Returning player from old iRO Loki - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Returning player from old iRO Loki

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jasmer

Jasmer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:00 AM

Hey guys, I'm basically new to the game again and had some questions.  I played very briefly like 4 or 5 years ago after the game went F2P, on Chaos I think, but other than that I haven't touched the game in ages.

1.)  Is Classic actually classic?  Are there bugfixes or issues that were not present?  Quality of life features added like subscriber perks?

2.)  If I play on classic what is a good class for starting completely over from scratch?  I'd prefer to stick to one character at a time, and maybe a merchant.  I typically prefer healing roles but classic loki only has like 500 people on at a time it seems from the server select screen so I don't know if grouping is viable.  In the past I've played priest, knight, assassin, and hunter, but it's been so long that I wouldn't know where to start with any of them so I guess that doesn't matter.

3.)  Are old class guides I find online for classic RO still useful?

4.)  Once upon a time it was super en vogue to pump up one optimal stat first.  That always seemed...kind of dumb to me, will I gimp myself by raising stats in a more well rounded manner as I level?  Will I screw myself over somehow, seeing as I will likely be mostly soloing?

5.)  Is multiboxing okay?  Wondering if I can leech my own alts or tank for them without any imperial entanglements.

6.)  If I make a character on the renewal servers what's a good class for starting from scratch?

Thanks guys for any help.  Further advice is also appreciated, it's been ages. :)

#2 mungmungah

mungmungah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationLikely to be in bed, if not on my way out of debt
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:32 AM

Hello there! I haven't been playing for long but I'll try to answer some of the ones I can. 

1-3. Well I don't play on Classic (welp I have an assassin there but I've stopped playing her for now) so I'll skip these.

4. Usually I follow guides, but also base my decisions on my current training map's demands and my performance (e.g. I miss too many times when training in grove map = slowly add more dex) when choosing which stats to add to. It's easier if you actually take the time to understand each stat, damage formulas, etc. In renewal, there's an NPC called Sam Status that lets you reset your stats. Another NPC will give free skill resets until level 100. And there's one free stat and skill reset in Eden HQ. Not sure if Classic has these NPCs. 

5. If by multi-boxing you mean having multiple clients open simultaneously, then yes it's legal.

6. A lot of people will tell you different things based on their experiences. A lot of people say Guillotine Cross, which actually makes sense, and much better since you said you intend to solo. Rangers are also good, but initial HP/SP pool requires support or spamming pots. 

I don't know what server you plan on playing in but I hope you make friends! I think that's the best part of RO and the one that actually keeps people playing the game. :) Everything becomes more fun when you have friends to do them with. :D 

#3 Jasmer

Jasmer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:06 AM

Thanks for the reply!  I'll probably have characters on both classic and renewal, and I think it ultimately depends on where I make more friends!  I can't get into the game right now, though, I haven't been able to get past server select since yesterday afternoon.  But it did let me play before that so there's hope lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users