[R] iRO Chaos WoE TE - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

[R] iRO Chaos WoE TE

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#51 Castiel999

Castiel999

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:41 AM

Let's look at the larger perspective.

WoE 1.0,2.0:4pm PST, 11pm GMT. 7am SEA

WoE TE: 9am PST, 4pm GMT, midnight SEA.

All 3 WoEs are currently in the PST comfort zone.

1.0 and 2.0 are a little late for EU.

1.0 and 2.0 are a little early for SEA.

TE is too late for SEA, especially with daylight savings.

Pulling WoE TE timings back an hour would put NA on par with SEA's usual WoE1/2 timings, nothing too horrible. I think it's fair to have at least one WoE that's more open to other timezones rather being tailor-made for NA alone. 

That being said, of course everyone's a selfish piece of Poo.png. No one wants to wake up early on a Sunday so others can make it to WoE, even though the "others" have to do the same for every other WoE they have to make. I also love how everyone accuses the OP (Schitter) of acting in his own selfish needs, when in reality his own timezone is not SEA, and it's not his own guild's attendance that's going to be hurt. 

I suggest we put the matter to vote via an in-game NPC. If that's not possible, fb+forums will have to do. Precautions of course will need to be taken to avoid forms of cheating. The objectively best method is whichever causes the least players to quit. If there are indeed too many lazy 'muricans compared to early-to-bed asians, then it's better to keep the timings unchanged.

And before anyone starts with all the "suck it up" BS, I already wake up at 4am to do WoE 1 and 2 so don't even go there. TE is at a very comfortable time for me, whether or not the time gets pulled back. So personally it affects me not at all. Some of us like to think beyond our own short term self interest.

+1 to this and OP's post.

Please CM revert the timings 1 hr back. Losing 1/4 or 1/3 th woe te population due to timings issue is questionable by all means.

Its bad administration to neglect certain regions player's problem. Woe 1 & 2 are already at an odd time for SEA, please don't make them suffer more.

Hope CM takes up this issue and have a chat with other players being affected.

P.S.- The current times don't hurt me in anyway but I have some friends playing from SEA who couldn't Woe TE due to the time change.

#52 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 November 2016 - 01:15 AM

Let's look at the larger perspective.
WoE 1.0,2.0:4pm PST, 11pm GMT. 7am SEA
WoE TE: 9am PST, 4pm GMT, midnight SEA.

All 3 WoEs are currently in the PST comfort zone.
1.0 and 2.0 are a little late for EU.
1.0 and 2.0 are a little early for SEA.
TE is too late for SEA, especially with daylight savings.
Pulling WoE TE timings back an hour would put NA on par with SEA's usual WoE1/2 timings, nothing too horrible. I think it's fair to have at least one WoE that's more open to other timezones rather being tailor-made for NA alone.

That being said, of course everyone's a selfish piece of Poo.png. No one wants to wake up early on a Sunday so others can make it to WoE, even though the "others" have to do the same for every other WoE they have to make. I also love how everyone accuses the OP (Schitter) of acting in his own selfish needs, when in reality his own timezone is not SEA, and it's not his own guild's attendance that's going to be hurt.

I suggest we put the matter to vote via an in-game NPC. If that's not possible, fb+forums will have to do. Precautions of course will need to be taken to avoid forms of cheating. The objectively best method is whichever causes the least players to quit. If there are indeed too many lazy 'muricans compared to early-to-bed asians, then it's better to keep the timings unchanged.

And before anyone starts with all the "suck it up" BS, I already wake up at 4am to do WoE 1 and 2 so don't even go there. TE is at a very comfortable time for me, whether or not the time gets pulled back. So personally it affects me not at all. Some of us like to think beyond our own short term self interest.

Totally agreed. This is iRO, INTERNATIONAL ragnarok online, not AmericaRO or USaRO. Most of the players nowadays don't even live in the USA. But everyone is selfish as hell, so even if we are losing a 50 people guild when in TE we have less than 150 players at the moment all good, right?

