ROdex Mail discussion - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

ROdex Mail discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
186 replies to this topic

#1 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 November 2016 - 08:42 PM

Though the new mail system implementation sounds all promising. There are cons compared to old system too, cons that some people give more value too. 

The 99 stamps and weight cap is what am talking about. As far as I saw on other sites, I didn't get any info on how the stamps are being generated. But it seems you can send one mail per stamp and I am not even sure of, is it 99 stamps per char (so it is 9x99 stamps per account) or its only 99 stamps for the whole account. It must be, 9x99 but want confirmation on that. 

Being a woe player, woe guilds are about to have extra work handed over to them. RO is a very old game and barely it's surviving because we who already play love it. But, making woe guilds tedious for supplies and other setups is going to discourage, if not the big time guilds at least the small time guilds and that is not good. Considering a full guild for all three woes of a week, we all have storage & supply account for each guild and mailing 56 chars at least 5 mails per woe (pots,sp,speeds etc...) its going to take nearly 5x56 = 280 mails more or less. And for three woes its about to be ~900 mails per week. 

Limiting that to just 99 mails is a hard hammer over all the guilds. Even if we are making 3 or even 9 chars on a single account so that we have 3x99 or 9x99 mails on that account. Too much work every week transferring from diff accounts to them (like brewer or cash holder to the storage and mailer). 

Also, There is the weight cap of 2k. So, you can't just throw 3k cond pots in a single mail anymore once the system gets implemented. This yet another tedious work for the guilds and brewers to come around it. 

Considering both, I can conclude the new system though has shiny outline it can choke the life out of guilds and brewers which is almost a core part of the whole game. My suggestion is not to implement the system if we can't locally remove both the limit caps on iro. 

~open to discussion

#2 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:05 PM

im really super interested about the stamps, if you need to buy more via cash shop methods thats really horrible

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:06 PM

You do know there's a guild warehouse update that we haven't gotten yet, right? Why such reliance on the mail system when the guild warehouse would do what you need?

#4 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:14 PM

I was just told about guild warehouse.. But for the sake of the thread, could you please explain it or give info on that ? 

#5 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:14 PM

Wait what, so a character can only send 99 mails and that's it?  What in the -_-?  There's a way to replenish that, right?

The guild warehouse doesn't fix the problem of supplying, unless each guild member has their own sub-storage that the guild leader can put supplies in for them to grab.

Plus, even if the warehouse did that, having RODex with a 99 mail limit without the warehouse would be a rip.

#6 heinrichxxiii

heinrichxxiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • LocationSinergia Guild

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:15 PM

We use the current mail system, I think we need more info about this matter, because if it is as you say, then it will be more difficult and uncomfortable to send supplies for guildmates by setting unnecessary limits.....if GM want to make it modern or add something, is fine, but setting requirements to be able to send mails...I do not understand why doing that.Vigilantes and Sinergia guild have been using mail system for years and works perfect, specially for those that have different gaming schedule and can't connect to pick woe supplies at the moment we have someone available to give them.

#7 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:16 PM

You do know there's a guild warehouse update that we haven't gotten yet, right? Why such reliance on the mail system when the guild warehouse would do what you need?

Because we're not getting the guild warehouse in the foreseeable future and this impacts WOE right now?

#8 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:17 PM

Wait what, so a character can only send 99 mails and that's it?  What in the -_-?  There's a way to replenish that, right?

The guild warehouse doesn't fix the problem of supplying, unless each guild member has their own sub-storage that the guild leader can put supplies in for them to grab.

Plus, even if the warehouse did that, having RODex with a 99 mail limit without the warehouse would be a rip.

And there is the other concern, even if the ware house is supposed to solve the said issue of 99 limit cap. We don't know when it is coming, it is definitely not going to be tagged along with rodex patch if rodex is being implemented next week. From the info I was handed out to me by my friend, The warehouse might follow rodex only after a year or two. That is a tough time for guilds to survive without warehouse and just rodex as pred stated. 

#9 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:23 PM

Every guild mails supplies but 1. Not saying this is another thing that beniffits them but kind of looks like it. Cinnamon's guild doesn't really care to much about mail since they hand them out.

#10 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:16 PM

Hmm, would it be possible to keep the iRO customized Mail Annex for WoE players and still implement RODEX for everyone else? The only reason I could think of to limit the mail is to discourage botters from using it to spam people with gold selling sites, since that did happen with the old mail system.

#11 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:20 PM

Every guild mails supplies but 1. Not saying this is another thing that beniffits them but kind of looks like it. Cinnamon's guild doesn't really care to much about mail since they hand them out.

