#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:33 AM

GOOD MORNING RUNE MIDGARD!

How was everyone's weekend? If you are in the US did you have a good thanks giving?

If you missed it. Oda is taking a leave of absence in December. He will be gone for at least six months while he studies abroad. We hope that he will be able to return to us after he finishes his study program.

General:

• The Veteran's day EXP/Drops Events End
  • Thanksgiving Event Continues
  • Oda/Astra will be welcoming two new vmods to the forums.

Renewal:

• We we have received for Sakray Testing the following (They sent us another batch of data we will be review it today)
    • RODEX
    • Character Server Update
    • Item Lua System
    • Cards for the 15.X updates
  • We currently have a sprite fix for the Amistr Bag look. But it causes some secondary client errors we are waiting for HQ to provide a fix to those secondary errors before we distribute the fix. We received a new fix and will be testing this.
  • We will be reviewing the WoE TE time feedback this week.
  • Lucky Crates go away
  • Mad Bunny Ore Boxes go away
  • Enriched Hammer Goes Away
  • New Amistr Bag Enchantment System (Details to come)

Classic:

• New Headgear Quest
  • Lucky Crates go away

#2 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:39 AM

Lol nothing changes them :/ also please answer my pm.

And will the survey rewards be implemented?

Edited by KamiKali, 28 November 2016 - 10:40 AM.

#3 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:40 AM

• Item Lua System

What's new with these two ?

#4 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:44 AM

Really curious what exactly is this, more info pls

Thanks

#5 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:44 AM

I feel like there is too much transparency when it comes to the vmods. It causes so much drama and conspiracy theories.
If someone has the true intent of being an unbiased and fair mod, they would not hide behind a name. The main concern is that people can come off as sincere and genuine here on the forum and have a more sinister intent. There's quite a few people that I would put in that category that I believe Oda would trust and think are "good" people.

If I am not mistaken, the vmods can also access any users ip from posts, which is a serious issue if the wrong person gets elected. I feel that no reasonable person would harass or demean someone for modding them either. I know this is probably the true concern as for as the anonymity goes.

I think that most people can agree that Cinnamon has been fair for the most part, but Cinnamon afaik has no real affiliation with a WoE guild or anything like that.
There's no true ideal situation, but the community should at least have some insight on the people that are acting as a proxy for the GMs.

#6 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:46 AM

I feel like there is too much transparency when it comes to the vmods. It causes so much drama and conspiracy theories.
If someone has the true intent of being an unbiased and fair mod, they would not hide behind a name. The main concern is that people can come off as sincere and genuine here on the forum and have a more sinister intent. There's quite a few people that I would put in that category that I believe Oda would trust and think are "good" people.

If I am not mistaken, the vmods can also access any users ip from posts, which is a serious issue if the wrong person gets elected. I feel that no reasonable person would harass or demean someone for modding them either. I know this is probably the true concern as for as the anonymity goes.

I think that most people can agree that Cinnamon has been fair for the most part, but Cinnamon afaik has no real affiliation with a WoE guild or anything like that.
There's no true ideal situation, but the community should at least have some insight on the people that are acting as a proxy for the GMs.

Triggered !! in few mins :# :3

#7 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:50 AM

1. VMods cannot see IP addresses of users. Only in house staff can,
2. VMods were harassed in the past because players knew who they were. They much remain anonymous for their own sanity. If players have a specific problem with a VMod please see the chart below and contact the appropriate person with your issue. 

VM Team:
Primary Contact: Oda
Secondary Contacts
Varitas
Dragonlark
Warnhal
Njoror
Astra

CM Team:
Primary Contacts:
Oda
Varitas
Dragonlark
Astra
Secondary Contacts
Warnhal
Njoror

#8 KingAbel

KingAbel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1281 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:50 AM

Exp and drops stay?

#9 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:53 AM

2. VMods were harassed in the past because players knew who they were. They much remain anonymous for their own sanity. If players have a specific problem with a VMod please see the chart below and contact the appropriate person with your issue. 

