Unpopular update! Unactive game! - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Unpopular update! Unactive game!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#1 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:52 PM

So, was just speaking with [CM]Dragonlark on Twitch, and asked a bunch of questions! I thank her for taking the time to answer my questions and am taking her advice of opening a forum post.

So, lets start with "Where has everybody gone?" After the latest Cartel and attack speed nerf update it seems the game has become VERY VERY inactive, I would like to ask the community and the ROSE team "What does everybody think?" and would we prefer our attack speed back or keep it the way it is?

In this Cartel update, there have been a number of changes I am going to pin point some of them and sort of label the issues that came with these that I personally dislike, and a few of my friends dislike too.

• Attack speed nerf.

Okay so, Obviously they seriously reduced the attack speed of the game, this nerfed classes like raider that were melee attack power based. As most of the community were raiders this didn't seem so popular for the most part, and I actually believe it has unbalanced the game quite heavily. I find it very difficult to kill a cleric with just skills, especially when you spend the majority of your skills trying to break their mana shield!

I've also noticed it's very hard for classes like champs, knights or anything that's not long ranged (excluding raider because they have stealth) to actually catch and kill a long ranged character with just skills.

• Inactive game arena

Upon this update we are required to re-gear and rebuild our characters to fit in with the new patch. I personally can't do this because there is never any game arena in my time zone, I don't think new "Pvp" updates will fix this because the players that have quit have done so because they liked it the way it was before, and are tired of having to rebuild every 5-6 months. (Feedback from friends who have quit the game)

• No goulash?

I understand that cartel is suppose to be like "Game arena practice" but upon release it seems training ground has become dead content. I know Cartel was popular because it turned pvp wars from "Pay to win" with boosters and eggs into a more fair context with stats buffs and red pots only, but the problem with this is we can't defend against damage over time effects at all, and for classes like me (scout) we get dominated by the likes of raider which have multiple burns and poisons. Maybe think about adding goulash into cartel to balance out the pvp and make it abit more fair for all classes.

• Runes

These are insanely powerful gems, and for me I will never be able to collect them as I don't play when game arena's are active, maybe consider weakening these abit so it's no so much of a gap between players who have the time zone advantage and those who don't. (Just a thought)

• Untradable gear

This is an old update, but I feel it has made the game inactive also I use to play game arena to make money by farming the Armour and selling to for profit, I personally find the PVM unrewarding and very boring so that was my way of enjoying the game, maybe we could ask the community and rose team what their opinions of making honor items free to trade again? This would also fix the problem of me and others not being able to get our own items because of lack of players in game arena in our time zones, we could just farm the zullie in other aspects of the game and purchase with that.

That will do for now, I do have other issues that need addressed but I would like to bring these up first.

#2 XXTHECHANPIONXX

XXTHECHANPIONXX

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:12 PM

I totally agree with you, after this update the game lost majority of its players. On the other hand, some came back but they have no intentions on getting those runes because it is absurdly hard to obtain a single one and the game is already hard enough. This update is the reason why ROSE is not getting new players. 

#3 2048160605092950270

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:36 PM

the attack speed nerf really sucked lost alot of good players because of that. i suggest that with game arena that it would require less people to start. 

#4 Negg

Negg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:38 PM

Do not forgot to include knights taunt. they are hella annoying in AA and any arena when they group together. Also,they make cleric impossible to kill because u always switch target every single time when a knight use his taunts. Since, they nerf aoes  I feel like I dont want to play bourgs or mages anymore because they are like creeps in Arena.

#5 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:49 PM

the attack speed nerf really sucked lost alot of good players because of that. i suggest that with game arena that it would require less people to start. 

Totally man, I would very much like my aspd back it seems too luck based with this skill based pvp in my opinion

Do not forgot to include knights taunt. they are hella annoying in AA and any arena when they group together. Also,they make cleric impossible to kill because u always switch target every single time when a knight use his taunts. Since, they nerf aoes  I feel like I dont want to play bourgs or mages anymore because they are like creeps in Arena.

