Virtual Community Program? to Virtual Forum Program? - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Virtual Community Program? to Virtual Forum Program?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Fugcker

Fugcker

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 October 2016 - 04:48 PM

Suggestion for some VCR PROGRAM : if this is implemented or not? 

1st : is there any pvp vcr member or any pve vcr ? i suggest that there will be a VCR for PVE and PVP some other vcr are contradicting some balance movement(suggestion) on creating this balance i think you need to designated base on your game style on the game. not all people are positive on the balancing but few of them. my point is have a VCR program for PVE and VCR program for PVP so other people can fully enjoy what is Ragnarok Online 2 is all about cause other people in the GAME if your in the game really? or not? more people complaining. 

2nd: Im not pin-pointing all VCR cause some VCR are good in Game once a newbie/noob in the game they always respond but some are not responding what is vcr is all about your not a VFR (Vitrual Forum Representative) only in forum your active but in GAME tsk.tsk.tsk. (try to help the game not to kill the game near future help other new people to enjoy the game) think about it first when you will join the VCR program FYI i dont want to join VCR im just saying my suggestion on whats happening to us like me normal player in game i hope do your job not be a Keyboard warrior in Forum (if you have no way to reason with just do what vcr program is all about) .

read before you join please (http://www.playragna...ws/article/477#)

#nuffsaid

p.s cause we are on nerfing process i hope there will be a nerfing also in nerfing in VCR -p.s you can delete my thread if is this not allowed thanks.

http://imgur.com/99GVL3c

#2 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:50 PM

Hey,

Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding the VCR program, it first started sort of how you described it. The VCRs were mostly to organize a group of players that wanted to communicate with Warpportal, and through us Gravity, about the game's mechanics, issues, etc.  We also had a separate program called VEP, Volunteer Event Planner, that our CM Zanbee used to run. These volunteers were there to organize events and fun stuff for the community to do.

When CM Maridah came around,  she didn't want the VEP program anymore, so it was disbanded and I invited those members into the VCR program. Some of them came, some of them didn't. In doing so, we decided to make the VCR no longer "Volunteer Class Representative" but into "Volunteer Community Representative". The idea of "Representative" isn't so much that you are representative of other players, but of the community to Warpportal and Gravity. 

The benefits the program gave to us was better access to real-time feedback and issues, honing/focusing feedback and ideas into actionable and reportable pieces, and ways to allow the community to grow and create promoters of the game. For the community, our thought was to fix a glaring issue of lack of communication  (we weren't getting a ton of updates on the status of things or schedules back in the day) and allow players who had certain interests or passions an outlet to utilize those.

Now the program is malleable and ever-changing. We have VCRs only focused on PvP, some only focused on events, some only focused on writing new narratives that we want to put into the game, and some that sometimes only join the VCR program to have an "in" to information and share it with their guilds and friends (sometimes, without context, which causes people to panic). VCRs don't dictate design or schedules or bans or anything of that like, it all still filters through a hefty Warpportal filter, but they do get more real-time access to us in conversation. But, then again, so does anyone who wants to join or tweet/PM us.

#3 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:11 PM

The idea of "Representative" isn't so much that you are representative of other players, but of the community to Warpportal and Gravity. 

A community in an online game is composed of players. Not quite sure what you meant by that, if you meant each player individually at what point does a group of players represent a community to you?  I understand VCR aren't supposed to represent to WP each suggestion that is given by every player but if a group of players agrees on that something is wrong or should be in another way at what point should he represent them? For example a group of players in public chat that disagrees strongly with the Battle Tactics nerf or with the out of hide damage nerf.

You don't have to answer, I'm just throwing this outwhere for you to think and consider renaming the program.

#4 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:37 PM

A community in an online game is composed of players. Not quite sure what you meant by that, if you meant each player individually at what point does a group of players represent a community to you?  I understand VCR aren't supposed to represent to WP each suggestion that is given by every player but if a group of players agrees on that something is wrong or should be in another way at what point should he represent them? For example a group of players in public chat that disagrees strongly with the Battle Tactics nerf or with the out of hide damage nerf.

You don't have to answer, I'm just throwing this outwhere for you to think and consider renaming the program.

I mean in the sense of a focus group, at least that was the idea initially.

We are working on new ways to communicate with the community as a whole going forward, including an idea for me to start having weekly threads where I discuss what is going on and allow for questions. We should be able to reveal that soon.

But we can't account for players that don't participate in the conversation. Public Chat isn't a suitable place because there's waay more of you than us and we can't adequately gather feedback from public chat (could you?). So we're looking at other ways to connect better.

We could rename the program but, again, it wouldn't change the program but just the name. It's still not off the table, though, just doesn't seem really effective for what certain players are asking for.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users