Even if you follow the rules - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Even if you follow the rules

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
191 replies to this topic

#26 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 26 November 2016 - 12:38 PM

The threat of punishment is implied whenever a Game Master messages you. The knowledge base you linked doesn't even make it clear if the vague emblem rule is just a suggestion that will lead to GMs harassing you in game or to actual punishment. If we have the options to use vague emblems and ignore messages from GMs in game, just say so and this wouldn't even be an issue.

#27 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 12:38 PM

I still don't understand the problem with that emblem.

Romeu is running around with a pale orange version of the same thing (which he changed during WoE) and whilst I sometimes appreciate special treatment believe me this time it isn't welcome.

That is something to discuss with Warnhal. Me wading into these judgement calls will most likely only cause more confusion if he disagrees or has a different thought.

#28 VaIhalla

VaIhalla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 November 2016 - 12:47 PM

idk if you did anything to my acc or what (I don't have any warnings and it just can't load threads) but anyway you think I haven't tried to talk to warnhal about this? And on top of that, even if I do something like prod another staff member, replies are basically zero. 

This last 3 months has been like "how to lose customers and keep them gone by Warpportal"

It's basically hell being a guildleader when you're trying to tell them the staff aren't biased (and any attempt to point out that's how your guild feels basically gets them accused of white knighting and believe me VH don't whiteknight me. ) To the point I'm starting to believe the guildies. 

People ask me on stream "is classic worth playing" and I'm at a loss for words. This is just added poop. W/e I have the new recaller now for Valhalla so peace out I guess. 

Edited by VaIhalla, 26 November 2016 - 12:50 PM.

#29 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 26 November 2016 - 12:52 PM

Camp please check message regarding my ticket

#30 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:04 PM

Shoulda let me play today.

#31 VaIhalla

VaIhalla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:08 PM

You know where I'm at lol

I still enjoy how a whole guild can play w/o emblem because they're not in guild and that's OK

I really don't get it. or I do. Perhaps being guildless comes with the risk of being smacked by a Wild Blade. l8rK6IU.gif

#32 Romeu

Romeu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
  • Server:Clasic

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:10 PM

You should use my emblem. No GM yelled at me for it. Then again I never heard of orange world.

iJVqczE.png

#33 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:10 PM

So Campitor if we have a client edit that's the same floor color as enemy guilds emblems. Will those enemy guild emblems be illegal?

That's essentially what's happening here with our emblem and the grey world cheaters reporting us.

#34 VaIhalla

VaIhalla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:19 PM

I hope everyone who plays RO has their monitors all calibrated to the exact same contrast/brightness/gamma settings as everyone else - Frankly I didn't have a problem seeing it 

#35 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:21 PM

Lets be very clear over the last few months all guilds have had misconceptions regarding the rules because it was always "well X GM said this in 2007" "Y GM said that in 2010" so they have been working to define the rules in set knowledge base articles and like we posted on the forums. Everyone thought the same way on the bigger rules but small details about "How visible" were different. The GM team is trying to address that as best they can by creating these knowledge base articles and contacting guild leaders and warning them.

I think we can all agree that is the best way to handle such things regarding the emblems.

The biggest reason why GM's should be REQUIRED  to play the game, so that they know and understand how the game ACTUALLY works......and if the GM's were more interactive with their player base two things would happen; first of all the staff would all be on the SAME PAGE, and not making rules as they see fit, and more importantly, the player base would know what they can and can not do..........WP really needs to start showing their player base more love, or I don't think it will around much longer

#36 Romeu

Romeu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
  • Server:Clasic

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:21 PM

So Campitor if we have a client edit that's the same floor color as enemy guilds emblems. Will those enemy guild emblems be illegal?

That's essentially what's happening here with our emblem and the grey world cheaters reporting us.

To be honest I don`t get what all the crying is about. If you can click kill it, doesn't matter what the emblem looks like. Wish people would get good at the game and not at report spamming. 

I don`t like posting on this forum with all this crying that happens but today the GM crossed the line and stopped an entire guild from playing because of an emblem that is only impacting people that use illegal program. I wish I could have trained that GM, I would have told him to teleport to the player reporting and asked hm to screenshot the emblem without reloging. Would love to have cough a hacker instead of ruining WoE for an entire guild, but what do I know about successful community managing...

hashtagmadbroletmewoe

#37 QuantumGemerald

QuantumGemerald

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:24 PM

I never understood why we have to have an emblem to begin with. It's stupid rules like this that lead to stupid situations that the GMs have to waste their time dealing with.