Oh yes very much so! I don't get to play AA very often but I agree they are quite the annoyance. They seemed to have nerfed that without thinking of the outcome :/

#6 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:26 PM

I think the perception of how active or inactive the game is changes based on what you are looking at. For every player that has "quit", I bet I can name a player that has returned or a brand new ROSE player. In my years of experience in ROSE on several servers, there are always cycles where players stop playing because of work, school, family and life. Then they come back for a bit or for longer. It's like the tide: it flows back and forth. This year is no different from last year or any other year.

The lack of people in the pvp games is due to the problem with lag, which i think someone explained in that other topic you made about this. Genesis said they think they have a fix for issue and it will probably be applied in the next maint. Then hopefully  everyone won't always get disconnected and lose their GA energy and they will feel confident to start signing up again.

As I recall, it was the pvp community that moaned and complained about tg and how it was so unfair and that's what caused the Junon Cartel to be created. I guess that old saying "be careful what you wish for" is true lol.  But nothing is stopping anyone from using tg if they prefer an "anything goes" enviroment. . I suspect there are less wars because everyone is doing dungeons so they can empower their Paradigm Runes, since you need mats from the dungeons to do that and everyone who has them wants them maxed of course.

Can't say much about the attack speed nerf other than it was part of the big June update and since Pegasus was open for literally months while the Runes, Elements, and other changes were being worked on, seems to me there was plenty of time for anyone who really cared to go test it out and give their feedback. I'm sure Gen is open to tweaking some stuff within reason.

Honestly, I can't believe that the trade restriction system is still being mentioned. It was implemented over two years ago. Everyone has adjusted to it. Time to leave it behind you and move on. It's not gonna change and I don't see any reason why it should. Most other games have a similar system. It's not a big deal.

#7 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:07 PM

I think the perception of how active or inactive the game is changes based on what you are looking at. For every player that has "quit", I bet I can name a player that has returned or a brand new ROSE player. In my years of experience in ROSE on several servers, there are always cycles where players stop playing because of work, school, family and life. Then they come back for a bit or for longer. It's like the tide: it flows back and forth. This year is no different from last year or any other year.

Okay, so what you are saying is that if we wait until spring break there will be lots of players again? So it should be the same as 2013 etc right? tho in 2013 there was always active game arena's all day long throughout the whole year until the skill update was implemented.

Yes there will be more players towards spring break but no where near as many as previous years, I also have been playing this game for a very very long time (since beta) it was my childhood, and throughout the years i've been watching it die more and more.

The lack of people in the pvp games is due to the problem with lag, which i think someone explained in that other topic you made about this. Genesis said they think they have a fix for issue and it will probably be applied in the next maint. Then hopefully  everyone won't always get disconnected and lose their GA energy and they will feel confident to start signing up again.

Yes this is true to a point, but it's not just down to "lag" if you were to go around rose and ask people what they dislike about rose and why they think the community is shrinking they would mostly say because of unwanted updates, (that's the reaction I got from people who still play, and who have already quit)

As I recall, it was the pvp community that moaned and complained about tg and how it was so unfair and that's what caused the Junon Cartel to be created. I guess that old saying "be careful what you wish for" is true lol.  But nothing is stopping anyone from using tg if they prefer an "anything goes" enviroment. . I suspect there are less wars because everyone is doing dungeons so they can empower their Paradigm Runes, since you need mats from the dungeons to do that and everyone who has them wants them maxed of course.

The people who were complaining about this were the likes of AbonFoundation who were high in numbers but didn't like not being about to outnumber their opponent, now the pvp is numbers > skill so it is very unbalanced in terms of war. I agree that in 1v1 context cartel is better without eggs or boosters, but it still needs goulash to compensate for the damage over time skills. What you don't seem to realize is it's not "Less war" because people are busy with other aspects of the game, they are literally not logging in anymore, if I look at my clan page people haven't logged in for months who use to log in every day before the update.

