Ragnarok and playing Free during the Holidays! Look inside - Page 8 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Ragnarok and playing Free during the Holidays! Look inside

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
179 replies to this topic

#176 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

We will be going Free2Play in 2011. We are working out the timeline and the minute details (like our tools to handle it) currently, but it is planned to happen in the first month or 2 of 2011. We will switch to a premium subscription model, that will control:

So,
could you please list all the info about this in a clear way? (mostly for all those people who are way more confused about it than me on this mess)
2 people even made a template just for you, in this thread. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/sterb041.gif
You simply need to fill in O:

#177 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

From what I understand Ygg and Ymir will revert to same status and effect such as rates and such as Valk, Valk still free to play and create characters so not much change. But Ymir and Ygg will be free to play once you pay a one off fee in order to keep the bots from overrunning the server like Valk, transfers probably fine from Valk to either Ymir or Ygg but you would have to pay transfer fee as normal but not the one time fee to (make characters aka open up initial character slots). Now on top of that you can pay sub for premium content which is the increased character spaces and exp/drop rates yadda yadda but for alt account if don't wish to use those features you don't have to pay sub.
I think all characters already on premium servers aka using 9 character slots etc none will be blocked unless you delete the character they become locked that space until you back down to the free amount of spaces available and because the space was empty no character in it shouldn't be problem. Unless they lock it regardless of characters in slot and to have access either have to make a new account and transfer so can use those like split account into 2, same with storage can't add more items until drops down to the free amount if you aren't paying your premium sub.
Sorry confused myself rambling on there, what I mean is if you have 9 characters you will still have access to all 9 after f2p, if you delete one and still over the non premium limit then you cant create another in that slot unless pay prem service fee. But if you dont delete and free up that spot it stays playable. Same with storage you might have 600 items already u can take things out but if your not on premium and your above the 300 limit items you cant add more until down under 300 or until u pay premium rate.
Valk will always be full of bots due to not implementing a pay a one off fee to it but Ymir and Ygg should be same as is now bot wise because the mass bot accounts wont be any more inclined to pay a one off anymore than paying to play already. So there wont be increase in bots on Ymir or Ygg.
The only thing I'm not sure about is the restrictions on cards and such if have one already equiped does that gear item or card get locked until pay sub for premium again?
I'll be the first to admit I'm not 100% sure about it all but thats just what I think it means.

As a side note could you also remove the drop penalty for lvl range as part of premium service subscriptions, that alone would make it worthwhile to pay for.
As a person who hunts for every item he can unless not high enough to down the mob aka MvP this would make my life so much easier as I dont have an alt for every lvl range of mob drop range so I'm basically hunting at 50% 24/7 and 150% drop rate only makes that 75% 24/7 even on P2P model currently.

Edited by dragoonlordz, 07 January 2011 - 09:03 PM.

#178 KeitobiPepsi

KeitobiPepsi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:10 PM

what gets me the most is wut are the premium NPC going to be??

certain kafra warp just like in valk? the ability to go into memorial dungeons.. i hope they dont restrict it that bad for free users under the premium server

Edited by KeitobiPepsi, 10 January 2011 - 12:17 PM.

#179 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

Well the premiums have the Kafra NPCs on WoE maps as well as the thingy that turns Treasure Boxes into starsand. Those I recall are premium-only NPCs.

#180 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:55 AM

so wait...does this mean valk will get the current premium server benefits, or will the current premium servers get valk-style gimps?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users