Guess who finally got some well-deserved love - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Guess who finally got some well-deserved love

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:40 PM

The WL equipment section on iro wiki!

(It actually recommended an Elder Willow Card until I touched it. Wtf.)

Will try to add pretty tables - think Ranger page - to it after the exp event is over.

After that I wanted to work on the example builds.

To me they look outdated, like leftovers from the 150/50 era.

What I would do (more or less) for any non-WoE WL would more like: 120 int/dex, 80 vit, 70 agi => level 162.

With leftover points to be spend individually depending on what you want more.

(I don't WoE. N> Input for that, please.)

Now before I go on a wild build-editing spree:

- Any other recommendations for stats (especially for WoE)?

(NOT stat progression, I mean final stats. Maybe with some leftovers for personal tweaking like my example above.)

(This is mostly for those with some experience with a 175/60 WL.)

- Did I miss any good or especially budget-friendly equips/cards?

- Anything else I missed?

#2 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:39 AM

Great Work! I don't know what the Kronos is doing there, though. XD But great work nonetheless. If you want, I can give you some suggestion for gears discriptions. For those with no discriptions, I mean.

After that I wanted to work on the example builds.

To me they look outdated, like leftovers from the 150/50 era.

What I would do (more or less) for any non-WoE WL would more like: 120 int/dex, 80 vit, 70 agi => level 162.

With leftover points to be spend individually depending on what you want more.

(I don't WoE. N> Input for that, please.)

Basically this, but with 87 VIT for totalling 100 with Eden buff and getting immunities. Some people get luck for more damage, some get AGI for more ASPD, which is good for SE Spamming with Strings. Getting AGI also helps resist bleeding status, which can be a pain for warlocks.

Now before I go on a wild build-editing spree:

- Weakened Fenrir Card, though slotted mid can be more expensive than Robo Eyes, it's still a better alternative. It can also serve as a cheap generic upper headgear card.

- Thanatos Staff, because slot.

- Pendant of Maestorm for acc.

- Mora robes for cheap elemental armors. Also, shoes and orbs for cheap elemental reductions.

- Hodremlin and Alice card for shield. Though they don't help you with damage, like the ones you listed, they're still staple for leveling and soloing some MVPs/Instances.

- Spellflow Shadow Set and Magical Shadow Set. This info is very important for newbies.

Do you plan to update skill builds? I remember giving some examples in a thread somewhere.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 01 December 2016 - 03:49 AM.

#3 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:21 AM

Great Work! I don't know what the Kronos is doing there, though. XD But great work nonetheless. If you want, I can give you some suggestion for gears discriptions. For those with no discriptions, I mean.

I left the Kronos and Mage Hat in from what was there before. xD

Wanted to think about them some more before I completey throw them out, since I guess they might work as extreme-small-budget gears.

For gear descriptions I just wanted to put what the nicest boni a gear gives are and what it comboes with (ex.: TSoD comboes Skull Cap, Big Ben comboes with Neo Punk)

Basically this, but with 87 VIT for totalling 100 with Eden buff and getting immunities. Some people get luck for more damage, some get AGI for more ASPD, which is good for SE Spamming with Strings. Getting AGI also helps resist bleeding status, which can be a pain for warlocks.

I just wanted to give a general outline with enough space for people to play around with.

Went with 80 vit for the general stat-base instead of 87 because that gets the FAW vit bonus and not everyone plays with vip.

Didn't do that with agi since 1% aspd is not really the most noticeable thing in the world and WLs can use Berserk Pots.

- Weakened Fenrir Card, though slotted mid can be more expensive than Robo Eyes, it's still a better alternative. It can also serve as a cheap generic upper headgear card.

- Thanatos Staff, because slot.

- Pendant of Maestorm for acc.

- Mora robes for cheap elemental armors. Also, shoes and orbs for cheap elemental reductions.

- Hodremlin and Alice card for shield. Though they don't help you with damage, like the ones you listed, they're still staple for leveling and soloing some MVPs/Instances.

- Spellflow Shadow Set and Magical Shadow Set. This info is very important for newbies.

Will add those when I do the tables thingy, thanks! :)

Shadow gears are not added in yet, because I just went with the categories that were already there first.

Will add them when I do the tables, too.

But first I gotta finish abusing the exp event. Want to have two fresh WLs before maint, one is 99/3 already.  :rice: :heh: 

Do you plan to update skill builds? I remember giving some examples in a thread somewhere.