Can't say much about the attack speed nerf other than it was part of the big June update and since Pegasus was open for literally months while the Runes, Elements, and other changes were being worked on, seems to me there was plenty of time for anyone who really cared to go test it out and give their feedback. I'm sure Gen is open to tweaking some stuff within reason.

Yes this is true Pegasus is there, but if you're like me and have to work all day you only get an hour or two to play every night, then you get the likes of Feuer etc who aren't exactly educated in the pvp side of things giving input that isn't really productive towards to community's best interests.

Honestly, I can't believe that the trade restriction system is still being mentioned. It was implemented over two years ago. Everyone has adjusted to it. Time to leave it behind you and move on. It's not gonna change and I don't see any reason why it should. Most other games have a similar system. It's not a big deal.

And this is the sort of attitude that is ruining rose "Get use to it" "It's not going to change" "Time to leave it behind" "Most other games have it" People played rose because it was unique, it wasn't like other games. Making it like other games just takes reason to play away from the game, If you want to make it like world of warcraft shouldn't I just go and play WoW? It has better dungeons, better pvp and a larger community right? Thing is I don't like world of warcraft, I don't like that style of game play, that's why I play rose. But if you are trying to make it like other games you are taking away the things I love about the game and makes me not want to play anymore. Also as I said in my post before, The dungeons aren't rewarding enough, and with the trade restrictions what is the point in doing pvp related game arena after you are fully geared? you get no reward it is literally a waste of time. 

Thanks for you reply :)

#8 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:18 PM

As honeybunz has pointed out it's the perception of how active or inactive this game is,

I've been playing for a long time and have seen a few bad updates and players leave to only come back again month's or years later.

Just wish there was a way to sell items while you are not playing and not having to leave your computer ON at night, this would encourage more people to play active. (So we as a community could get more feedback too)

It would also provide new players with the possibility to buy/afford items from other players on a much larger scale!

I know its been requested many times before, but I hope this would be implemented some day!

Before more people start posting the game is dead  :p_sleep: , while in fact it's still alive. Maybe not in certain time zones, but this could change.

Edited by Cortiz, 14 November 2016 - 04:24 PM.

#9 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:28 PM

As honeybunz has pointed out it's the perception of how active or inactive this game is,

I've been playing for a long time and have seen a few bad updates and players leave to only come back again month's or years later.

Me too, but I also see alot of players quit and never return, I always ask my friends when they quit "Why don't you play anymore?" I always get the answer "I don't like the newest update" I am very pvp sided on rose online, I don't like pvm much. I don't see Honeybunz in pvp zones ever (especially cartel/training grounds) so commenting on things pvp related topics without being practiced in them doesn't really contribute to the pvp community. (opinionated)

Just wish there was a way to sell items while you are not playing and not having to leave your computer ON at night, this would encourage more people to play active. (So we as a community could get more feedback too)

It would also provide new players with the possibility to buy/afford items from other players on a much larger scale!

Like and auction house? I agree this would be amazing <3

I know its been requested many times before, but I hope this would be implemented some day!

Before more people start posting the game is dead  :p_sleep: , while in fact it's still alive. Maybe not in certain time zones, but this could change.

#10 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:19 AM

First of all,

Just because you dont see these particulair names in TG/PvP Ga's doesn't mean they dont play pvp.

Many of us here have multiple chars to play with and nobody is forcing anyone to play pvp or pvm.

Secondly

I think you should give the PvP a chance, its not so bad as everyone thinks :p_smile:

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

- Bruce Lee

Edited by Cortiz, 15 November 2016 - 05:22 AM.