#53 MGOU

MGOU

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:30 AM

if its gonna be changed, might as well set it to an entirely new time.

1 hour back would not be much of a change from 1am to 12am for 

some of us.

yes it would be more fun if more peeps participate in TE.

Edited by MGOU, 07 November 2016 - 02:31 AM.

#54 Kinguard

Kinguard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:57 AM

What is the difference with a guild quitting woe te due to timing and a whole lot of new players quitting due to MVP cards available for woe te? it is JUST 50 PLAYERS, dont worry it is nothing compared to the whole lots of newbies who quit due to the mvp cards accessible in woe te. Be fair remember? woe "Training Edition", not woe "Veteran Edition".

Edited by Kinguard, 07 November 2016 - 03:00 AM.

#55 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:05 AM

Here we go again

#56 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:09 AM

What is the difference with a guild quitting woe te due to timing and a whole lot of new players quitting due to MVP cards available for woe te? it is JUST 50 PLAYERS, dont worry it is nothing compared to the whole lots of newbies who quit due to the mvp cards accessible in woe te. Be fair remember? woe "Training Edition", not woe "Veteran Edition".

They should make woe restriction like rwc.

#57 Tabriki

Tabriki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:38 AM

at least upload something to your channel Lord Tabriki :p_love:

I did already, but this isn't the place to talk about that.

On topic:

Scheduling anything ever will be a problem if it involves fitting people from around the world that can have up to 10+ hrs. difference. It just won't happen unless it's set to weekends when there's bound to be some demographic forced to wake up really early just for a 1hr event that's constantly losing appeal. There WILL be people that can't (or won't) make it and it's the "won't" part (or the "appeal" part) that everybody here is not taking into consideration.

#58 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:07 AM

Silly kids u don't dictate time unless asked to. Last time I check it was final. LET'S hope oda and the rest jeep it like that. WHOSE with me ;)

#59 Hopscotches

Hopscotches

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationRainbowfields
  • Server:Both

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:32 AM

It's a battle between keeping the time as it is while losing a lot of players versus reverting it and bringing those players back.

Regardless, 12-1 AM WOE on a Monday isn't so bad (attending WOE is always a choice anyway) but 1-2 AM makes a lot of difference on my side especially if I have school/work at 7 AM. 

#60 AAEM

AAEM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:34 AM

You can't spot the difference, can you?  :ani_swt:

#61 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:38 AM

It's a battle between keeping the time as it is while losing a lot of players versus reverting it and bringing those players back.

Regardless, 12-1 AM WOE on a Monday isn't so bad (attending WOE is always a choice anyway) but 1-2 AM makes a lot of difference on my side especially if I have school/work at 7 AM.

Yeah it seems so, although maybe there's a chance new guild appear because this shifting time. I'm not sure though, gathering people for woe it's hard to do. It's not simple thing. require dedication, motivation and supply for member

12-1 AM WOE for who live at jakarta, capital of indonesia. if They live at middle island ex: Bali indonesia, WOE start at 1 AM until 2 AM. Other south east asian country have similiar time
People in Indonesia actually start school/work at 6.30 AM

People whining about decreased WOE attendant because kro update. But from my point of view, community itself is the biggest factor why most people quit or doesn't interest join woe

#62 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:39 AM

<>

To keep the thread on topic, here's my take on it.

Give it a few weeks, and see how the numbers work out.  One WoE isn't enough data to warrant a change on it's own, and that's not even taking into account the fact that the time change happened only 7 hours before WoE.  The community can argue their case until their blue in the face, but the actual data from a few woes, adjusted for giving people time to adapt to the new time, is more important than how people feel.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 07 November 2016 - 07:46 AM.
Potential flamebait.

#63 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:51 AM

Cleaned again and I hope it is the last, further derail and dramatic postings will not be tolerated.

Note: I am not going to remove anymore posts but I will send the problematic forum account into a probation instead.

