems to enjoy having few selected players making reports to them and the development of the game look otherwise slow paced and sometimes far off players' expectations.

Edited by 5318130516144610857, 28 October 2016 - 02:02 AM.

#116 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:34 AM

Volunteer Commited to Ragnarok would imply they also work on RO as well. Should be either Volunteer RO2 Developer or Volunteer RO2 Contributer. Either one works to describe someone who takes part in developing content for RO2 specifically.

#117 8144160804183808497

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPhillipines
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:36 AM

GUYS CAN YOU REMOVE CLS attack & Def ON CUSTOME THIS RUNE MAKE THIS GAME INBALANCE....

some player cant kill because of too much reduction

and

some player can 1hit Kill other player because of CLS attack,

I think this is the reason why other player can 1HIT and cant kill because of too much reduction...

Sorry my english is bad  :p_sad:

#118 TensaZangetsu01

TensaZangetsu01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationFallen Fortress
  • Server:Vanir

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:55 AM

[Hey, all. It's Njoror. I just wanted to clear some things up from this post, so I'll add my notes in brackets.]

i leave VCR team right after i join it(u can ask Njoror on how i beg him to kick me from the team) ^^....after i read trello board--the hatred to BT and hider-so WOW! and when they discuss thing on Slack, OMG the racism-but leave it to that and i kinda understand why.

[This user was removed for inactivity and not participating in the program. I didn't remove them myself, one of the CMs did, since we track users who haven't been inactive for two weeks and remove them. Also, any racism or anything that violates our "Don't be a jerk" policy gets addressed. It doesn't stop users from being nasty sometimes, but it does cause them to get removed if they do. This user probably would've noticed that if they were active.]

Mostly what they discuss is how to NERF NERF NERF class that they hate(mostly class that can 1 shot),and some suggest to buff their own class-Nerfing BT is old topic-which i can understand why-Overpower TANK with ridiculous DPS what-so-not.And i'm glad, after long give and take-the NERF is real! and NOW i can happily walk out of hide and laugh.

[This is not true at all. Most of what is discussed is how to add to the game or make the game more approachable. I had a recent conversation with them about looking at and improving DNA rates. Beyond that, bug issues are a large concern.]

Well, removing x4 from hide.Its a glad.No more overpower hider class. But hider still deadly-beware!!

I know there is more class balance coming-and i still hoping something nice coming up. Gambateh WP.

THIS IS A BIG CHANGE TO RO II...chance for this game to get better.Mybe?

Idea is idea - but stupid idea is still stupid idea. Suggestion is still suggestion but please, stop suggest something that is one sided. Stop kill the class that already dead. Stop buff the class that already buffed.

Its hard to satisfy everyone. Suggest something that can make most people happy then u can call urself as our representative.

I hope someday, if there is something BIG that VCR team discuss.Let us know! Make a topic about it!- Let discuss together. Lets not make blind conclusion that in the end-its still unfair. This game still have hope for next 2-3 years mybe? YES.if we can keep our remaining players and of course give new player hope to enjoy.

[We are looking into pushing the conversation more public, sort of like our bug BLOB. The concern right now is that people don't want to be targeted and harassed for providing their ideas (which has happened). It's one thing to be staffed to work on the game, but if you're a volunteer who just wants to provide ideas to make the game better and are harassed by multiple users for it, then you're disinclined to participate any further.]

just my 2 cents-no offence and RIP english

[Hope this clears up some stuff.

~ Your friendly, neighborhood Njoror]

#119 Zyndicate

Zyndicate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationTravels a lot..

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:59 AM

Wow. This thread is still going.

Alright, let me share you guys my personal thoughts. I joined VCR program for about a month now, well, more or less..

"Community" is a very broad term, it doesnt represent the "whole" of the ro2 community since players have different class/goals/wants/needs/ways to have fun thats why we have VCRs for each class, each class VCR having different views about the game and how fun the game is for them as well. I can agree the we bring our personal opinions on the matter regarding the game/pvp/pve/balances etc. although it does not mean we can just say "here's my idea, lets go do it" for there are other VCR's that may or may not agree with the idea and will *most likely* be put on debate AND even when there is an agreed idea, it still does not mean WP will go along with it.