#11 noobazov

noobazov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 08:00 AM

I think that the biggest decrease in population started after the aoe nerf.

the reason is that AA is just boring , lets put the lags and delays that will be fixed someday aside for a sec , and look at the gameplay. 

in most of the games teams cant kill each other so the result is a 10-15 min of spamming skills/summons untill the game ends(2-3 clerics on each side is a sure 15min spamming skills game!!)..

no more excitement in AA , before the aoe nerf we planned tactics such as spread vs alot of aoe , lure out , also the timing of specific skills and movements were essential , this things doesnt exist anymore , AA is just a boring game of spamming skills , i personally  run spear champ , and i doesnt even bother to think when i play AA beacause i feel so safe and confident that i wont die , and i know that it will be hard to get the other team , so i just spam skills untill the game ends or on  rarely occasions the other team die.

in my opinion the reason for this long game which teams cant kill each other is the aoe nerf and aspd nerf vs very strong flames.

no much to say about the aoe nerf , we all know how bad is it , but about the aspd nerf , it hurted war raiders , because skill raider is the most common build this day because it strong in 1vs1 , but it less effective in war because it dmg is too slow to handle the healing of a cleric , on the other hand aspd raiders can do some fast dmg to aoe/clerics but pepole rarely play them anymore , and there are the flames of course which are way too strong for the current abilitys of other class.

#12 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:49 AM

First of all,

Just because you dont see these particulair names in TG/PvP Ga's doesn't mean they dont play pvp.

Many of us here have multiple chars to play with and nobody is forcing anyone to play pvp or pvm.

I know that buffies is very very PVM orientated, she's a known player also a in game mod. I have never seen any of her characters in cartel/tg

Yes nobody is forcing anyone to do cartel or training ground, but if you aren't practiced in how that area works the input you put into that shouldn't be an attempt to change it.

Secondly

I think you should give the PvP a chance, its not so bad as everyone thinks :p_smile:

No, the pvp is that bad. I have been warring/pvping on rose for the past 7 years and this is the worst i've ever seen it. I thought the skill update was bad until this came out, now I see the skill update as paradise (never thought i'd say that). As I said in my original post, this game was unique it had it's own style of game play, there were classes that were melee based, and skill based so you could choose what kind of pvp you wanted. Now we are forced to choose a skill based style of pvp which is obviously unbalanced and doesn't really work. I was watching pvp's last night with a few of my clan members and rival clans, they were all complaining "This is so stupid now",

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

- Bruce Lee

That doesn't really apply here, as if bruce lee wasn't happy in the cup he would probably switch to the water bottle lmao.

I think that the biggest decrease in population started after the aoe nerf.

the reason is that AA is just boring , lets put the lags and delays that will be fixed someday aside for a sec , and look at the gameplay. 

in most of the games teams cant kill each other so the result is a 10-15 min of spamming skills/summons untill the game ends(2-3 clerics on each side is a sure 15min spamming skills game!!)..

no more excitement in AA , before the aoe nerf we planned tactics such as spread vs alot of aoe , lure out , also the timing of specific skills and movements were essential , this things doesnt exist anymore , AA is just a boring game of spamming skills , i personally  run spear champ , and i doesnt even bother to think when i play AA beacause i feel so safe and confident that i wont die , and i know that it will be hard to get the other team , so i just spam skills untill the game ends or on  rarely occasions the other team die.

in my opinion the reason for this long game which teams cant kill each other is the aoe nerf and aspd nerf vs very strong flames.

no much to say about the aoe nerf , we all know how bad is it , but about the aspd nerf , it hurted war raiders , because skill raider is the most common build this day because it strong in 1vs1 , but it less effective in war because it dmg is too slow to handle the healing of a cleric , on the other hand aspd raiders can do some fast dmg to aoe/clerics but pepole rarely play them anymore , and there are the flames of course which are way too strong for the current abilitys of other class.

Agree on you here, AA is very very boring even when you get into a game at the moment.

#13 2048160605092950270

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:48 AM

the aoe nerf on pvp made sense. but the only thing that bothered me was why did they apply it the pvm side of it. it made lvling and clearing dungeons soo much harder

#14 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:25 PM

I feel like they need to stop altering the pvp, and work harder on bringing out Karkia, Skaaj and Hebarn (the other three planets). The pvp was perfect is 2013 with buffsets etc but we all know this won't be returning.

At the moment I think the main thing that needs fixed is the aspd needs to be put back, there needs to be goulash in cartel (To counter the dots) and making honor gear free to trade so there is a point in playing game arena after you are fully geared, and people like me who don't play in the GA time zone can still gear up.