VM Team:
Secondary Contacts
Varitas
Dragonlark
Warnhal
Njoror
Astra

CM Team:
Primary Contacts:
Oda
Varitas
Dragonlark
Astra
Secondary Contacts
Warnhal
Njoror

Please don't post that; Heimdallr told me last Wednesday that PMs are not an appropriate way to contact staff and that he doesn't know why you keep pushing it.

And for Warnhal specifically, he said:

"You realize the proper way of reaching him is through the ticket tool, the forums are an extra effort he tries to squeeze in to his full schedule."

Edited by Myzery, 28 November 2016 - 10:54 AM.

#10 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:56 AM

Exp and drops stay?

General:

• The Veteran's day EXP/Drops Events End

#11 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:57 AM

• New Amistr Bag Enchantment System (Details to come)

Normal one or costume one?

#12 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:59 AM

Please don't post that; Heimdallr told me last Wednesday that PMs are not an appropriate way to contact staff and that he doesn't know why you keep pushing it.

And for Warnhal specifically, he said:

"You realize the proper way of reaching him is through the ticket tool, the forums are an extra effort he tries to squeeze in to his full schedule."

The CM team is not on the ticket tool. If you are trying to contact them it must be through PMs.

#13 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:01 AM

Normal one or costume one?

Normal

#14 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:20 AM

ignored '-'

k bye

Edited by MyNameIsTaken, 28 November 2016 - 11:20 AM.

#15 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:21 AM

ignored '-'

k bye

We have to test to figure out what exactly it is.

#16 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:22 AM

We have to test to figure out what exactly it is.

Lemme make sure I understand what was just said, they sent y'all an update, with no notes to the update?

#17 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:29 AM

The CM team is not on the ticket tool. If you are trying to contact them it must be through PMs.

I'm sure I'm asking something that's already been asked internally, but...

Why not?  Wouldn't it be ideal for players to be able to have a one stop shop for all of their issues, regardless of whether it's in-game, or in-community?  This way, any CM can jump on any issue, instead of everyone PMing you/Oda because those are the names people are most familiar with currently.

#18 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:30 AM

Very curious as to what the Amistr Bag enchants are, this could be promising.

#19 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:34 AM

Lemme make sure I understand what was just said, they sent y'all an update, with no notes to the update?

Welcome to iRO. You must be new here.

#20 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:36 AM

irowiki forums showed the names of every vmod they had on the forums.

it's really not a big deal and it provides greater transparency on everything they will be posting or responding to.

For example:

Hi Mod X, I have issues with this player named Kaddy cause she doesn't log on for bio4, can you help me?
(Mod X is actually Kaddy and now she knew something I didn't want her to know).

Example 2:

Hi Mod Y, this person is being rude on the forums, can you talk with this person?
(Mod Y is actually a known friend and will more than likely share this information with that friend).

Example 3:

WTF THIS MOD EDITED AND DELETE MY THREAD? OH IT'S THAT PERSON NO WONDER, I KNOW THIS PERSON IS FRIENDS WITH HIM HER AND IS AFFILIATED WITH THIS GUILD.

I personally don't like the anonymity but this is just from speculation. You're trusting interweb humans to be unbias and that is hard to find. It's not like the supreme court places everyone as annonymous since people will always gravitate towards their own personality and biases. Not my first choice, but we'll see how this will work out before another Silaqui happen again.

Edited by Demeris, 28 November 2016 - 11:39 AM.

#21 LegendaryTorgue

LegendaryTorgue

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1598 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:38 AM

Camp, when is grandma boxter gonna get updated?

#22 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:40 AM

Very curious as to what the Amistr Bag enchants are, this could be promising.

Gonna assume it's a bunch of Amistr Bags that were released on kRO earlier this year.