"Thinking of ourselves only" and "not making the game fun for everybody". With the pre BT-nerf, do you think "everybody" is happy? What about those players who doesnt want to have a BT char and they see that BT users are doing better than what their class is supposed to do, does it sound "fun" for them? What about those "mages" whom we see very rarely now because most of the classes does a better job than them, do you think that's "fun" to think about? This has nothing to do with VCR's personal affairs, in fact hasn't it crossed your minds that there were also VCR's who tried hard to defend why BT shouldn't be nerfed? If we only think of ourselves then there would be no real direction for the game. The class skills and system are broken. We need to fix it. It does not only come from one person as well, people who have their class' interest also debate why something should/shouldn't be done. Please understand that "Community" is also divided to different groups having people with different ideals.

If you want to represent that "group" within the "community" go join the VCR program so you can understand what is meant by the word "VCR".

Side Note: There are always VCRs active in game. Most of us are just doing what normal players do. When someone needs help/ question, its likely some VCR would offer assistance. If in anyway anyone feel like we do not exist there, we are just players like you doing what you guys do but you can always ask for assistance. Most just observe and see what is happening in-game. We are still players/farmers/grinders afterall :)

Edited by Zyndicate, 28 October 2016 - 06:31 AM.

#120 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:03 AM

You haven't said anything new, really. I made it public why I won't join this program. Most of you seem to not understand I'm not opposed to having such system but only to how it is defined. You could all still be doing exactly the same with the change of words and definition I and others proposed. I'm too humble or not arrogant enough, i don't know how to put it, to volunteer myself to represent the community of RO2 to WP when nobody asked me to. I can not even think of myself entitled to such a position or anyone for that matter. I guess some players are more sensitive to words and definitions and have more sense of ethics than others to whom it doesn't cause them any trouble to become all the sudden representatives, and from what I've read, hardly make any effort to actually be one once they got chosen.

#121 INCUBOY

INCUBOY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:10 AM

Indeed , The term must be " Volunteer Nerfing Representative" These VCR's Never mentioned a topic that empower or revamp a class that is dead they always suggest killing a specific class, To mention These VCR kill the sources of farming they always nerf the stuff that can make you rich by simply farming ur ass off they are actually killing the game. Balancing is just a play of words, the truth is  they always talk about nerf nerf nerf 

Edited by INCUBOY, 28 October 2016 - 07:11 AM.

#122 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:24 AM

Hey, everyone.

There's a lot of discussion here and I figured I might lend some insight or additional comments to it after the last patch.

I am going to reply to a lot of comments here, but I am not necessarily replying to that user, just the ideas or comments they bring up. So, if I say something in a reply, understand I am speaking objectively and not necessarily directly at you.

I agree that the term isn't ideal, but I never minded it as long as the people involved were trying to make the game better; they are.

I used to be a VEP, and that term was perfect: Volunteer Event Planner. I was sad when that was disbanded; but also busy irl, so ok.

I have thought of joining the VCR program every fall (when I return to the game after a summer offline - I play 7 months of the year).

I am looking into the extra programs that the VCRs use to communicate, and will decide by next week if I might be useful as a VCR.

I do agree the current 'VCR' title is not accurate; it is however not the title that matters, but the intention, effort & impact they have.

All in all, I feel that the community has benefited from 'VCR' input. But sure... let's rename it to something else Njoror can pun about?

Some silly ideas for new abbreviations & acronyms...

Spoiler

Or just make VCR stand for Volunteer Contributor to Ragnarok = VCR

For those who weren't around back when there was VEPs and VCRs, the VCRs were Volunteer Class Representatives and the VEPs were Volunteer Event Planners.

The VCR program came about because we saw that we were getting a lot of conflicting feedback and ideas from our forums, social media messages, and other avenues that we communicate with our players. In order to hone (heh) that feedback, we decided to borrow an idea from other game communities and start up a community council that would allow those with interest to help us focus the wants and needs and suggestions of the community so they we could communicate it more clearly to Gravity (the developers up until March 2016).

VCRs would provide class-specific feedback. They would put their public application on the forum, and we'd have the community vote to see if they should be in. We found the system was flawed, just like any other public vote system, because a player could get voted in just by using their guild to help push votes. We changed it so we would allow anyone to apply and join (as long as they weren't banned, because how are you going to help out if you can't play), and would implement a "Don't be a jerk" rule that allowed us to address each behavioral issue case-by-case. Typically, we'll issue a warning to a VCR that isn't representing what we want out of a volunteer, and we'd remove them on the second offense. If it's really bad, we just remove them. We also remove if a VCR is inactive for two weeks.

