Regional Pricing Explained - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Regional Pricing Explained

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#26 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:18 AM

How about if I have family that live in Brazil and tell them to buy it for me is this ok?

How does this even sound okay?

#27 kest21

kest21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:23 AM

Coming from PH. I think it was in 2011, when pRO launched the premium service much like the VIP in iRO. 30days subscription just amounted to Php300.00, a day's work that time and $6 in today's conversion. Almost everyone availed that service because of easy leveling and drop/exp rate bonus, also, Php300.00 is easy to shelve out. 

Situation at the moment is $10:1kWPE = Php 500.00

I would have love to spend more but, Php 500.00 is 2-3days decent meal worth in here and it is my 1.5days work pay(me living in a rural area).

Perhaps if $6:1k WPE, that would be great. Just contain it in our region to prevent abuse.

Just for comparison. A friendly American expat monthly pension proximate to us amounted to Php150,000.00 converted. Damn, that's roughly 10months worth of my work time. Hahaha, Anyway, I know he deserved it for what he's done. Wish I get to that point in my life ASAP though. LifeRNGEESUUSS please!!!

#28 Rockincola

Rockincola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationHobo box
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 October 2016 - 08:43 AM

I think it'd be cool if Warpportal has those discounts at certain months/weeks as a promo, like other games. (10%/20% off etc)

I'd be more inclined to buying more WPE then.

#29 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:13 PM

+1 For this thread. Whoever thought of this deserves a bottle of beer!

An adjustment for rates on our region would be nice.Just a little cut if ya may. It's sad but most pRO players don't want to return because they kinda figured out that they will end up spending alot. True , you don't really need VIPs nor WPE to play but we can't deny the fact that most RO players are hard-workers in real life so they won't have the time to grind like hell like we all used to so VIP services and the goods ya can get in a cash shop really work wonders.

On the other hand , there are folks who are thinking that doing an adjustment might be a loop hole that can be abused by those who really don't mind spending. Well, we really can't have everything but something is still better than nothing, right?

its all about the dum dum duh dee dum dum.  :gg:

Just hoping ya guys can sort this one out to make it a reality :)

Edited by Lazaruce, 28 October 2016 - 01:23 PM.

#30 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 28 October 2016 - 02:12 PM

+1 For this thread. Whoever thought of this deserves a bottle of beer!
An adjustment for rates on our region would be nice.Just a little cut if ya may. It's sad but most pRO players don't want to return because they kinda figured out that they will end up spending alot. True , you don't really need VIPs nor WPE to play but we can't deny the fact that most RO players are hard-workers in real life so they won't have the time to grind like hell like we all used to so VIP services and the goods ya can get in a cash shop really work wonders.

On the other hand , there are folks who are thinking that doing an adjustment might be a loop hole that can be abused by those who really don't mind spending. Well, we really can't have everything but something is still better than nothing, right?

its all about the dum dum duh dee dum dum.  :gg:

Just hoping ya guys can sort this one out to make it a reality :)

I'll take that beer now. ;)

#31 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:48 PM

I'll take that beer now. ;)

If I could only hand it over :heh:

#32 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:31 AM

I would like to mention that "There is a rich kid in every country who play this game." so making a discount for regional purpose might or still lead to imbalance and for some dark side minded this is a loop hole.

Beside, this is a game, and spending some cash for VIP is for entertainment purpose and also the privileges and bonuses are good enough for the payment, at the moment.

And also, some of my friends (in game and some are from US) who can afford are hesitant to buy VIP, they said "This is just a game why pay for it?." Anyway this is just a game and I'm a VIP for a reason that "I enjoy this game" and paying for a VIP is my way of saying "I love this game and appreciate it."

My point is why regional discount if you can give global discount since some Americans are still in limited resource like people in my country and other country.

BTW life is not fair.

#33 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 10:56 PM

this is actually the norm in other games if i'm not mistaken. why is this not implemented yet?

#34 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:notRO

Posted 06 November 2016 - 11:20 PM

I would love a discount but I think we have it pretty good where I live so I prefer if other countries with lower money per

hour rate get it if they can, I know I could probably not be able to afford it where I originally come from so I get both sides of the situation.

Anyways, thanks Camp for explaining this.

#35 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:16 PM

México

Mexico minimal wage is not for hours but for worked day, aka, 8 hours of work per day

The actual convertion rate between Mexican Pesos (MPX) and us dollars is  $18.59 MXP = 1USD

the minimal wage is 73.04 MXP per day = 3.92 USD per day = 0.41 USD per hour

so in the hipotetical case someone from my country who lives with the minimal wage want to buy around 1k wpe (10usd) he need to work 24.39 hours or 3 labor days an a little more

some of my friends, mostly young ones cant afford that or see it as a waste of money and prefeer trying to buy cash shop stuff with zenny with the chance of being scammed

to buy wpe for those who don't have credit, one of the most used payment methods around the country is oxxo stores, todito cash could be another option but soon gonna be discontinued

Edited by LeonFlare, 07 November 2016 - 06:46 PM.

#36 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:21 PM

Since the exchange of USD in our country  is going high

(50 php= 1 USD is coming!!!) 

