Ragnarok and playing Free during the Holidays! Look inside - Page 3 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Ragnarok and playing Free during the Holidays! Look inside

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
179 replies to this topic

#51 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

Wow, Gravity's making it hard for me to break this crack addiction. :rolleyes: I personally don't see why they're still going to have 2 different types of servers, it's not like requiring a fee to create a chara will really stop the bot farms anyway. Just let the Valk players have their GTBs and such

No gtb and such cards was actually a buff on valk overall. Certain cards shouldn't exist on RO...

#52 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:41 PM

What if we have a 600/600 storage and then stop paying the sub? I hope the extra items don't disappear.

#53 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:55 PM

What if we have a 600/600 storage and then stop paying the sub? I hope the extra items don't disappear.

From what I recall on other servers, is that 600/600 (or whatever) storage is always enabled, but if you don't pay a Premium, you can't place more than 300 (or whatever) items in there. Now say you pay for a month, and put 500 items in storage, when your time runs out, you still have the 500 items in there, except you can't add any more in there until you get under 300 items again, although you can still take what you have in there out.

Now personally, I think extended storage being a premium service is rather silly, and makes things more muddled than it should be.

#54 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:56 PM

should be over 600 i think people are confused. current premium is that, and expanding it would be for future benefit. and we need to pay again even though were already on premium server? doesnt make sense, or just a 1 time fee even though we are currently on ymir...

#55 BerryPuff

BerryPuff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:42 PM

when will the emails be sent?

Did everyone get their email with the coupon code yet? Ny account is from 2004 and i am currently playing thr game. I didnt get mine yet

#56 Studmanly

Studmanly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:46 PM

still haven't
one acct is from 2004 two from 2006

jk just got one

Edited by Studmanly, 10 December 2010 - 11:03 PM.

#57 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

Maybe the extended storage will be something that only gets activated once, so after you've paid a subscription, it'll stay 600, even if your subscription runs out. That way, all current accounts stay on 600, all new accounts start with 300, and the instant they make a payment, it'll be increased to 600 forever. It's the simplest and most realistic way to implement it, I think.

#58 Ryche

Ryche

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:46 AM

Will the three servers stay as three servers?

This stuff is tender material, I certainly hope everything goes along smoothly.

#59 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:27 AM

No gtb and such cards was actually a buff on valk overall. Certain cards shouldn't exist on RO...

GTB is pretty worthless now, compared to preRE. Except for manhole and the other shadow chaser skills, magic is probably the least of my concerns as far as woe/pvp goes. For mvping, the immune to dispell is nice, but not game breaking.

#60 SisterGoat

SisterGoat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationWA, USA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:17 AM

I could see the friend invitations being abused easily to make lots of accounts which could create a bot problem. I suggest having a time delay to use invitations after an account has access to Ygg/Ymir, like 24 hours, so people don't make tons of more accounts with alt accounts at a rapid pace. Also have a delay after an invitation is used to use another one.

#61 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:38 AM

GTB is pretty worthless now, compared to preRE. Except for manhole and the other shadow chaser skills, magic is probably the least of my concerns as far as woe/pvp goes. For mvping, the immune to dispell is nice, but not game breaking.

Can you evade white imprision, and other skills that matter? I always thought that GTB evading magic like bolts and such wasn't its main use, but evading debuffs and targeted skills.

#62 Kenichi

Kenichi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:40 AM

Confusing >.>

#63 mikibong

mikibong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:41 AM

why not just merge all the servers together and divide it by 3; iris, loki and chaos, and let all rules apply. valkyrie-like restrictions if you dont pay and premium benefits if you pay subscription.