At a certain point, we transitioned CMs, and our new CM no longer wanted the VEP program. So, it got rolled into VCRs, and I invited all existing VEPs to join the VCRs if they wanted. Some did, some didn't. At that point, we decided to re-name it to "Volunteer Community Representative". We didn't change the name much because we figured people knew about the VCRs by now, and didn't think the name would be an issue. We can look into changing the name, but if your issue with the program is more than it's name, I am not sure changing the name is going to make much of a difference. They are representatives of the community to us, though I see the argument that certain players don't feel represented by them.

Well i was amongst the VCR group and my feedback is not complicated. Only few VCR players are working for the community, while most of current VCR players are working for themselves, i won't bring any screenshot here but within this program, rivalry is present, some players get bullied because of their decisions within the game not because of their ideas. As you guys know my old nickname was Solemia and in the game i was trashtalking/QQing and when i was a VCR, even if some of my ideas were really interesting, they were discarded but when some other players proposed the same ones, the ideas were miraculously approved. I'm not here to denigrate anything, VCR program is a good idea but not handled in the best way.

Furthermore, so many VCR players dare to propose changes about things they do not know and test.

Since we opened up applications, there has always been the issue that some players will come in to try and serve their own self-interest or the interest of their guild or group of friends. It's fairly easy for us to understand when we're being manipulated like that, but it does frustrate the other volunteers and players who are trying to aim for a better game for all players, and not just one that would allow their guild to continue to strive in PvP or to avoid any changes to their class that they don't like.

Typically, these players only spend a short amount of time in the program before they realize they can't manipulate easily, and end up leaving. Sometimes, by quietly becoming inactive. Other times, by making a big scene. It's something we are trying to find solutions to, but it's difficult, because we don't have a GM team dedicated to just the program.

I would suggest Exodus Cover-up Program (ECP) or Exodus Blunt Cover-up Program (EBCP) but I rather not, it would most likely be considered guild name shaming and the post removed from the forums. Also, it might stir-up some dissident voices and hoist shields against such claims.

Dang, Exodus guild. Haven't heard of them in a while.

I don't know what Cover-Up you're referencing, but I'd like to hear more.

You all make it sounds like VCR are the Evil Mastermind.
While all we did is just "Suggest" and talk about it

Example A :
- Why people prefer Cresc over Wizard?
- Because of crazy DoT from Cresc Pets
- What can we do to make Wizard shine again?
- Option A : Nerf Cresc. Option B : Boost Wizard
- Nerf Cresc? Without their Pets, Cresc was not that good to begin with.
- Boost Wizard? Their DoT is OP already
- *Discuss more

Example B : 
- Why people prefer SM over Priest
- Because of amazing cure with longer duration
- What can we do to make Priest shine again as a healer, not DPS
- Option A : Boost Priest Renovatio power. Option B : Nerf SM
- *Discuss about other aspects, such as comparing their DPS capability

Example C :
- How can we nerf PvP things withour hurting PvE aspects?
- Option A : Different set of gears. Option B : Nerf PvE monster
- *Discuss

Example D :
- People are sick getting killed by 1 shot skills. Without even a chance to heal themselves
- Option A : Make Def Stronger. Option B : Nerf the 1 hit kill skills
- *Discuss about the after effect for each option

Then WP decides the best course of action.

And please stop branding us with that VCR thing.
There's no "We VCR", there's no "You VCR" There's no "Them VCR"
There's only "Us, players"

This is correct. VCRs mainly discuss amongst themselves about changes. Often times debating or arguing over changes because they aren't all on the same side.

When ideas are good enough to put down, we have a program we use to organize those completed thoughts. When those are ready for us to review, we pull them internally and look at them to see if they make sense, if we agree with it, and all the bits and pieces that go into development that are hardly ever considered (Example: Swag/Kafra bind being removed allows our ticket system to free up those requests, which were bogging down ticket response times. So by making them not bound, it helps GMs respond to tickets quicker)

Why did you make swag stuff disassemble for 40 pieces and not 80 so we can 1:1 trade genders at the NPC? It really makes no sense. After the initial rush of trading around swag sets on the first 2 days, it's now hard as hell to gender/race trade sets because everyone's got what they wanted and people are starting to buy individual set pieces. Noel is a 50% chance drop from the box yet only 2 classes in the game are noel, good freaking luck to you if you want to trade a noel race for any human one. Just make them disassemble for 80 please and be done with it. Market prices will adjust accordingly, don't worry about this (they won't stay even close to their current values after a while anyway)