Yes, I also want to give a few Skill-build examples.

I thought about one with Comet, one with TV and one without either of those.

No Comet + TV because that is just meh imo, unless you (and others) manage to find a build for that which actually convinces me. :P

Edited by kubikyuu, 01 December 2016 - 04:22 AM.

#4 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:59 AM

The problem with Kronos for WL is that it's more expensive than the SoD (because Sorc), gives less MATK and doesn't give MAmp CT reduction. I like the fact that KK Card is not there, btw.

I totally agree with your builds. Intensification is a Staple for warlocking and it needs to be mentioned! XD I started the eventi with a Hunter 81, and finished it with a Ranger 149/40, also leveled my AB and my RK just a little bit, so I guess I made a decent use for the time I have available. I also plan on making a few more WLs for Bako exterminating, but NOT TODAY!

Again, congrats, man, you made a great work!

Edited by Kusanagisama, 01 December 2016 - 06:01 AM.

#5 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:57 AM

Ill try comet + TV for woe once, not very versatile but great burst in general, i think you could add the build without both of them, there are some people who actually are running around with that build, like fuyuki and me, who both run a lets say, pure elemental build (with all the elemental spells but tetra maxed) i think that makes WLs very versatile in terms of dealing with different instances, also when you level solo Comet is not very reliable because consumes a lot of gems and SP, so for late game leveling you will be using CR CL, JF a lot more than comet wich is also not spammable...Comet tho works really well on low and mid and in partyplay, for solo is better using other skills, ive been leeching a friend on mid TI using SE, CR and JF this week, so totally doable. Also if you see the late game leveling videos of some people you will see that comet wont surpass the dmg of amped CR wich can be enhanced further by cards, robes and some accesories.

Really nice job man keep it up :D

#6 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:49 AM

Both of us also forgot Arc Elder Card for garment. XD

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:56 AM

Robo eyes is a pretty good mid, and the matk it gives isnt too far from weakened fenrir.

#8 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:21 AM

Ill try comet + TV for woe once, not very versatile but great burst in general, i think you could add the build without both of them, there are some people who actually are running around with that build, like fuyuki and me, who both run a lets say, pure elemental build (with all the elemental spells but tetra maxed) i think that makes WLs very versatile in terms of dealing with different instances, also when you level solo Comet is not very reliable because consumes a lot of gems and SP, so for late game leveling you will be using CR CL, JF a lot more than comet wich is also not spammable...Comet tho works really well on low and mid and in partyplay, for solo is better using other skills, ive been leeching a friend on mid TI using SE, CR and JF this week, so totally doable. Also if you see the late game leveling videos of some people you will see that comet wont surpass the dmg of amped CR wich can be enhanced further by cards, robes and some accesories.

Really nice job man keep it up :D

Yeah Comet is more for low/mid ti.
Still some people might not like the idea of resetting a build just to get rid of one skill when you can get it to work well without resetting (even with Comet being useless later).

And thanks. :)

Both of us also forgot Arc Elder Card for garment. XD

Oh right!
But if I'm adding that I also should add blue/green lichterns.

Thanks for the reminder. :)

Edited by kubikyuu, 01 December 2016 - 11:22 AM.

#9 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:07 AM

Robo eyes is a pretty good mid, and the matk it gives isnt too far from weakened fenrir.

Yes, but from time to time, it's cheaper to get a pair of Mini Glasses of Spell Power than a pair of Robo Eyes.

#10 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:14 AM

no it is not '-'

Robo eyes are dirty cheap, the matk difference is almost non existant (am considering the final value of matk that each would give), +1 dex for the giggles

I wouldnt use a slotted mid to boost magic dmg that isnt some of the element specific ones, but thats me.

#11 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:33 AM

Yes, it is. I'm telling from self-experience. When I bought the "combo" of Mini Glasses[1] + Weakened Fenrir, don't know how long ago, I paid 5M less than the price of a Robo Eye at that given time. Stop denying facts that you don't know of for no reason.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 01 December 2016 - 11:35 AM.

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:05 PM

At that given time. If you are advising someone now, use current up do date info. As of now any slotted mid alone is more than double what robo eyes are.

#13 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:12 PM

Yes, but from time to time, it's cheaper to get a pair of Mini Glasses of Spell Power than a pair of Robo Eyes.

You know that the market is not static. =P

Edited by Kusanagisama, 01 December 2016 - 12:12 PM.

#14 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:15 PM

Tables... Pretty tables everywhere...!