#38 VaIhalla

VaIhalla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:27 PM

Yeah that's what pisses me off, it's literally a timewaster when they could have been chasing real cheats. Like okay, sometimes people do bm things. That's not terrible - iirc it spurs competition 

#39 Tomb

Tomb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:28 PM

Xellie, why do you find it necessary to push the issues of what is legal anyways? If VH woe'd with 100% full emblem that was bright red you think that would stop you guys from taking what ever fort u wanted? I personally have not ever concerned myself with the % of emblem or color etc. Your going to see EL or TMC coming and we are one of the smallest guilds on the server. Just let it go and use your blue/purple emblem or red. It shouldn't be an issue at all

#40 VaIhalla

VaIhalla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:33 PM

Xellie, why do you find it necessary to push the issues of what is legal anyways? If VH woe'd with 100% full emblem that was bright red you think that would stop you guys from taking what ever fort u wanted? I personally have not ever concerned myself with the % of emblem or color etc. Your going to see EL or TMC coming and we are one of the smallest guilds on the server. Just let it go and use your blue/purple emblem or red. It shouldn't be an issue at all

Why's it your business of what we chose to represent ourselves? It's not all about emblems you know. If they didn't get me for emblems this week it would have been portal cloaking anyway cuz I'm not going to change the way I played for 10 years in WoE over some guy bitching because he doesn't want to sight the portal (or pay w.e $$$ for mp). It's literally just a bunch of salty ass players who probably don't even play spamming "Xellie" "valhalla" reports.

Tho in the GMs defense, they did manage to find the correct recaller, but probably only after PM Xellie 6 times. 

As for forts lol. How about some actual fights? 13 on today most core missing and we had to play vs a dumb alliance. Well see, thats where hard to see emblems would have been a legit tactic in the past. Things like that are what supposed to help small guilds be tactical against large ones. It might be "r00d" but last I checked being rude wasn't bannable. (read: sean in our inn every. Fscking. WoE.)

#41 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:38 PM

Judging by your comment, you are a part of those that cause the issue.......and before everyone starts wailing about what I'm saying, I don't WoE, nor do I play classic, I just HATE it when people play favoritism 

#42 VaIhalla

VaIhalla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:40 PM

no no valhalla has to play how the community dictates. You gotta understand it's our Noblesse Oblige.

#43 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:44 PM

Test. 

#44 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:44 PM

hi camp, sent you a lengthy PM, hope you read it

#45 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:46 PM

Your going to see EL or TMC coming and we are one of the smallest guilds on the server.

So you have like the 2nd maybe 3rd biggest guild on the server and you say it's one of the smallest.

I can't take anything you say seriously now because of this lie.

Know how many we had on in game? hovering around the 10-15 people mark depending on who's alting characters. Know how many I counted in emp room with cawks and IM? over 35+

Good lie, seems like a lot of people from EL/Cawks lying nowadays.

IM/Cawks need 3x our numbers to kill us.

#46 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:00 PM

I uploaded the offending emblems. They're super hard to see, get your macro lenses ready.

Today's

VlCAHe2.jpg
 T8Bkphq.jpg

yuEc2CS.jpg

Last weeks

sMrnlpq.jpg

4LiWIuw.jpg

OrXzOgF.jpg

By the time you throw in precast colours (WHITE AND WHITE AND MORE WHITE AND LIGHT ORANGE AND WHITE) actually it's easy to see. At least, on my monitor. I can see maybe it's hard to see on illegal clients and/or poorly calibrated screens or those with bad eyesight. But I said before I find some emblems hard to see in certain situations (valk's springs to mind inb4 this post is reported for mentioning it) So it's just too vague of a rule imo. 

As a guildleader I have to manage the guild with rules and regulations too and I find that unclear and arbitrary bs leads to frustration and player loss. I've done a lot of teamleader and leadership stuff irl too - and clarity is important because when you leave everything open to interpretation it's really hard on the people who have to follow the rules.

In this very case, it's dependent on so many things on the players side. 

#47 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:06 PM

The only way this emblem is hard to see IF YOU'RE CHEATING!!!!!! If you have a legit client, this is super easy to see.

Have the people reporting and complaining ever considered to.... you know.... not cheat???

Edited by isamu999, 26 November 2016 - 02:06 PM.

#48 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:09 PM

Tomb please head on TS, we need to revisit how to count to 35+ again.

Tomb - "We only have 8 people on"

isamu999 - "Have you learn how to count past 8?"

Tomb - "No"

isamu999 - "There's the problem"

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:14 PM

isamu chill, this is about emblems not hibram

#50 Tomb

Tomb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:16 PM

Isamu, Roka outnumbers us so does rampage autocrat IM VH we have about the same number as ano does. week to week fluctuations taken into consideration.... Im not sure how we are not one of the smallest guilds 6-10 ppl If u wanna count our 2 alt linkers and alt CP team and alt smith alt stringer and 2 alt HPs. I guess we are #1 in dual-quad clients. WE DID IT GUYS! WOO

Xellie, this isn't any of my business but you are so loud on the forums it becomes everyone's business. No we didn't report VH, we take this game much less seriously then many other guilds. We do not use bot warpers like some guilds. We do not use illegal emblems. We do not use bot slinger/bomber/scholar/sniper (seen them all). We do not portal recall. I really prefer to stay off the forums but this one is silly even for you. Emblems are such a silly thing to get potentially suspended for, it being as close to invisible just shows class or lack there of not really giving any significant advantage either way. 

Edited by Tomb, 26 November 2016 - 02:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users