Also highly suggest removing CLS rune capability from these costumes, it's skewing PvP balance so badly. Redu players can stack it so high they're unkillable and with nerfs to hiders and BT, there's no way to kill redu SM, priest, BM, monk etc now, get rid of their free 45% stats from costume and maybe they'll die. Also allow +80 runes for all other costumes in game - as I've feared already half the server population is running around in the same boring looking costume cause it's gonna be superior to all others. It's not fair for our hard earned other costumes to now be irrelevant because of stats, nobody is going to buy a 3 slot costume atm because of this. Swag sets killed people looking unique and the costume market in one go.

Honestly, we doubled the dismantle number because we thought it was too low in addition to unbinding those items.

The main focus was to unbind those items, since it was bogging down our ticket queues.

Personally, I think the system was a mess as it was introduced, and we knew that if we unbound (unbind? unbounded?) those items, there might not be a reason to dismantle going forward. We wanted a more complex fix, we knew we wanted the items not to be bound as they were, but we also knew the longer we worked on it the more tickets would amass. There might be another change coming with that system (as well as additions), but this was a change we made to make everyones support issues go smoother and not be stuck behind people with tickets about Swag items.

Regarding CLS runes, CLS runes are one of our next focuses, since we are still working on balance fixes and finding new things we can do with PvP next (New PvP sets, better balancing, etc). We never liked the runeholes put into those cosmetic items, and knew it exacerbated the PvP imbalance. We could transition those runeholes to another runehole, and maybe to keep it consistent, change them to the standard runehole other costumes use. We would then have to distribute the runes that were placed in those items, and that's a large undertaking. We're tinkering with ideas on both of those areas right now.

GUYS CAN YOU REMOVE CLS attack & Def ON CUSTOME THIS RUNE MAKE THIS GAME INBALANCE....

some player cant kill because of too much reduction

and

some player can 1hit Kill other player because of CLS attack,

I think this is the reason why other player can 1HIT and cant kill because of too much reduction...

Sorry my english is bad  :p_sad:

Your English is great, no worries.

I mentioned above that we're looking into doing something like this, though I don't want to say it'll be exactly that and cause a panic for players that have spent time/money/zeny to socket their runes there. We are also looking at changes the way CLS runes work, though not entirely, so that we can avoid this sort of stat creep that caused them to go out of control.

The program is immensely helpful to us because there are so many of you, and most players never even touch the forum or contact us on messages (maybe only 15% of the player base do).

It's intent was to provide a way for the community's most involved players to reach us directly and discuss ideas, bugs, balance issues, and other RO2-related content with each other and our team. Using just the forum for those sorts of conversations wasn't always great because forum discussions take a long time. Real-time conversations really help knock the mud off some issues. We wanted to provide players the ability to reach us directly, but we also needed a way for players to discuss these ideas with each other, since not all ideas are created equal.

If you think we should change the name of the program, we can look into doing that.

If you think the program should operate differently, we can look into that as well.

Understand that non-constructive posts won't always get addressed. If you come to bash players or bash volunteers or bash anyone, you're not helping move the conversation along. I'm not going to edit or censor or block you (though a CM might if you break a rule), I am just not going to consider you.

If you want to have a better way of communicating about RO2 and the possibilities and plans of the future, I am down. Let's figure that out (but probably in a thread in Community Chat and not in this patch notes thread for visibility).

Let's figure it out.

#123 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:34 AM

The truth is that it was only called Volunteer Community/Class Representatives because Njoror likes to make VCR puns  

61IUTvy.jpg

This is exactly right.

#124 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:34 AM

Njoror,

If I could make a request, could you choose a different color for your posts, taking into account that the forum has two different themes: WP_Current, and WP_Deviant?  I prefer to use the darker background WP_Deviant theme, and your dark blue posts are almost unreadable.

Thanks

#125 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:35 AM

I also want to note we realize the permanent mounts in the new boxes are not currently tradable, but we're working to change that, so it'll go live either next week or the week after.

The change will be retroactive, so if you got a permanent mount from those boxes, it'll change to be tradable after we patch the fix in.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users