Town Hall Meeting Dec. 1st at 5:00 PM PST! - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Town Hall Meeting Dec. 1st at 5:00 PM PST!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Varitas

Varitas

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1017 posts
  • Twitter:@CM_Varitas
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:42 PM

Townhallbanner_temp.jpg

Hello Midgardians, 

It's time to prepare for another Town Hall Meeting this December 1st, 2016 at 5:00 PM PST with Ragnarok 2 Producer Njoror!

Much like our previous shows we will be collecting the questions ahead of time here and answering them live during our broadcast which will be streaming to both Twitch and Youtube!   

To help us organize your questions please use the following format: 

IGN: (if you wish to remain anonymous you can message the question to me privately)

Question For: (If you have a specific person you'd like to address the question to please note it here. If not, you can use CM/GM/Producer titles instead!)
Question:

We will try to answer as many questions as possible.  If you are shy do not be afraid to PM Me and label the PM: Town Hall Question. 

We hope to hear from you soon! 

#2 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:32 PM

IGN:

Njorcernjor (My Sorcerer)

Question For:

CM Idun

Question(s):

• What makes you look up to Njoror so much?
  • How do you strive to be as cool as Njoror?
  • How do you pronounce your name?

#3 AchelinaJolie

AchelinaJolie

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:52 PM

IGN: KuonHizuri

Question For: GM
Question: Why does Ignatius Quiver, an ML30 blue gear, have better stats than Eddga Quiver, an 
ML35 purple gear?

#4 wichaden

wichaden

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSanto Domingo (Republica Dominicana)

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:52 AM

With recent changes, there is a chance to balance soon, enemies for DW, F. Payo, and especially Wonderland Island.

"Wis" is a useless status for all classes, what are planning to improve it in some way, and become attractive !!

There will at some point runes of  "WIS" and "VIT" runes for +10 to +80.

The pet system is time consuming, it's fine butt, some enemies are impossible to bring to the maximum level "4" (bosses). Also if there will be new pets in the future the maximum level will increase also (from 4 to 5).

And I would like to know about the event "winter night", where is come for ?, the special enemy of Velta Delta, because it is disturbing.

Edited by wichaden, 18 November 2016 - 07:53 AM.

#5 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 18 November 2016 - 04:13 PM

IGN: Wyrdd

Question for: Anyone

Question: Are there future plans to enable Easy Mode of all dungeons, so that new players can complete their quests on their own at the appropriate level without needing to find help or peers? If so, when might we see this?

There doesn't seem to be enough players doing the quests at the lower levels at coinciding times to form full parties for those dungeon quests anymore. It's a shame to be unable to complete quests when they are presented.

Questions for: Everyone

Question: What's your favourite winter tradition and/or winter recipe?

Question: What's your favourite winter song, and will you sing it for us?

@ Achelina Jolie ~ That is the case, now; but once upon a time... Eddga, Serenia and other offhand gears had rune holes, which made them better gears at the time.

Now offhands do not have rune holes, to be fair with those classes that do not have offhands. An otherwise untweaked gear collection remains.

@ wichaden ~ About Winter Nights. It comes loosely from Norse myth and tradition. Lighting the fires in particular, is a practice still observed today, on the Winter Solstice.

The 'Beast' in Verta Delta IS disturbing, and is modeled after a boss in Abbadon of Despair: Barbaro (you can see it in your pet list, also). Merry Yule Tidings!

Edited by Maxscha, 18 November 2016 - 04:14 PM.

#6 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:06 PM

IGN: Wyrdd

Question for: Anyone

Question: Are there future plans to enable Easy Mode of all dungeons, so that new players can complete their quests on their own at the appropriate level without needing to find help or peers? If so, when might we see this?

There doesn't seem to be enough players doing the quests at the lower levels at coinciding times to form full parties for those dungeon quests anymore. It's a shame to be unable to complete quests when they are presented.

Disclosure: What I am about to type is of my opinion here. This is not guaranteed to be representative of Warpportal's thoughts on the matter.