#15 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:47 PM

So, was just speaking with [CM]Dragonlark on Twitch, and asked a bunch of questions! I thank her for taking the time to answer my questions and am taking her advice of opening a forum post.

So, lets start with "Where has everybody gone?" After the latest Cartel and attack speed nerf update it seems the game has become VERY VERY inactive, I would like to ask the community and the ROSE team "What does everybody think?" and would we prefer our attack speed back or keep it the way it is?

It made no difference. If you want faster animations, you get crit lock problems. If you don't mind crit-lock problems, which I know you do seeing as you asked if I would make a hack or mod for you to use to not have it, then they could cut melee attack damage by 50% and speed up animations by 2x. Same DPS, just smaller numbers in quicker succession, but you'll have to accept that the damage is now over 2 hits, and static damage reductions works on an application count process, making the stat stronger. So yeah. If you're ok with being Crit Locked and Having your DPS drop even further to Damage Reduction builds, then sure. 

In this Cartel update, there have been a number of changes I am going to pin point some of them and sort of label the issues that came with these that I personally dislike, and a few of my friends dislike too.

• Attack speed nerf.

Okay so, Obviously they seriously reduced the attack speed of the game, this nerfed classes like raider that were melee attack power based. As most of the community were raiders this didn't seem so popular for the most part, and I actually believe it has unbalanced the game quite heavily. I find it very difficult to kill a cleric with just skills, especially when you spend the majority of your skills trying to break their mana shield!

To quote everyone, everytime I brought this up, "They're meant to keep 10 people alive, you shouldn't be able to kill them alone, deal with it."

I've also noticed it's very hard for classes like champs, knights or anything that's not long ranged (excluding raider because they have stealth) to actually catch and kill a long ranged character with just skills.

That's not true, unless they suck. 

• Inactive game arena

Upon this update we are required to re-gear and rebuild our characters to fit in with the new patch. I personally can't do this because there is never any game arena in my time zone, I don't think new "Pvp" updates will fix this because the players that have quit have done so because they liked it the way it was before, and are tired of having to rebuild every 5-6 months. (Feedback from friends who have quit the game)

1: If you can't play when the Arena's are active, too bad. Either farm shout quests and Valor/Dungeons, or accept not having top tier equipment. It's what I've been told, so I might as well start parroting it.
2: It's inactive because it's buggy and laggy right now, and will go back to normal once fixed.
3: Gearing is a natural part of MMORPG's who add content. If you don't like that, then go play a MOBA where they give you everything up front.

• No goulash?

I understand that cartel is suppose to be like "Game arena practice" but upon release it seems training ground has become dead content. I know Cartel was popular because it turned pvp wars from "Pay to win" with boosters and eggs into a more fair context with stats buffs and red pots only, but the problem with this is we can't defend against damage over time effects at all, and for classes like me (scout) we get dominated by the likes of raider which have multiple burns and poisons. Maybe think about adding goulash into cartel to balance out the pvp and make it abit more fair for all classes.

You're right, it did become more popular and make TG obsolete, for good reasons. 
Also, if you're having trouble with DoT's, add some more Static Damage Reduction, and Max HP/HP Recovery. They're the natural counters to DoT's. Defense also works, just not as effective compared to the other two stats.

• Runes

These are insanely powerful gems, and for me I will never be able to collect them as I don't play when game arena's are active, maybe consider weakening these abit so it's no so much of a gap between players who have the time zone advantage and those who don't. (Just a thought)

They're really not that much stronger. And they're only clearly stronger once you've acquired at least 4+ on a single character load out. Which, only a handful of players [mostly in Paragon] have managed to do since they regularly and routinely set up Trade-winning in DP.  Though I've heard it got nerfed due to that, but it still occurs. 

• Untradable gear

This is an old update, but I feel it has made the game inactive also I use to play game arena to make money by farming the Armour and selling to for profit, I personally find the PVM unrewarding and very boring so that was my way of enjoying the game, maybe we could ask the community and rose team what their opinions of making honor items free to trade again? This would also fix the problem of me and others not being able to get our own items because of lack of players in game arena in our time zones, we could just farm the zullie in other aspects of the game and purchase with that.

