Topic

#2 Caelum

Caelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

Which aspect of TV are you referring to?

#3 darktie22

darktie22

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:40 AM

i think theres nothing wrong about it... it has high dmg, lower than gfist, but still high, can chose elements of each of the hits and can be amped, but in the other hand, it requires lot of skill points to reach, you have to summon spheres (with only lvl 1 summon sphere you have to summon them just before start casting) and have a gay cooldown time, so even casting it via release skill, you will still have to resummon the spheres (and would be unable to amp it). Its the best 1v1 magic skill but its pretty balanced due to requisites and time to get it ready to be casted... I dont see nothing wrong.

#4 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:43 AM

Me neither, but apparently if you see the skill tree of other people, nobody has it... Was wondering why.

#5 darktie22

darktie22

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:40 AM

I dont have it on my main warlock, i will have on my future mvp warlock. The reason is the high amount of skill points it take. Its impossible to have TV, radius lvl 3 and recognized spell lvl 5 at same time. (that plus you would want reading spell boook), so the alternative, is get recognized spell only lvl 2, so you will have it active 20 of each 60 secs. That skill is highly recomended while using +matk% and 2h staffs, the difference between max and min dmg is realy high, so for my woe build i droped TV, and took comet (you would prefer to kill a bunch of ppl rather than a single one unless that single is a recaller, but any good one would be able to survive a TV) and recognized lvl 5, to have it always on, its usefull even while leveling.

In the other hand, TV is realy good for pvp and mvp (just not for woe or leveling), even more when we get TV/comet books. But like i said, to be realy op, you should wait recognized spell cooldown while you dont have it active to make full dmg.

Thats why i decided to not take it in a woe build, in war comet is way more op than TV (you have suras,genetics and rks to kill whatever you cant kill with 3 comets in a row, one of them amped, supposing your only warlock and you already have comet book wich we should have here soon). TV is a kind of skill that you would use if your alone, but working in a team, my opinion is that comet is better (comet plus the skills you can get droping TV).

Edited by darktie22, 23 December 2010 - 03:40 AM.

#6 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:23 PM

That explains it all, thanks for the reply!

#7 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:07 AM

Check these out and decide...

#8 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:20 AM

It's a 35 point skill, leaving room in your build for little else once you take it. It's also a single target skill, and Renewal for the most part simply isn't a game of single target combat.

It *is* quite powerful, but in the mind of many lock players, it simply isn't powerful enough to justify how much you have to sacrifice to get it.

It's very similar to what Snap monks were before Trans came out. The skill was great, but you gave up so much to take it that it was hard to justify doing so.

Last but not least, outside of WoE, the only time you'll ever want to focus on a single target is when MVPing... however, nearly all bosses have huge MDEF now, which means that the apparently enormous hit will actually barely matter when it hits... and that's if you have time to set up TV in the first place!

Edited by Mwrip, 15 February 2011 - 11:21 AM.

#9 Wylnir

Wylnir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:07 AM

I find Tetra Vortex to be a very fun skill. I managed to kill lot of people with it, regardless of the time preparation. Arc Bishop, Geneticist and Warlock usually die in 1 TV. Other characters may survive, but in a cross-fire like WoE, it's 50% live/die. Before when I didn't have TV, I had trouble killing people.

#10 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

with the old 60% base damage for WoE you can actually kill a 150 RG or 150 RK w/o problem... now that it is 50% base damage... it depends mostly if you get your high matk all the time =S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users