This post goes off the assumption that you are asking for a completely new mode in addition to Normal and Hard. If this isn't the case, you can disregard the following :P

I've been starting to analyze things from more of a logistical level to really understand how likely/quickly things are going to be implemented. It's always helpful to be able to put yourself in someone else's shoes (especially as one of the most hated groups of people in the world apparently :v). Now just considering this from the outside:

Enabling Easy mode would require:
- A new map for each dungeon to be copied and pasted over
- A new set of monsters to be copied and pasted over
- A completely new set of stats to be generated
- Revising all prior quests to accept the new easy monsters to be eligible for the quest requirements

Compared to just updating the Normal mode:

I'm personally of the opinion that an strictly brand new Easy-mode doesn't need to exist, given how the game has shifted. The obsolescence of Normal mode is enough of a reason to appropriately change the nature of it without any backlash. Doing the current Normal mode in a party isn't so much of an enriching experience nowadays as it is a chore. Despite vocal individuals being unhappy with the way things have taken, the reality of the situation is that this is outdated content. It isn't unnatural that old content gets phased out for new content and ways to skip past them quickly are usually introduced in many games. Any efforts to bring back the old content up to par would probably require forcing a slow-down of the 1-50 leveling experience and that may end up pushing more people away than anticipated as they are stuck in old content longer, rather than experiencing new content. The best way to approach things from my perspective is to simply smooth out the early game such that it transitions nicely into the mid-game and focus their efforts on brightening up the mid and late-game content. To do this, I do agree that something akin to the feel of Easy mode needs to exist, I just prefer a more direct approach to the problem by updating Normal mode instead.

Personally, the way I'd re-invigorate old content and make people utilize them is to make Hell-mode a thing. That is not without its flaws, but its not something I'd go into detail to discuss in this post anyways.

#7 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts
  • Server:Odin & Freyja

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:55 PM

IGN:
Njorcernjor (My Sorcerer)

Question For:
CM Idun

Question(s):

• What makes you look up to Njoror so much?
  • How do you strive to be as cool as Njoror?

200w.gif

• How do you pronounce your name?

yangry.gif?w=391&h=219

#8 Draobyek

Draobyek

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:15 PM

Question for Njoror: How long is your beard in metric?

Question for anyone: What events do you enjoy the most?

#9 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 19 November 2016 - 06:10 PM

Disclosure: What I am about to type is of my opinion here. This is not guaranteed to be representative of Warpportal's thoughts on the matter.

This post goes off the assumption that you are asking for a completely new mode in addition to Normal and Hard. If this isn't the case, you can disregard the following :P

I've been starting to analyze things from more of a logistical level to really understand how likely/quickly things are going to be implemented. It's always helpful to be able to put yourself in someone else's shoes (especially as one of the most hated groups of people in the world apparently :v). Now just considering this from the outside:

Enabling Easy mode would require:
- A new map for each dungeon to be copied and pasted over
- A new set of monsters to be copied and pasted over
- Revising all prior quests to accept the new easy monsters to be eligible for the quest requirements

Compared to just updating the Normal mode:

I'm personally of the opinion that an strictly brand new Easy-mode doesn't need to exist, given how the game has shifted. The obsolescence of Normal mode is enough of a reason to appropriately change the nature of it without any backlash. Doing the current Normal mode in a party isn't so much of an enriching experience nowadays as it is a chore. Despite vocal individuals being unhappy with the way things have taken, the reality of the situation is that this is outdated content. It isn't unnatural that old content gets phased out for new content and ways to skip past them quickly are usually introduced in many games. Any efforts to bring back the old content up to par would probably require forcing a slow-down of the 1-50 leveling experience and that may end up pushing more people away than anticipated as they are stuck in old content longer, rather than experiencing new content. The best way to approach things from my perspective is to simply smooth out the early game such that it transitions nicely into the mid-game and focus their efforts on brightening up the mid and late-game content. To do this, I do agree that something akin to the feel of Easy mode needs to exist, I just prefer a more direct approach to the problem by updating Normal mode instead.

Personally, the way I'd re-invigorate old content and make people utilize them is to make Hell-mode a thing. That is not without its flaws, but its not something I'd go into detail to discuss in this post anyways.

