Unpopular update! Unactive game! - Page 2 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Unpopular update! Unactive game!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#26 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:34 PM

I don't need to say much more because it looks like Feuer cleaned the rest of your comment up.

I have a suggestion, how about Feuer, Myself, Dragonlark and Genesis have a group call via skype or something and discuss why and why thing are not working in the game? I mean it's obviously not just down to me and Feuer to speak out for the whole community but it's obvious we have some decent points (and can back them up).

I feel like when we try to speak out to the developers it is often ignored, and as Feuer said "Is to make us feel like we've been heard"

Okay lets get this topic back on track, Feuer, Lark? thoughts?

#27 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:46 PM

Unfortunately Genesis is pretty busy, it is unlikely we would do a skype chat of this kind. However, I can see if we can have more Question/Answer videos and livestreams for ROSE Online, and I will talk to Genesis about putting together something like that on a more regular basis in the future. 

#28 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:50 PM

Lark, a QnA is for the Community to Understand the staff. What Fizz is asking, is for you to listen to us and understand us instead. It's mostly the same thing, but in reverse. 

I'd be up to it, but it'd be coming from an opinion that I have no faith will ever be changed. So, with a grain of salt, I would join if only to try and sway you to make some changes for the players for once, and trust that the veterans do know what's going on; in fact probably know more about what's going on than what your datalogs will show. 

Edited by Feuer, 18 November 2016 - 02:52 PM.

#29 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:53 AM

Unfortunately Genesis is pretty busy, it is unlikely we would do a skype chat of this kind. However, I can see if we can have more Question/Answer videos and livestreams for ROSE Online, and I will talk to Genesis about putting together something like that on a more regular basis in the future. 

Q&A via livestream is kind of easily avoided as you can pick which questions are answered, I mean if you were really to let me and Feuer go at it I doubt you would be able to answer our questions with legit answers, I would find it interesting to find out tho lol.

Lark, a QnA is for the Community to Understand the staff. What Fizz is asking, is for you to listen to us and understand us instead. It's mostly the same thing, but in reverse. 

I'd be up to it, but it'd be coming from an opinion that I have no faith will ever be changed. So, with a grain of salt, I would join if only to try and sway you to make some changes for the players for once, and trust that the veterans do know what's going on; in fact probably know more about what's going on than what your datalogs will show. 

^ Us veterans would probably know more about the game than 90% of the staff that have anything to do with rose, it's a shame our game history goes to waste :/

#30 ZeemScout

ZeemScout

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:43 PM

well,some of the game player quit the game,that is a normal thing, but how come those new player leave after few weeks they started to play this game? they are totally new what,they don know any changes... the problem is the experience system,its so hard to leveling nowaday,those monster is so hard,a max level char killing a low level mobs also need to hit 4-5 hit to kill the mobs,after that the exp is so low... if like that how to lure new player? now all the MMORPG is targetting to lure ppl buy IM to boost and play, but those dev didnt reallise they are alot of gamer dont like to pay for IM...On the first month play the game they already know about this game needed to waste alot of money,then they sure quit...

if like that sure the game going dead.

#31 ZeemScout

ZeemScout

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:49 PM

somemore there is no more new thing about the Real ROSE storyline,and now all the "NEW" thing is just keep changing the game's original system,all the event is same on every year..no more new planet released...i played tis game for 12 years,13 years soon...those changing is just ruined the game...i still remember the only Japanese girl i met in rose - YUKICHAN,she told me about this,this game will going died after release IM system...well,now i notice it out...i love the time that p2p...

#32 ZeemScout

ZeemScout

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:55 PM

I think the perception of how active or inactive the game is changes based on what you are looking at. For every player that has "quit", I bet I can name a player that has returned or a brand new ROSE player. In my years of experience in ROSE on several servers, there are always cycles where players stop playing because of work, school, family and life. Then they come back for a bit or for longer. It's like the tide: it flows back and forth. This year is no different from last year or any other year.

The lack of people in the pvp games is due to the problem with lag, which i think someone explained in that other topic you made about this. Genesis said they think they have a fix for issue and it will probably be applied in the next maint. Then hopefully  everyone won't always get disconnected and lose their GA energy and they will feel confident to start signing up again.

As I recall, it was the pvp community that moaned and complained about tg and how it was so unfair and that's what caused the Junon Cartel to be created. I guess that old saying "be careful what you wish for" is true lol.  But nothing is stopping anyone from using tg if they prefer an "anything goes" enviroment. . I suspect there are less wars because everyone is doing dungeons so they can empower their Paradigm Runes, since you need mats from the dungeons to do that and everyone who has them wants them maxed of course.