#64 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:56 AM

Give it a few weeks, and see how the numbers work out.  One WoE isn't enough data to warrant a change on it's own, and that's not even taking into account the fact that the time change happened only 7 hours before WoE.  The community can argue their case until their blue in the face, but the actual data from a few woes, adjusted for giving people time to adapt to the new time, is more important than how people feel.

The same thing happened the past year already. When the guild +13 muramasa completely quitted the WoE TE scene after the time switch. Do we want to keep losing guilds until we only have one guild left?

#65 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:57 AM

<>

True enough, the goal after all is to find a way to ensure maximum TE attendance, doesn't matter what guild or what location. Whatever timing best fits those needs should be taken. 

A better analysis could be made if we have the server data with locations during WoE before daylight savings, after daylight savings, and after testing tentative changes for a little bit. All that depends on the GMs' ability to obtain said data, though. And I still think a vote would be better, with tight restrictions to make sure no one cheats.

Edit: The problem with that though, is that as we wait, the issue inevitably dies down and people come to terms with the fact that a whole guild is gone for good, and then the GMs are far more prone to inaction. As we have seen in countless cases. And just because people voicing discontent die out, doesn't mean the problem is solved. It is more so that people have given up trying to solve the problem. That is not an outcome anyone interested in WoE TE health would want.

Edited by WolfTri, 07 November 2016 - 07:59 AM.

#66 Schitter

Schitter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1071 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:23 AM

We have no issues about MVP's being disabled in WoE TE, wed even welcome it, as sayed in the past wich would balance WoE TE out greatly and let newcomers have a more fair fight and improove trough gameplay. Tho this is a entire other topic.

As others alleready mentioned, a new vote on WoE TE time to moove it back by a hours would be appreciated. Waiting for the outcome to change it in january maby?
Wont happen, pepole will adjust and not WoE wich cannot attend WoE hence guilds wich dont participate will not advertise to get new members and grow. Coming back from such is hard, timeconsuming.

Why not lern from the past when it was alleready discussed last year and nothing changed. We do not need more guilds quitting a WoE where the population doesnt exeed max 200.

The main issue is, if you check previous WoE TE Time discussion, majority would have preferred a Time later than what it may be now but that was than when you had Smokies, Synergia, Clandestine, Ani, Ice Pick, 3 Stars, Redemption ...

Now situation has changed where we dont even have half of those guilds and hence 1 guild being affected by a Time swich makes a major impact in the WoE scene activity.

Do we really want that and wait till all is dead than say yeh... lets change it and hope new guildleaders will pop up and start organizing WoE TE again anew?

We should try and revitalize it not kill it and wait till its compleatly dead.

Older WoE Time posts:

Oct 2014

Dec 2014

Nov 2015

Why not make a new Poll and Vote!! Its a new year, cant we have a new time suggestions? Its not the same guilds wich woed back than still active woe now. And TE population went down -50% since 2014.

#67 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:31 AM

Cleaned again and I hope it is the last, further derail and dramatic postings will not be tolerated.
Note: I am not going to remove anymore posts but I will send the problematic forum account into a probation instead.

Who is giving my cinnamon a hard time? That's my job only.

#68 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:41 AM

Since it's only an hour long Friday's TE time could be a little more fluid.

So what even happen to it being Friday night?

#69 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:51 AM

So what even happen to it being Friday night?

Even less people would attend.

#70 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:58 AM

From experience, its easier to stay awake until late than waking up early lol
(Thats why i missed the last month of TE :v)

#71 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:02 AM

Even less people would attend.

I work Friday nights anyways haha

#72 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:05 AM

I work Friday nights anyways haha

That sucks =( Idk, it's hard to balance times for everyone. There's always going to be a "losing" side.

#73 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:34 AM

That sucks =( Idk, it's hard to balance times for everyone. There's always going to be a "losing" side.

TBH people in the states are just being babies. It's 1 hour earlier to wake up, go to sleep after TE ends if it's a big deal for that hour of sleep before you sit at the computer and play video games all day.

#74 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:32 PM

Here we go again

#75 LALY06

LALY06

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:46 PM

please change the woe TE to its original time so we can join the WOE TE at cHAOS........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users