:Emo_17:

Added the gears/cards that have been mentioned.

Also added a section for shadow gears.

Will do the builds later.

#15 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:15 PM

In a long while i have not seen robo eyes costing more than any slotted mid. :v

#16 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:46 PM

Nice. feedback: temporal INT boots do not give +3 int per refine, but +10 matk per refine. 

#17 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:10 PM

Nice. feedback: temporal INT boots do not give +3 int per refine, but +10 matk per refine. 

Thanks and fixed!

That's what happens when you try to copy&pasta stuff to make your work quicker... :p_err:

#18 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:27 PM

Oh maybe Thanatos Staff could be rephrased Kubi, because doesnt have a chance to recover hp/sp like rideword hat, but have a chance to proc a regen kind of effect wich recover hp/sp over time for certain period of time.

Also OBMH gives some matk aswell as the dmg increase, on the TSOD description you put combo with TSOD when should said combo with SC.

The shield cards that combo with N. Mimic and N. Arclouse adds a 5% reduction when are in the combo, to get a 25% reduction from those particular races aswell.

Man you are doing a really nice job, those are just some things i found you can recheck later :D

#19 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:01 PM

RIP outdated builds, welcome the new all-purpose stat outline for level 162!

Also added some possible stat progressions and example skillbuilds.

If anyone has a statbuild that is severely different or wants to suggest some more possible variations for skillbuilds feel free to post away!

(And yes I really left it up to the reader how to spend those 9 High Wizard points. I do believe that you do not absolutely need SG 10 on a Warlock - especially when you ignore TI. :v)

Oh maybe Thanatos Staff could be rephrased Kubi, because doesnt have a chance to recover hp/sp like rideword hat, but have a chance to proc a regen kind of effect wich recover hp/sp over time for certain period of time.

Also OBMH gives some matk aswell as the dmg increase, on the TSOD description you put combo with TSOD when should said combo with SC.

The shield cards that combo with N. Mimic and N. Arclouse adds a 5% reduction when are in the combo, to get a 25% reduction from those particular races aswell.

Man you are doing a really nice job, those are just some things i found you can recheck later :D

Will take a look at those, thanks! :)

Edit:
Going to bed now, if anything needs fixing/adding I'll do it tomorrow.

Edited by kubikyuu, 01 December 2016 - 02:31 PM.

#20 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:26 PM

Grats for the job, man! I've already recommended the guide to some friends.

Now, some appointments:

TSoD > It says that delay is reduced by 3% per refine, but it's 3% for every 2 refines.

Thanatos Staff [2] > Is actually Thanatos Staff [1]

Edited by Kusanagisama, 01 December 2016 - 04:02 PM.

#21 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:12 PM

WL's page looks awesome!

It's ranger's page that needs some updating now..

#22 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:24 PM

Grats for the job, man! I've already recommended the guide to some friends.

Now, some appointments:

TSoD > It says that delay is reduced by 3% per refine, but it's 3% for every 2 refines.

Thanatos Staff [2] > Is actually Thanatos Staff [1]

Fixed and thanks for the compliment!

WL's page looks awesome!

It's ranger's page that needs some updating now..

:heh:

I'd say before Ranger other classes would need more attention:

At first glance I'd say Sorc, RK, RG, GX, SC, Maestro, Mechanic, Genetic, Sura, Kagero/Oboro and Rebel (and SN) really need an update.

AB could also probably use a few changes.

Also thanks for the compliment to you!

Edit:

Added a small paragraph about Kaahi, since it's a legit strategy to easy WL soloing.

Edited by kubikyuu, 02 December 2016 - 03:57 AM.

#23 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:46 AM

You forgot +15 Crimson Staff.

@ +15 is way better than a +14 SoD (I have 5 xD).

Also, even if is a 3% chance to proc, Sarah's battle robe is pretty good when it proc =).

Anti-magic suit works pretty good with Magic Intensifier Ring (Cast delay reduction).

#24 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:02 AM

You forgot +15 Crimson Staff.

@ +15 is way better than a +14 SoD (I have 5 xD).

Also, even if is a 3% chance to proc, Sarah's battle robe is pretty good when it proc =).

Anti-magic suit works pretty good with Magic Intensifier Ring (Cast delay reduction).

Thanks for the reminder!

Added the items. :)

#25 DirgeCometfell

DirgeCometfell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Server:Living In The Database

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:27 AM

is the agav card for armor better than entweihen(of axis) in the long run?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users