#64 kymmy

kymmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:47 AM

why not just merge all the servers together and divide it by 3; iris, loki and chaos, and let all rules apply. valkyrie-like restrictions if you dont pay and premium benefits if you pay subscription.

bcas the bots wuld annoy the fkkk out of EVERYONE

#65 kymmy

kymmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:10 AM

i think we need it explained to us better what exactly is going to happen

if i understood it right i hope they are ready for the mass exodus of valk with maybe 20% staying behind to farm the castles and keep the bots company

maybe theres a reason to stay on valk that im reading wrong

#66 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Transcendence (currently)

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:26 AM

My number one question is: Are they allowing transfers from Valk to Ymir? If so, how many characters could we transfer? I already have characters on my main, but could make room for the one on that account on Valk. Many of us on Valk have a few accounts, how will transfers work? (if allowed)

#67 robinsuu

robinsuu

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:29 AM

from the warpportal main page click on:
power up
the plus sign next to the account name that you are activating the code for (on the left side of the screen)
click on the ragnarok game coupons tab
past the code into the box and youre good to go

Thanks :rolleyes: Now it worked. I think what went wrong was that my account still wasn't verified by WarpPortal. Got an e-mail today saying it was and tried what you said.

#68 tukasa

tukasa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:13 AM

What are we doing for the holidays?

Well part 1 is inviting everyone back that has been a supporter of RO. Within the day or so any account that is not suspended, and has made a subscription/Points/VAS purchase since 2004 is going to get a code emailed to them for 14 days free subscription. These codes will only work 1 time per account, but that shouldn't be a problem given the next part.

The above is how we are letting everyone back in for the holidays.
And below is the big news that many of you have already thought about.

We will be going Free2Play in 2011. We are working out the timeline and the minute details (like our tools to handle it) currently, but it is planned to happen in the first month or 2 of 2011. We will switch to a premium subscription model, that will control:

• Bonus exp
  • Bonus drops
  • upgrade rate
  • death penalty
  • extended storage
  • access to premium content NPCs
  • Access to premium dungeons.
  • And accesss to create characters
In reality the extra offerings will be more than it is currently, but what it won't control is access to the game on premium servers. Everyone that thinks about this has asked almost immediately about the bot stopping, and for that we have an answer that only premium accounts can create characters on the current premium servers, thus an initial payment, or a special invitation would be needed to create a character on our current Premium servers. Valkyrie players will get an option of the premium account as well, but you can create a few characters on Valk without an initial purchase; thus Valkyrie is still a free server.

I can not understand what you said.
You forgot premium user paid Gravityã??till now.

#69 Risami

Risami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:34 AM

its nice we getting f2p but what about the bot problem how will that be handled?

#70 B1arg

B1arg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:35 AM

I keep getting error with coupon code

Im in the right spot
Ragnarok "game" coupons

Edit: Nvm after spamming it for hundreds of times it worked

Edited by B1arg, 11 December 2010 - 09:36 AM.

#71 fearfulways

fearfulways

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:12 AM

are the servers going to merge? that is, ymir+valk+ygg

#72 morakdais

morakdais

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:20 AM

Get rid of all the bots first, and fix the bug with upgrading with HD ori and elu(i just bought 10 ori and 10 elu can't use them to upgrade my +1halberd or my +1 full plate), and get rid of rental items. That would be the best gift ever.

#73 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:31 AM

Get rid of all the bots first, and fix the bug with upgrading with HD ori and elu(i just bought 10 ori and 10 elu can't use them to upgrade my +1halberd or my +1 full plate), and get rid of rental items. That would be the best gift ever.

Upgrading isn't bugged... if you read it carefully it only upgrade from +4 - +10, so it will not work on a +1 halberd or +1 full plate.

#74 morakdais

morakdais

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:47 AM

Upgrading isn't bugged... if you read it carefully it only upgrade from +4 - +10, so it will not work on a +1 halberd or +1 full plate.

yea the blacksmith's dialogue says otherwise and when I get a +4 he rejected it until I re logged.

#75 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:02 AM

So, just to get it clear: all severs will go to the same XP rate and only people who have a "premium feature" active will get higher xp - or will Valk still be on a lower rate compared to Ymir and Ygg?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users