This kind of discount is very helpful

#37 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:36 PM

yes please

for indonesia. the minimum wage is 0,47 USD per hour.

as of now, using Boku, a 66000 IDR is equal to 5,07 USD. it gives about 440 WPE.

Hope you can review each region comprehensively.

#38 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:49 PM

Will be nice to check Mexico, last year was (i think was less than 1 year) USD= $13 and now is 1 USD= $19. i can buy 2 burritos with that :v

#39 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:39 PM

Are we really still discussing burgernomics here?

#40 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:45 PM

Yes please the minimum wage in Thailand is 300 bath a day. Assume the ex. rate 35 bath/USD, Thai players only make $8.5714 a day. We work 8 hours a day. That is only $1.0715 per hour. Can We also get a special rate? Paying $10 for VIP is too much for me to handle :(

I know it's NOT WP fault that we are 3rd world country and that our currency is weak but please consider our hardships D:<

Edited by ChakriGuard, 08 November 2016 - 03:48 PM.

#41 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:00 PM

This is lovely, I'd finally be able to get that Jollibee Champ atleast once per month rather than Angel's Burger if prices go down for the Philippines.  :rice:

VIP subscription's price is almost the same as that of pRO but the boxes are just way too much to spend on nonchalantly 

#42 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:54 AM

Yes please the minimum wage in Thailand is 300 bath a day. Assume the ex. rate 35 bath/USD, Thai players only make $8.5714 a day. We work 8 hours a day. That is only $1.0715 per hour. Can We also get a special rate? Paying $10 for VIP is too much for me to handle :(

I know it's NOT WP fault that we are 3rd world country and that our currency is weak but please consider our hardships D:<

Thats a lot of bath.

#43 Kuroyukiii

Kuroyukiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:48 AM

all these people talking about minimum wage and complain about it. I am pretty sure you should not spend(waste) any money on games unless you have extra(after deducting final cost of living).

i am sure most player that pay2win(i am exaggerating), have income above way more than minimum wage coz a poor people should buy and spend on what you need not what you want.

Atleast, make sure your family eat 3 meals a day then talk about discussing why a game should be priced based on minimum wage.

You know you are poor then educate and improve.

#44 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:11 AM

Only do this if you intend to have regional servers. Have you ever considered the effect of regional pricing to WPE/KP to zeny rates? You're giving a huge advantage to BR/PH/ID/etc in this aspect. I think this move would also encourage people to buy WPE from their friends via PayPal or whatever, instead of directly through warpportal.

Edited by 1756492860, 10 November 2016 - 07:12 AM.

#45 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:16 PM

all these people talking about minimum wage and complain about it. I am pretty sure you should not spend(waste) any money on games unless you have extra(after deducting final cost of living).

i am sure most player that pay2win(i am exaggerating), have income above way more than minimum wage coz a poor people should buy and spend on what you need not what you want.

Atleast, make sure your family eat 3 meals a day then talk about discussing why a game should be priced based on minimum wage.

Lol @ people not getting it. Regional pricing accounts for factors (e.g. minimum wage) foreign exchange rates couldn't. Without it, a dollar (USD) earned and spent in the US amounts more than than a dollar (in USD as well) earned and spent elsewhere in the world - most of the time, at least. I don't know if this will surprise you but, anything regarding willingness to spend on the game and economic status of an individual is actually irrelevant to this topic :)

Only do this if you intend to have regional servers. Have you ever considered the effect of regional pricing to WPE/KP to zeny rates? You're giving a huge advantage to BR/PH/ID/etc in this aspect. I think this move would also encourage people to buy WPE from their friends via PayPal or whatever, instead of directly through warpportal.

I don't see how warpportal would be negatively affected by this.

Edited by mikkotinamide, 10 November 2016 - 11:53 PM.

#46 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:46 PM

instant noodles 3x per day seems legit.

#47 Kuroyukiii

Kuroyukiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:45 AM

Lol @ people not getting it. Regional pricing accounts for factors (e.g. minimum wage) foreign exchange rates couldn't. Without it, a dollar (USD) earned and spent in the US amounts more than than a dollar (in USD as well) earned and spent elsewhere in the world - most of the time, at least. I don't know if this will surprise you but, anything regarding willingness to spend on the game and economic status of an individual is actually irrelevant to this topic :)

I don't see how warpportal would be negatively affected by this.

i know what you mean. I myself is a country A citizen living in country B which use USD to wire funds. The amount of loss from just mere transaction is absurd. Not counting to pay for WPE i need to convert back into USD again. Just count how losses are there.

But, when i do pay for WPE, idc because i got much more spare money left in my disposal.

For exact reply on your quote, i am sorry for giving my thought. All of you who barely make living in your country, continue to spend on RO.

#supportregionalpricing

#48 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:56 AM

btw any updated news about this? camp? oda?

#49 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 11 November 2016 - 06:02 AM

This topic should be locked now. It has already served if purpose. Camp and Kuro already explained and hit on the nail.

#50 diikhlaskan

diikhlaskan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationJakarta, Indonesia, Payon City

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:49 PM

We are suggesting
Not complaining

0 user(s) are reading this topic