Ragnarok and playing Free during the Holidays! Look inside - Page 2 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Ragnarok and playing Free during the Holidays! Look inside

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
179 replies to this topic

#26 SakuraMazaki

SakuraMazaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationCanada~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:19 PM

What happens to people's current subscription? (I just bought 2 - 6 month subscriptions this month o.o)

#27 robinsuu

robinsuu

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

You said something about a kafra point conversion menu that's supposed to pop up. I can't see it anywhere. Do you need any special browser-addon for it? I have clicked pretty much every button on both the RO and WP-website now without success.

Edit: Don't tell me you have to actually have WP points to be able to see the kafra popup? Would really appreciate if someone could reply at least..

Edited by robinsuu, 10 December 2010 - 05:37 PM.

#28 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:40 PM

You said something about a kafra point conversion menu that's supposed to pop up. I can't see it anywhere. Do you need any special browser-addon for it? I have clicked pretty much every button on both the RO and WP-website now without success.

Edit: Don't tell me you have to actually have WP points to be able to see the kafra popup? Would really appreciate if someone could reply at least..

from the warpportal main page click on:
power up
the plus sign next to the account name that you are activating the code for (on the left side of the screen)
click on the ragnarok game coupons tab
past the code into the box and youre good to go

Edited by JAYRAD, 10 December 2010 - 05:41 PM.

#29 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:13 PM

In reality the extra offerings will be more than it is currently, but what it won't control is access to the game on premium servers. Everyone that thinks about this has asked almost immediately about the bot stopping, and for that we have an answer that only premium accounts can create characters on the current premium servers, thus an initial payment, or a special invitation would be needed to create a character on our current Premium servers. Valkyrie players will get an option of the premium account as well, but you can create a few characters on Valk without an initial purchase; thus Valkyrie is still a free server.

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised. That's a first.

#30 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:19 PM

What happens to people's current subscription? (I just bought 2 - 6 month subscriptions this month o.o)

F2P allows you to access the game but with less than subscription benefits. If you have subscription you get better exp etc.

#31 mooMOOmoo

mooMOOmoo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:40 PM

Typical premium account bonuses:
+50% exp and drops
-50% exp loss on death
double storage size
Special dungeon teleport services:
* Magma Dungeon 1F (Yuno field gate)
* Mjolnir Dead Pit 2F (3F gate)
* Einbench Dungeon 1F (2F gate)
* Umbala Tree 2F (Trunk of Yggdrasil gate)
* Payon Cave 4F (5F gate)
* Toy Factory 1F (2F gate)
* Glast Heim Underprison 1F
* Glast Heim Culvert 2F (3F gate)
* Prontera Culvert 3F (4F gate)
* Undersea Tunnel 3F (4F gate)
* Louyang Dungeon
* Kunlun Dungeon 2F (3F gate)
* Turtle Island 2F (3F gate)
* Clock Tower B3F (B4F gate)
* Clock Tower 3F (4F gate)
* Sphinx 4F (5F gate)
* Pyramid 4F (south-east corner)
* Amatsu Dungeon 1F (2F gate)
* Ayotaya Dungeon 3F
* Moscovia Forest Dungeon
* Thor's Volcano
* Abyss Lake
* Geffen Dungeon (2F)
* Ant Hell
* Audhumbla Grassland
* El Mes Gorge
* The Tower of Thanatos
* Cursed Monastery

On ruRO you need a premium account to make characters, but the rest is subscription optional.

#32 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:05 PM

Well I guess this is one way to get more people onto ymir and ygg. I just hope it goes more smoothly than most other things tend to go.

#33 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:05 PM

Wow, Gravity's making it hard for me to break this crack addiction. :rolleyes: I personally don't see why they're still going to have 2 different types of servers, it's not like requiring a fee to create a chara will really stop the bot farms anyway. Just let the Valk players have their GTBs and such and get to work on that supposed dedicated bot team that Heim mentioned earlier to take care of the bots.
As far as the fee to create a chara, if I understand correctly, you only need to be on premium mode to create the chara, if it's already created you don't need the premium mode. Isn't that what ruRO does? How well does that work to keep bot farms out?