Each one does:

+1 All stats.
Per 2 Refines: +1% EXP from Monsters, +1% Item Drop Rate.
When +9: Regen 3 SP when a monster is killed by a physical or magical attack.
When +12: Skill casting cannot be interrupted.

But on top of that, one of the bag types offers one of the following skills:
Teleport Lv1

Heal Lv1

Greed Lv1

Increase Agility Lv1

Magnum Break Lv1

Endure Lv1

Sight Lv1

Improve Concentration Lv1

Hiding Lv1

Edited by Toxn, 28 November 2016 - 11:41 AM.

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:50 AM

VM Team:
Secondary Contacts
Varitas
Dragonlark
Warnhal
Njoror
Astra

CM Team:
Primary Contacts:
Oda
Varitas
Dragonlark
Astra
Secondary Contacts
Warnhal
Njoror

You should stop posting this. Anytime there's been an issue raised with moderator concerns, Oda ignores it. Anytime an issue is raised about moderators ignoring offensive content, Oda ignores it. Any time an issue is raised about a pattern of behaviour by a user to attempt a resolution, Oda tells the person making the complaint to "unblock and PM" the bully to negotiate.

tldr; no faith in the system. I feel sorry for the mods. last time Oda picked someone completely inexperienced who ended up actually in tears.

All whilst kind of rubbing in the face of volunteers who do more - that the vmods actually get something for their work.

You wanna know what anonymity does? It raises suspicion. You'd be better off with a supporter system (no access to reports, post hide only no edits, maybe pinning abilities) rather than everyone trying to figure out exactly which LR member Cinnamon is.

Also popcorn exposed himself by using the same sig on his mod acc as his civvie one. Leading to Oda threatening and ultimately banning the user that managed to realize 2+2 != Chair

Furthermore the vmod system came about because of the one mod who was involved in drama that couldn't keep his own nose out and had too much pride to ask someone that was uninvolved with it. So now instead of knowing who deletes my posts so the staff can't see them, now people just wonder which of Oda's friends got the position.

I know you didn't want to hear this, but this is genuinely the way the some community see it. You'd have to live under a rock to not see the constant shots taken at cinnamon recently by renewal players.

Edited by Xellie, 28 November 2016 - 11:54 AM.

#24 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:56 AM

You should stop posting this. Anytime there's been an issue raised with moderator concerns, Oda ignores it. Anytime an issue is raised about moderators ignoring offensive content, Oda ignores it. Any time an issue is raised about a pattern of behaviour by a user to attempt a resolution, Oda tells the person making the complaint to "unblock and PM" the bully to negotiate.

tldr; no faith in the system. I feel sorry for the mods. last time Oda picked someone completely inexperienced who ended up actually in tears.

All whilst kind of rubbing in the face of volunteers who do more - that the vmods actually get something for their work.

You wanna know what anonymity does? It raises suspicion. You'd be better off with a supporter system (no access to reports, post hide only no edits, maybe pinning abilities) rather than everyone trying to figure out exactly which LR member Cinnamon is.

Also popcorn exposed himself by using the same sig on his mod acc as his civvie one.

Furthermore the vmod system came about because of the one mod who was involved in drama that couldn't keep his own nose out and had too much pride to ask someone that was uninvolved with it. So now instead of knowing who deletes my posts so the staff can't see them, now people just wonder which of Oda's friends got the position.

I know you didn't want to hear this, but this is genuinely the way the some community see it. You'd have to live under a rock to not see the constant shots taken at cinnamon recently by renewal players.

This is harsh, but it is pretty much spot on. I am bad at multi quoting, but Pred and Acolyte also have valid points.
The way it is now, the VMod system is ultimately flawed. If you do not have thick skin, you should probably not be in the position.
A mutual friend that Xellie and I shared was a VMod and that person was on the brink of quitting just because they could not handle the responsibility that came with the territory.

#25 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:58 AM

One of the previous vmods was instructed to add fake edits to post that didn't break rules in order to dispel fears of bias claims

Meanwhile, everyone loves Ralis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users