Well, I wondered the same as Maxscha, since when you create dungeon it always showed an easy mode option and it was never available :o, but I think it would make sense to change the normal mode instead, and leave the hard mode the same and add the hell mode, since everybody agreed to that in the last hall meeting

#10 ahimdong

ahimdong

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:19 AM

IGN : Redcliffe

Question for : Anyone

Questions :

- why the only mobs in fp that gives decent exp are just eddga and merchants kindling?

- why can't we get normal decent exp from other mobs in fp, cuz it can help more player to level up and leaving those who likes to prank or bother other pt to lure edga, and besides FP is the only place to grind.

#11 Anthanasia

Anthanasia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:30 AM

IGN : Hankyung

Question For : GM/CM

Questions:

- Alot nerfing about some class happen and i even heard there will be another cls rune nerf.We just rebuild back our char recently and there is another nerf coming soon.Do you consider the player ingame before want to nerf everything as vcr said?

- Do we have any update content ingame soon?Such as new lvl or new map..every week I'm hoping there will be a nice update but what did WP update only about nerfing more and more..

#12 HELLISTA1

HELLISTA1

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:55 PM

Ign: Igotyahbackbro

Question: i believe you said that back in august u would concentrate on improving guilds any news regarding that? making donation rate 100%? adding more skills? just  curious for the future..

Suggestions:1. Can u give at least little help to the adjusting players to the nerf, like putting a npc with rune exhchange exclusively for warr and k9 players at least 1 week so we can adjust more and will have no issues anymore...

2. since you already made swag and other kafra costumes tradable can u make the loki pieces just the yellow one to be tradable no point in keeping them bound for any reason.

Commentary: why are you so handsome njoror? :D

#13 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:18 PM

IGN: xxAmen

Question For: Njoror

Question 1: Are there any plans on making changes to WOE maps in the future, mainly adding new orbs to forts and removing Prontera main gate and South fort? With all the changes ongoing and in the near future (how some skills work, seeds chance rates, cards, Colosseum, etc. and also PvE) the WOE maps question is inevitable. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this subject and to know if any modifications to maps are on the horizon from Warp Portal's point of view.

Question 2: I've always found the concept of Greedy Mine a great idea, a place where PvE and PvP mixes and blends in together that only few selected guilds can enter, the access being granted through merit or luck. Sadly the mines are left abandoned because the rewards there are just not worth the visit anymore (bad honing oils droprate, oudated gears...). Any thoughts on how to improve the situation and ressurect the map or will you leave it as is forever?

Edited by 5318130516144610857, 30 November 2016 - 01:10 AM.

#14 vegetakakarot1

vegetakakarot1

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:13 PM

IGN : xEight

Question for : GM/CM/DEVELOPERS

1. Will you consider removing the monster defense rate and damage in Dark Whisper map, Forgotten Payon Map and Jawaii Wonderland Map to make sure that people will invite any class  for the dps role rather than Cresentia being the only DPS class. (Many Player give up playing because of this)

2. Add element system to the map mentioned above to further boost our dps? ( exclude the boss)

3. Reduce the amount require in Daily Bind Rune quest so that player will able to improve their character easily.

4. increase the basic experience gains so that new player able to keep up with the current gameplay. 

#15 zareza

zareza

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:22 PM

IGN: zareza

Question for: Njoror

Questions:

1. Can you resurrect Forgotten Payon daily quest? Like replace the rewards with a good one (since eddga equipments can be obtained with MP and BP), or increase the exp like Jawaii daily quest. I believe many players are struggling to get party because the only spots with high exp are eddga jr and payon merchant, so daily quest can be an alternative to leveling.
  2. Can you add materials to craft Vulcan's Blessing (burning sand and eternal flame) in NPC Dapara? He sold Balial Blessing's materials, but not Vulcan Blessing materials.
  3. Can you make an exit portal in Side Story dungeon episode 1 (eremes)?

Edited by zareza, 01 December 2016 - 04:03 PM.

