Client sided freeze on Invokers, Is there a fix? - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Client sided freeze on Invokers, Is there a fix?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:The One With A Dragon On

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:58 PM

Hello there! I figured I'd take an hour on editting this masterpiece (not) of a video to show you guys who doesn't know how it's like to PvP against a client sided freeze. Extra thanks to Violetka for making this video possible c:

Please don't get triggered/angry since my intentions when making this video was to give more awareness to the staff that this is a frustrating problem and almost every classes has one of these "client sided" spells. The one that stands out the most to me though is Invokers freeze.

So without further a do, I introduce to you the low budget video that will probably not change anything but might be a bit fun to watch if you're into that kind of humor:

As always, thanks for reading and have a nice day!

Regards,

Yuumikitsu

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:19 PM

*sigh* First gathering some infos. Are the player you're fighting against and you  playing from the same location? Or are the locations very far from each other?

I don't want to make anything better than it is, client side skills ARE actually a problem. But an even bigger problem is a rework of this. This would need a complete transfer of the skills to be server sided. This can't even be done in weeks to make it the way it works perfectly fine. Network programming is one of the biggest challenges I ever faced since I am programming.

#3 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:The One With A Dragon On

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:26 PM

We are playing far away from each other but I even face this issue when I'm playing with someone who's right next to me. It's normal for Dragon Saga at this point to have client sided skills but it's still annoying to play against since it gives the "right class" an unfair advantage over the other which is: The more lag you have, The easier you'll hit your client sided spells. And most client sided spells are in the main combo of almost every class in the game. I'm not telling you to fix it within a week or a month. This might take longer but I just wanted to have a bit of information about how far you've come in this matter and if you think you'll be able to fix it sometime in the future.

Thanks for the fast reply and good luck programming Popcorn!  :chomok02:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users