Get an Anti-Cheat Toolkit (GameGuard) implemented ASAP - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Get an Anti-Cheat Toolkit (GameGuard) implemented ASAP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FoxOh

FoxOh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Locationwww.youtube.com/channel/UC0DWX-fZySclSQMQZ9yzwtw
  • Playing:Metal Assault

Posted 04 November 2016 - 03:40 PM

For the love of Metal Assault, get an Anti-Cheat Toolkit implemented ASAP. Get GNISoft to install an Anti-Cheat Toolkit like HackShield or GameGuard. When Metal Assault was first launched before you guys, it had nProtect's GameGuard which was very effective in eliminating hacking activity and server lag caused from it. It did cause for a longer startup loading time, but it was well worth it. So what if the game takes 60 seconds to load instead of 30 seconds. I mean Aeria Games got GameGuard implemented in Metal Assault within 4 months of its launch (March-June 2011), you guys are now on month 9 (March-November 2016) and still have no Anti-Cheat toolkit to make Metal Assault a fair game to play. All Metal Assault is now, is a playground for hackers to make it pointless to spend any real money on the game. If you value your investment, then have GNiSoft implement GameGuard on their next major update, if we ever get a update. We been stuck on v1.1.3 forever. 

nProtect GameGuard (sometimes called GG) is an anti-cheating root kit developed by INCA Internet. It is installed alongside many Asian massively multiplayer online roleplaying games (MMORPGs) such as Rohan: Blood Feud, Lineage II, 9Dragons, Cabal Online, Phantasy Star Universe, GunZ: The Duel, Flyff, Rappelz, Luna Online, PangYa, Prius Online, Ragnarok Online and Alliance of Valiant Arms to block malicious applications and common methods of cheating. nProtect GameGuard provides B2B2C (Business to Business to Consumer) security services for online game companies and portal sites.

GameGuard hides the game application process, monitors the entire memory range, terminates applications defined by the game vendor and INCA Internet to be cheats (QIP for example), blocks certain calls to Direct X functions and Windows API's, keylogs your keyboard input, and auto-updates itself to change as new threats surface.

GameGuard possesses a database on game hacks based on security references from more than 260 game clients. Some editions of GameGuard are now bundled with INCA Internet's Tachyon anti-virus/anti-spyware library, and others with nProtect Key Crypt, an anti-key-logger software that protects the keyboard input information.

Games that use GameGuard include some releases of BlackShotAion: The Tower of EternityFlyffGunBoundLineage IIPhantasy Star Online Blue BurstPriston TaleRagnarok Online, and Seal Online.

Edited by FoxOh, 04 November 2016 - 04:23 PM.

#2 CeritaHantu

CeritaHantu

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:36 AM

Game Guard, not very usefull, I have ever seen my friend use cheat engine on nProtect Game Guard.

#3 FoxOh

FoxOh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Locationwww.youtube.com/channel/UC0DWX-fZySclSQMQZ9yzwtw
  • Playing:Metal Assault

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:50 PM

As someone who played Metal Assault regularly back when Aeria hosted it. I can vouch it did its job, not much of any hackers showed up after nProtect's Game Guard was implemented. Of course no hack shield is perfect, but I'd much rather endorse its implementation than discourage it.

Edited by FoxOh, 22 January 2017 - 12:51 PM.

#4 GokuBlackBR

GokuBlackBR

Amateur Blogger

• MA Recon Squad
  • 329 posts
  • Twitter:@BlackMontz
  • LocationBrazil
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Sunshine Coast

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:48 AM

Administrators monitoring the rooms inside the game would be great.
It is clear that the increase in hacking is due to the absence of online administrators.

There is a hacker winning items in the tournament already 2 weeks ago, I and 3 more players filmed and we sent tickets and until yesterday the hacker was still online.

We see that there was a terrible organization in the warpportal when we talk about Metal Assault.
I believe that by the current state of the game there is no warpportal interest in improving the game, because the reality is different.

#5 Kirx

Kirx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  • LocationSPHINX ---DESERT TRADING CENTER
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:JOURNEY S7 Ragnarok

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:32 PM

Game Guard, not very usefull, I have ever seen my friend use cheat engine on nProtect Game Guard.

R u sure cos game guards impede smoothie gaming!

It causes so much lag or connectivity disruptions i cannot see any good

why use game guard still when it is obsolete!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users