#16 Damphil

Damphil

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationUkraine\Russian

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:14 AM

IGN: QDamphil
Question for: 
GM/CM/DEVELOPERS
Question: 
Hello, me 
interested in the opinion of players and your. How often, or anyone else uses these skills wor as:
Increase Agility (Buff)
Quickens all your Party and Raid members, increasing their Movement Speed by 40% for 14 sec. (180 second cooldown)
It may appear the idea to change this skill. For example:
Quickens all your Party and Raid members, increasing their Movement Speed + Attak(m.Attak) Speed by 40% for 14 sec. (180 second cooldown)
Or
Quickens all your Party and Raid members, increasing their Movement Speed by 40% for 30 min. (180 second cooldown)

Next skill:
Resurrection (Buff)
Resurrect a Party or Raid member that have fallen in battle. (30min cooldown)
Aspersio: Casts instantly without cast time, target resurrects with HP fully recovered.

Here im simply propose to reduce the cooldown skills. At least 1 minute.(for Sorcerer too)

Next skill:
Angelus (Buff)
Temporarily shield all your Party and Raid members, increasing their Defense by 9% for 10 sec.
Okay, Sorcerer have buff - Earth Shield (Buff)  Defense 20% for 30 min.
It may also need to change something here.Also how to increase the duration, nothing comes to mind. For example:
Temporarily shield all your Party and Raid members, increasing their Defense by 9% for 5 min.

Next skill:

Assumptio (Buff)
Layer an ally with protective holy spell, reducing the damage taken by 40% for 10 sec.
Here, too, I would like to change the duration. For example:
Layer an ally with protective holy spell, reducing the damage taken by 40% for 30 sec.

Thank you, if at least pay attention and think about the issues.

Questions have arisen because of - I would not see that the players-priests used these skills.

And lost question:

- Profession ARTISAN, craft - Balial's Blessing III
Increasing 10% of Armor's Defence for 5 min.
Maybe here change the duration too. For example:
Increasing 10% of Armor's Defence for 30 min.
And \ Or to create an icon in the buff bar. To be seen when running out of time.
Because other profession Alchemist, Chef can create strengthening potions for 30 minutes.
This proposal, also for the profession BLACKSMIT - Vulcan's blessing III

#17 zareza

zareza

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:44 AM

IGN: QDamphil
Question for: 
GM/CM/DEVELOPERS
Question: 
Hello, me 
interested in the opinion of players and your. How often, or anyone else uses these skills wor as:
Increase Agility (Buff)
Quickens all your Party and Raid members, increasing their Movement Speed by 40% for 14 sec. (180 second cooldown)
It may appear the idea to change this skill. For example:
Quickens all your Party and Raid members, increasing their Movement Speed + Attak(m.Attak) Speed by 40% for 14 sec. (180 second cooldown)
Or
Quickens all your Party and Raid members, increasing their Movement Speed by 40% for 30 min. (180 second cooldown)

Next skill:
Resurrection (Buff)
Resurrect a Party or Raid member that have fallen in battle. (30min cooldown)
Aspersio: Casts instantly without cast time, target resurrects with HP fully recovered.

Here im simply propose to reduce the cooldown skills. At least 1 minute.(for Sorcerer too)

Next skill:
Angelus (Buff)
Temporarily shield all your Party and Raid members, increasing their Defense by 9% for 10 sec.
Okay, Sorcerer have buff - Earth Shield (Buff)  Defense 20% for 30 min.
It may also need to change something here.Also how to increase the duration, nothing comes to mind. For example:
Temporarily shield all your Party and Raid members, increasing their Defense by 9% for 5 min.

Next skill:

Assumptio (Buff)
Layer an ally with protective holy spell, reducing the damage taken by 40% for 10 sec.
Here, too, I would like to change the duration. For example:
Layer an ally with protective holy spell, reducing the damage taken by 40% for 30 sec.

Thank you, if at least pay attention and think about the issues.

Questions have arisen because of - I would not see that the players-priests used these skills.

And lost question:

- Profession ARTISAN, craft - Vulcan's blessing III

woah dude, that's....super :p_omg:

that's gonna make this game's title to "Ragnarok Online 2: Legend of the Priest"

Edited by zareza, 29 November 2016 - 02:47 AM.