#34 Pingchan

Pingchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:13 PM

Valkyrie players will get an option of the premium account as well, but you can create a few characters on Valk without an initial purchase; thus Valkyrie is still a free server.

Does this mean we won't have access to all 9 slots or something in the future? What about already made characters?

#35 Supatony

Supatony

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:06 PM

Must.. find.. stuff to cry about.

Oh wait, I'm a Valk player.

#36 Studmanly

Studmanly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:09 PM

when will the emails be sent?

#37 Supatony

Supatony

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:11 PM

Can I transfer my 1/1 Novice from Ymir onto Valkyrie now? Or is there still a crime against Valk players?

#38 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:11 PM

when will the emails be sent?

They are already sent. I've gotten all mine.

#39 Studmanly

Studmanly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:12 PM

i see.. then when will i get mine sent

#40 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:15 PM

Not sure. Maybe they're coming in based on the order of your account's creation date? I've at one point paid for 3 accounts, two of which was from '02/'03. The codes for those two came about 7 hours before the one for the account I made a year or two ago finally arrived.

Edited by Miyuki, 10 December 2010 - 08:17 PM.

#41 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:27 PM

extended storage

I understand all changes... But storage?
I've been around 550~600 items for the past... >_>; Ever since storage was expanded.
Cutting our (Ymir) storage back to 300 if we don't pay is really going to hurt me. (And players who have similar hoarding problems as me)

I'm curious how this'll work too. I'm pretty sure my Ymir storage has over 500 items, and have no idea what'll happen if the limit is reduced to 300 without paying.

#42 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:31 PM

1 time fee to make an account

and rape bots

Edited by Cubical, 10 December 2010 - 08:32 PM.

#43 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:36 PM

Meh, so confusing T>T

#44 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:41 PM

Wow, finally! This is long, long over due. Even though I don't have time to play right now, I'm glad they are changing to this model so when I do have time, I can play for a bit without doing a month long subscription and feeling bad because I only play for a few hours.

#45 Suzz

Suzz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationProntera,IRO Valk Server

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:43 PM

Get ready to face more...zeny spammers...

#46 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

I've only gotten one e-mail for my alt account. My main account is still waiting...
I
Hmmm, but I guess I'm looking forward to F2P and not feeling obligated to play daily :rolleyes: I hope it does go well... And maybe I can do that 2nd slave account too...

#47 Suzz

Suzz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationProntera,IRO Valk Server

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:47 PM

is it possible tht we can transfer chrc from valk to premium server?

#48 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:57 PM

no emails here yet, accounts are about 6 years old (currently active).

In terms of the transition itself, does this mean a character on Ymir who doesnt have a paid subscription will have the same rates as Valk server? I'm not too concerned about exp/drop/upgrade rates but i would be concerned if storage size/char slot restrictions were placed on people who had paid for access to Ymir/Ygg.

Edited by Hrothmund, 10 December 2010 - 09:08 PM.

#49 Smexyness

Smexyness

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:32 PM

I'm confused.

Does this mean that people can only get onto the premium servers through an invitation or one time fee, and get access to premium content and people on valk can pay that fee to have premium content. Or does this mean all the servers are f2p, and you have to pay a subscription fee to get bonus content.

#50 kymmy

kymmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:39 PM

Everyone that thinks about this has asked almost immediately about the bot stopping, and for that we have an answer that only premium accounts can create characters on the current premium servers, thus an initial payment, or a special invitation would be needed to create a character on our current Premium servers. Valkyrie players will get an option of the premium account as well, but you can create a few characters on Valk without an initial purchase; thus Valkyrie is still a free server.

cant you put the invitation thing on valk too or a very small one time fee to even make a char?

there's going to be a massive move away from valk??, who wants to pay a subscription to a server that still going to be packed out with bots, thats like all the bad with more of the bad

hell i want to move from valk just reading that now, where can we transfer to lolz

is it just iRO doing it this way or all other countries too?

unless im reading that wrong all i see happening is people moving, you giving them a choice, basicly of paying if they want to level up right? but why would they pay to level up a char on a server full of bots when they can pay the same and not be on a server full of bots

welcome to pay to grind what type of server would you like, one with or without lots bots?
hm no bots please!
there you go m'am

is valk going to be cheaper or something i dont see where the tough choice is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users