Suggestion, Offline vending. - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Suggestion, Offline vending.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 lTonl

lTonl

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:49 PM

Clicking the Offline Vending button (shown in green) will keep your Vending shop online whilst your game client is closed and computer is turned off.

Players can still Buy and Sell to your Vending shop just as if your game client was open as normal.

this offline vending is  a lot better and convenient for all of the other players of rose online NA so all will be active in dungeons/hunting all the time as we may all know all of players of rose wants to vends to earn extra zullie or to make an income by buy n sell. well some players have connection issues they can't  vend while playing cause some  of their char will be disconnected. so this suggestion of mine i think this is the answer for all the problems of vendor's who have slow connection, i thuink this suggestion will be alot helpful and convenient for all of us players

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:24 PM

It's been proposed, a dozen times. You could search and bump relative topic in the proposal section [I believe] so long as they're not more than a year old [from last post] 

#3 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:16 AM

Offline shops are a really neat idea. I am not sure if this sort of solution would be possible, but I will ask the ROSE Team about it. I know they have discussed implementing a system where players do not have to be in game to keep items up for sale before, such as adding an auction house system, but this is something that would not happen for some time in the game, as there are other updates that are being worked on first.

#4 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:53 AM

i would really love something to be able to offline sell things :(

#5 LooneyCL

LooneyCL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:21 AM

or disconect the players wich are not playing in amount of time like 1h... Junon ist full of chars didnt move in all day... this cause a lot off lag in the server...

#6 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:32 PM

or disconect the players wich are not playing in amount of time like 1h... Junon ist full of chars didnt move in all day... this cause a lot off lag in the server...

then shops would dc too, that might be not so good :c

#7 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:02 AM

It's definitely possible.

#8 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:55 AM

It's definitely possible.

I know right...

#9 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:56 AM

Honestly, to me part of the charm of this game is seeing the shops in Junon and I would hate to see that change. 

I can understand why offline vending is attractive in a way, but since ROSE allows for dual clienting, there is no reason you can't have a shop open on one account while you are doing a dungeon on another account, Or if your pc can't handle that, then vend when you are doing homework or having dinner etc. or when you are asleep if you can stay connected overnight.

Edited by HoneyBunz, 31 January 2017 - 12:22 PM.

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:33 AM

What if you can't stay connected overnight. Internet Cafe's, Bandwidth Caps, Family Computer etc. There's more logistical reasons for off-line vending than there are important 'emotional' reasons. 

Besides, who says it couldn't work in the following way.

1: Set up shop with character, instead of your character BEING the shop.

2: You can visit your shop to manage it, collect money or items etc.

3: You could log out, but your 'shop' is still visibly there on the server for people to physically interact with. 

The whole 'setting up a shop' charm would exist in exactly the same way. It would fix the need for multi clienting, would fix disconnection issues, and many other problems. 

I'd say the only limit that should be impressed is a 24 hour 'idle' time-out. If you don't check / engage with your personal shop within 24 hours, the server closes your shop.

-Some features that'd need to be addressed-

1: 'Temporary Storage' would need to be developed where items + zulie would be stored for you to pick-up later, especially with a 'time out' function. This would also store the items you're selling, so you're not running around on a character with a full inventory and stressing the server to pull items from potentially 1 map and send them to another, to be delivered to a purchaser or seller.

2: This could also double as an item overflow for Dungeon Rewards, or for 'automatic loot deposit' in dungeons, since this issue needs to be addressed as well. 

Edited by Feuer, 27 January 2017 - 09:34 AM.

#11 BLACKSKULL7

BLACKSKULL7

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 134 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:45 AM

What if you can't stay connected overnight. Internet Cafe's, Bandwidth Caps, Family Computer etc. There's more logistical reasons for off-line vending than there are important 'emotional' reasons.

i'm with u in these cuz not all player like that kinda of lag or look plus

let's say that i'm looking for something i need it really sad thing that i have to look in every vendor

cuz sometimes when  i say it out loud the price is become higher like player know i want these then they over price it

so the good thing is something like auction house where u pot ur item in it and if it didn't sell it goes back in ur Temporary

Storage that is only for the auction house after 24h or in 2 days maybe so

i think these is one of the most thing u should think about it

cuz the game more and more is becoming dead u still didn't do anything deffrent in it

#12 yhxchris

yhxchris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:45 PM

I think its better if you make offline vending like elsword where they used bulletin board to post the items they want to sell for a limited slots like maximum of 5 slots :D. So it wont affect the vending system in Junon :D

#13 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:27 PM

Essentially, you're talking about a limited auction house at that point. 

#14 yhxchris

yhxchris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:53 PM

NPC Trader something like that at one place. So the players can easily search the essential items they needed. 

#15 Brreezzyhill8

Brreezzyhill8

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:27 PM

offline vending

my dream come true :)

#16 yhxchris

yhxchris

I made it Off Topic

• Members