Nope, you get what you earn. You can't earn it, [due to time zones or working or whatever illegitimate or legitimate reasons] then you'll have to live without. That's what I've been told, that's what everyone else has been told. 

That will do for now, I do have other issues that need addressed but I would like to bring these up first.

I could have listed at least another 50 issues personally, but I'm glad your problems are so few and far between. Cheers.

#16 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:51 PM

It made no difference. If you want faster animations, you get crit lock problems. If you don't mind crit-lock problems, which I know you do seeing as you asked if I would make a hack or mod for you to use to not have it, then they could cut melee attack damage by 50% and speed up animations by 2x. Same DPS, just smaller numbers in quicker succession, but you'll have to accept that the damage is now over 2 hits, and static damage reductions works on an application count process, making the stat stronger. So yeah. If you're ok with being Crit Locked and Having your DPS drop even further to Damage Reduction builds, then sure. 

I have no problem with crit lock, I found a way around it (Without a hack) all that needed to be done was remove the flinch animation from my client and replace it with a blank one, problem solved.

• Attack speed nerf.

To quote everyone, everytime I brought this up, "They're meant to keep 10 people alive, you shouldn't be able to kill them alone, deal with it."

But if the majority of the community didn't want it like this why should they have to "Deal with it" ?????

That's not true, unless they suck. 

It is true, my ungeared scout is dominating and character than doesn't have the mspd or long range to keep up with me lol.

• Inactive game arena

1: If you can't play when the Arena's are active, too bad. Either farm shout quests and Valor/Dungeons, or accept not having top tier equipment. It's what I've been told, so I might as well start parroting it.
2: It's inactive because it's buggy and laggy right now, and will go back to normal once fixed.
3: Gearing is a natural part of MMORPG's who add content. If you don't like that, then go play a MOBA where they give you everything up front.

1. This is why rose is dying, those valor/dungeons take months and months and months if you wanted to get top tier pvp equipment, don't be silly.

2. even once the lag is fixed it won't be an all day thing.

3. this game doesn't have enough players at the moment to add stupid content, it just makes more people quit, you need to think before adding not just jump on in because you think "Oh this might generate some money"

• No goulash?

You're right, it did become more popular and make TG obsolete, for good reasons. 
Also, if you're having trouble with DoT's, add some more Static Damage Reduction, and Max HP/HP Recovery. They're the natural counters to DoT's. Defense also works, just not as effective compared to the other two stats.

It made tg useless because kids were crying about boosters, if training ground didn't have boosters/eggs or jellys cartel wouldn't even be used.

You can put a build like that in but your dps will be highly lacking, you should be able to generate hp at a similar rate than just run and hope you don't die praying your red pot will cooldown in time to survive. no matter how much hp you have if 5 ppl put dots on you you're done for.

• Runes

They're really not that much stronger. And they're only clearly stronger once you've acquired at least 4+ on a single character load out. Which, only a handful of players [mostly in Paragon] have managed to do since they regularly and routinely set up Trade-winning in DP.  Though I've heard it got nerfed due to that, but it still occurs. 

Yes they are insanely over powered, especially if you are someone who can't do AA due to timezones (me) vs someone like you said from paragon, it's an unfair advantage.

• Untradable gear

Nope, you get what you earn. You can't earn it, [due to time zones or working or whatever illegitimate or legitimate reasons] then you'll have to live without. That's what I've been told, that's what everyone else has been told. 

Yes this is what people have been told, but it's obviously very very very unpopular, how are you not earning it if you buy it with zullie? I might want to go farm dungeons to earn my honor gear, does that mean I wouldn't have earned it? I literally can't play AA because the hours between work and bed time are not active in game arena. This shouldn't be responded with "Just get over it" It should be listened to and helped accordingly. The whole "Get over it" is why ROSE loses so many players every year, time to shape up Feuer, this isn't cutting it.

