Failed to Connect to Server - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Failed to Connect to Server

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:25 PM

I've connected to a different wifi/internet and after setting it to google DNS, I can't log-in. It says Failed to Connect to Server after entering my user/pass.

Also, I can't log-in to steam either. I think the problem's related. 

#2 Jasmer

Jasmer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:16 AM

Same problem.  Am I doing something wrong? lol

I installed the game yesterday.  I was able to log into a really old account and play around a little.  After confirming the game would run and worked, I logged out.  Tried to log in again later and can no longer make it past server select, at all, ever.

#3 Jasmer

Jasmer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:11 PM

Problem persists.  Cannot get past server select.  I was able to play right after installing, but ever since I logged out I cannot get back in game.

I already searched the forums and tried everything I could find to fix the problem on my own.  I put in a ticket, specifically selected Ragnarok Online as my game, and got an answer with a link to replace an RO2 game file.  Apparently this is currently a "thing" with RO2, but I don't even have that game and I didn't accidentally click RO2 when creating my ticket (I double checked).

I'm beginning to suspect latency is the problem, I have about 650ms at any given time but it seems silly for the login server to timeout because of 650ms latency.  Not when I've been playing WoW and Swtor with that (sometimes more) for years.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Pretty stumped here.  Might have to uninstall and move on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users