#18 iVanillaMint

iVanillaMint

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationOn your mind

Posted 30 November 2016 - 01:40 PM

IGN : VanilIaMint

Question For : Developers/GM/CM/Njoror

Question : it's possible to make a new "TriviaBot"? 

since the old TriviaBot was retired, our public chat is so (quiet) now  :sob:

Edited by iVanillaMint, 01 December 2016 - 02:56 PM.

#19 dafrappe

dafrappe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:27 AM

IGN : VanilIaMint

Question For : Developers/GM/CM/Njoror

Question : it's possible to make a new "TriviaBot"? 

since the old TriviaBot is retired, our public chat is so (quiet) now  :sob:

we can suggest some alternatives while TriviaBot is retired. like having some public event. Not so much detail for now, but i think this is the other way to break the silence in public chat. :3

IGN: iPixy

#20 Damphil

Damphil

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:34 AM

woah dude, that's....super :p_omg:

that's gonna make this game's title to "Ragnarok Online 2: Legend of the Priest"

Sorry, i'm no meant nothing.
But realy - in raid in WoE or PvE(grind\boss et.) YOU see how Priest use - Increase Agility or Angelus ?

Edited by Damphil, 02 December 2016 - 07:35 AM.

#21 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:47 AM

In WOE I use both those skills very often, Angelus maxed but increased agility with only 1 point.

#22 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:10 AM

Sorry, i'm no meant nothing.
But realy - in raid in WoE or PvE(grind\boss et.) YOU see how Priest use - Increase Agility or Angelus ?

In WOE I use both those skills very often, Angelus maxed but increased agility with only 1 point.

I've seen the same for grinding, at least up to dark whisper, I haven't been in a party with priest after that

#23 Damphil

Damphil

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:57 AM

Maybe, perhaps you are confused skill.
Angelus -> up DEF, time work 10 sek
Archangel -> up M.Attak
, time work 30 sek

If many vigor (2700+) -> 
Archangel use all time 30 work, and 30 cd.

Okay, you realy use 
Angelus(DEF) in WoE every 30 sek ? (30 cd - max full vigor(3,000+)
I'm believe you, use 
Increase Agility. Need run to party\raid\members. And again, here 1lv=10sek work time, cd time 4:30. Vigor up -> cd -> ~40 sek ~ 1 min.

Do not forget that the Priests and SM, first kill in WoE. Use 2 skills on 10 sek... m... I think someone is exaggerating its capabilities.
I can show the video recording. As priests use these skills in PvP and PvE.

I've seen the same for grinding, at least up to dark whisper, I haven't been in a party with priest after that

Maybe you run with to me, my nick in game and here - same.
Or, sorry. And it's very nice, sameone use skills. Only I would like to know the opinion of the players playing the Priest.

I asked this question, because - I'd love to.

And I see that, wor taken in the raid on the 2nd reason:

- BLESS

- DOTS

and same time, help heal (reno). 

Edited by Damphil, 05 December 2016 - 07:05 AM.

#24 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:40 AM

You are suggesting if I understood correctly to change how some skills work buffing them because they are what you think, not being used or very rarely. I'm telling you otherwise, I use Angelus and Increase agility very often. I don't have high vigor, I can not keep them up all the time but I use when the situation asks for it in WOE. In PvE I also use Angeuls a lot during JDQ or WL. In my mind there is no need to buff those skills.

#25 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:38 PM

You are suggesting if I understood correctly to change how some skills work buffing them because they are what you think, not being used or very rarely. I'm telling you otherwise, I use Angelus and Increase agility very often. I don't have high vigor, I can not keep them up all the time but I use when the situation asks for it in WOE. In PvE I also use Angeuls a lot during JDQ or WL. In my mind there is no need to buff those skills.

I agree. Those skills are not suposed to be permanent buff but like "emergency" support buffs instead. When I played as a priest long ago I used those skills very often in pve while in party at critical situations for example when a boss use a powerfull skill or when there are too many mobs and the healer can't counter the damage. However I played up to condors when Morroc was added and then I wanted to try the new classes (Noels) so idk if it is very efective after that, but reading your comments it seems like it works just fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users