#17 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:22 PM

" time to shape up Feuer, this isn't cutting it."

I hope you're not pinning this on me. I gave responses that I was told, NOT how I felt. I left because of this kind of garbage, taking all my character out with me. Except 1. I left 1 Character [that I utterly despise playing] so I could get on and still watch periodically how things are going but not be inclined to waste any more time on the game. I left due to my own reasons entirely. Some of your reasons or rather defenses are true and justified, though I can't agree with some of your points. 

Edited by Feuer, 15 November 2016 - 10:22 PM.

#18 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:10 AM

" time to shape up Feuer, this isn't cutting it."

I hope you're not pinning this on me. I gave responses that I was told, NOT how I felt. I left because of this kind of garbage, taking all my character out with me. Except 1. I left 1 Character [that I utterly despise playing] so I could get on and still watch periodically how things are going but not be inclined to waste any more time on the game. I left due to my own reasons entirely. Some of your reasons or rather defenses are true and justified, though I can't agree with some of your points. 

I'm not pinning this on you, but you should speak up like i'm attempting to do, just sitting here replaying their obviously unsupported answers isn't going to do anything positive, we are trying to make the game more enjoyable for the players right?

And that's fair everybody plays the game differently, this post is from the pvp point of view, I know you were very much into your pvm

#19 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 05:26 AM

I spoke very loudly for a very long time. Nothing I say will sway them to listen to me for once, and I've called tit for tat everything that would have over the last 2 years. I do wish everyone the best of luck on getting things going in the right way, but I've lost faith that I'll ever get to play my Artisan or Axe again. They're both garbage, and they were my only true favorite classes. So, goodluck on getting positive changes [to everyone trying] but you can officially count me out. 

#20 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:39 AM

Please stay on topic in this thread. Diverting from the original purpose of this suggestion thread further with talk of quitting the game, or attacking other players will result in this thread being locked and off topic posts removed. I understand you are frustrated with some of the changes made, however we want to keep these discussions productive. Ultimately such discussions should result in helping the ROSE Team further improve the game, and posts should be made here with that in mind. 

Regarding suggestions, they have been and will continue to be forwarded on, however some of these concerns, as Feuer has stated, have been addressed in the past. Some items will not become trade-able again, as it is intended that characters earn these items on their own instead of being able to obtain such items through another character.

Changing skills and stats in the game may seem simple, but since any such change will have a significant impact on all players, such updates take a lot of investigation and time to put together for balancing reasons. That being said, balancing classes for Pvp and Pvm will always be something the ROSE Team is looking at, however because of the small size of the ROSE Team, such changes will take time, particularly as the team will also focus on improving the game in other ways for everyone. This does not mean the subject is closed, we want to hear your feedback! It only means that such updates will not be immediate to the game. 

We appreciate and encourage threads where you wish to give us input on how the game could be better, what you and your friends would want to see improved! As such I would like to see this thread continue, albeit in a more positive way so we can continue to gain input from others in the community on this topic. 

#21 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:07 AM

Try not to take the following points personally Lark, as I am truly indifferent to it all by now. I just don't care.

Please stay on topic in this thread. Diverting from the original purpose of this suggestion thread further with talk of quitting the game, or attacking other players will result in this thread being locked and off topic posts removed.

This hasn't happened as far as I know. For once, Fizz is being incredibly civilized and mature about the issue, and I commend him for it. I only made sure that the way he worded his phrase wasn't directed at me [I'm a stickler for grammar].

I understand you are frustrated with some of the changes made, however we want to keep these discussions productive. Ultimately such discussions should result in helping the ROSE Team further improve the game, and posts should be made here with that in mind. 
Bunk. The only requests that get a response in a reasonable time are the ones that allow the game to make profit. 

Regarding suggestions, they have been and will continue to be forwarded on, however some of these concerns, as Feuer has stated, have been addressed in the past.

Them being addressed doesn't mean anything has come from it... 

Some items will not become trade-able again, as it is intended that characters earn these items on their own instead of being able to obtain such items through another character.