Can't say much about the attack speed nerf other than it was part of the big June update and since Pegasus was open for literally months while the Runes, Elements, and other changes were being worked on, seems to me there was plenty of time for anyone who really cared to go test it out and give their feedback. I'm sure Gen is open to tweaking some stuff within reason.

Honestly, I can't believe that the trade restriction system is still being mentioned. It was implemented over two years ago. Everyone has adjusted to it. Time to leave it behind you and move on. It's not gonna change and I don't see any reason why it should. Most other games have a similar system. It's not a big deal.

+1

#33 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:28 PM

well,some of the game player quit the game,that is a normal thing, but how come those new player leave after few weeks they started to play this game? they are totally new what,they don know any changes... the problem is the experience system,its so hard to leveling nowaday,those monster is so hard,a max level char killing a low level mobs also need to hit 4-5 hit to kill the mobs,after that the exp is so low... if like that how to lure new player? now all the MMORPG is targetting to lure ppl buy IM to boost and play, but those dev didnt reallise they are alot of gamer dont like to pay for IM...On the first month play the game they already know about this game needed to waste alot of money,then they sure quit...

if like that sure the game going dead.

This game isn't hard to level, I got a character from level 1 to 230 fully geared in less than a week. (This was before AA was dead all the time), the leveling in this game is easy as piss.

somemore there is no more new thing about the Real ROSE storyline,and now all the "NEW" thing is just keep changing the game's original system,all the event is same on every year..no more new planet released...i played tis game for 12 years,13 years soon...those changing is just ruined the game...i still remember the only Japanese girl i met in rose - YUKICHAN,she told me about this,this game will going died after release IM system...well,now i notice it out...i love the time that p2p...

It's true the story line has gone waaaaaaaay off track, but that isn't why people are quitting. They are quitting because they keep murdering good pvp systems and replacing it with ones that nobody really wants.

we had a good game play going in 2013 and then they ruined it, imo 2013 was the last good year of rose online.

#34 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:43 PM

Fizz, just to expand on your thought, just because the leveling isn't 'hard' doesn't mean it's not mind numbingly boring, tedious, and a chore. Leveling is a horrible task is ROSE, because it makes you want to eat thumbtacks and chug prune juice. 

That being said, it is also incredibly, horribly slow when you're new, and/or don't have any cash to throw at the IM at all. In fact, the combination of those two factors can shave off literally weeks alone. But if you have previous funding, knowledge, IM and a bit of luck during an even't period, you can max a toon in 1-4 days. Even still, that's potentially 4 days of watching paint dry. It's boring, and that's an issue. 

But, it's also only one of soo many issues right now. 

#35 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:47 PM

Fizz, just to expand on your thought, just because the leveling isn't 'hard' doesn't mean it's not mind numbingly boring, tedious, and a chore. Leveling is a horrible task is ROSE, because it makes you want to eat thumbtacks and chug prune juice. 

That being said, it is also incredibly, horribly slow when you're new, and/or don't have any cash to throw at the IM at all. In fact, the combination of those two factors can shave off literally weeks alone. But if you have previous funding, knowledge, IM and a bit of luck during an even't period, you can max a toon in 1-4 days. Even still, that's potentially 4 days of watching paint dry. It's boring, and that's an issue. 

But, it's also only one of soo many issues right now. 

Well, what happens now? we have put forward some issues, are they suppose to discuss upon them or just ignore them until we go silent? I'm abit confused about what this whole "Proposals and Suggestions" thread is about if they're not actually responding lol.

#36 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:27 PM

We wait to see if they're going to take up the offer to have a group call where we control the dialog. If they do, then great, if not well, you have your answer. 

#37 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:59 PM

Unfortunately we will not be taking group calls on skype to discuss this matter. The forums are the place for such discussions, and as I have stated previously, all suggestions and proposals of this kind are forwarded on, and we will be opening up a QA thread in the future to help answer specific inquiries. If you want to send additional requests or suggestions and do not feel comfortable discussing these topics on the forums with other players, you can send me a PM. 

This topic has gone a bit off topic once again (the original purpose of this thread being to open a discussion with other players about what they think would be good improvements to the game with relation to recent updates to ROSE) and so at this time I will be locking this thread. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users