mungmungah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationLikely to be in bed, if not on my way out of debt
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:17 AM

So I was thinking of getting this staff for my AB main, but I'm hesitating because it might not be worth as much as I think. 

Currently have +9 recovery light, with +9 AA chibi pope on my level 152 FS AB. Unfortunately a non-blush AA midgear is what I have right now. I also have D.Ring and Cure of Light. Now, while I know that higher amount of heals are an advantage, I've also observed that my SP drains faster (after ~10-12 consecutive High Heals) despite having double AA and being on Magnificat. Unless I spam ygg seeds (and I am running out of my supply), my SP can't really keep up with the healing demands of the parties in Bio4. 

That is why I want to hear your thoughts on this. Is the amount of heal increase worth the increase in SP cost or should I stick to my current gear? 

Thanks in advance! :thx:

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:24 AM

worth it if you manage to solve the SP problems. else, not worth it. glorious cure wand is the way to go.
i once had a +9 LoR and +7 thanatos staff, and at the end i use my thana staff more often lol

#3 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:29 AM

^

I use a normal Wand Of Affection in Bio4 because I don't have a Glorious Cure Wand yet and I'm doing fine.

So no, not worth it.

#4 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 November 2016 - 12:41 PM

As one of the top tier AB players(self proclaimed, in everyone elses eyes I am lower tier than a Rock) with a +14 Recovery Light and does not use AA cards, it is a very good weapon if you can solve your SP issues, but presuming you have 2 AA cards this shouldnt be too big an issue. I'm using a Rod 3 refines above you meaning another 70 sp drain per heal outside your drain at +11 and I am doing absolutely fine even in harsh conditions (12 men party, single AB, everyone has no reductions, etc).

The real question now is, can you handle it? If not, then its not worth it to use it until you can, whereas if you can handle the cost, then your all set to go! But right now, it seems you cannot handle it without much difficulty so I suggest you stick to current gear till you can figure out how to make it work in your favour.

#5 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:26 PM

one way to alleviate sp problems is going through 99% sp consumption reduction through gears and skills.

regardless of the Flat sp increase, sp cost will be reduced to 1, and increased to 2sp/3sp depending on the level of offertorium.

+x Heartwing Hairband, +7 Geffen Magic Robe, Pharaoh Card, Mental Potion, dancer's skill Gypsy's Kiss are some of the ways to achieve this.

Hero Ungoliant boots, sarah earring enchant, and spiritual thrift too but they might incur more problems using this setup.

higher heals are only a slight advantage overall imo. 

Edited by 4853121207141913140, 28 November 2016 - 03:31 PM.

#6 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:06 AM

currently i use +9 recovery light and normally do around 15K high heal. i think that's more than enough for party

that +9 and +11 recovery light difference is about 12% heal amount increase, maybe do around 1k high heal more with 28 more sp use drawback. it's nice if you have some heal number obsession, else don't use it

just stick with your current gear, but hardly imagine run out sp in bio 4 with double AA unless your party didn't have wanderer. just switch into normal staff if your party not recruit wandy

#7 mungmungah

mungmungah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationLikely to be in bed, if not on my way out of debt
  • Server:Thor

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:32 AM

Thanks for all the input guys! :thx:

So far what I'm getting is that my current gear supposedly should suffice. I guess I'll stick to it for now and focus on getting my SP pool up or consumption down.  :p_laugh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users