Changing skills and stats in the game may seem simple, but since any such change will have a significant impact on all players, such updates take a lot of investigation and time to put together for balancing reasons.

Then maybe, while they're in TESTING on the BETA server, you guys should really take your time, and LISTEN for once. You know what the most and truly frustrating event was? When I sat there, routinely once a week, messaging Genesis [and in the past Leonis] constantly reminding them of an issue. Something very easily tested and proved, only to have it put off, and put off, then, it goes live. And once it goes live, it's like trying to reach up the wrong end of an alligator and pull teeth to get any fixes made towards it, especially in terms of balance. THAT is what I mean be 'being ignored'.

That being said, balancing classes for Pvp and Pvm will always be something the ROSE Team is looking at,

Looking at a problem doesn't fix it. 

...however because of the small size of the ROSE Team, such changes will take time,

Like 2-3 years? Tired of this excuse. It's dismissive and utterly maddening when the people have waited. I know it sounds like I'm 'attacking' the staff, but really? 3 years is NOT reasonable. In fact the only way it'd be a reasonable time frame, is if NO ONE WAS WORKING ON IT AT ALL. And that's what I think is truly happening. CEO's dishing out orders to increase revenue, slashing costs by moving staff off to other games when we needed them the most, and alienating the very few devoted testers you have left. 

particularly as the team will also focus on improving the game in other ways for everyone.

You want my input? Stop making new stuff and fix what you have. There are in fact people who can't even enjoy the game as it is, and you expect them to be able to progress to new content and enjoy it? 

This does not mean the subject is closed, we want to hear your feedback!

I believe you want us to feel heard, what I do not believe is that it's taken seriously. And trust me, you should. 

It only means that such updates will not be immediate to the game. 

If waiting for 2-3 years for fixes is what you call 'not immediate' then I guess you'd be right, technically.

We appreciate and encourage threads where you wish to give us input on how the game could be better,

We are, and sometimes it gets harsh, it doesn't mean it's disrespectful, it just means you have dedicated, devoted and determined players and patrons of the game. And getting serious, doesn't mean getting nasty. 

what you and your friends would want to see improved!

What friends? Most of mine are gone. For 'various' reasons. 

As such I would like to see this thread continue, albeit in a more positive way so we can continue to gain input from others in the community on this topic. 

Constructive criticism is nice and all, but sometimes you need it without the niceties. Sometimes, it's better to take your medicine without the sugar. 

Again, I stress, I'm not 'attacking' anyone here, not the staff, not the players. 

#22 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 06:47 PM

Regarding suggestions, they have been and will continue to be forwarded on, however some of these concerns, as Feuer has stated, have been addressed in the past. Some items will not become trade-able again, as it is intended that characters earn these items on their own instead of being able to obtain such items through another character.

Okay you say "Some items will not become trade-able again" but why? I am giving you VERY VERY good reasons why it would be a good idea let me bullet point some of them.

• Players who don't play in the active time zone's would still be able to obtain armour.
  • Players would have a reason to play game arena after they are fully geared, so it would be more active.
  • It would make the game and market more active.
  • It would bring a new way to make zullie and enjoy the game without having to only constantly grind dungeons for pathetic rewards.

I don't need to say much more because it looks like Feuer cleaned the rest of your comment up.

I have a suggestion, how about Feuer, Myself, Dragonlark and Genesis have a group call via skype or something and discuss why and why thing are not working in the game? I mean it's obviously not just down to me and Feuer to speak out for the whole community but it's obvious we have some decent points (and can back them up).

I feel like when we try to speak out to the developers it is often ignored, and as Feuer said "Is to make us feel like we've been heard"

Edited by FizzMo, 16 November 2016 - 06:48 PM.

#23 Peteer

Peteer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:13 PM

If only these mods would stop deleting my posts..

That-Would-Be-Great.jpg

#24 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:18 PM

If only these mods would stop deleting my posts..

That-Would-Be-Great.jpg

If only you would post something meaningful that actually contributes to the discussion

#25 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:41 AM

-shots fired-

0 user(s) are reading this topic