What guild? Do you mean this one?

iNEYKYs.png

I am sorry my Paint skills are awful.

#12 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:20 PM

@zerotigress

So have both systems independent of each other.. Sounds Interesting.. 

Edited by FrostKing, 26 November 2016 - 10:21 PM.

#13 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:25 PM

@zerotigress

So have both systems independent of each other.. Sounds Interesting..

It's either that or iRO pushes kRO to give us the guild warehouse along with RODEX (like I've been spamming in Tiki Tuesday threads for a few weeks, but barely anyone wanted to support the suggestion so I got tired).

#14 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:33 PM

It's either that or iRO pushes kRO to give us the guild warehouse along with RODEX (like I've been spamming in Tiki Tuesday threads for a few weeks, but barely anyone wanted to support the suggestion so I got tired).

Yea I like the sound of both systems existing simultaneously. But assuming that is bit improbable unless said so possible by gms once they come online.. 

While we still linger with the question about when Warehouse update will follow once ROdex is implemented...
once again, lot of us don't know about warehouse @zero.  please elaborate the warehouse system or link it. 
I seen one site where it says you get min 100 slots, max 500 slots and its a guild shared storage with log of who withdrew what. But I couldn't find answers for questions like.. 

1. What is the max limit of items we can hold in there? For example, kafra has 30k of any given items.
2. Can anyone deposit items ?

3. Can gears be deposited ? etc...

Please share if you have more info on the system.

#15 nheil02

nheil02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:49 PM

i don't know if this is working in iRO but during times of pRO mails some guild exploited its bug to disconnect targeted player during woe

Edited by nheil02, 26 November 2016 - 10:50 PM.

#16 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:02 PM

What guild? Do you mean this one?

iNEYKYs.png

I am sorry my Paint skills are awful.

<snip>

Edited by Popcorn: 
I edited out your comment on this post regarding the following rule:

Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt

Attempting to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt on the forums will not be tolerated. Creating false rumors and information will lead to disciplinary action.

Please refrain from creating false rumors or spreading false informations in the future. Thank you.

#17 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:28 PM

Did my eyes deceive me?Did I just see Cinnamon trying to be not funny?

#18 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:33 PM

Yea I like the sound of both systems existing simultaneously. But assuming that is bit improbable unless said so possible by gms once they come online.. 

While we still linger with the question about when Warehouse update will follow once ROdex is implemented...
once again, lot of us don't know about warehouse @zero.  please elaborate the warehouse system or link it. 
I seen one site where it says you get min 100 slots, max 500 slots and its a guild shared storage with log of who withdrew what. But I couldn't find answers for questions like.. 

1. What is the max limit of items we can hold in there? For example, kafra has 30k of any given items.
2. Can anyone deposit items ?
3. Can gears be deposited ? etc...

Please share if you have more info on the system.

Here's what I could find.

http://ro.gnjoy.com/...q=147&curpage=2

Guild Warehouse update (with new feature: you can now give your member an access to guild storage by checking the box just like you give them power to invite/punish, Also they added Item Log) (Jan 21, 2014)

From what I can understand, you have to level up the Guild Warehouse skill in order to increase the amount of storage slots. So at maximum, you can put in 500 different items in there (just 100 shy of our personal Kafra storage). It works basically the same way, you can deposit gears, consumables, etc. As for who can deposit and withdraw from the warehouse, that's just an extra option you can tick off in the positions management tab of your guild window. So anyone who has the guild title that allows warehouse access will be able to deposit and withdraw from the warehouse. And there will be an item log to track who has deposited or withdrawn which items to help keep inventory.

#19 YuyaFungami

YuyaFungami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:37 PM

Because allowing the members access to getting their own supplies won't go badly :^)

#20 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:38 PM

Warehouse could also be a problem solver for brewers and potting community.. If it didn't have limit cap on storage like.. If we could hoard 100k or more witch star sand or any other materials, If that is possible it would be like utopia 

#21 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:43 PM

That or let it have the ability to store more than one stack of the same item(s) like 5 or more stacks of 30k WSS.

The dream.

#22 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:35 AM

i like the idea of 10% of zeny being charged when transferring zeny via rodex. like a mini zeny sink.

#23 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:37 AM

<snip>

I gotta be honest, if all the mods really are in this guild, they do a good job of hiding it from its own members. It's surprising that only those on the outside seem to know.

#24 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:16 AM

together with this update is the itemlua, GMs should be able to increase the stacking limit with that w/o having a hard time

#25 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:33 AM

Because allowing the members access to getting their own supplies won't go badly :^)

Because people aren't already sharing guildleader accounts to do stuff, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users