Incorrect Online Status Sort Order in Clans - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Incorrect Online Status Sort Order in Clans

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:56 PM

During last month, the online status sort order seems to work incorrectly.

Even though I had just logged in, my character would be placed almost at the bottom of the online list.

Same thing happened to other people, the order was kind of random & barely worked right.

Please investigate this.

Trang

#2 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:52 PM

I did some testing and here is what I discovered.

I like having my clan sort on "online status". If I get disconnected or log out to the login screen, when I relog my clan sort is still "online status" and I show as online and up at the top of the list. But if I close the client and reload it, the clan sort reverts to rank by default. I tried it with several characters always with the same result.

Is that what happens to you too? Because if so, I don't think this is a bug.  I think whenever open a client and log in, it goes to "rank"

#3 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:34 AM

Clan sort order preferences are not currently saved between client restarts, always defaulting to ordering members by clan rank.

#4 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:47 PM

I did some testing and here is what I discovered.

I like having my clan sort on "online status". If I get disconnected or log out to the login screen, when I relog my clan sort is still "online status" and I show as online and up at the top of the list. But if I close the client and reload it, the clan sort reverts to rank by default. I tried it with several characters always with the same result.

Is that what happens to you too? Because if so, I don't think this is a bug.  I think whenever open a client and log in, it goes to "rank"

No, that's not what I'm reporting here.

Clan sort order preferences are not currently saved between client restarts, always defaulting to ordering members by clan rank.

I've just logged in the first time this morning.

I opened Clan (Alt N) then changed to Online Status, I'm supposed to be on the top of the list because I've just logged in,

but in fact I'm in a random position, not on the top nor bottom but somewhere in the middle.

#5 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:09 PM

Post a screen shot of what you see. That might help explain it.

#6 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:05 PM

As you can see, I started a fresh client > login > view clan by online status > the order is incorrect.

---

UPDATE by November 21

Sort by Online Status means the most recently logged in player will be placed on the top,

followed by the guy logging in before him.

For example:

Player A: Just now

Player B: Online for 10s

Player C: Online for 30s

Player Z: Online for 10mins

In this video, I was supposed to be on the top of the list, because I was the most recently logged in player.

But in fact, I was placed in the middle, neither top part nor bottom part. The order followed no rule at all!

In conclusion, it is a sorting bug at the moment.

Edited by thetrangdamvn, 20 November 2016 - 05:03 PM.

#7 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:06 AM

I see what you mean,

But sorting clan by "online status" is something different then sorting by rank.

I don't think this is a bug, altough it would be nice to see online status in rank order starting with the clan master  :lol:

#8 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:25 AM

Ohh yeah ok now that I see it, I understant what you mean.   Cortiz is right. That's not a bug. If you choose to sort by online status, it doesn't look at rank at all. It's either rank or online status. but not both

Edited by HoneyBunz, 20 November 2016 - 11:27 AM.

#9 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:55 PM

I see what you mean,

But sorting clan by "online status" is something different then sorting by rank.

I don't think this is a bug, altough it would be nice to see online status in rank order starting with the clan master  :lol:

Ohh yeah ok now that I see it, I understant what you mean.   Cortiz is right. That's not a bug. If you choose to sort by online status, it doesn't look at rank at all. It's either rank or online status. but not both

I reported it as a bug because it's working differently than before.

Sorting by Online Status means the most recently logged in people will be place on the top.

For example, I've just logged in so I was supposed to be on the #1, then the guy who had logged in right before me will be on #2,

and so on.

It is a bug because currently the Online Status doesn't follow any rule: Neither sorting by online time nor by rank.

I understand these sorting criteria well, that's why I'm confident to issue it as a bug.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users